VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
how did laura humiliated harry in this new ending? part of me refuse to play the game again (this game has been living rent free in my head for quite some time lol and I want to get it out since is making me depressed and angry xD) since things are just going to get darker for harry to the point of driving him to commit suicide or end up in a mental hospital.... so, I don't mind spoilers.
Also, this is a question HC, I know it may not be answered, but have to throw my shot, will there be a true/secret ending? where harry finds some sort of happiness? or at least a life without having somebody cum in his daily use belongings?

Last edited:
Reactions: BBCinyourass

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
I been thinking about this idea and I want someone opinion about this thought that I have in my mind:
In the "normal" ending (wedding) doesn't harry at some degree prove lucas that his way of thinking might have change thanks to harry. What I mean is that lucas didn't bailed with laura and left a sex tape on harry laptop. True, she is still getting his D, and doing horrible things to harry, but in some way laura have tied lucas to her, just like harry did to laura (even tho her emotions are clouded by lust) she still have some hidden feelings she shoved off at the back of her head towards harry. True, lucas can leave any moment he wants but he choose not to do that regardless if it is his hate boner for lucas or some secret desired for laura that is hidden in the back of his head. either way, he have been caught in harry life style without knowing, you can argue that they'll get caught by harry, but how harry is written he wil probably never find out until his kid start showing different features from him, and then he might get suspicious or probably ignored it. I'm basing this in lucas backstory. since I like to think that this might be some sort of weird game, that lucas set up in his mind, to see who is lifestyle is right, regardless of him full of his own ego thinking that his lifestyle is better. Also, if I'm not mistaken, he admitted that he would had gone for laura either way early on the game, but pure chance she was dating the guy he hated the most, so in a way harry lifestyle was better than lucas in multiple ways XD.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Does anyone know if this has a planned ending with MC becoming an emotionless bastard (much like the antag) and abandoning fmc to her fate? It would still be depressing (practically confirming antag's worldview) but maybe the lesser evil. I mean if he stopped believing in fairy tales like true love, he can't get cucked again.

Winterskin

May 12, 2021
Does anyone know if this has a planned ending with MC becoming an emotionless bastard (much like the antag) and abandoning fmc to her fate? It would still be depressing (practically confirming antag's worldview) but maybe the lesser evil. I mean if he stopped believing in fairy tales like true love, he can't get cucked again.
As far as I've managed to understand what tastes this game aims at, there is no such possibility. The main character is doomed to be a loser and a naive boy in every scenario.

Reactions: dutch2064 and AL.d

Anxu@13

Aug 23, 2021
So next is good end right will get more of Harry Laura's mom our Luca will take both and what can we expect for the upcoming update I'm just playing Harry's perspective now i will play all perspective when aya's route start so any info

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
I'm kinda envious of how people can get so invested in a story, or identify so much with a character, that they intensely hate NTR -- since they often seem to hate it because they feel for/identify with the main character and want him to be redeemed so strongly.

Meanwhile I just read it for the story lol. I can never escape the knowledge that a character is just a character and it's all made up. A likable character getting completely betrayed and screwed over is better for me, since it's the closest a story can come to making me feel anything about a character.

Winterskin

May 12, 2021
I'm kinda envious of how people can get so invested in a story, or identify so much with a character, that they intensely hate NTR -- since they often seem to hate it because they feel for/identify with the main character and want him to be redeemed so strongly.

Meanwhile I just read it for the story lol. I can never escape the knowledge that a character is just a character and it's all made up. A likable character getting completely betrayed and screwed over is better for me, since it's the closest a story can come to making me feel anything about a character.
There are also the ones you mention. Although you have presented two extremes, people who empathize too much and those who take it cold.
I know there is an option somewhere in the middle. People who instinctively put themselves in this situation as themselves, but knowing that it's all fiction. Somehow able to benefit from both extremes you mentioned.

Personally, I think I'm more in the middle, but that also has its downsides. Me, for example, since I played a few titles in which the main character is simply weak and nothing can help that someone wants to steal his loved ones, such as in Dark Hero Party. He wasn't a total moron like Harry, he was just weak in a brutal world. I don't think I enjoy generic NTR characters as much since then. I just know that in this genre it is possible to make a main character who connects the dots and does not have exaggerated and strange self-destructive behavior, and this is what many people apart from me see as a problem in this game. In open endings too. Nevertheless, it's okay. It seems to have its audience.
There are quite a few NTR games to choose thankfully.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Definitely part of that crowd in most VNs, although not in NTR genre (and I am a fan of it).

Thing about this game is, main character is so oblivious, I can't not hate him. I don't want him redeemed or happy, I just want him away from Laura. I want them both to be miserable. Her used and thrown away, like she deserves. Him alone and sad, like he deserves. Just as far away from each other as possible.

I want an ending (yes, yes, not going to happen, but whatever) with Laura dumped by both, and MC destroyed by grief after finding truth and alone, trusting no woman ever again in his life.

The reason why I hate MC so much so far is he's nothing but oblivious. His point of view is nothing, it's kind of pointless. It's not like there's something interesting happening on his side, no, it's always "Oh, guess it's nothing" - sex scene - choice which amounts to "guess it's nothing" - sex scene - repeat. I like the game but can't stand the fucker. HE'S WORTHLESS!

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Is there any ending where mc doesn't discover that he was ntred even after the end?
If so what is it called?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Is there any ending where mc doesn't discover that he was ntred even after the end?
If so what is it called?
I think that is ending Normal Alt 2 unless something changes. In Normal Alt 1 they make a video for him for some stupid reason.

Reactions: Voilsh

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I think that is ending Normal Alt 2 unless something changes. In Normal Alt 1 they make a video for him for some stupid reason.
Normal - family
Lol wonder if HC made this joke intentionally as mc gets to have "normal" family.
Thanks, I got into her being totally open about not caring about him by mistake by playing blind, but I largely prefer endings where he doesn't know what's going on and she is fully corrupted.:cool:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks, I got into her being totally open about not caring about him by mistake by playing blind, but I largely prefer endings where he doesn't know what's going on and she is fully corrupted.:cool:
I think she will be fully corrupted in all endings but there will be a few where he remains oblivious. Defeated and destroyed, mind you... but oblivious.

Reactions: Voilsh

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I think she will be fully corrupted in all endings but there will be a few where he remains oblivious. Defeated and destroyed, mind you... but oblivious.
I hope there will be where he remains oblivious but not outwardly destroyed, just played around by the girls.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I hope there will be where he remains oblivious but not outwardly destroyed, just played around by the girls.
For this game, abandon all hope. With this game, hope in one hand and shit in the other and all you will end up with is a handful of shit. No hope. There is none to be found. There are people roasting in hell that are looking up at Harry and saying to each other that they still wouldn't trade places with this sorry ass motherfucker.

Reactions: nitkonikic

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Definitely part of that crowd in most VNs, although not in NTR genre (and I am a fan of it).

Thing about this game is, main character is so oblivious, I can't not hate him. I don't want him redeemed or happy, I just want him away from Laura. I want them both to be miserable. Her used and thrown away, like she deserves. Him alone and sad, like he deserves. Just as far away from each other as possible.

I want an ending (yes, yes, not going to happen, but whatever) with Laura dumped by both, and MC destroyed by grief after finding truth and alone, trusting no woman ever again in his life.

The reason why I hate MC so much so far is he's nothing but oblivious. His point of view is nothing, it's kind of pointless. It's not like there's something interesting happening on his side, no, it's always "Oh, guess it's nothing" - sex scene - choice which amounts to "guess it's nothing" - sex scene - repeat. I like the game but can't stand the fucker. HE'S WORTHLESS!
I remember there was a popular JRPG game where the MC literally said "......" the whole game in all the dialogues (you can still make choices for him but he just wouldnt talk)
the reason given from the dev was that "You"(the player) are supposed to think and talk for MC so they kept description of MC's inner thought/dialogue minimal.
So if "you" were the MC, you could be suspicious but told yourself its nothing coz you just couldnt face the truth. Much like people who were scammed would not face the truth until the very end. they would keep adding in more money and thought they could get more back even if they were suspicious.

It could also very likely be that the MC was just as "useless" as you thought :LUL: (happened in lots of NTR games). It all depends on how you perceive the message from the game.

Cross25

Oct 26, 2020
If Laura falls in love with Luke in the Hero Ending 2, it will no longer be readable. Because on this path in their last scene, he apparently broke her, plus she was very offended by the MC for not trusting her, even though this is hypocrisy on her part. Plus, sissy Luka said he loves her, and the guy whom she loves or loved (MS) did not trust her. This could be, well, or could be the final touch of her complete fall. Well, either it will give her a chance to make Luka completely lose his guard, and destroy him without killing him, besides, I am sure that along the way, Harry will be the one to punish Luka this time, well, or Harry, Laura, and her mother will destroy him, but not so easy. In any case, still wait somewhere until the end of December

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes