VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
I currently supporting 8 games on Patron, 6 of which are ntr games including APBLU. I am neither a pirate nor a vanilla only complainer. The two most vocal in this thread lately that are not accepting of status quo have been Sumatra 3D and myself. What do we have in common, oh yeah that's right we actually are his supporters. Now do those who want get on our cases about legitimate criticism of the project do the same. I seriously doubt it as you clamor for a hero requesting his work for free. And yet we're the problem. Cry more...

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Oh nice - it looks like option 4 (the one that came in 2nd the first time around) won the bonus scene option for Dec.

Glad I submitted it originally for consideration! :D
Thankfully, yes it looks like it did.

I'm happy about the way another poll related to that scene is going, too. HC wanted to know if he should have Laura wearing a mask (like the face-masks people wore during covid) to make the scene more believable.

Currently, the 'with mask' option of that poll is winning with 57% of the vote, and thank god for that. The scene would have been flat out stupid if Harry looked Laura directly in the face and still didn't recognize her.

Reactions: Animefan_09

kusobaba

May 23, 2018

I'm happy about the way another poll related to that scene is going, too. HC wanted to know if he should have Laura wearing a mask (like the face-masks people wore during covid) to make the scene more believable.

Currently, the 'with mask' option of that poll is winning with 57% of the vote, and thank god for that. The scene would have been flat out stupid if Harry looked Laura directly in the face and still didn't recognize her.
I don't mind either way. If no mask won, it's the kind of stupidity that I can tolerate because the eroticism weighs more than the logic.

Reactions: mynecro

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Hero! Hero! Hero! (lmao just wanna see some new content im broke)
Yeah, i am happy i only noticed the update some days ago lol, the best way to wait is to try to not pay attention to the date, anyway i think we only need like 3 or 4 more days until the last tier and then someone is likely to drop it here.

People who played it made this one sound really interesting and that it answer quite a few questions (like Sandra's past or about Luca)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: MasksDude

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017

Mask will somehow stop the scene from being stupid and make it believable? If anything she should be wearing black sunglasses but even then... there is no way one can believe that someone wouldn't recognize his wife. That is ok, the scenes don't need to be believable but let's not make false pretenses now and make the scene less exciting because of that. Unless people are into those masks... I'm not.

• Angry
Reactions: ktez and mzer0

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
...:confused:

This is what you said:
Mask will somehow stop the scene from being stupid and make it believable?
And this is what I said:

The scene would have been flat out stupid if Harry looked Laura directly in the face and still didn't recognize her.
Never said it would make the scene 'believable'. I just said the scene would have been stupid without it.

woomb

Jun 13, 2020
I will say that when I originally submitted the idea I imagined that it'd be funny if the disguise was was pretty close to how Laura used to look before her transformation (i.e. a blue/purple wig, glasses, etc) and Harry going "Oh, this can't be Laura, she's been blond for years now!"

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Never said it would make the scene 'believable'. I just said the scene would have been stupid without it.
HC wanted to know if he should have Laura wearing a mask ... to make the scene more believable.
The scene would have been flat out stupid if Harry looked Laura directly in the face and still didn't recognize her.
The way i read it stupid was being used as opposite to believable.

But have it your way... the scene will still be stupid with mask. Face recognition comes mainly from eye area not lower face.

However how about approaching the challenge from another angle? Luca can introduce Harry to this new girl that applied and he just couldn't stop himself from hiring her because she looks just like Laura! She only has different eye color (contacts) and extra mole/ tattoo or something. Luca could tease Harry about having the girl dye the hair to make her even more like Laura. Meanwhile the "new" the girl has the same hair color as Laura used to have and Harry is very troubled by that but he can't say anything.

Last edited:

ktez

Feb 15, 2020

But have it your way... the scene will still be stupid with mask. Face recognition comes mainly from eye area not lower face.

However how about approaching the challenge from another angle? Luca can introduce Harry to this new girl that applied and he just couldn't stop himself from hiring her because she looks just like Laura! She only has different eye color (contacts) and extra mole/ tattoo or something. Luca could tease Harry about having the girl dye the hair to make her even more like Laura. Meanwhile the "new" the girl has the same hair color as Laura used to have and Harry is very troubled by that but he can't say anything.
That sounds better 10/10 idea

Reactions: subaru_dono

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017

I don't know, until i got used to it i sometiems didn't recognize people with Mask and viceversa during the pandemic, honestly if Laura changes her hair (again) weras glasses and maybe some heavy make up that also woud work.

I don't care if its realistic or not, i am very good at the suspencion of disbelief so long as the game give me an excuse, but sometimes reality is unrealistic.

Also 3 days? Well another good game updated the public version today, should be good to distract me until then xD (Turning the Page, most here already know the game probably)

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I don't know, until i got used to it i sometiems didn't recognize people with Mask and viceversa during the pandemic, honestly if Laura changes her hair (again) weras glasses and maybe some heavy make up that also woud work.

I don't care if its realistic or not, i am very good at the suspencion of disbelief so long as the game give me an excuse, but sometimes reality is unrealistic.

Also 3 days? Well another good game updated the public version today, should be good to distract me until then xD (Turning the Page, most here already know the game probably)
You wouldn't recognize family member because of a mask ? ...

Unless we wanna give Laura wig, black glasses, mask and have her never speak we better abandon the idea Harry not recognizing her, Harry endlessly believes in what she says but he is perceptive and absolutely would recognize her. I think it is better to go with the example i gave earlier. I would extend on it and Harry could try contacting Laura to ease his doubts - he could get either interrupted with timely mms from Laura showing herself and Trevor or call her and hear a prerecorded message (he wouldn't be aware it is prerecorded).

I just learned about Turning the Page, nice that they are back. They had timely releases, decent art and multi-pov approach so i'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: jojogeo and ktez
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes