• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Male Protagonist Daddy / Daughter story with Incest, Mild Femdom, Mild Pet Play, optional Foot Fetish, romance, build up, teasing, blowjobs, titjobs.
Hey, just wanted to come by and say that I wish more games had this much clarity when it comes to what kind of content you'll find.
It took me only a few seconds to see if the game would have something that I'd like or not, thanks to that simple description, instead of having to waste hours playing it to find out. So thanks a lot!

PerVertex

Jun 22, 2018
I really enjoyed the game from begin to end, and loved the little throwback to a prev. series in one of the scenes.
But that last sex-scene,THE thing the entire game builds up to, is finished in give or take three pumps.
it was kinda, anti-climactic.

But if that is my only pet peeve with this whole novel, its still quite a minor one.

NC_summer

Feb 2, 2022
I will say at the outset - thoroughly enjoyed, look forward to more.

What needs improvement.........most of the animations are not really animated - but simple "GIFs" (or appear to be), and poorly done GIFs at that.

second - Daddy's dialogue is waaaaay too verbose........does he really have to lecture/sermon-ize/virtue signal us every time he opens his mouth? Like a professor who drones on endlessly- you start to tune it all out. A good writer can easily get their message across in half the crap........so use that as future formula: Half the lecturing = twice the enjoyment.

Wonderful artwork - prob best feature

DenverTrucker

Apr 24, 2020
I will say at the outset - thoroughly enjoyed, look forward to more.

What needs improvement.........most of the animations are not really animated - but simple "GIFs" (or appear to be), and poorly done GIFs at that.

second - Daddy's dialogue is waaaaay too verbose........does he really have to lecture/sermon-ize/virtue signal us every time he opens his mouth? Like a professor who drones on endlessly- you start to tune it all out. A good writer can easily get their message across in half the crap........so use that as future formula: Half the lecturing = twice the enjoyment.

Wonderful artwork - prob best feature
Pretty much same remarks as NC_Summer, But over all not bad at all (y)

lalushka

Jun 12, 2017
screenshot0001.png

View like that i think it would look sexier when looking down at her instead that view shown in the picture. Point of View perspective - more immersive.

derodius

Nov 17, 2020
got an odd one if anyone has a suggestion.

played all the other updates with naming and everything being fine but with this update im stuck as "Guardian" with no way to change it that i can find.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
got an odd one if anyone has a suggestion.

played all the other updates with naming and everything being fine but with this update im stuck as "Guardian" with no way to change it that i can find.
Go to 'Preferences' section and you can change it from there.

Reactions: derodius

Fitshace

May 22, 2020
Lockheart's Patreon update Feb 10th 2022, posted with his permission:

Dear Adult Game Enthusiasts,

I recently received a message from Steam letting me know that they will not allow A Petal Among Thorns on their platform even with alterations. After begging for them to reconsider, they stood behind their decision and refused to give me any opportunity to modify my game to fit their policies.

Steam could neither give me regulations or policies that I was in violation of, and they have several games on their site that have far younger women than Petal in sexual situations and others that directly feature incest content. It is apparent to me that I was simply unfortunate with the reviewer that got their hands on my game.

I'm confident the reason they were able to blanket block my work is because there was an age variable for Petal that was changeable. I won't be messing around with age-play anymore as it seems to lead to more problems than it's worth. I noticed other games taking advantage of the age-play variable and finding success with it, so I decided to try it myself so that perhaps I could get my own slice of success from it. It will no longer be featured in any of my works moving forward.

Before I continue, I'd like to say that I am extremely displeased with how Steam is handling this situation. Not allowing me to make modifications is an outright affront to the developers they work with. It's obvious that they need to internally work out their policies on adult content. If they don't accept certain themes, that's up to them, but these undefined policies are impossible to follow because they don't actually exist. Decisions to host an adult game depend entirely on the whims of individual team members over at Steam who review them.

I'm continuing work on A Moment of Bliss. However, the expected income from the release of Petal is not coming in so I'm having to adjust some of my real life priorities. I've had to reacquire my old job that I quit so I could work full time on these novels. It'll only take me about ten hours a week, but it is ten hours not spent on AMoB which is unfortunate.

This is a massive loss, but it's not going to put me in the poor house. Hopefully A Moment of Bliss will bring in more supporters and eventually Patreon might be my main source of income.

We recently hit 200 subscribers on Patreon which is a great milestone and an achievement. I appreciate every supporter. You're helping me to live my dream of writing stories. And I appreciate Patreon for allowing me on their platform.

My final words on this will be a request to all those enjoying adult games. Please remember to support the works you indulge in however you can. If you love an Adult Game, remember to share your excitement of its contents with others in forums or Discord. Spread the word, spread the support. Together we can not only keep this industry alive, but drive it forward.

I appreciate all of your support and your kindness in these hard times. Thank you!

Lockheart

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020

Hopefully A Moment of Bliss will bring in more supporters and eventually Patreon might be my main source of income.

We recently hit 200 subscribers on Patreon which is a great milestone and an achievement. I appreciate every supporter. You're helping me to live my dream of writing stories. And I appreciate Patreon for allowing me on their platform.
my god, how can anyone trust patreon at this point. they are FAR worse than steam. this dev is gonna be burned hard in the near future considering this. can someone please urge this dev to migrate to substar or some other funding site?

Reactions: notBatman747

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
my god, how can anyone trust patreon at this point. they are FAR worse than steam. this dev is gonna be burned hard in the near future considering this. can someone please urge this dev to migrate to substar or some other funding site?
If I were some of these devs, I'd probably setup my own XenForo forum and grab some addons for product management and avoid third-party funding sites altogether. But that's just me..

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
If I were some of these devs, I'd probably setup my own XenForo forum and grab some addons for product management and avoid third-party funding sites altogether. But that's just me..
as much as i agree with the sentiment, i can't even imagine how hard it would be to run a site + try to make a game. so short term it's just better to migrate to another site, long term i'd agree making one would be best. (but require a shit ton of work)

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
as much as i agree with the sentiment, i can't even imagine how hard it would be to run a site + try to make a game. so short term it's just better to migrate to another site, long term i'd agree making one would be best. (but require a shit ton of work)
It really depends. But of course, I find it easy as I've run a few forums and a handful of other web sites myself. But yeah, either way, devs need to find a lease restrictive way to get funds.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

Before I continue, I'd like to say that I am extremely displeased with how Steam is handling this situation. Not allowing me to make modifications is an outright affront to the developers they work with. It's obvious that they need to internally work out their policies on adult content. If they don't accept certain themes, that's up to them, but these undefined policies are impossible to follow because they don't actually exist. Decisions to host an adult game depend entirely on the whims of individual team members over at Steam who review them.
Lockheart
The fact that they won't let Lockheart modify and resubmit the game suggests that Steam is targeting him/her as well as the content. I would not be surprised for more troubles with Steam to continue...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavi13 and Fitshace

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
The fact that they won't let Lockheart modify and resubmit the game suggests that Steam is targeting him/her as well as the content. I would not be surprised for more troubles with Steam to continue...
Not impossible, but unlikely; from what I understand Valve is changing the rules so often that even Steam employee's don't know what is allowed or not, and they are doing the "end of story, no appeal" thing to prevent a massive workload increase.
Valve is also still trying to figure out how to strike the right balance on the global market, without having to actually take a stand regarding the content.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Not impossible, but unlikely; from what I understand Valve is changing the rules so often that even Steam employee's don't know what is allowed or not, and they are doing the "end of story, no appeal" thing to prevent a massive workload increase.
Valve is also still trying to figure out how to strike the right balance on the global market, without having to actually take a stand regarding the content.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: Tavi13
4.50 star(s) 114 Votes