VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes

PerVertex

Jun 22, 2018
I really enjoyed the game from begin to end, and loved the little throwback to a prev. series in one of the scenes.
But that last sex-scene,THE thing the entire game builds up to, is finished in give or take three pumps.
it was kinda, anti-climactic.

But if that is my only pet peeve with this whole novel, its still quite a minor one.

NC_summer

Feb 2, 2022
I will say at the outset - thoroughly enjoyed, look forward to more.

What needs improvement.........most of the animations are not really animated - but simple "GIFs" (or appear to be), and poorly done GIFs at that.

second - Daddy's dialogue is waaaaay too verbose........does he really have to lecture/sermon-ize/virtue signal us every time he opens his mouth? Like a professor who drones on endlessly- you start to tune it all out. A good writer can easily get their message across in half the crap........so use that as future formula: Half the lecturing = twice the enjoyment.

Wonderful artwork - prob best feature

DenverTrucker

Apr 24, 2020
I will say at the outset - thoroughly enjoyed, look forward to more.

What needs improvement.........most of the animations are not really animated - but simple "GIFs" (or appear to be), and poorly done GIFs at that.

second - Daddy's dialogue is waaaaay too verbose........does he really have to lecture/sermon-ize/virtue signal us every time he opens his mouth? Like a professor who drones on endlessly- you start to tune it all out. A good writer can easily get their message across in half the crap........so use that as future formula: Half the lecturing = twice the enjoyment.

Wonderful artwork - prob best feature
Pretty much same remarks as NC_Summer, But over all not bad at all (y)

lalushka

Jun 12, 2017
screenshot0001.png

View like that i think it would look sexier when looking down at her instead that view shown in the picture. Point of View perspective - more immersive.

derodius

Nov 17, 2020
got an odd one if anyone has a suggestion.

played all the other updates with naming and everything being fine but with this update im stuck as "Guardian" with no way to change it that i can find.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
got an odd one if anyone has a suggestion.

played all the other updates with naming and everything being fine but with this update im stuck as "Guardian" with no way to change it that i can find.
Go to 'Preferences' section and you can change it from there.

Reactions: derodius

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Lockheart's Patreon update Feb 10th 2022, posted with his permission:

Hopefully A Moment of Bliss will bring in more supporters and eventually Patreon might be my main source of income.

We recently hit 200 subscribers on Patreon which is a great milestone and an achievement. I appreciate every supporter. You're helping me to live my dream of writing stories. And I appreciate Patreon for allowing me on their platform.
my god, how can anyone trust patreon at this point. they are FAR worse than steam. this dev is gonna be burned hard in the near future considering this. can someone please urge this dev to migrate to substar or some other funding site?

Reactions: notBatman747

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
my god, how can anyone trust patreon at this point. they are FAR worse than steam. this dev is gonna be burned hard in the near future considering this. can someone please urge this dev to migrate to substar or some other funding site?
If I were some of these devs, I'd probably setup my own XenForo forum and grab some addons for product management and avoid third-party funding sites altogether. But that's just me..

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
If I were some of these devs, I'd probably setup my own XenForo forum and grab some addons for product management and avoid third-party funding sites altogether. But that's just me..
as much as i agree with the sentiment, i can't even imagine how hard it would be to run a site + try to make a game. so short term it's just better to migrate to another site, long term i'd agree making one would be best. (but require a shit ton of work)

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
as much as i agree with the sentiment, i can't even imagine how hard it would be to run a site + try to make a game. so short term it's just better to migrate to another site, long term i'd agree making one would be best. (but require a shit ton of work)
It really depends. But of course, I find it easy as I've run a few forums and a handful of other web sites myself. But yeah, either way, devs need to find a lease restrictive way to get funds.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Lockheart's Patreon update Feb 10th 2022, posted with his permission:

Before I continue, I'd like to say that I am extremely displeased with how Steam is handling this situation. Not allowing me to make modifications is an outright affront to the developers they work with. It's obvious that they need to internally work out their policies on adult content. If they don't accept certain themes, that's up to them, but these undefined policies are impossible to follow because they don't actually exist. Decisions to host an adult game depend entirely on the whims of individual team members over at Steam who review them.
Lockheart
The fact that they won't let Lockheart modify and resubmit the game suggests that Steam is targeting him/her as well as the content. I would not be surprised for more troubles with Steam to continue...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavi13 and M-MBand

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
The fact that they won't let Lockheart modify and resubmit the game suggests that Steam is targeting him/her as well as the content. I would not be surprised for more troubles with Steam to continue...
Not impossible, but unlikely; from what I understand Valve is changing the rules so often that even Steam employee's don't know what is allowed or not, and they are doing the "end of story, no appeal" thing to prevent a massive workload increase.
Valve is also still trying to figure out how to strike the right balance on the global market, without having to actually take a stand regarding the content.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Not impossible, but unlikely; from what I understand Valve is changing the rules so often that even Steam employee's don't know what is allowed or not, and they are doing the "end of story, no appeal" thing to prevent a massive workload increase.
Valve is also still trying to figure out how to strike the right balance on the global market, without having to actually take a stand regarding the content.
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: Tavi13

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
I really don't know what's involved in setting up a site to promote and fund this type of product, but I think you guys are on the right track. I would approach it from a different angle though, instead of Lockheart setting up a site for just his own games a group of Dev's should set one up jointly. I'd hate to miss out on what happens in next episode with Bliss and the continuation of this story, not to mention quality content from this Developer.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.
Np~
There was an article from PC gamer a few months ago about the issues they are having. Apparently one of the bigger independant companies (I forget who) was taking them to court for refusing to ship their new release, despite the release not actually having any sexual content.
The article got into the details about how often Valve was changing their "guidelines", and how no one had any idea at all what was acceptable and what wasn't.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Saw someone post recordings from this game a couple of days ago, and after two brief sessions had to find it. Downloaded late last night and have already played to the end of Chapter 4 - may finish before I go to bed. Very fun game; very good graphics and dialogue - only noticed three or four typos which is insanely good. I tried to do my namings without going full ncst mode, but the dialogue just doesn't work right unless you give into that mindset for the game. She calls MC "Poppy" and, and she's his "little girl". Later in the "fantasy role play" MC is called "My Gardener" and Petal is "My Flower" - just like these thematic names better than the suggested names. After doing those names, it struck me that "Poppy" also fits the same theme - I was just looking for something less on the nose than "daddy" - that just creeps me out a bit.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes