VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

dean_athallah

Dec 18, 2019
I have seen the routes, thank you very much. When you read a book or watch a TV show with several protagonists, do you follow their adventures one by one? No, because that would be pretty damn boring. And that's what's happening right now.

I don't care what you say. That's my honest opinion, and I really had high hopes for this game at the beginning.

My game has nothing to do with that. I gave up on it long ago, and if I had enjoyed A Promise Best Left Unkept, I would have given it 5 stars without hesitation, and with pleasure.

It's amazing how much fanboys can't stand it if you criticize something they like.
Well this is a vn where choices leads to an ending and the stories have some kind of tree structure to it. There's nothing wrong with developing it depth first rather than breadth first which might not be applicable to the release schedule.

Wait deadass what happened? I never heard of it. That’s next level petty and scum
Yeah indeed, some f95 mod had to get involved solving it because the other fanbase started writing revenge reviews as well. Well I can say that the creator of fleeting iris / heaven studios is likely an assh*le for starting it, maybe he did not like his patreon number dwindling while the other rises.

Reactions: jaden000

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
Geez, other game developer are just mad that HC made better games than them. Look at sedid reviews lol, didnt even care to look at ongoing plan and routes.

I knew several game devs that purposedly rate 1-3 stars & ask their 'minions' to bring down the rating of other games (case of aura-dev vs heaven studios), shame on you!
What in the hell are you talking about?

Initially i read only the first sentence, and i was: "Oh yeah, sometimes there are some dumb reviews with 1 or 5 stars just to boost/ruin rating, from new accounts with just couple posts", then i read the second sentence and now i am: "WTF is this guy smoking?"

All i know is Zellemate once left a HONEST review about Star Knightess Aura, speaking about the game at that time ( that had almost no CGs, so that happened MONTHS ago) after i told him that game had a very interesting corruption mechanic, but it was very early in developement. That said, iirc he got a huge uproar for leaving that kind of review, because when you have such a role, you can no longer have a personal opinion, apparently. I also wanna point out that Zellemate isn't a developer, he picked up the role of community manager to report people questions to the actual devs. He's part of the team, but he doesn't actually work on the game.

I'm also glad Sedid gave you an answer about his thoughts. I also think the game is getting worse ( ofc as my standards/likings), since the highest peak imho was the whole "rules" system. If you take that out of the equation, the quality imho drops. And that's just for the writing. I'll for sure not leave any kind of review, i really don't care at this point, i don't trust that system at all. I've considered couple times to help the project, but if you're part of that community, i think i'll hardly pass.

Yeah indeed, some f95 mod had to get involved solving it because the other fanbase started writing revenge reviews as well. Well I can say that the creator of fleeting iris / heaven studios is likely an assh*le for starting it, maybe he did not like his patreon number dwindling while the other rises.
May i gently ask you to speak about facts/question you actually know, instead of spreading false shit? That should be the base for a good education. You're pretty wrong about Patreon numbers as well ( at least about Heaven Studios numbers, since they are the only ones i actually check).

Last edited:

Shatteredstar

Sep 21, 2018
Thanks for your suggestion but i need the games to be playable offline, so the hook stuff is not usable.

Regarding your wall of text i will keep it short.

I know, the fundamental aspect of Atelier games is they assume one inserts oneself into MC(male) or at least is interested in the MC struggle.. This is not for me, i don't care about MC at all. I will feel bad if he is suffering too much as per aspect of empathy but per approach he is useful idiot.

You touch on the subject of scenes lacking realism, that MC should realize she is having sex. Let me quote myself from older post :

"Realism is needed to develop the story, characters, to make their feelings relatable, their troubles easily understood.

Realism is NOT needed in sex scenes. In ntr the scenes need to be possible rather than probable."

Harry's doesn't realize she is cheating because he is afraid of being betrayed.. He is afraid to the point that he denies such possibility. Not only he will grasp on any excuse but also will avoid situation that could show him truth. This happens to people with trauma. You may notice that to a point Harry is/can be suspicious of Laura, but then he has the moment of recalling his past, opening the closet he locked and after that point he never considers Laura could be cheating ever again.

So i very much disagree that normal 2 (you refer it as family) is poorly written. It is excellent as far as I'm concerned. That doesn't mean that some things couldn't be improved (mug), but I'm not looking for things that you are looking for.

I like the beginning of the game because the conflict is both 'possible' and 'probable.' I like the later part less as we drop 'probable' and somewhat the conflict, then we get whats happening ingame 6.0 update, dang mug. The beginning is just better, no crutches needed. I know I've made that clear, too clear if you ask me, but I wanted to throw an example from this game;

That mug is a source of issues. How is it that Laura can drink about a pint of semen out of that mug, but has had nearly no experience in that field prior to Luca? She downed semen like she has a sexual history that looks like a wartime casualty report. I'm not going to get into Harry 'drinking the truth' every morning anymore. In contrast to that mess, we have the point when Laura get's out of Harry's bed, puts mind into motion, then goes to Luca's for sex. It's a subtle, but wildly overt turn of events, nothing less than a profound moment in the story. I'm sure it's on a checklist, but I can't tell. It doesn't feel forced.

ffo478gah9.png
-This is the face of someone who's is inhaling oxygen, in a effort to maximize her sense of smell, to help engage the firing of neurons and compare this penis' semen to the last 65,000+. Almost tranquil...

Some plot points are good, genius hacker who could that be, but I think other routes will be better. The wide variety of choices is a great and sorely overlooked feature, much like the games in your top list. It's a shame about that internet connection. I think I understand where you're coming from better now. Thanks.

Edit: added veteran image, grammar

Last edited:

dean_athallah

Dec 18, 2019
What in the hell are you talking about?

Initially i read only the first sentence, and i was: "Oh yeah, sometimes there are some dumb reviews with 1 or 5 stars just to boost/ruin rating, from new accounts with just couple posts", then i read the second sentence and now i am: "WTF is this guy smoking?"

All i know is Zellemate once left a HONEST review about Star Knightess Aura, speaking about the game at that time ( that had almost no CGs, so that happened MONTHS ago) after i told him that game had a very interesting corruption mechanic, but it was very early in developement. That said, iirc he got a huge uproar for leaving that kind of review, because when you have such a role, you can no longer have a personal opinion, apparently. I also wanna point out that Zellemate isn't a developer, he picked up the role of community manager to report people questions to the actual devs. He's part of the team, but he doesn't actually work on the game.

I'm also glad Sedid gave you an answer about his thoughts. I also think the game is getting worse ( ofc as my standards/likings), since the highest peak imho was the whole "rules" system. If you take that out of the equation, the quality imho drops. And that's just for the writing. I'll for sure not leave any kind of review, i really don't care at this point, i don't trust that system at all. I've considered couple times to help the project, but if you're part of that community, i think i'll hardly pass.

May i gently ask you to speak about facts/question you actually know, instead of spreading false shit? That should be the base for a good education. You're pretty wrong about Patreon numbers as well ( at least about Heaven Studios numbers, since they are the only ones i actually check).
Who is spreading false news here? Do take a look, the reviews left by zellemate isnt even there anymore, you cant delete it unless it's deleted by a mod. Oh and it's also not an honest review because the game already had a cg back then, take a look at the gitgud repo, everything is opensourced for that game, so you can do `git log`.

Geez one of the minions is angry here. Proceeds to talk about me spreading fake news but nothing is data driven from his point.

> not to his liking
> Fake news!

Last edited:

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Who is spreading false news here? Do take a look, the reviews left by zellemate isnt even there anymore, you cant delete it unless it's deleted by a mod. Oh and it's also not an honest review because the game already had a cg back then, take a look at the gitgud repo, everything is opensourced for that game, so you can do `git log`.

Geez one of the minions is angry here.
Should we try to stay on topic and talk about A promise best left unkept in here ? :p

Reactions: tseug and Latex224

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Oh look another low score review from fanboy of another NTR game, this one thinks he is smart and hides his profile.
" The story is a generic NTR game. It's shallow and not very interesting. "
" Your choices are not that impactful. "
" game is not really making a lot of progress "
Meanwhile you can find his 5/5 review on Girlfriend Tapes :KEK:.

jaden000

May 30, 2020
Oh look another low score review from fanboy of another NTR game, this one thinks he is smart and hides his profile.
LMAOOO the irony is insane

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Nothing that we can prove but yea the last reviews lack merit or are just misinformed.
"Yeah, I get that's what unavoidable in unavoidable NTR stands for. Well, I don't like unavoidable things in games. "
Sure great, maybe don't review games you don't like on principle ?
" So, I cannot say I have some shapely certain complaints about this game ... you'd rather play from the side of that criminal antagonist " You either don't know and you don't review, or you know it is not the type of NTR you are looking for and you don't review either.
"On the cover, we see two chicks and a guy... Well, after 11 versions, this is still not the case " This one takes the cake, he knows how many versions it was but doesn't know the game is barely 11 months in development or what is the content plan. Wanna go and nuke review every game that is not done after one year?

The resizing may be the problem but game certainly plays fine on 1080. No idea if the dev is already aware of the issue, but i would imagine he would need some kind of information on your spec/system to pin it down.
Not sure what specs you need exactly. I'll provide them if I know what to provide. I am working off of a fairly old graphics card (AMD Radeon R7 370 series), but nothing about my system has changed over the course of this games developement. Certainly not in the last couple months. Thus why I figured it was a bug in an update.

Like I said, I'll provide any specs if it helps, but more than likely if it persists I'll just wait till it is completed and do whatever work around is suggested. I certainly don't want to be resizing pictures every update.

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
You may try to report very suspect reviews ( freshly made accounts/with very few posts), if you think it'll be usefull. Couple times it worked for me ;)

That said, you have to consider that 99% of people here don't really understand how many effords ( and time spent) there are behind a game, so i suggest you to keep your expectations low. Sometimes you just need to let things go, some discussions are just not worth. I found out that words of mouth are the best way to promote a game you like. Just keep recommanding it to your friends or whoever asks for advice.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
GUIDE please :v
There is a guide in the game already. it shows you how to get each ending in one of those main menu options. I think it's extras, can't quite recall and I've already deleted the current update for space.

M.Voigt

Jul 25, 2018
Hi,

I can't pass the part after the voting, it goes to an ending, is this the end of this update?
In the gallery I see that there's more scenes, but I can't get them.

I tried several choices in 4 different playthroughs but got the same result in all of them, always stops at that point of the game.

Aug 30, 2022
Hi,

I can't pass the part after the voting, it goes to an ending, is this the end of this update?
In the gallery I see that there's more scenes, but I can't get them.

I tried several choices in 4 different playthroughs but got the same result in all of them, always stops at that point of the game.
For now there is only one ending with two variants that has been finished (as for 6.0). A guide for them is located in game's extras menu. Other endings are yet to be finished.

Reactions: M.Voigt

M.Voigt

Jul 25, 2018
For now there is only one ending with two variants that has been finished (as for 6.0). A guide for them is located in game's extras menu. Other endings are yet to be finished.
Thank you for the feedback.
I saw the endings list before, but I thought that if I choose some other options maybe I would get an alternate path that didn't end up to an ending.
What about all the other scenes from the gallery, how can we get them? Or they are not implemented in the game yet?

Aug 30, 2022
Thank you for the feedback.
I saw the endings list before, but I thought that if I choose some other options maybe I would get an alternate path that didn't end up to an ending.
What about all the other scenes from the gallery, how can we get them? Or they are not implemented in the game yet?
All scenes listed in the gallery are implemented. Did you play with all POVs? Did you play "as intended"? Because if you do, you'll get all Laura scenes. As for Aya, well, I don't know. I do know however that there are no lewd scenes with her.

Reactions: M.Voigt
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes