drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
I doubt it. Popped in to just warn people and all he got was demands on what happened. Bunch of ingrates. People need to remember that he doesn't need to tell us anything. Demands for answers are out of line and if I'm not mistaken, he turned payments off before he disappeared. So, no, he didn't milk anyone. He just left for whatever reason/s. Which are his own.
He didn't finish the game. It's like paying someone to install a wall in your house and they stop halfway with the excuse of, "Well, I'm not charging you for the rest. Here's half a wall." He's as much a scammer as whoever put it on Steam. He was paid (handsomely) for a product that he never finished. I've got no sympathy for the dev.

donotouch

Jan 27, 2020
I think some of u are mixing things up. If u want pay and demand the product go to Steam (maybe not best place right now). But patreon is different and you need to sort it in your head that you support someone daily struggles, in thanks for his work.

Also there is this difference between tlg and other devs that abandond their projects. He closed patreon probably at, or close to, the moment when he decide he can't do it anymore. Other devs leave it be, to the point when people just stop paying them, sometimes making statements about health problems all over their families etc to just squeeze your pockets or don't post nothing anymore but still with patreon active.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I think some of u are mixing things up. If u want pay and demand the product go to Steam (maybe not best place right now). But patreon is different and you need to sort it in your head that you support someone daily struggles, in thanks for his work.

Also there is this difference between tlg and other devs that abandond their projects. He closed patreon probably at, or close to, the moment when he decide he can't do it anymore. Other devs leave it be, to the point when people just stop paying them, sometimes making statements about health problems all over their families etc to just squeeze your pockets or don't post nothing anymore but still with patreon active.
I commend him for closing his account and stopping the milking, but he owes at least a few words saying he quit. Not even an excuse why. That he does or not is his prerogative, but popping like this after disappearing to warn about a scammer related to his game is quite laughable

vigasvelho

Jan 17, 2021
Take this as a lesson, ONLY PAY FOR COMPLETED GAMES!!!
Yea, that's the gist of it. Honestly, I can see myself paying for not completed games in some cases. But they'd all derivate from a principle of whether the dev has already finished a good game prior to the one I'm debating buying unfinished (devs like DPC, DriftyGames and Caribdis are examples of those who I'd be willing to pay for the game despite being unfinished)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I doubt it. Popped in to just warn people and all he got was demands on what happened. Bunch of ingrates. People need to remember that he doesn't need to tell us anything. Demands for answers are out of line and if I'm not mistaken, he turned payments off before he disappeared. So, no, he didn't milk anyone. He just left for whatever reason/s. Which are his own.
I agree totally he doesn't owe them anything. That does not mean writing a two sentences message saying "hey.. i will stop. Dont wanna talk about it" would have been nice. Takes literally 20 secs and people would appreciate it.

And I say this as someone who doesn't care shit about this game. I made a post explaining how I didn't like it at all. MC is a boring Gary Stu.

So, long story short. He doesn't owe anything. Still a quick message for the fans that supported you (not just monetarily) is essentially costless and would have been nice.

I hope they are doing good in their life and that asshole stealing his game on steam do not get a single penny.

Wolf4827

Sep 18, 2021
As a person who likes to play VN's on Steam, I got confused with this game being on Steam since I knew it was abandoned a while back then check here to get the full story, and damn I got my story, The only thing that I'm confused is the status of the Dev, on one hand, I look at here and see people praising for the dev's return and when I look at steam. I see that the dev has been deceased as he was drafted to war. But at the same time, idk as this is a very confusing moment and time for VN games as a whole

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I look at here and see people praising for the dev's return and when I look at steam. I see that the dev has been deceased as he was drafted to war. But at the same time, idk as this is a very confusing moment and time for VN games as a whole
Well, the dev literally posted today. So, not dead, but the game on steam is not from them.

Do not buy the steam version. That is not me.
But why would someone warn againt buying a product - and still have it linked on the front page?.. you'd think removing the Steam link would be important - Also - how did it end up there in the first place?
It's been removed.

Someone probably notified staff the game was on Steam.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I agree totally he doesn't owe them anything. That does not mean writing a two sentences message saying "hey.. i will stop. Dont wanna talk about it" would have been nice. Takes literally 20 secs and people would appreciate it.

And I say this as someone who doesn't care shit about this game. I made a post explaining how I didn't like it at all. MC is a boring Gary Stu.

So, long story short. He doesn't owe anything. Still a quick message for the fans that supported you (not just monetarily) is essentially costless and would have been nice.

I hope they are doing good in their life and that asshole stealing his game on steam do not get a single penny.
I agree it would've been nice. But he didn't. Which is kind of rude. They can be mad at that and that's fine. I also agree with whoever said that he shouldn't even have popped back up. All it did was stir up more shit. Which this site really doesn't need more of.

Wolf4827

Sep 18, 2021
Well, the dev literally posted today. So, not dead, but the game on steam is not from them.

It's been removed.

Someone probably notified staff the game was on Steam.
ya I did read before typing this, but to know that such a kind of rumor has it where the dev was drafted to the Russian/Ukraine War then passed away which is what I read, doesn't look good for the dev that this "rumor" is happening

zacic10

Jul 17, 2021
you got to be kidding me, the guy suddenly appears and not even a line of why he went missing for a year and didn't deliver the last update the patreons donated for? a mean, you can write like 2 lines and it takes the same time....

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Don't give two shits what you say on this. Even IF what you say is true, which it's not, it doesn't matter. Patrons aren't paying for completed games. They're paying the devs to work on their projects. So, your argument is null and void.
And what work was done between ep 5 and his disappearance when he was supposed to release ep 6? All those people got were a few pictures to keep them on the hook. Where's the proof that he was working on the project for that time for them to be paying him?

Reactions: JustMy2Cents

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Yep, seems TLG only returned for the Day of the Dead, warned fans about the Steam scam (something really obvious), and returned to his tomb again to sleep meanwhile some fans are arguing over his disappearance. :BootyTime:

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
Well at least the mystery of wether he is dead or not ( or was taken by ufo's ) is answered, there is that.
TLG isn't dead but the story/game still is, i don't see that changing. Would be extremely difficult to come back after all this.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well at least the mystery of wether he is dead or not ( or was taken by ufo's ) is answered, there is that.
TLG isn't dead but the story/game still is, i don't see that changing. Would be extremely difficult to come back after all this.
I don't know. Red Dust came back after almost 2 years.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I do hope TLG settles everything and has the will to continue, don't get me wrong. It's a big mountain of questions and opinions to climb though, just sayin'.
Would be interesting to see that happening. Adam needs to be taken down a peg or two for what he's done throughout the story (that really bummed me that he didn't got his comeuppance when I saw the project was abandoned). Wasn't expecting to hear of the dev after what happened some months ago.

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes