• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
I really don't know what's involved in setting up a site to promote and fund this type of product, but I think you guys are on the right track. I would approach it from a different angle though, instead of Lockheart setting up a site for just his own games a group of Dev's should set one up jointly. I'd hate to miss out on what happens in next episode with Bliss and the continuation of this story, not to mention quality content from this Developer.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.
Np~
There was an article from PC gamer a few months ago about the issues they are having. Apparently one of the bigger independant companies (I forget who) was taking them to court for refusing to ship their new release, despite the release not actually having any sexual content.
The article got into the details about how often Valve was changing their "guidelines", and how no one had any idea at all what was acceptable and what wasn't.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Saw someone post recordings from this game a couple of days ago, and after two brief sessions had to find it. Downloaded late last night and have already played to the end of Chapter 4 - may finish before I go to bed. Very fun game; very good graphics and dialogue - only noticed three or four typos which is insanely good. I tried to do my namings without going full ncst mode, but the dialogue just doesn't work right unless you give into that mindset for the game. She calls MC "Poppy" and, and she's his "little girl". Later in the "fantasy role play" MC is called "My Gardener" and Petal is "My Flower" - just like these thematic names better than the suggested names. After doing those names, it struck me that "Poppy" also fits the same theme - I was just looking for something less on the nose than "daddy" - that just creeps me out a bit.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
I really wanted to like this game, but it ended up being a bit disappointing. The artwork and story premise were good, but based on the tags, I was expecting it to be a more romance focused game. While there were romantic elements, it ended up coming across as a more domination/corruption focused game by the end. Those tags are missing by the way. I might have had different expectations if those tags were present. Also, after all that buildup, the direction the deflowering scene went was a huge let down for me.

Not sure what direction Lockheart is planning to take this for the sequel, but based on how things escalated in this game, I fear the kinks are just going to get more extreme. The dev certainly seems to have Petal pushing the MC towards a heavy maledom route. Personally, I hope things get toned down instead of escalating, but I have my doubts.

I will be cautiously watching to see how the sequel develops.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Go to 'Preferences' section and you can change it from there.
No such option exists in the "Preferences" menu, nor can it be changed by adding the proper variable through the console. I'm also stuck with the name "Chester" (I'm coming, Marshal Dillon!) instead of the name I gave the MC. Was there some big change between v2 and this one? (I haven't played since v2.) There's almost nothing in the "Variable Viewer" menu, now, and nothing will add to it.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
No such option exists in the "Preferences" menu, nor can it be changed by adding the proper variable through the console. I'm also stuck with the name "Chester" (I'm coming, Marshal Dillon!) instead of the name I gave the MC. Was there some big change between v2 and this one? (I haven't played since v2.) There's almost nothing in the "Variable Viewer" menu, now, and nothing will add to it.
You have to go to the preferences when already playing the game, not at the game start in the main menu. You also have to scroll down then a bit.

Reactions: sava75

hasani200

Jul 15, 2018
Just found the final chapter, downloaded it and now I get an error that I cant get past, it will not allow me to load or save. Everything else in preferences still works, but cannot save. I tested chapter 4 before opening new file for 5, worked fine as it always has. Of course now the older file for 4 will now not load or save. I decided to start from the beginning with 5 but that didnt help either (?) any suggestion??

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
I played this game because I absolutely loved Avalon. (As you can see I even use her as my Avatar.) If I compare the two then this game does not even come close to Avalon. I don't care about the daughter the same way, there is not much of a story beyond the intimacy of the characters, and the jokes were not as funny. In fact the best joke was from A's Uncle during his cameo appearance.

However, if I do NOT compare this game to Avalon, then I liked it. I find the daughter to be pretty, the game has excellent renders and the fact that this was just the first game in a series excites me to see how the story progresses. Some of the other characters from the upcoming sequels have already been introduced and they are attractive as well. So again when not comparing it to anything else, I really enjoyed playing it and can't wait for the next game in the series to come out.

In Fact, I think the trilogy is an interesting idea, I just hope that the other two games are not essentially the same story with the other daughters.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I played this game because I absolutely loved Avalon
I didn't care for Avalon at all. Except for Leah, no one really did it for me, and I found the game very frustrating. :cry:
I really like Petal though. I think, other than a pretty big letdown at the end, it's great. And very excited for the continuation of her story. (y)
I think the games were aimed at different target audiences, but Lockheart's technical skill is impressive either way. :love:

Reactions: echizen128
4.50 star(s) 114 Votes