VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

quanbe

Apr 8, 2019
Please give me the ending...where we can kill Laura and that bully ...this VN make me so angry...lol
I hope when the author finish the main game we can have a bonus after story revenge route I like NTR games where peoples actions have consequences ( for the best or the worst) I always remeber the killing/suicide ending in triangle blue

Reactions: Sly_Dog

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I'm just wondering what will be the concept of the good and hero routes
We can only guess. However, HC posted a list of all the endings and their requirements on his Patreon a while back, so we can use those to make our guesses more accurate.

We already know about the Normal branch, so I'll skip it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My guess:
The Normal ending required you to play Harry as a trusting boyfriend (or 'oblivious cuck' depending on your preference) who fails to see Laura for who she truly is. In the Abrupt ending, Harry still has Laura up on a pedestal but he is not as trusting/oblivious. My guess is that, shortly after the meeting where the vote is held, Harry will start to put two and two together. I'm guessing that the final scene of the next update will be Harry catching Laura and Luca in the act, though HC might prove me wrong.

My guess:
For the good ending, not only is Harry more suspicious of the things going on around him, but he also has a more realistic view of Laura as a person. One might be tempted to assume that this means the 'good' ending will involve the two of them overcoming Luca in some way before riding off into the sunset to live happily ever after, but I don't think that will be the case. This may be my personal bias speaking, but I really don't think Laura can be redeemed. She was flawed long before Luca showed up and 'rescuing' her from him won't make those flaws go away.

In my opinion, the real good ending is going to involve Maya, Harry's childhood friend, whom HC said will be playing a role in this ending. I just don't know how HC is planning to introduce her to the story. Will Luca bring her in somehow? Will Harry contact her himself after finding out about Laura cheating on him? Or, maybe she has been there all this time. I don't believe we ever learned the identity of the woman Luca was fucking while Luara and Harry were in bed listening at the beginning of the story, so there's a possibility that it was her.

Who knows, though?

My guess:

The Hero ending is different in that, while Harry is still very trusting, he doesn't put Laura on a pedestal. This means that, in this version of the story, Harry is the ideal boyfriend; the exact kind of person Laura would need to help her escape her self-inflicted downward spiral. However, since there is only going to be one good ending in this story, this means that the Hero ending is going to be the heaviest in terms of NTR. I believe HC has already confirmed that this ending will be the longest.

I am unsure of how this one is going to play out. As the name suggests ('Hero'), this ending may involve Harry trying to save Laura from something. But the question is, from what?

Is he going to find out about Luca's blackmail and devise a plan to help her? Or, is he going to remain unaware of that relationship and simply try to save Laura from the darker parts of herself that he is now more aware of? Either could be true, but the fact that Laura's mother is going to play a role in this story makes me lean more toward the latter because I could see him going to her for advice.

I believe HC plans to start the Hero route after the Abrupt ending, so we will find out soon enough.

My guess:

Honestly, this one throws me for a loop. I had forgotten the requirements for Aya's route, so all this time I was under the impression that her story would cause the events of the game to change drastically. However, it appears that the vote for Luca's proposal still happens in this route. This just fills my mind with questions.

Presumably, Aya's route will start when Harry returns her kiss while they are all on the business trip together. This means that Laura will be in the closet watching her boyfriend, the man she is sacrificing herself for, betray her for another woman. However, if events remain unchanged until they Luca's proposal, does that mean Laura will continue to be blackmailed for the entire story while Harry slowly falls in love with Aya behind her back?

Or maybe Luca notices Harry's interest in Aya, loses interest in Laura as a result, and sets his sights on Aya instead.

But this all really hinges on how HC is going to make Harry switch from Laura to Aya. NTR hits hardest when the MC doesn't really deserve to be cucked. Having Harry cheat on Laura, while she's protecting him no less, would immediately make him unsympathetic from the reader's perspective. Although I find Aya's character to be the most interesting (she's the hacker, I'm telling you.:LOL:), I'm not really looking forward to this route because I feel like it's going to ruin Harry's character and make the NTR weak as a result.

But those are all just guesses. :)

I hope when the author finish the main game we can have a bonus after story revenge route I like NTR games where peoples actions have consequences ( for the best or the worst) I always remeber the killing/suicide ending in triangle blue
Same. But a lot of NTR fans are as bad as vanillacucks. In the same way that vanillacucks lose their shit at the mere hint of NTR, some people here get all bent out of shape at the mere suggestion of one happy ending for the sake of catharsis.

DCMAN

Oct 22, 2017

My guess:

Honestly, this one throws me for a loop. I had forgotten the requirements for Aya's route, so all this time I was under the impression that her story would cause the events of the game to change drastically. However, it appears that the vote for Luca's proposal still happens in this route. This just fills my mind with questions.

Presumably, Aya's route will start when Harry returns her kiss while they are all on the business trip together. This means that Laura will be in the closet watching her boyfriend, the man she is sacrificing herself for, betray her for another woman. However, if events remain unchanged until they Luca's proposal, does that mean Laura will continue to be blackmailed for the entire story while Harry slowly falls in love with Aya behind her back?

Or maybe Luca notices Harry's interest in Aya, loses interest in Laura as a result, and sets his sights on Aya instead.

But this all really hinges on how HC is going to make Harry switch from Laura to Aya. NTR hits hardest when the MC doesn't really deserve to be cucked. Having Harry cheat on Laura, while she's protecting him no less, would immediately make him unsympathetic from the reader's perspective. Although I find Aya's character to be the most interesting (she's the hacker, I'm telling you.:LOL:), I'm not really looking forward to this route because I feel like it's going to ruin Harry's character and make the NTR weak as a result.

Same. But a lot of NTR fans are as bad as vanillacucks. In the same way that vanillacucks lose their shit at the mere hint of NTR, some people here get all bent out of shape at the mere suggestion of one happy ending for the sake of catharsis.
I think NTR is better if you give the chance to avoid it, since a tragedy is more impactful upon the realization that you had a choice to avoid it but nonetheless picked the wrong one. Even a choice that results in a black screen with the message "I decided to leave and never look back. To hell with everything." is way better than a story without player agency.

Regarding your guess on Aya's Route.

Perhaps all the choices made to side with Aya would be mentioned in each encounter between Luca and Laura.
On each conversation, Laura would insist Harry wouldn't betray her but she snaps in the scene where Harry goes after her during the vote.
From that scene onward Luca would go after Aya, releasing Laura to do whatever she wants as long as she doesn't say a word.
Laura would accompany and distract Harry in those situations, convincing herself that she only wants to take back Harry from Aya.
Eventually Laura would realize she was helping Luca out of interest to teach Aya a lesson, making her suffer the same hell as she did, rather than a genuine interest to return with Harry. Her interest in revenge would shift from Aya to Harry, becoming Luca's accomplice in Harry's suffering in a similar way as the normal ending but with Aya's involvement.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Some, majority voted in favor of good ending. HC disclaimed that it won't be anything major like revenge or redemption but that is simply because how he envisions the story and characters. It has likely nothing to do with what people want - like he also said that he doesn't see story where Laura would have multiple partners and that is something i think many would like to see.

I think NTR is better if you give the chance to avoid it, since a tragedy is more impactful upon the realization that you had a choice to avoid it but nonetheless picked the wrong one. Even a choice that results in a black screen with the message "I decided to leave and never look back. To hell with everything." is way better than a story without player agency.
As player/reader you always have the option of saying "ok here i would go the other way and start a new" and closing the game/book.

Player agency eh? in situations like this where the agency is expressed in form of impactful choices it will always be very limited. Author needs to focus on the choices that are most desired by his audience and i believe the assumption here is that people want that _unavoidable_ NTR. That is the starting point of story, the before is a prelude, introduction to characters in order to make their relationship believable.

Reactions: jaden000

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Soon, spoilers!! Bring them, also how "short" is this path, ending? and where exactly differs, as in if you have skip read test only where does it stop because of new text (and more than a few lines like in all choices i mean)

Reactions: sadfsdva and aqq88

XDD258

Sep 28, 2019
Soon, spoilers!! Bring them, also how "short" is this path, ending? and where exactly differs, as in if you have skip read test only where does it stop because of new text (and more than a few lines like in all choices i mean)

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018

This update will be absolutely glorious if he uses that on somebody else, but kinda disappointing if he ends up using it on himself.

However, the crazy look on his face, the out of place laughter, and the fact that we know he has the capacity to lash out when faced with the truth all give me hope that someone else is going to end up on the receiving end of that blade.

Fingers crossed. :LOL:

But, what I'm really curious about is...does this scene take place while he's listening to them fuck next door? Is that what causes him to snap? Oh boy...

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomLeviathan

quanbe

Apr 8, 2019
This update will be absolutely glorious if he uses that on somebody else, but kinda disappointing if he ends up using it on himself.

However, the crazy look on his face, the out of place laughter, and the fact that we know he has the capacity to lash out when faced with the truth all give me hope that someone else is going to end up on the receiving end of that blade.

Fingers crossed. :LOL:

But, what I'm really curious about is...does this scene take place while he's listening to them fuck next door? Is that what causes him to snap? Oh boy...
if it's end with him
I will consider it to be a good ending lmao

Sep 16, 2022

Looks like Harry abruptly discovered his passion for cooking, that is so wholesome, look how happy he is, now we know why this ending is called that way!

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I had the same thought, and I really can't fault HC if that's the path he chooses to take with this ending. But after the way Luca made him into a turbo-cuck in the normal ending, I'm rooting for Harry here.

And come on, let's be honest. Wouldn't it be satisfying to see some genuine fear and terror on Luca's smug face for once?

I'm not sure what I want to happen to Laura, though. She's not fully broken at this point in the story, but I do remember her slapping Harry hard enough to make him bleed in the normal route after they held the vote. I'll wait and see how she conducts herself in this route before I pass judgement on her. :p

Reactions: RandomLeviathan

BluexRexy

Jul 17, 2022
I had the same thought, and I really can't fault HC if that's the path he chooses to take with this ending. But after the way Luca made him into a turbo-cuck in the normal ending, I'm rooting for Harry here.

And come on, let's be honest. Wouldn't it be satisfying to see some genuine fear and terror on Luca's smug face for once?

I'm not sure what I want to happen to Laura, though. She's not fully broken at this point in the story, but I do remember her slapping Harry hard enough to make him bleed in the normal route after they held the vote. I'll wait and see how she conducts herself in this route before I pass judgement on her. :p
Bro why did she slap him i forgot

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Bro why did she slap him i forgot
She slaps because, during the argument they have after the vote, Harry admits that he lied when he said he understood her. (Well, it wasn't actually a full on malicious lie. He just didn't really understand what she was asking.)

Anyway, after that she tries to storm out of the room. Harry tries to stop her and that's when she slaps him pretty hard.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
She slaps because, during the argument they have after the vote, Harry admits that he lied when he said he understood her. (Well, it wasn't actually a full on malicious lie. He just didn't really understand what she was asking.)

Anyway, after that she tries to storm out of the room. Harry tries to stop her and that's when she slaps him pretty hard.
Wich is really unfair since ntr or not who understand women? xD

BluexRexy

Jul 17, 2022

now I remember thx

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Looks like the Abrupt Ending is the suicide ending. At least it isn't the total defeat cum-swallowing ending. Must be saving that level of despair for the Aya ending.

• Angry
Reactions: mzer0

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Looks like the Abrupt Ending is the suicide ending. At least it isn't the total defeat cum-swallowing ending. Must be saving that level of despair for the Aya ending.
Could also be for Hero and/or Good paths, remember those will have more than 1 ending like normal path so even with those names there should be bad endings xD

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes