VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
Well, the idea of only seeing MC's perspective in these these types of games is that you (the player) know NTR going to happen, and you're looking for clues of when and exactly what is happening, and how far along it has gone. It's kind of a mystery and tease. Obviously it's less satisfying if the game uses predictable tropes like the GF very obviously getting fucked hard on the other end of the call and MC being too dense to notice.
I think I understand now. Still doesn't work for me, as I would make very different choices from Harry. I guess the problem I have is the illusion of control. I self insert. I'm still along for the ride as Harry, and no matter how oblivious or clued in Harry is, his gf is still getting raped on the other side of the wall... for a long time. Even if the other endings have the revenge aspect I would want, at this point the endings split way too late for me to be happy with any of them.

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
Not sure if the Developer will respond here but will there be a relatively good ending for Harry? I honestly love this game and the edge of but it would be nice to have one. Just wondering...
The hero ending will be a good ending. It is Laura's route, supporting her and avoiding Aya - the same like the route we play now, but in the end understand Laura, so she probably will not fall to Luca, or at least will not fall so deep.
In Aya's route probably will be a good ending variation too, but in another way - losing Laura, but having Aya instead.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
i think the good ending will be after the choice of harry if he understand laura or not, it will probably affect laura for the better and she will start winning against luca and somehow the vote for app will turn differently.
on the next ending i think it will be the cuck ending like in his previous game the egde of, where harry will find out little by little subconsciously and it be much less abrupt realistion

Jul 27, 2018
losing Laura, but having Aya instead.
Dude. Take care with expectations. Just go to the front page and look to the banner.

Sooo, the new update has been leaked. King B, another developer on this site (that got ntred too as his game has been leaked IN THE SAME DAY as this one) said something regarding the leaks, for anyone who cares (or try to understand how the dev might feel):
Yeah, I was expecting that. Atleast the good fans respected the release schedule at the start of the development and let it grow. Now I understand why many new games get abandoned early. Because even as a relatively popular game, I noticed a dip in the growth after the early leaks started. I don't mind much about the leaks and carry on because I enjoy making the game and love fan's reactions. But once the growth goes negative and the income isn't worth the time and effort I put in, I also might have to consider halting this project. It's a sad reality.

So far, I don't have much to complain about. The supporters and the fans here have been mostly amazing.

Hmong-sama

Jan 3, 2019
Haven't played this game for nearly a year. It's close to completion huh? Just skimming the last few thread pages right now and seeing what's up.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I think that may be the key thing I'm missing. I generally tend to self insert in any game, and that REALLY didn't work for me here.

The outstanding question for me then is why tell the story from Harry's perspective?
That's the extra sauce lol. Male MC's POV is fleshing out the victim so that the female MC getting corrupted and betraying him is more fucked up. If you don't self insert, MC is just another vehicle in a story.

This is just my theory, but I think the vast majority of NTR fans likely started from hentai manga/doujins. It would be unnatural to self insert into comics, so trying to self insert as the cuck would only really happen if they are leaning that way IRL or at least have fantasies of being NTRed for real. For the average hentai reader, NTR is basically just a more fucked up corruption plot.

bai_pyrvan

Feb 5, 2018
Dude. Take care with expectations. Just go to the front page and look to the banner.
I have read the developer's replies regarding the good routes, so I have reasons to expect something, based on information. I think you better take care making some final conclusions because of a banner.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I have read the developer's replies regarding the good routes, so I have reasons to expect something, based on information. I think you better take care making some final conclusions because of a banner.
Lol.

Honestly, I think that guy is a troll. I've seen him come in here once or twice before going on about how there won't be a good ending for Harry, despite the fact that the developer himself said that there will be one. The real question is what form that ending will take.

Reactions: bai_pyrvan

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
To sell something you first need to own it and you only really own things that you can protect.

I suggest migrating the game to online only on site that syncs with patreon. It should be easy enough as its just VN after all. That or new patron rewards are needed that can't be devalued by leaks. The whole get game earlier is not gonna work anymore and the patron base will start to decline. Yes it means giving up creative control of the game most probably, it is what it is.

Also people shouldn't be surprised why projects turn to milking the audience by delaying the patches and reducing the content with each patch. If you are honest dev and your request gets pissed on anyway, why would you bother?

Reactions: cleanfeel

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Why should i bother to read a page from last year? The game is 0.5, so it had at least 4 major updates since then and could have changed everything written on page one...thats why i prefer the search, it just found to many conflicting answers, half said yes, half said no...so i just wanted a clear answer...i didnt knew i had to defend a simple question against some elite f95 veteran with a 5 days old account...
...i think we need tos ee some of those half that were yes because i find it hard to believe there is even a quarter here answering yes to that question even as a form of trolling or sarcasm, and those are the only ways i remember people even saying its avoidable.

But to answer your question more seriously just in case you are not trolling: it probably can be "avoided" in some of the very bad endings where everyone will proably lose, think Triangle Blue where MC find sout and snaps and kills everyone and then himself

Reactions: jaden000

gazlene

Dec 24, 2018
is the other girl, Aya I think her name was, ever going to get any scenes?
yeah. iirc the developer is doing all the laura paths first, then the Aya paths though i don't know if there's a fused path with both girls ntr or vanilla harem, and then any side stuff that may come up like the mom or childhood friend that hasn't featured much yet.
So it'll be a while. There's still 2 or 3 laura paths that need to finish before the Aya paths start getting worked on.

Reactions: Raurosfalls

Raurosfalls

Dec 9, 2018
yeah. iirc the developer is doing all the laura paths first, then the Aya paths though i don't know if there's a fused path with both girls ntr or vanilla harem, and then any side stuff that may come up like the mom or childhood friend that hasn't featured much yet.
So it'll be a while. There's still 2 or 3 laura paths that need to finish before the Aya paths start getting worked on.
thanks! good to know

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Given that this is a hard NTR game and that the front title pic shows Luca fondling Aya's tits as well... I'm willing to bet it's the former. Just a suspicion ;)
I mean, isn't aya the one already fucking luca throughout the whole game when it wasn't Laura? That was my understanding and he failed to capture her then... It honestly would be more interesting to actually see a path where the roles were reversed, where Laura thinks the bullshit she is thinking just to in the end be broken by the realization all the stupidity of her actions costs her harry.

beoroa21123

Sep 25, 2019
On Patreon:
Because the way I handle animations has changed since V0.4.0, old sex scenes still use two-frame animations. With this goal, I could slowly (one sex scene per update) shift old sex scenes to the new animation style.
In my opinion HC should stick with his statement and do only 1 new animation per update, the rest should be two-frame animation.

Why?

Because HC 2 frame animation is still satisfying and have much more "expression" and "scenes transition" than the new video style animation and I don't think making 2 frame animation downgrade the game at all

Plaisanterie

Dec 16, 2017
I mean, isn't aya the one already fucking luca throughout the whole game when it wasn't Laura? That was my understanding and he failed to capture her then... It honestly would be more interesting to actually see a path where the roles were reversed, where Laura thinks the bullshit she is thinking just to in the end be broken by the realization all the stupidity of her actions costs her harry.
Pretty sure it was implied that it was Harry’s previous girlfriend that Luca stole from him.

Although it would be cool if, depending on the choices / route, it could in fact be Aya.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes