VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
He is posting an additional Mega link for the compressed version, not a game update. The release downloads on the main page are already v4.01.
Ahh - that was what I was missing - the main page says 4.0 (not 4.0.1) which was why I was confused.

1638075976915.png

Reactions: J.R.

Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
Finished up to end of Ch4. Must say, very nice story and impressive interactions. Petal is adorable and I gotta say, I very much enjoyed the early feeding scene cause its not often you see a character 'eat' something normally as that is a difficult thing to animate/model but was done so well here. Still shame it was interupted. :p

Reactions: Fitshace

Wolfkins

Apr 10, 2020
It's taboo because the child produced by incest has genetic flaws...reduced IQ to the point of mental retardation, teeth size and extra teeth growing in weird locations, webbed toes and fingers, and really bad mental issues to the point of be a psychopath, and etc.
Sometimes the flaws skip a generation but they show up .

I like playing games like these but please do not try to normalize incest.
"Normalize Incest" hmmm... so let's take a little stroll through bible mythology shall we? Since Adam & Eve were supposed to be the first of mankind the only way that more humans came into being was through incest of some sort because there were no other people specifically created by God in this story, it follows that all of humanity was created through the children in Adam & Eve's family.

Cain & Abel had wives (where'd they come from if only Adam & Eve were created? They could only be their own sisters, there's no other explanation for their existence). Continuing on that theme when the great flood killed off most of the world's population and creatures supposedly Noah's family was all that was left of mankind & if so all of humanity sprang from said family which again would by necessity of zero alternatives include children of some degree of incest (cousins, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, and so forth).

Granted this goes off of religious storytelling which is deliberately vague in offering an explanation which doesn't involve incest for how humans procreated & grew in population.

If you look at sexual practices in nature incest is absolutely a commonplace occurrence when there is a lack of other suitable breeding mates outside of one's immediate family group.

Science has accurately shown that amongst mammals the breeding partner which is usually the most attractive to the individual in search of a mate are the ones with genetic traits that most similarly mirror those that the searchee also possesses.

This is the reason why in human relationships it's absolutely normal that men are usually attracted to women that strongly genetically resemble their mothers or sisters, and for women those that resemble their fathers or brothers. I'm not referring to physical appearances, but genetic similarities which for some reason many species are able to somehow intuitively perceive.

From a genetic point of view being attracted to one's biological family makes sense because sharing these genetic similarities strengthens them (the good and the bad).

The problems arise when there's too much concentration of the same genetic material as it leads to the likelihood of mutations but that generally only happens through successive generations of inbreeding without any outside genetic influx.

This isn't "normalizing incest" this is acknowledging that in fact in nature incest is anything but abnormal or unnatural even if it causes distaste & judgement in human society, that doesn't negate that it is a phenomenon that occurs frequently in nature itself.

Wolfkins

Apr 10, 2020
Just wonder if the same people who feel like games such as these "normalize" the fantasies depicted therein, believe that games such as say Grand Theft Auto normalize car theft, gangbanging, rape & murder? Or any of the hundred corruption games normalize blackmail? Just curious. Oh & here's a rough comic of my opinion of some morality/ethics police in this thread.
PicsArt_12-02-03.52.17.jpg

Enderstar

Nov 11, 2020
"Normalize Incest" hmmm... so let's take a little stroll through bible mythology shall we? Since Adam & Eve were supposed to be the first of mankind the only way that more humans came into being was through incest of some sort because there were no other people specifically created by God in this story, it follows that all of humanity was created through the children in Adam & Eve's family.

Cain & Abel had wives (where'd they come from if only Adam & Eve were created? They could only be their own sisters, there's no other explanation for their existence). Continuing on that theme when the great flood killed off most of the world's population and creatures supposedly Noah's family was all that was left of mankind & if so all of humanity sprang from said family which again would by necessity of zero alternatives include children of some degree of incest (cousins, nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, and so forth).

Granted this goes off of religious storytelling which is deliberately vague in offering an explanation which doesn't involve incest for how humans procreated & grew in population.

If you look at sexual practices in nature incest is absolutely a commonplace occurrence when there is a lack of other suitable breeding mates outside of one's immediate family group.

Science has accurately shown that amongst mammals the breeding partner which is usually the most attractive to the individual in search of a mate are the ones with genetic traits that most similarly mirror those that the searchee also possesses.

This is the reason why in human relationships it's absolutely normal that men are usually attracted to women that strongly genetically resemble their mothers or sisters, and for women those that resemble their fathers or brothers. I'm not referring to physical appearances, but genetic similarities which for some reason many species are able to somehow intuitively perceive.

From a genetic point of view being attracted to one's biological family makes sense because sharing these genetic similarities strengthens them (the good and the bad).

The problems arise when there's too much concentration of the same genetic material as it leads to the likelihood of mutations but that generally only happens through successive generations of inbreeding without any outside genetic influx.

This isn't "normalizing incest" this is acknowledging that in fact in nature incest is anything but abnormal or unnatural even if it causes distaste & judgement in human society, that doesn't negate that it is a phenomenon that occurs frequently in nature itself.
That top-line about Adam and Eve. EXACTLY how I always thought of it. I would have religious people knock on my door and i would tell them this, in a manner of speaking. Got them every time haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolfkins

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
Nice game start, looks promising!

While checking the game I "had to" cheat the game a little - I unlocked the Gallery...
Also since v2.02: a Jukebox player function to play the game music tracks by your own.
(I added a button in the main menu. While playing the game you can press "Shift"+"k")

Nov. 23, 2021
Updated my Mod for the new game version v4.01

Download Gallery cheat Mod v4.01 (<1MB)
Workupload

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 1514952 View attachment 1514953 View attachment 1514954 View attachment 1514955
Work upload never works for me can you please also upload it somewhere else?

TM REDUX

Dec 14, 2021
Great! keep up the good work, better than Avalon (its not a depressing story,) and has more direction than Penny!

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes