VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
Can you elaborate on the "she knew she was going to fuck him the first time she laid eyes on him. She's always been broken" part? I don't remember much from the beginning; you mean this before or after he said about the USB case as blackmail material? Was he being to friendly with her from the get go?
And I suppose that, by broken, you meant the flaws concerning her past and her mother's part in it, is that it?

I do have my own hypothesis concerning Laura's dissonante behaviour, and I can lay it here if you're interested, but I'd like to better understand what you meant when you said that.
She is obviously very attracted to him immediately. To the point she's low key very excited by his mere presence. And it's not until Harry tells her about his past that she starts to push Luca away. But, even then she has some doubts(I could be blending the timeline in my mind.) And when push comes to shove she doesn't go to Harry with the whole truth. She just tells him enough to justify herself. Because the bullying of Harry turned her on deep down. She just couldn't admit it outright because of her mother.

Go ahead and lay your theory on me. If you can. I can't further elaborate on my interpretation of her character. I will probably just leave a reaction and let you end the conversation there. Or at least our back and forth.

Reactions: AverageHalfwit

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
PoD, go get mental treatment. Holding a grudge like this isn't healthy :rolleyes: Or at the very least try learn from Terix3 and myself on how to discuss opinions you don't agree with.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I know how this game goes I played to the end followed in game guide to see all current endings too. I went through it because I like vn's and I saw this was still getting updated (you surely know how much games get dropped in then abandoned here) so I thought I should give it a fair shake. So from what I can tell from what you said you didn't even pick up that I was joking in part of it. Just when I thought it we were getting near to getting on the same wavelength too.:cry: Anyway I just pointed out that ending was there but not complete, my thoughts, a reference and a joke.
As for my favourite... well I guess slowburn since it makes more sense and/or with branches that lead to disaster like this but with a true end if you don't fuck up. Also, enough creativity to not get locked into just cheap stereotypes. From what I've seen on this website I feel Star Knightess Aura seems to be going in a good direction when it comes to that. I'll just add what I hate so you know, it's Netorase and total retard protags. I also can say that all these specific likes and dislikes are from the fact that I typically in games view myself through the eyes of the protagonist. Harry isn't one of those total retards you get sometimes rather he's just too gullible and nice.
That game doesn't have ending and is probably years off having one. If good ending is important for you how it can be your favorite? Nothing more "finished" as example? To my understanding that game is more of corruption than NTR, fundamentally supernatural factor waters down NTR aspect. Also it is primarily female pov while here it is male pov hmmm.
It is important how you tell the joke and what is the joke. You wouldn't tell the joke if there was nothing to it. Here again i note you say "branches that lead to disaster like this but with a true end if you don't fuck up". Nothing what you said about your preferences indicates that you like NTR.

You can try the game for whatever reason but when it doesn't fit your tastes please don't try to frame it as poor writing.

Reactions: jaden000
Aug 30, 2022
Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt your disscussion, but there is something that've been bothering me. When I somehow tried to deviate from "right" normal ending in, I guess, 0.5.5, around cinema session time, when Laura and Harry were lying in bed, there were moans behind the wall and when Harry asked "Is it Aya?" Laura answered to that "Well, what do you think" and then Harry proceeds to call Aya, and when he does, moans suddenly interrupts. Something between these lines. Anyway, the point is, when I tried to replay game for 0.6.*+ version, I didn't have this dialogue. Did I do something wrong or has it been removed? Sorry for chaotic writing.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt your disscussion, but there is something that've been bothering me. When I somehow tried to deviate from "right" normal ending in, I guess, 0.5.5, around cinema session time, when Laura and Harry were lying in bed, there were moans behind the wall and when Harry asked "Is it Aya?" Laura answered to that "Well, what do you think" and then Harry proceeds to call Aya, and when he does, moans suddenly interrupts. Something between these lines. Anyway, the point is, when I tried to replay game for 0.6.*+ version, I didn't have this dialogue. Did I do something wrong or has it been removed? Sorry for chaotic writing.
HC may have altered it. The game is still in development, after all.

However, the scene doesn't seem to have changed much from the way you described. I just played through it. Harry still wonders if Aya is on the one getting fucked and Laura still suggests that it might be. Harry still sends a message to Aya to check, and she texts back so quickly that he has hard time believing that she could be having sex at the same time.

Reactions: Animefan_09

Mindsas

Oct 4, 2021
hey i have a question

im playing this game for the first time and finished my first route ( abrupt ). after going to the gallery i noticed 3 scenes that i never saw before
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
im going to see those scenes on another route?

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
hey i have a question

im playing this game for the first time and finished my first route ( abrupt ). after going to the gallery i noticed 3 scenes that i never saw before
im going to see those scenes on another route?
Hm... Must be a bug. You will see those scenes in the Normal route. I don't know why it unlocked them during your Abrupt playthrough. Will look at it on my end. Thanks.

HC may have altered it. The game is still in development, after all.

However, the scene doesn't seem to have changed much from the way you described. I just played through it. Harry still wonders if Aya is on the one getting fucked and Laura still suggests that it might be. Harry still sends a message to Aya to check, and she texts back so quickly that he has hard time believing that she could be having sex at the same time.
I didn't change a thing. From Harry's perspective at least, it doesn't seem like it's her.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
That game doesn't have ending and is probably years off having one. If good ending is important for you how it can be your favorite? Nothing more "finished" as example? To my understanding that game is more of corruption than NTR, fundamentally supernatural factor waters down NTR aspect. Also it is primarily female pov while here it is male pov hmmm.
It is important how you tell the joke and what is the joke. You wouldn't tell the joke if there was nothing to it. Here again i note you say "branches that lead to disaster like this but with a true end if you don't fuck up". Nothing what you said about your preferences indicates that you like NTR.

You can try the game for whatever reason but when it doesn't fit your tastes please don't try to frame it as poor writing.
Right all business got it. You didn't say list a ntr game you said type of ntr game. I said direction not favorite game. I also never said I like ntr nor dislike it. Sorry but I have bad memory due to medication I have to take so listing a game is hard since I'm not exactly the main target audience here as in it's not the main genre I play/read. POV doesn't matter I played this multi view. Supernatural waters down ntr I say not true thats entirely just your opinion nothing more and just another argument I've seen come up before more than once don't start. Well the last ntr game I can think of that I really liked is recent it's called Nebel Geisterjäger.
Lastly I was singling out the writing of one character nothing more as in the rest of it was fine to me I felt. That's me saying "he's badly written" not "the whole game is" so you're just jumping to conclusions there.

Reactions: Y.Gromov

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Right all business got it. You didn't say list a ntr game you said type of ntr game. I said direction not favorite game. I also never said I like ntr nor dislike it. Sorry but I have bad memory due to medication I have to take so listing a game is hard since I'm not exactly the main target audience here as in it's not the main genre I play/read. POV doesn't matter I played this multi view. Supernatural waters down ntr I say not true thats entirely just your opinion nothing more and just another argument I've seen come up before more than once don't start. Well the last ntr game I can think of that I really liked is recent it's called Nebel Geisterjäger.
No, both wrong - i said "favorite NTR story" . It didn't have to be game it had to be ntr story.
I'm sure you are aware by now that by questions were aimed to get to whatever you are here for ntr or not. You finally gave the answer to it.
PoV does matter as even if you select all pov the story is still told from cuck MC perspective and you said that you see yourself as the MC in such stories. This is huge difference, so is supernatural setting. But as you are not in market for ntr i will not discuss this.
Nebel Geisterjäger. - MTL ? or there is translated version somewhere? or you read Japanese ?

Lastly I was singling out the writing of one character nothing more as in the rest of it was fine to me I felt. That's me saying "he's badly written" not "the whole game is" so you're just jumping to conclusions there.
N/C

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
Yeah I figured that that out straight away as soon as you asked it was obvious but couldn't figure out why you weren't getting straight to the point then decided to say what you wanted to hear anyway. I said "typically" btw and I meant games in general just to clarify. Besides, I wanted a story not parts of one so multi-view was great.
Nebel Geisterjäger is made by the circle "I Love BBQ" and its still Japanese and Chinese only right now. I follow the circle on Ci-en and they announced NTR saikey studios(?) is translating it for them so it'll show up here eventually. I just mtl'd it and edited what was needed to make sure it wasn't too goofy. N/C huh? well that's fine with me.

maxximum

Sep 10, 2017
I think Luca's motivation makes way more sense if you look at it from the perspective that he doesn't actually hate Harry as a person, but what he stands for.

Luca's trauma is that his mother said she loved him and would never lie to him. But she ran away with another man and left him behind. He was then forced to kill her while she looked at him with "sheer unadulterated hatred" and claimed that he was exactly like his father, a man who could only ever find love by making a woman miserable. He was 12 years old.

By the time Luca is in high school, he tries to come to terms with his childhood trauma. He sleeps around with women left and right but true to what his mother said, none of them ever looked at him the way he wanted to be seen. In other words, none of them were ever truly in love with Luca, the one thing he was desperately searching for. Luca would have formed a view of the world inside his head as a coping mechanism - that this is just the way things are, that love just doesn't exist.

But Harry was an anomaly in his world view. A fat loser that wouldn't bend to violence (unthinkable when he was raised within the mafia) and even had a hot girl look at him the way Luca had never been able to achieve. At first he wanted to understand what made them different and what he was missing. But Harry's self-righteous actions triggered Luca's trauma and shifted the idea of "maybe my world view is wrong" into "my world view is right and I have to prove it."

The line "There's no reason to understand anything. All I have to do is take this love he's so proud of and stain it until it's unrecognizable... Until he gives up on it himself" says it all. His hatred of Harry is less about Harry as a person and more about proving that true love doesn't exist. Harry's philosophy comes in direct conflict with Luca's, and until Harry is as broken as Luca is, that lingering self-doubt and trauma from his childhood will never go away.

Rogaxx

Nov 27, 2022
I thought i liked ntr games, as i played some shits like Isekai ntr that i liked, but oh boy did this game make me realise I actually hated realistic ntr
The more the story advanced the more it became infuriating to read, I even ended up skipping all the sex scenes
But at the same time i've become quite invested in the Aya / Harry part of the story, and I've got to the currend end of the "Aya"'s ending where Aya leave the vote, furious

And here I am now, praying the gods that those endings won't end up having her getting rawdogged for whatever fucking reason by Lucas, even tho I know it will happen anyway
This game litteraly made me part of the "is the ntr avoidable" gang
I just want a happy Aya / Harry ending bros...

It's a pretty high quality game tho

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I thought i liked ntr games, as i played some shits like Isekai ntr that i liked, but oh boy did this game make me realise I actually hated realistic ntr
The more the story advanced the more it became infuriating to read, I even ended up skipping all the sex scenes
But at the same time i've become quite invested in the Aya / Harry part of the story, and I've got to the currend end of the "Aya"'s ending where Aya leave the vote, furious

And here I am now, praying the gods that those endings won't end up having her getting rawdogged for whatever fucking reason by Lucas, even tho I know it will happen anyway

Yeah, the Aya path will only be if Aya and Harry become a couple and that means they are bound to have an unhappy ending. Luca isn't interested in Aya when she is just Harry's Yandere stalker but if he actually shows interest in her oh boy is she going to absorb gallons of Luca's cum.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Accurate, but it is also a big spoiler. I think trying to figure Luca out yourself and only having your guesses reviewed at the very end is good experience.

I already had guessed that Luca had trauma and that he transferred his hatred on Harry. The question was if his mom played part in it and if Harry's family was involved. I think HC very neatly tied things up, not only explained Lucas hate but also why it he is obsessed with the ones that Harry loves.

Haha yea i had my interests also reviewed. I used to think that i liked slow corruption process and girl struggling to keep from falling. But the other angle of it - the process of mental entrapment and breakdown triggered my empathy when no longer i could see "easy way out" for her. So i like girl doing progressively more depraved things not so much process of breaking, at least not when its realistically written.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022
just popped in to ask. Has the abrupt ending been fleshed out yet? I wouldnt mind seeing a NTR victim get revenge FOR ONCE. Also its realistic. The statistics say that women are murdered for adultery more than any other reason. i think it was something like 44% (although they classify them as 'jealousy murders'

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
I thought i liked ntr games, as i played some shits like Isekai ntr that i liked
Wich game was this? I think there are quite a few that could be called Isekai Ntr, i remember a VN that wasn't that good for example, and another that i can't remember if it was Isekai or not but was really good

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes