VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes
Jan 24, 2018
can we get window ver
You don't need to since all platform releases include the updated game assets, with OS-specific stub binaries remaining the same between updates. Here is how you can convert the 0.7.6 to 0.8.0:
  1. Remove everything in the game folder except \lib\ folder and APromiseBestLeftUnkept.exe
  2. Extract the archived contents of APromiseBestLeftUnkept-0.8.0-mac.zip\APromiseBestLeftUnkept.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\ to the game directory where the .exe is located
  3. Run APromiseBestLeftUnkept.exe

Last edited:

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
You don't need to since all platform releases include the updated game assets, with OS-specific stub binaries remaning the same between updates. Here is how you can convert the 0.7.6 to 0.8.0:
  1. Remove everything in the game folder except \lib folder and APromiseBestLeftUnkept.exe
  2. Extract the archived contents of APromiseBestLeftUnkept-0.8.0-mac.zip\APromiseBestLeftUnkept.app\Contents\Resources\autorun\ to the game directory where the .exe is located
Thanks i find it hilarious, and maybe a bit of karma is a bitch, that in the opening post the MAC version is several updates behind lol

Reactions: paladinfox5

geoolympics

Aug 27, 2019
You don't need to since all platform releases include the updated game assets, with OS-specific stub binaries renaming the same between updates. Here is how you can convert the 0.7.6 to 0.8.0:
  1. Remove everything in the game folder except \lib\ folder and APromiseBestLeftUnkept.exe
Dang, I tried this, I can't believe it works. I copied the save folder inside \game\saves from my 0.7.6 as well and it worked just fine. Thanks!

hibro1

Jul 7, 2020
For some reason it is not working, is there possibly another way to do it or if you can show me via pictures maybe I can figure it out.

senseionizuka

Sep 10, 2017
That update was dark as F lol.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which im still confused about because in other endings where harry discovers he's been cucked he reacts in anger

At first I kept thinking that these endings were dark but as they keep coming its like you get desensitized to them. Im kind of worried that when Ayas start coming out they wont really hit as hard cuz we have seen the story warped already just to accommodate new kinks in different scenes with the same heroine Laura.

Aya's route really should have been moved onto a while ago.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
...He gets an erection. :confused:

Everything with this update was fine right until I got to that point. I knew it was coming and I still laughed out loud, but not in the good way.

After spending the entire game showing me that Harry is viscerally opposed to the idea of getting cucked again, so much so that his very body seems to reject it...somehow, this time, instead of puking his guts up on himself, he gets an erection.

In fact, all game, we see him throwing up at the thought of getting cucked and having repeated panic attacks over it...but now, out of the clear blue sky, he gets an erection.

We see him literally ripping the hair out of his scalp while listening to Laura get fucked, and see him flying into a violent rage over it several times on several routes. Hell, we even see him considering a double murder suicide and suicide in general in this very route. All told, getting cucked seems like the worst thing in the world to him. But no. Nevermind. All of that was just a misunderstanding.:p

Apparently, Harry was actually secretly enjoying it. You see that disgusting crying face he's been making all game? That was actually his happy face. :LOL:

And all the animosity he's been harboring toward Luca for what happened in the past? Harry was just being a tsundere, that's all. He loves being cucked by Luca. He needs to be cucked by Luca. He can't even get it up unless he gets cucked by Luca. People have been saying that Luca is gay for Harry, but it's actually been the other way around all this time. LOL.;)

*sigh*...Jokes aside. I feel like Harry got kidnapped and replaced by some guy with a serious cuck fetish named Harold.

It's sad, too. This ending could have been salvaged if, at some point earlier in the game, there was a scene showing Harry having a vivid nightmare about what happened with Maya. He wakes up in a cold sweat, feeling all the usual disgust and emotional trauma that memory causes him but, at the same time, he notices that he has an erection that he can't explain.

Without that, without some kind of explanation, Harry's reactions to what happens in this update just seem forced, and it makes me wonder how many more 'forced things' are going to show up in the future.

'I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed'.jpg

Edit: On a positive note, the sex scenes were good for the most part, and seeing Laura be cruel toward Harry of her own accord was nice. So there's that, at least.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017

Everything with this update was fine right until I got to that point. I knew it was coming and I still laughed out loud, but not in the good way.

After spending the entire game showing me that Harry is viscerally opposed to the idea of getting cucked again, so much so that his very body seems to reject it...somehow, this time, instead of puking his guts up on himself, he gets an erection.

In fact, all game, we see him throwing up at the thought of getting cucked and having repeated panic attacks over it...but now, out of the clear blue sky, he gets an erection.

We see him literally ripping the hair out of his scalp while listening to Laura get fucked, and see him flying into a violent rage over it several times on several routes. Hell, we even see him considering a double murder suicide and suicide in general in this very route. All told, getting cucked seems like the worst thing in the world to him. But no. Nevermind. All of that was just a misunderstanding.:p

Apparently, Harry was actually secretly enjoying it. You see that disgusting crying face he's been making all game? That was actually his happy face. :LOL:

And all the animosity he's been harboring toward Luca for what happened in the past? Harry was just being a tsundere, that's all. He loves being cucked by Luca. He needs to be cucked by Luca. He can't even get it up unless he gets cucked by Luca. People have been saying that Luca is gay for Harry, but it's actually been the other way around all this time. LOL.;)

*sigh*...Jokes aside. I feel like Harry got kidnapped and replaced by some guy with a serious cuck fetish named Harold.

It's sad, too. This ending could have been salvaged if, at some point earlier in the game, there was a scene showing Harry having a vivid nightmare about what happened with Maya. He wakes up in a cold sweat, feeling all the usual disgust and emotional trauma that memory causes him but, at the same time, he notices that he has an erection that he can't explain.

Without that, without some kind of explanation, Harry's reactions to what happens in this update just seem forced, and it makes me wonder how many more 'forced things' are going to show up in the future.

Edit: On a positive note, the sex scenes were good for the most part, and seeing Laura be cruel toward Harry of her own accord was nice. So there's that, at least.
Expected as much. I think the one way to ... find this ending to be acceptable is to see Harry as broken. Being betrayed so many times he no longer can trust, he is convinced that any girl he will date will inevitably just become another Lucas cock sleeve. Therefore in perverse way he is anticipating the betrayal and only then he can get relief.
Otherwise this type of ending just doesn't fit the story we have.
how many more 'forced things' are going to show up in the future.
Hmm out of trope endings we are only left with cum dump/junkie ending. I assume that prostitution, netorase, swinging endings are beyond the scope. Other than that well Aya needs her set of trope endings too :)

Reactions: Animefan_09

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018

To be honest, It feels more like the author is burned out. I can't say there weren't plot holes in the game before, but when you mention it in a direct list, it's really weird. I hope Aya's route won't suffer the same fate. I'm just waiting for her story and then I'll move on.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Expected as much. I think the one way to ... find this ending to be acceptable is to see Harry as broken. Being betrayed so many times he no longer can trust, he is convinced that any girl he will date will inevitably just become another Lucas cock sleeve. Therefore in perverse way he is anticipating the betrayal and only then he can get relief.
Otherwise this type of ending just doesn't fit the story we have.

Hmm out of trope endings we are only left with cum dump/junkie ending. I assume that prostitution, netorase, swinging endings are beyond the scope. Other than that well Aya needs her set of trope endings too :)
Well haven't played yet (stupid limit per country) but from what i read and previous updates my guess is that Harry just snaps but because he didn't explode before now he is just defeated, he basically belongs in a mental hospital now xD.

Personally i would have preferred this to occur in a route involving Aya too, just to ahve him feel even more hopeless and that he will never win, sure Sandra is in that role (she did try to help) but i think it would have hit harder had it been Aya.

Apr 5, 2022
in my opinion Laura's last arcs were a total waste, the story starts to get dull at the exact moment when we have the beginning of unique routes in the penultimate arc. Unfortunately I thought each one was pretty ok or bad, I'm not saying I want a happy ending, I'm saying that the developer could have done something like what was already working instead of elaborating boring routes like the current ones. I hope Aya's route is well done, I don't even care about Laura anymore, I think her amount of routes may have also saturated the character. In short, don't get me wrong, I say I prefer quality over quantity.

MrDarkz123

Apr 6, 2020
Which im still confused about because in other endings where harry discovers he's been cucked he reacts in anger

At first I kept thinking that these endings were dark but as they keep coming its like you get desensitized to them. Im kind of worried that when Ayas start coming out they wont really hit as hard cuz we have seen the story warped already just to accommodate new kinks in different scenes with the same heroine Laura.

Aya's route really should have been moved onto a while ago.
Minute 1:30

4.10 star(s) 99 Votes