VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
I guess when a game pushes a lot on bullying and thraumatizing the fiance/husband, it loses my interest as eroge. It actually read and played the first hero ending and the start of the second one, but they didn't arouse me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not gonna lie, the 3 CGs looks like made by 3 different artists ( Hero1-1: second astist; hero 1-2: third artist; hero 2-1: original one). I might be wrong but that's how it feels to me ( also i really like the first CG, while the second is a little worse than the third, but those are just personal tastes).

That said, good job and good luck for your project :cool:

basheree

Oct 2, 2021
I dropped the game when Laura dyed her hair and turned into a total slut, the first half of her corruption journey was enjoyable to watch but later on she sunk low quite fast and lost both her personality and her charming looks...The version I left her on was that of an unattractive bimbo.
Me too, I like dark corruption paths, a lot, BUT, I dont know... The new laura feels "so cheap" and different for me :(

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I guess this ... "discussion" that is happening here lately is a direct consequence of popularity the title has achieved. We just can't have nice things without someone trying to shit on it. Some do it because they need validation, others want the game caretake to what they want and some just want to piss off others.
IDC for your reason - give me better written NTR "game" (VN, RPG) with multiple povs. I don't read ntr novels sry.

Something I said back before you started this was that The bad guy Luca is just Reverse Flash written worse. Can you sit there and say that's good writing?
What is Reverse Flash ? the search here results nothing.

Last edited:

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
I guess this ... "discussion" that is happening here lately is a direct consequence of popularity the title has achieved. We just can't have nice things without someone trying to shit on it. Some do it because they need validation, others want the game caretake to what they want and some just want to piss off others.
IDC for your reason - give me better written NTR "game" (VN, RPGM) with multiple povs. I don't read ntr novels sry.

this dude from some retarded show

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The irony is where The Flash had an NTR episode where Barry went to the future and found out that Eobard used a magic book to bang his wife for a decade and he showed up just in time to object at the wedding lol. I think that the reverse flash reference was used just because of how inventive this particular villain is in finding new and inventive ways to break the space-time continuum and risk throwing himself and the entire universe into oblivion just to fuck with one guy who pissed him off one time even though said guy doesn't even remember doing it because he hasn't done it yet.

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
I'm too lazy to go back and find the quote. But, someone made a post talking about the dissonance of Laura's character in and out of the bedroom. And I didn't respond because they didn't say anything that hadn't been said already. They just said it slightly different way. But, it got me thinking about how I wish Laura hadn't agreed to the get another rule for making the other one cum meta rule. She should have known that orgasms can be a purely physiological response. And that given month Luca could figure her out. Not to mention his insane stamina. But, she knew she was going to fuck him the first time she laid eyes on him. She's always been broken. And that's exactly why Harry's attracted to her. Everything else is just window dressing bullshit.

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
Oh, you don't know how much i agree with you. Mostly people who wants a game made for their likings, coming on this forum just to throw shit around. But alas, it's a free world.

IDC for your reason - give me better written NTR "game" (VN, RPG) with multiple povs. I don't read ntr novels sry.
I don't usually read VNs, only a few, so maybe i'm not the right person to give you suggestions. I remember Swing and Miss hit quite the similar spots back in the days. I really don't remember how many PoW it has tho. It's also starts from Netorase iirc, so you may diskile it. If you really like writings in your eroge you should at least give a try to novels tho, VN and LN should be the best media for those tastes.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Ok so it was not an example but a hyperbole. Thanks.

Zastinx Luca is written in a way that serves the purpose of delivering ntr. He has position of power ( he is making the rules that other characters need to play by) , infinite stamina (so he can dominate through sex) and he has the goal of making MC life miserable. We are not shown other aspects of his character as the story is not about him. Now it is natural to be curious what made him that way and i believe we got satisfying explanation in this patch.

The irony is where The Flash had an NTR episode where Barry went to the future and found out that Eobard used a magic book to bang his wife for a decade and he showed up just in time to object at the wedding lol. I think that the reverse flash reference was used just because of how inventive this particular villain is in finding new and inventive ways to break the space-time continuum and risk throwing himself and the entire universe into oblivion just to fuck with one guy who pissed him off one time even though said guy doesn't even remember doing it because he hasn't done it yet.
That is like nothing uncommon. People do blame others for their own misery even when those people are not remotely responsible. History is a very testimony for that. If you mix in actual trauma then one can develop psychotic level of hate towards another simply because that person had it all while they had none.

Reactions: hp_surfer

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018

Not really

Last edited:

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
His
Not really what? That character you are referring to is nonsense in nonsense universe, i would say it's fitting. But i don't see the relevance to our story. I'm afraid you will need to write something more concrete if we are to discuss the way Luca is written.
Both of their whole existence is to make someone's life as miserable and to top it off it's pretty much just because they can. Now I need to point something out that some people can't wrap their head around. I think Luca is written poorly and that's it. I don't like Laura but that's got nothing to do with the writing quality. The whole stamina thing and such I have an issue with and such btw is it just also drags him closer to a generic ntr villain stereotype which I find disappointing.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
His

Both of their whole existence is to make someone's life as miserable and to top it off it's pretty much just because they can. Now I need to point something out that some people can't wrap their head around. I think Luca is written poorly and that's it. I don't like Laura but that's got nothing to do with the writing quality. The whole stamina thing and such I have an issue with and such btw is it just also drags him closer to a generic ntr villain stereotype which I find disappointing.
You might as well complain about superhero movie having superheroes in it. Your only argument about Luca poor writing is that he exists to make someone's life miserable. Sure he does but that is not a sign of bad writing, he doesn't do more because the story is not about him. Likewise the Reverse Flash is not poorly written because of being Flash nemesis but because how he does it - he does some crazy convoluted plots to have insignificant impact on Flash and any minor bad past events are attributed to his interference. Luca plays no petty tricks on Harry, his plan is rather simple and goal clear. He does things that do put his plan at unnecessary risks tho - like exposing himself before he has broken in Laura. Buuut NTR game needs NTR scenes.
I've said this few times already - NTR is a very restrictive, it greatly inhibits what you can write. The author could go wild and write without following those "ntr landmarks" but it wouldn't make ntr fans happy. I'm sure you have seen complains here already that the writing takes away from the ntr experience.

Reactions: hp_surfer

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
You might as well complain about superhero movie having superheroes in it. Your only argument about Luca poor writing is that he exists to make someone's life miserable. Sure he does but that is not a sign of bad writing, he doesn't do more because the story is not about him. Likewise the Reverse Flash is not poorly written because of being Flash nemesis but because how he does it - he does some crazy convoluted plots to have insignificant impact on Flash and any minor bad past events are attributed to his interference. Luca plays no petty tricks on Harry, his plan is rather simple and goal clear. He does things that do put his plan at unnecessary risks tho - like exposing himself before he has broken in Laura. Buuut NTR game needs NTR scenes.
I've said this few times already - NTR is a very restrictive, it greatly inhibits what you can write. The author could go wild and write without following those "ntr landmarks" but it wouldn't make ntr fans happy. I'm sure you have seen complains here already that the writing takes away from the ntr experience.
First thing no I completely disagree there. True that is my only argument because it's my only big problem with this. What's to argue here? The author should just give him a motive why not? It just fills up a problem with the story and doesn't need to be that long. I would have no complaints involving quality. Also he plays far too bigger role here to shrug off that it isn't about him.
So about what you said in the other part I'm guessing by landmarks you mean troupes. I actually haven't seen those complaints, I don't doubt you but I do find that baffling.
Actually as of writing this while I remember I think its worth mentioning I actually came to this opinion of mine when Luca literally says he wants to make Harry's life as miserable as possible but when asked why he just says something worthless and its just whatever and then nothing more. So this all stems from the fact I got excited on the prospect it was going to actually become more in-depth read on the bad guy in an ntr vn but then it didn't disappointment sunk in and then I was like "Wow this guy reminds of Reverse Flash".

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
First thing no I completely disagree there. True that is my only argument because it's my only big problem with this. What's to argue here? The author should just give him a motive why not? It just fills up a problem with the story and doesn't need to be that long. I would have no complaints involving quality. Also he plays far too bigger role here to shrug off that it isn't about him.
The motive is his hate towards Harry, how he came to hate Harry was explained in recent patch. But in bullying often there is no motive, simply the person being weaker is enough of a reason. Things like having more money, good grades ,clothing, nice gf , nice family anything really that the bully can see as unfair can invoke hate and be the reason. Luca is not written any worse than real life stories are.

Actually as of writing this while I remember I think its worth mentioning I actually came to this opinion of mine when Luca literally says he wants to make Harry's life as miserable as possible but when asked why he just says something worthless and its just whatever and then nothing more.
Nothing strange in this, did you consider that Luca may not want to admit to why? His worthless answer being dead giveaway of that. Bully generally will not tell you the real reason why is he bullying because he would be to admit that his life is worse than life of the person he is bullying. What he is to say "my life is shit, moms a drunk ,dad in jail , my house is a dump and he has all those nice things while he is so weak !!" .

Reactions: Animefan_09
Aug 24, 2019
I'm too lazy to go back and find the quote. But, someone made a post talking about the dissonance of Laura's character in and out of the bedroom. And I didn't respond because they didn't say anything that hadn't been said already. They just said it slightly different way. But, it got me thinking about how I wish Laura hadn't agreed to the get another rule for making the other one cum meta rule. She should have known that orgasms can be a purely physiological response. And that given month Luca could figure her out. Not to mention his insane stamina. But, she knew she was going to fuck him the first time she laid eyes on him. She's always been broken. And that's exactly why Harry's attracted to her. Everything else is just window dressing bullshit.
Can you elaborate on the "she knew she was going to fuck him the first time she laid eyes on him. She's always been broken" part? I don't remember much from the beginning; you mean this before or after he said about the USB case as blackmail material? Was he being to friendly with her from the get go?
And I suppose that, by broken, you meant the flaws concerning her past and her mother's part in it, is that it?

I do have my own hypothesis concerning Laura's dissonante behaviour, and I can lay it here if you're interested, but I'd like to better understand what you meant when you said that.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
The motive is his hate towards Harry, how he came to hate Harry was explained in recent patch. But in bullying often there is no motive, simply the person being weaker is enough of a reason. Things like having more money, good grades ,clothing, nice gf , nice family anything really that the bully can see as unfair can invoke hate and be the reason. Luca is not written any worse than real life stories are.

Nothing strange in this, did you consider that Luca may not want to admit to why? His worthless answer being dead giveaway of that. Bully generally will not tell you the real reason why is he bullying because he would be to admit that his life is worse than life of the person he is bullying. What he is to say "my life is shit, moms a drunk ,dad in jail , my house is a dump and he has all those nice things while he is so weak !!" .
I'll admit I didn't consider that and I did forget he seemed to have mummy issues. I've dealt with bullies before in school and can say from experience the "they have a worse life than yours" is not typically true. In short they're kids and kids are stupid. You mention weak and that actually made me think of something. How are these people getting listed as weak by him anyway? I guess it's actually because he has such insecurities about himself maybe? Well I supposed the author will explain that or did in the patch and I didn't see.
Anyway what I did see when I played this (previous version) was that there is supposed to be good end in here so I guess he'll eventually get his due. I hope when the author gets around to that, it involves Harry point out his weakness after going full detective on Luca it could potentially be pretty interesting and hey maybe finish it off with a situation having Harry say "Go ahead, make my day". Or how about something like this :ROFLMAO:

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I'll admit I didn't consider that and I did forget he seemed to have mummy issues. I've dealt with bullies before in school and can say from experience the "they have a worse life than yours" is not typically true. In short they're kids and kids are stupid. You mention weak and that actually made me think of something. How are these people getting listed as weak by him anyway? I guess it's actually because he has such insecurities about himself maybe? Well I supposed the author will explain that or did in the patch and I didn't see.
Anyway what I did see when I played this (previous version) was that there is supposed to be good end in here so I guess he'll eventually get his due. I hope when the author gets around to that, it involves Harry point out his weakness after going full detective on Luca it could potentially be pretty interesting and hey maybe finish it off with a situation having Harry say "Go ahead, make my day". Or how about something like this :ROFLMAO:
Those were just examples but they do share one thing in common - the victim is not guilty of anything and probably doesn't know why is being bullied.

Weakness is generally considered in physical sense as bullying is mostly physical but it is not limited to such. I think any field where the victim can't resist the bully can be seen as weakness. But some will see acting nice and being well behaved as weakness so maybe more accurate is "any filed that the bully consider themselves superior in".

I'm not going to spoil anything but i got the feeling you are in wrong place. You are appear to want revenge or "good wins in the end" type of story where this is dark hard ntr story where if they don't end up dead or mentally shattered it is good end. May I ask you for your favorite NTR story ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Neriathis

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
I know how this game goes I played to the end followed in game guide to see all current endings too. I went through it because I like vn's and I saw this was still getting updated (you surely know how much games get dropped in then abandoned here) so I thought I should give it a fair shake. So from what I can tell from what you said you didn't even pick up that I was joking in part of it. Just when I thought it we were getting near to getting on the same wavelength too.:cry: Anyway I just pointed out that ending was there but not complete, my thoughts, a reference and a joke.
As for my favourite... well I guess slowburn since it makes more sense and/or with branches that lead to disaster like this but with a true end if you don't fuck up. Also, enough creativity to not get locked into just cheap stereotypes. From what I've seen on this website I feel Star Knightess Aura seems to be going in a good direction when it comes to that. I'll just add what I hate so you know, it's Netorase and total retard protags. I also can say that all these specific likes and dislikes are from the fact that I typically in games view myself through the eyes of the protagonist. Harry isn't one of those total retards you get sometimes rather he's just too gullible and nice.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes