3.80 star(s) 106 Votes

Psycroptic

Jul 23, 2019
tHE MARRIAGE IS ON AUTO PILOT, IT IS LIKE THAY HAVE SOME KIND OF INVISIBLE NANNY WHO TAKES CARE OF THEIR MARRIAGE, THEIR COUPLES LIFE, THEIR KID,
WHILE THEY SPEND THEIR TIME BEING THE LAUGHING STALK OF THEIR FIRM:
she and her husband work AT THE SAME FIRM where SOME ASSHOLE IS OPENLY COURTING HER.

wOULD YOU LIKE TO SPECUALTE WHAT everyone who ever heard of him or her is already
thinking ???
Why are you yelling?

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
Her hubby is so cuck sissy he knows full welll his asshole evil opponent is hurtiNg his wife
and does NOTHING, NOT A DAMN THING THAT ANY BRAINLESS INCEL
WOULD STILL HAVE THE PEBBLES TO DO.
I do think David should have had a much stronger response when Chris basically just came out and said he wanted to fuck Anna. I'm pretty sure it's legal for a husband to punch a guy out in that situation...well, in a VN, at least (I think it's spelled out in great detail in Section 3, Chapter 5 of the official Ren'Py Code of Laws). Sure, David got angry in the moment, but Anna was able to calm him down a little bit too easily. To me, that should've been the end of any talk of them meeting up and playing tennis later in the week or even continuing to be "friends." Chris let the alcohol get to him and the truth came pouring out of his lips before he could stop himself (classic Chris IMHO...the guy has virtually no self-control), but it looks like he'll be getting a pass probably mostly for plot convenience reasons. David still doesn't have any idea about the groping or the texting, but at some point he does deserve a share of the blame just for willingly allowing a viper to get so close to his family.
she and her husband work AT THE SAME FIRM where SOME ASSHOLE IS OPENLY COURTING HER.
Actually, David works for his dad's logistics company. Anna works for Hank's law firm. Completely separate businesses. If they worked for the same company, David would have recognized Kendra already.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
I do think David should have had a much stronger response when Chris basically just came out and said he wanted to fuck Anna. I'm pretty sure it's legal for a husband to punch a guy out in that situation...well, in a VN, at least (I think it's spelled out in great detail in Section 3, Chapter 5 of the official Ren'Py Code of Laws). Sure, David got angry in the moment, but Anna was able to calm him down a little bit too easily. To me, that should've been the end of any talk of them meeting up and playing tennis later in the week or even continuing to be "friends." Chris let the alcohol get to him and the truth came pouring out of his lips before he could stop himself (classic Chris IMHO...the guy has virtually no self-control), but it looks like he'll be getting a pass probably mostly for plot convenience reasons. David still doesn't have any idea about the groping or the texting, but at some point he does deserve a share of the blame just for willingly allowing a viper to get so close to his family.

Actually, David works for his dad's logistics company. Anna works for Hank's law firm. Completely separate businesses. If they worked for the same company, David would have recognized Kendra already.
I agree with you, but usually in games like this we can't do anything about Sexual Predator, which is hopeless. If they were working for the same company, Daivd would immediately recognize Kendra and warn Anna to stay away from her.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The whole reactions are tone deaf and thus are tasteless right now.
MC has no punch, Ann has no punch, it is like we are tied of the hands and legs
letting all the plot unfold with nothing to do or say or feel.
That is how you feel under such strenuoues deafening circumstances:
scream your heart out, let the bad thunder outta you into the void of defiance.

Why are you yelling?

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I agree with you, but usually in games like this we can't do anything about Sexual Predator, which is hopeless.
That's totally true, but the thing is David is supposed to be a rather jealous guy. As players, we can encourage him to trust Anna more, but the jealousy previously got to the point that Anna started feeling the need to keep things from him just to avoid fights (for instance, she doesn't tell him about Hank grabbing her or Chris continually flirting with her). David's normally a nice guy, but I don't think of him as passive or oblivious. I'm amazed he was even able to contain his anger when Chris made a pass at his wife right in front of him. Granted, it's been well-established that David does have blinders on when it comes to Chris, and he could try to excuse Chris because he had been drinking or brush it off as a joke as Anna tells him to...but that seems more like the kind of self-delusion a passive or oblivious person would engage in. At some point, I expect to see the beast emerge if David's truly the jealous type.

Incidentally, I don't see David ending his friendship with Chris as necessarily stopping Anna and Chris from getting together. If David had exploded or gotten violent, I bet Anna would have been upset with him for acting like a jealous schoolboy. She'd surely have responded to Chris if he texted her some sad message about David refusing to talk to him. If he invited Anna for a coffee so they could talk about whether his friendship with David was salvageable, I could totally see her accepting that offer. Of course, since it's Chris we're talking about he'd probably invite her to the bar for a beer and then try to get her drunk enough to fuck him, but you get my point. Chris already seems to talk to Anna more than David so the "friendship" between the two guys is on thin ice already and fraying more by the day.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We all know Anna shut Chris totally out of her life after he tried multiple times to drunk rape her.
That is canon. You seem to be constantly expecting past for sure no nos be repeating themselves.
That's totally true, but the thing is David is supposed to be a rather jealous guy. As players, we can encourage him to trust Anna more, but the jealousy previously got to the point that Anna started feeling the need to keep things from him just to avoid fights (for instance, she doesn't tell him about Hank grabbing her or Chris continually flirting with her). David's normally a nice guy, but I don't think of him as passive or oblivious. I'm amazed he was even able to contain his anger when Chris made a pass at his wife right in front of him. Granted, it's been well-established that David does have blinders on when it comes to Chris, and he could try to excuse Chris because he had been drinking or brush it off as a joke as Anna tells him to...but that seems more like the kind of self-delusion a passive or oblivious person would engage in. At some point, I expect to see the beast emerge if David's truly the jealous type.

Incidentally, I don't see David ending his friendship with Chris as necessarily stopping Anna and Chris from getting together. If David had exploded or gotten violent, I bet Anna would have been upset with him for acting like a jealous schoolboy. She'd surely have responded to Chris if he texted her some sad message about David refusing to talk to him. If he invited Anna for a coffee so they could talk about whether his friendship with David was salvageable, I could totally see her accepting that offer. Of course, since it's Chris we're talking about he'd probably invite her to the bar for a beer and then try to get her drunk enough to fuck him, but you get my point. Chris already seems to talk to Anna more than David so the "friendship" between the two guys is on thin ice already and fraying more by the day.
invite her to the bar for a beer and then try to get her drunk enough to fuck him
Chris already seems to talk to Anna more than David
You still have not advanced any way shape or form that we could feel any way better
about being tied of hands and feet in situations where Ann and Chris themselves expect
David to do something but this game cut out all the game out of gaming.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
We all know Anna shut Chris totally out of her life after he tried multiple times to drunk rape her.
That is canon. You seem to be constantly expecting past for sure no nos be repeating themselves.
Well, I for one didn't know that. Do you have screenshots to back that claim up?

Anna definitely doesn't initially like Chris. He creates a bad first impression by hitting on her while she's on a date with David. Once she gets to know him better, she doesn't like his attitude towards women (especially his constant bragging about his conquests) and becomes angry when he cheats on a friend of hers after they had started dating. Chris and Anna bury the hatchet at the wedding and essentially become friends from that point on.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Well, I for one didn't know that. Do you have screenshots to back that claim up?

Anna definitely doesn't initially like Chris. He creates a bad first impression by hitting on her while she's on a date with David. Once she gets to know him better, she doesn't like his attitude towards women (especially his constant bragging about his conquests) and becomes angry when he cheats on a friend of hers after they had started dating. Chris and Anna bury the hatchet at the wedding and essentially become friends from that point on.
And influenced by the photos of Anna when David shows them to Chris. Angry Chris returns and wants to fuck Anna. Only Anna does not know that angry Chris is back and the truce is no longer in force.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
And influenced by the photos of Anna when David shows them to Chris. Angry Chris returns and wants to fuck Anna. Only Anna does not know that angry Chris is back and the truce is no longer in force.
(y) Very well said for me Anna will just be another conquest for Chris or maybe something the most future wife is just Anna who can't see that but I don't think that's her case Anna is not stupid she is an intelligent woman and knows very well the Chris' intentions

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game is telling a story of how the couple came to be:
Chris CONSTANTLY HITTING ON ANNA AND ANNA
CONSTANTLY TELLING HIM ”GO FKK YOURSELF!” FOR THE WHOLE 9 MONTHS.

Anna CONSTANTLY ONLY HAVING EYES, YEARS, KISSES, HUGS, CUDDLES FOR DAVID
FROM THE MOMENT SHE MET CHRIS THE ASSHOLE TO THIS DAY.

Now you all seem dead set on seeing the same slurrs and same gropes as the already dead and gone prologue ones we were all made aware of from the very first scenes.

How do y”all suppose this game is going anywhere with a dumber than dust Chris?
You seem dead set on making Ann the dead beat no brain cells whore right this second.

Chris right now is going straight into rape and murder, american psycho style.
Anything else and we are back to old disgusting manga with alcohool rape and
the woman finding out she likes being raped and beaten into worthless lump of raw meat.

Psycroptic

Jul 23, 2019
This game is telling a story of how the couple came to be:
Chris CONSTANTLY HITTING ON ANNA AND ANNA
CONSTANTLY TELLING HIM ”GO FKK YOURSELF!” FOR THE WHOLE 9 MONTHS.

Anna CONSTANTLY ONLY HAVING EYES, YEARS, KISSES, HUGS, CUDDLES FOR DAVID
FROM THE MOMENT SHE MET CHRIS THE ASSHOLE TO THIS DAY.

Now you all seem dead set on seeing the same slurrs and same gropes as the already dead and gone prologue ones we were all made aware of from the very first scenes.

How do y”all suppose this game is going anywhere with a dumber than dust Chris?
You seem dead set on making Ann the dead beat no brain cells whore right this second.

Chris right now is going straight into rape and murder, american psycho style.
Anything else and we are back to old disgusting manga with alcohool rape and
the woman finding out she likes being raped and beaten into worthless lump of raw meat.
You're so far off on your assessments.

Thriller99

Dec 23, 2017
@Mr_Palmer Hey man firstly I like this game and loved slow corruption and story so far. But I have a small question and criticism: first, all updates until part 3 will be 1 playable day? if so, this means Anna's part will take 5 months to complete. I think that's what people here are whining about, people might be more satisfied if each update had 3 4 playable days because otherwise people might not be very satisfied because it may not be enough to wait 1 month and see playable 1 day. But of course its easy to say I'm just suggesting. I will be glad if you answer.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
@Mr_Palmer Hey man firstly I like this game and loved slow corruption and story so far. But I have a small question and criticism: first, all updates until part 3 will be 1 playable day? if so, this means Anna's part will take 5 months to complete. I think that's what people here are whining about, people might be more satisfied if each update had 3 4 playable days because otherwise people might not be very satisfied because it may not be enough to wait 1 month and see playable 1 day. But of course its easy to say I'm just suggesting. I will be glad if you answer.
Dev said Ch3 would start where Ch2 ends.

Mr_Palmer

May 28, 2022
Hello, I understand the frustration which is why I warn with every update that if you don’t like shorter updates to wait to download until after a few updates. I did a poll, and the patrons overwhelmingly voted that I continue to release updates as I go, instead of waiting, so I’m going to continue to release once I finish each playable day.

I’ll point out that v0.5 will actually contain Fri and Sat. It’s possible if a playable day is really short I may include it with another day.

This VN is something I do in my free time, and I don’t have any intention of making this a huge production. It’s just an artist and me. It takes a lot of time to develop this, so if the pacing is too slow, I strongly suggest that people check back in a year and you’ll have plenty of content, maybe even a finished story if everything works out perfectly.

Last edited:

Rigitino

Apr 8, 2018
Hello, I understand the frustration which is why I warn with every update that if you don’t like shorter updates to wait to download until after a few updates. I did a poll, and the patrons overwhelmingly voted that I continue to release updates as I go, instead of waiting, so I’m going to continue to release once I finish each playable day.

I’ll point out that v0.5 will actually contain Fri and Sat. It’s possible if a playable day is really short I may include it with another day.

This VN is something I do in my free time, and I don’t have any intention of making this a huge production. It’s just an artist and me. It takes a lot of time to develop this, so if the pacing is too slow, I strongly suggest that people check back in a year and you’ll have plenty of content, maybe even a finished story if everything works out perfectly.
You see, I really appreciate the transparency and honestly. I just hope you understand that for a lot of us, contributing to this game isn't worth it when we're told to "come back in a year" when we ask about content. No hate, really. You vision for your game is great and I only wish I could see the final product now. I just want to lay it out there so you understand why some of us (like me) are going to stop contributing, even though we don't necessarily think the game is bad.

Mr_Palmer

May 28, 2022
You see, I really appreciate the transparency and honestly. I just hope you understand that for a lot of us, contributing to this game isn't worth it when we're told to "come back in a year" when we ask about content. No hate, really. You vision for your game is great and I only wish I could see the final product now. I just want to lay it out there so you understand why some of us (like me) are going to stop contributing, even though we don't necessarily think the game is bad.
That’s fine, I appreciate anything that you contribute. At the end of the day I want to make a great VN that fans will love first and foremost. I’m not going mislead anyone... There’s still a lot of writing, programming, and rendering that has to happen, and based on the pace so far, it’s going to take months to complete, considering I have a full time job. And I had to find a new artist recently. I love working on this project and will try to move forward as fast as I can.

Adolfo

Jun 5, 2017
Even the development is slow, because the story needs it. The game worths to pay for it. Next month I will begun to pay, just a little, but is one of the games thst I want to see the evolution, even if there is no sex at the moment. I want to see Anna corrupted by Chris, deceived by her officce mates and blackmailed by her boss meanwhile her husband is absolutely innocent (I think there will be a way).

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I feel like every person who plays VNs has probably been where you are at some point. Waiting is frustrating. We all want to see where the story goes while we're still alive enough to enjoy it. That said, though, I think A Perfect Marriage is doing better than many of its peers. The monthly updates, even if short, come out reliably. I look forward every month to playing the new version and talking about the latest developments with you guys. There's a game called Offcuts whose fans have literally been waiting for YEARS to play the promised next update. There's serious talk on the Summer's Gone thread about the game not being finished for decades at the current development pace. Even a game like A Promise Best Left Unkept which updates regularly and has a story that is almost finished is still a long way from actually being done because of all the planned endings. Even if it takes 2-3 years to finish A Perfect Marriage, I think that'd be a pretty reasonable timeline. Rendering images in particular is a slow process that will always be a bottleneck on development barring some sudden technological advance.

Whether you should continue to support the game and developer on Patreon is a deeply personal decision. That's your money going out every month so you should decide what makes the most sense for you and your budget. There's also no rule that says you can't take a break and come back later. Or just pay what you want on Itch after downloading the free update from there.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 106 Votes