VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
The circumstance is completely different for a few reasons.
Bad Memories (a great game, btw) is done in first person. That cuts down on the work creating visuals. Most of your screens don't feature the MC, so you don't have to make one for each gender. PFYT is a third person game staring Penny, a previously established character from Avalon. Making it first person would put less of an emphasis on her (you'd rarely see her) which would ruin the point of the game.

Secondly, Penny has a very independent personality. I think she will work out far better than both a corruptible MC and a self insert MC.

Lockheart is a pretty good writer. I'm not personally interested in playing as a lesbian MC, but I have faith that it will be plenty entertaining, specially because it's a 3rd person character driven story and not a 1st person lesbian self insert.
Nah man, the 1st person perspective was not any part of what I meant about it. There are fans, who like the MC that you make decisions for, being a female pure lesbian. That aspect would translate perfectly to a 3rd person Penny, who you make decisions for, being a female pure lesbian.

See what I mean, man? No loss of emphasis.

I do also feel (IMO) FemC is still emphasized as she is the Main you just see her less (But there are scenes you see her as well).

PEACE

Sep 10, 2021
Nah man, the 1st person perspective was not any part of what I meant about it. There are fans, who like the MC that you make decisions for, being a female pure lesbian. That aspect would translate perfectly to a 3rd person Penny, who you make decisions for, being a female pure lesbian.

See what I mean, man? No loss of emphasis.

I do also feel (IMO) FemC is still emphasized as she is the Main you just see her less (But there are scenes you see her as well).

PEACE
I don't think we have to worry about Penny not being a pure lesbian. Honestly, I'm not sure how much different our decisions would make anyway. There were only two story altering choices in Avalon and not 100% sure how many if any there are in APAT. I kinda prefer it this way anyway.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Myrabelle

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I don't think we have to worry about Penny not being a pure lesbian.
I hear what you are saying, and while I agree, I sure would pay real money to see Penny jump on a big Dick. ;) I think Bad Memories was great for giving the player the choice for MC's gender, though again, I would have liked the option to play the female MC as Bi. I think my favorite for branching paths with a female MC, is Good Girl Gone Bad, as you can go pure Lesbo, or Bi, or daddy/daughter. So many options, and they were all really well done. Though the 2D art style gives the Dev a lot more options for branching paths, without taking years to develop. (y)

Oct 22, 2017
P.S. I think the approach(Rec's) where the female lead is treated like most male leads is infinitely superior to the very common female protag is a "sex doll" to corrupt and abuse with dozens of others.
I think this is actually a really noteworthy point. When I was new around here, I would have put myself in the 'no female protagonist games' crowd. Whereas it should have been the 'no corruptible fuck-doll games' crowd. Games like Rec's are far too few between. I'm still suspicious when I see that tag, because the chance to get a good one (from my perspective) feels far too small.

anakha3263

Jul 29, 2018
I haven't posted much aside from requesting word wraps and shit from poor MTLs, but fuck me, my man. The writing in this was amazing. The MC's humour got me so fuckin often I almost choked a number of times.

I'll be looking forward to more of this

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Just checking in to see if this game is still criminally underrated, and of course it
I don't know, the reviews are very positive for the most part, as they should be, so maybe underexposed? Definitely not underrated for me, as it is by far the best game I have seen by Lockheart. First one he has done, where the writing measures up to his technical skill, which has always been very good. I realize that sounded like a backhanded complement, but I can't pretend to have enjoyed the story in Avalon, or the character Penny in particular, but I find this game spot on. So progress is good right? I hope when it is finished it can go on Steam, where Avalon has been pretty well received. Want Lockheart to make lots of money, so we can get more games like this one. :love:

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
This game is definitely a step up in every way from his previous work.

what’s the update schedule look like though? Every 3 months?

Myrabelle

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2021
This game is definitely a step up in every way from his previous work.

what’s the update schedule look like though? Every 3 months?
Hey wizgset!

We're glad to hear you're enjoying A Petal Among Thorns. We should have Chapter 4 out by the end of this month or possibly early next month. We've got two more scenes to do but we're trying to cram in a lot of great content.

Thank you for your support.

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
Hey wizgset!

We're glad to hear you're enjoying A Petal Among Thorns. We should have Chapter 4 out by the end of this month or possibly early next month. We've got two more scenes to do but we're trying to cram in a lot of great content.

Thank you for your support.
Love the idea of a lot of great content. I am willing to wait (not so patiently lol) for a good result...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Myrabelle

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
A Petal Among Thorns [Ch.4] [Lockheart] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 945 MB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 283 MB
- - -

Original Mac Size: 910 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 249 MB
- - -

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
wait a sec, wheres the incest patch? Did we even need it last time/?

edit: nvm you can set it in preferences.

edit2: lol now all those who complained about the excessive daddy/daughter title can now have it change. good idea Devs.

Last edited:

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Nice game start, looks promising!

While checking the game I "had to" cheat the game a little - I unlocked the Gallery...
Also since v2.02: a Jukebox player function to play the game music tracks by your own.
(I added a button in the main menu. While playing the game you can press "Shift"+"k")

Sept. 30, 2021
Updated my Mod for the new game version v3.01

Download Gallery cheat Mod v3.01 (<1MB)
Workupload

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 1428477 View attachment 1428478 View attachment 1428479 View attachment 1428480
Please, can you update to : A Petal Among Thorns - Ch.4
Thanks in advance...

Reactions: crazyhorsebraz

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
wait a sec, wheres the incest patch? Did we even need it last time/?

edit: nvm you can set it in preferences.

edit2: lol now all those who complained about the excessive daddy/daughter title can now have it change. good idea Devs.
i'm not seeing any option to change it in preferences, how'd you change it?

Reactions: Sunedosa

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
oh hello, a realistically proportioned female you have my attention. will have to give this a try once Vaginal gets added.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes