VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

andybc

Oct 2, 2020
Yeah. And pie crust, sugar and cinnamon aren't made of apples. I think you failed to understand the analogy.
Yea you are replacing what could have been more apples with pie crust, cinnamon and sugar. I understand, it's a terrible analogy.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I gave in and damn this ending is something. Not my style of ending but we learn a lot about some characters past and my question got answered so i'm pleased. Now i'm really curious about the other ending . If it gonna be worse than... hmmm i think we still got one trope ending to cover.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once again, Idea #4 is losing... :mad::mad::mad:
Interesting, in my poll #4 was winning decisively, like twice as much % compared to second best 10 14 21 48 7

Last edited:
Reactions: jaden000

JoZEr

Apr 18, 2020
Yea you are replacing what could have been more apples with pie crust, cinnamon and sugar. I understand, it's a terrible analogy.
So you have three apples, right? You can eat three apples plain. You can also take those three apples and make a pie with it. And somehow in your mind, that would be eating fewer apples.

I mean are you seriously pissed that the NTR didn't start till a quarter of the way through the game? If we cut that part out, are you suddenly getting more NTR? Or did the introduction make the story and future NTR better?

andybc

Oct 2, 2020
So you have three apples, right? You can eat three apples plain. You can also take those three apples and make a pie with it. And somehow in your mind, that would be eating fewer apples.

I mean are you seriously pissed that the NTR didn't start till a quarter of the way through the game? If we cut that part out, are you suddenly getting more NTR? Or did the introduction make the story and future NTR better?
You missed point in my last comment when I was talking about endings. That's what people are asking to add, not the intro. You realize to make a normal ending he would take time away from making other endings. Not hard to understand. Are you seriously this mad over a terrible analogy? Okay it was a great analogy, let's move on.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
The notion that people are asking for less NTR is a misrepresentation of what is actually being asked for. What is being asked for his a complete narrative. One that once we hit the last word of the path we feel like there has been resolution to the story. You know what was great about the fanfic? When you were done with it there was a feeling of the ride went somewhere. The story didn't remove the NTR and things still weren't sunshine and rainbows throughout but gave the reader a feeling of completion upon finishing it. Honestly its a proof on concept that people want good content that leads to resolution. We aren't asking that APBLU removes NTR from an NTR story but that the story in itself makes the time invested into reading the 300k+ word story matter. We just want the full experience. Good, bad or neutral doesn't matter just make it that in the end we're not left asking where is the payoff?

Aug 16, 2018
The notion that people are asking for less NTR is a misrepresentation of what is actually being asked for. What is being asked for his a complete narrative. One that once we hit the last word of the path we feel like there has been resolution to the story.
It's like another layer of 'NTR' - not letting any of the routes have a resolution.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
I gave in and damn this ending is something. Not style of ending but we learn a lot about some characters past and my question got answered so i'm pleased. Now i'm really curious about the other ending . If it gonna be worse than... hmmm i think we still got one trope ending to cover.

Interesting, in my poll #4 was winning decisively, like twice as much % compared to second best 10 14 21 48 7
Wich question? Not the answer but i am curious, yours are among the comments i always read here but i can't remember what question was that xD

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
This is a love letter to all of those who are asking for less NTR content in my game. You made me realize something. So I hope this announcement can bring you the peace that you need. From today forward I will…… change nothing.

Thank you.

I don't sign autographs, by the way.
Dude, if this is your response to what folks like me and rhcp725 have been discussing with you then this is in bad faith. Don't ask for constructive criticism and then call it pressuring. The 3 things that you got feedback on were
1. Story structure
2. Choices do not matter because every ending and path follows the same pattern
3. The endings have no proper resolution

Hell there are reviews here on F95 that touch on at least one of these things listed above.

it's not about less NTR. The problem is you're so hyper-focused on dialing up the torture on Harry to 11 that you dig your heels in and cover your ears if you feel something is going to put that in jeopardy. Just because not everyone squeals like fangirls and agrees with every single thing you do (e.g. "Yes HC, I support everything you do 100%. There are no flaws whatsoever with your work") does not mean that they're "anti-ntr" or "haters" or "pressuring you". Like I said on discord, if you don't want any kind of feedback that's not 100% in agreement with you then fine, no more constructive criticism. Just don't misrepresent it as "asking for less ntr".

p.s. before anyone says anything, I'm not some rando on F95. I'm actually subbed to his highest patreon tier and I have been for months so I have a right to leave critical feedback.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Full POV. And also ... this is small spoiler but nonetheless
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good to know, also that actually make sthe game even better since some thing sHarry is just not mean to know or can't find out realistically (or if they involve Lucas he may not even care to find out), simply put that just means playing mistery first has more extra value.

Reactions: Terix3

woomb

Jun 13, 2020
p.s. before anyone says anything, I'm not some rando on F95. I'm actually subbed to his highest patreon tier and I have been for months so I have a right to leave critical feedback.
If true, I suggest posting this on the patreon posts vs here.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
If true, I suggest posting this on the patreon posts vs here.
I have left feedback on the official discord server since he is most active there. There is nothing I have said on F95 that I haven't said there. I'm just responding to his "open letter" because if he is indeed talking about people like me and rhcp725 who are both patrons then it's a major dick move. If he isn't talking about us then he can just ignore my message and carry on with his day.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
I have left feedback on the official discord server since he is most active there. There is nothing I have said on F95 that I haven't said there. I'm just responding to his "open letter" because if he is indeed talking about people like me and rhcp725 who are both patrons then it's a major dick move. If he isn't talking about us then he can just ignore my message and carry on with his day.
I have read a few of your comments, and with the exception of 1 or 2 times when both sides get a little too into it i think HC wasn't talking about you, hell HC probably referred to people who PM them rather than any discussion here.

Like i may not agree with some points but then again i am happy with the game and at least you can articulate your points, i remember more than few people that nearly devolved into 4chan levels of "debate"

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
I wasn't talking about what we talked about, no. And nothing of what I said on Discord was a lie. My priority is, and always will be NTR. I think I made this fairly clear to everyone. That doesn't mean I'm not thinking carefully about what you guys said to me. If I can come up with a better way to implement NTR in my story—this is my main goal—then perfect. But right now, I just don't see it. Those kinds of things need to be thought through carefully.

The statement was me being firm to those (on this forum) who think they can somehow manipulate me into writing what they want; this story is hard NTR, period. That doesn't mean there won't be bitter-sweet endings along the way. But expect more bitter than sweet.

Ultimately, the game is not finished yet. But for some, no matter what I do will ever be good enough. Which is why a firm statement is necessary.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I wasn't talking about what we talked about, no. And nothing of what I said on Discord was a lie. My priority is, and always will be NTR. I think I made this fairly clear to everyone. That doesn't mean I'm not thinking carefully about what you guys said to me. If I can come up with a better way to implement NTR in my story—this is my main goal—then perfect. But right now, I just don't see it. Those kinds of things need to be thought through carefully.

The statement was me being firm to those (on this forum) who think they can somehow manipulate me into writing what they want; this story is hard NTR, period. That doesn't mean there won't be bitter-sweet endings along the way. But expect more bitter than sweet.

Ultimately, the game is not finished yet. But for some, no matter what I do will ever be good enough. Which is why a firm statement is necessary.
Well, if you weren't referring to us then please disregard my previous comments. If there are people complaining about ntr just to complain about ntr in the VN then that's just silly.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
There are many of us that not only like hard ntr bit actually donate to the production of it. It's just we want the story that the NTR is greatly affecting to matter. That we get the full experience. One that grabs us from the beginning and keeps us up till it ends. More and more are becoming vocal because we have become attached to the characters, the story, the entire product not just the NTR aspect of it. We want the ntr, we just want the story too. Without the fallout what was the point of the NTR to begin with. Why the ntr happened, what is the consequences of it all matter. Where do the characters end up because of the NTR. All of these things matter. To just say it's strictly ntr for ntrs sake is failing the bigger picture. This isn't meant as an attack on APBLU or HC. It never was about thinking it was bad. Yes it's still a work in progress and it's unfair to criticize an unfinished project however it doesn't change the fact there is more missing then you choose to admit to and we want it. We're not crying for change to what the product is just more of a complete narrative with this avn. This is an adult visual NOVEL and with any good novel we want the basic concept of a beginning, middle and a true end. The who (cast Harry, Laura, Luca, Aya, ect..), what (the NTR) why (rationale of events transpiring) when (the events throughout the story) and how all matter. Each of those elements are vital and to focus solely on one and disregarding the importance of the others is frustrating to more of the customer base then you think. Yes there are definitely loyalists that are ok with it but so many others you are at risk of losing or are never going to get because it's lacking in the basic elements that shouldn't be ignored. Call me a hater, a non true NTR fan, someone who doesn't get the kink or understand it at all. All of those statements are false and i put my money where my mouth is by supporting the project in spite of the flaws. Shame on me for wanting more out of the story.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes