VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Shatteredstar

Sep 21, 2018
Personal comment: The last two paragraphs might be a bit far fetch, specially the last one, but I think it might fit within narrative if I'm not really stretching the concept. The reason, why I don't think that the worst ending, is probably because I came across an weird ntr doujin (forgot the name of it). Spoilers for the ending: after barely waking up from an unconscious state he confessed to his crush just to find her fucking another guy (keep in mind this mc had a harem he never saw them more than close friends). One day when the girls got bored of fucking the two guys that were living with them, they decided to go to the beach; by the time the girls came back, the house was engulf in flames as the mc was maniacally laughing outside the house naked as the girls look at it in panic.
Harem Love Come VS Yarichin DQN [Freedom Prophet]

Is the name of that doujin. 319121 on nhentai if you wanna read it in ENG. It's over the top, but then again so is a harem protag that doesn't have sex with his harem. Rito from To Love Yu does this, but it's a fun and funny way to keep the story going. That doujin turns the typical Love Hina story upsidedown. I mean all the girls are completely heartless monsters and everything goes too far over the top, but it gets the story across. Doesn't give it a pass though, there are better. The idea does fit HC's writing style, though.

It's slow to start, but A Harem in the Fantasy World Dungeon the protag doesn't wait a day before he dives in. He's quick to take them as soon as get buys them. It has a WN, LN, manga, and one season of anime, plus 2 OVA (which are just straight up sex scenes). A much more believable harem protag.

I also agree the endings, quite a few of them, are not finished. The height of the climax and then nothing. Forgetting, or leaving out, the conclusion leaves the story and the player wanting. The player also has a major lack of player agency over Harry, sure those choices may lead to a vanilla or semi vanilla ending, but that's adding player agency. The scope of the game doesn't seem to include that, but it's still missed. I'm enjoying this route's updates quite a bit, Aya is a very interesting character, even if she's fairing about as well as Laura did.

Edit: completed thoughts on paragraph 1 and 2, I should sleep

Last edited:
Reactions: Requiem1102

Requiem1102

May 28, 2023

Is the name of that doujin. 319121 on nhentai if you wanna read it in ENG. It's over the top, but then again so is a harem protag that doesn't have sex with his harem. Rito from To Love Yu does this, but it's a fun and funny way to keep the story going. That doujin turns the typical Love Hina story upsidedown. I mean all the girls are completely heartless monsters and everything goes too far over the top, but it gets the story across. Doesn't give it a pass though, there are better. The idea does fit HC's writing style, though.

It's slow to start, but A Harem in the Fantasy World Dungeon the protag doesn't wait a day before he dives in. He's quick to take them as soon as get buys them. It has a WN, LN, manga, and one season of anime, plus 2 OVA (which are just straight up sex scenes). A much more believable harem protag.

I also agree the endings, quite a few of them, are not finished. The height of the climax and then nothing. Forgetting, or leaving out, the conclusion leaves the story and the player wanting. The player also has a major lack of player agency over Harry, sure those choices may lead to a vanilla or semi vanilla ending, but that's adding player agency. The scope of the game doesn't seem to include that, but it's still missed. I'm enjoying this route's updates quite a bit, Aya is a very interesting character, even if she's fairing about as well as Laura did.

definitely agree on the more agency bit cause I want to have a varied experience instead of a limited one imo rather have like 10ish endings that all vary wildly than like 5 that are pretty much similar

Revo

Jun 18, 2017

I wasn't expecting someone to know about the doujin since I don't think it'll suit the taste of probably half the ntr fans in this plataform. I appreaciate telling me the name and number, but I think I'll pass on the offer lol since I like my regular ntr with revenge (personal taste) since it leaves a weird sour taste in my mouth and my angry issues doesn't mix with ntr either xD I will agree that those were just became assholes because the mc didn't want to dick them, and treated his place as a sort of brothel for them fuck those two guys instead of keeping it either in their rooms or out of the house. I won't get into it, but I'll admit that the mc was dumb too.

A started reading a harem in the fantasy world dungeon long time ago, never got the chance to continue it, but I might jump into it at some point, but I do have to mention two ln/wn that you might be interested that follows the theme of ntr at some degree, tanaka the wizard and sono mono. nochi ni. I haven't read tanaka ln/wn but I did read the manga, and is not really ntr, but it does gives the vibe to it since everyone was fucking around except for the mc since he wanted to give his first to a specific type of girl (if I'm not mistaken). Sono mono. nochi ni, I'll probably say read the wn since I've heard the betrayal of his fiance and personality aligns more on the ntr side rater than the ln but that is just from what I've heard.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again, you can't have multiple endings with little to none options, that's NOT how a branching game works, unless the options are just to get different dialogue and get one or two overall endings. This is probably the major problem with this game, you can't have multiple endings without branching options, since the branching will bring different aspects of a character, and ending that can be not only satisfying but also conclusive instead of leaving it half bake. Best way I can say treat each ending as a different universe since it doesn't correlate with the established storyline. My reason, in each ending we get more info from different characters, but the things that we've seen in previous endings doesn't get shown in all the endings. Ex, harry showing his backbone in the first family ending, we never see it again. Laura, twisted love for her mother, only one route and was only shown in the fallen hero ending. Luca willing to ruin harry happiness to prove a childhood trauma, doesn't get seen besides that ending. Laura "deadly" plan, wasn't planned until the ending. It only give us pieces of character traits at the end of the story, rather than be part of the narrative that is being told from harry/laura pov,

just my two cents, sorry for the long paragraphs xD

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shatteredstar

Requiem1102

May 28, 2023
I wasn't expecting someone to know about the doujin since I don't think it'll suit the taste of probably half the ntr fans in this plataform. I appreaciate telling me the name and number, but I think I'll pass on the offer lol since I like my regular ntr with revenge (personal taste) since it leaves a weird sour taste in my mouth and my angry issues doesn't mix with ntr either xD I will agree that those were just became assholes because the mc didn't want to dick them, and treated his place as a sort of brothel for them fuck those two guys instead of keeping it either in their rooms or out of the house. I won't get into it, but I'll admit that the mc was dumb too.

A started reading a harem in the fantasy world dungeon long time ago, never got the chance to continue it, but I might jump into it at some point, but I do have to mention two ln/wn that you might be interested that follows the theme of ntr at some degree, tanaka the wizard and sono mono. nochi ni. I haven't read tanaka ln/wn but I did read the manga, and is not really ntr, but it does gives the vibe to it since everyone was fucking around except for the mc since he wanted to give his first to a specific type of girl (if I'm not mistaken). Sono mono. nochi ni, I'll probably say read the wn since I've heard the betrayal of his fiance and personality aligns more on the ntr side rater than the ln but that is just from what I've heard.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again, you can't have multiple endings with little to none options, that's NOT how a branching game works, unless the options are just to get different dialogue and get one or two overall endings. This is probably the major problem with this game, you can't have multiple endings without branching options, since the branching will bring different aspects of a character, and ending that can be not only satisfying but also conclusive instead of leaving it half bake. Best way I can say treat each ending as a different universe since it doesn't correlate with the established storyline. My reason, in each ending we get more info from different characters, but the things that we've seen in previous endings doesn't get shown in all the endings. Ex, harry showing his backbone in the first family ending, we never see it again. Laura, twisted love for her mother, only one route and was only shown in the fallen hero ending. Luca willing to ruin harry happiness to prove a childhood trauma, doesn't get seen besides that ending. Laura "deadly" plan, wasn't planned until the ending. It only give us pieces of character traits at the end of the story, rather than be part of the narrative that is being told from harry/laura pov,

just my two cents, sorry for the long paragraphs xD
forgot to mention 1 thing earlier about the grooming thing in the cuck ending

luca himself said he didnt want his kids to end up as fucked up as sandra and laura so he wanted them to raise them well so that kinda disproves the whole grooming thing, that and Im sure hc wouldnt want to do something like that lol

Lara Snow

Feb 10, 2020
Thank you so much for the recommendation! All that artists stories are fantastic <3. Sad to see many are in JP or CN only.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shatteredstar

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
forgot to mention 1 thing earlier about the grooming thing in the cuck ending

luca himself said he didnt want his kids to end up as fucked up as sandra and laura so he wanted them to raise them well so that kinda disproves the whole grooming thing, that and Im sure hc wouldnt want to do something like that lol
Well, the grooming part was more of a thing I came out on the fly, not saying I approve of that or expect hc to go that route, but I was just throwing ideas out there.

Also, I find it hilarious that he is willing to raise his kids so they don't end like laura and sandra even after HE was the reason why they turned out that way, seems a bit of a hypocrite on his part on my opinion specially since the only reason why he went after them was because of one guy. Yes, they are secretely sluts and all that jazz, but if it wasn't for luca they wouldn't have come out of their shell. Makes me think of illicit love for some reason xD.

Personal comment: can't wait for A Promise Best Left Unkept 2 where luca daughter and wife gets dicked in front of him by harry son lol

Blanko2

Jan 15, 2018
is anyone else getting an error in the main menu
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Data object (u'https://hangovercatpurrroduction.site/wp/wp-content/uploads/Features/4%20small.jpg') at 0x0000000018c54f10>:
Exception: Could not load image u'https://hangovercatpurrroduction.site/wp/wp-content/uploads/Features/4%20small.jpg': error(u'Unsupported image format',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2605, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 884, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 704, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 747, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1105, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 885, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1337, in render
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 627, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 295, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 765, in load
    return renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(f, self.filename)
  File "renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 160, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'https://hangovercatpurrroduction.site/wp/wp-content/uploads/Features/4%20small.jpg': error(u'Unsupported image format',)

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
A Promise Best Left Unkept 0.9.0
Sat Jun 10 16:04:38 2023

Revo

Jun 18, 2017
Harry's never gonna have a son. He can't get a woman knocked up.
Now, this is a surprised, wasn't expecting to be quoted by you lol

I just want to ask why you may think that? what if he decide to adopt a son? After all, a single person can adopt a child while being single, with certain requirements.
Lucas hate boner for him too strong I bet even if he did have a son luca would murk it frame 1 upon learning about it just out of spite lmao
I don't think I'm familiar with the term "murk it frame 1," can you fill me in?

Requiem1102

May 28, 2023
Now, this is a surprised, wasn't expecting to be quoted by you lol

I just want to ask why you may think that? what if he decide to adopt a son? After all, a single person can adopt a child while being single, with certain requirements.

I don't think I'm familiar with the term "murk it frame 1," can you fill me in?
basically he'd ruin/off the son first chance he gets

RARE2000

Dec 21, 2017
I think Normal is the route for me. Looking at the 'Hero' route? Eesh. Kills my boner, turned into almost homoerotic-flirting on Luca's part. Harry's talented, if socially inept. He has other options.

He only has to kill his Heart. Cut away the love, the compassion and care. Give up on romance. Once bitten twice shy after all, and this cuts deep indeed. Take the pain, forge it into an Armor of Contempt against the world. What does it matter if you become a hateful shadow of the man you were, you will survive.

Personally, I think Oersted is a perfectly reasonable role model. :)

View attachment SinOfOdioPhase1.webp

TLDR: Them hoes ain't loyal Harry. Don't bother, find meaning in life other than women.

Then again, maybe having a spine would help. Ironically, you were too nice to Laura.

Last edited:

Requiem1102

May 28, 2023
I think Normal is the route for me. Looking at the 'Hero' route? Eesh. Kills my boner, turned into almost homoerotic-flirting on Luca's part. Harry's talented, if socially inept. He has other options.

He only has to kill his Heart. Cut away the love, the compassion and care. Give up on romance. Once bitten twice shy after all, and this cuts deep indeed. Take the pain, forge it into an Armor of Contempt against the world. What does it matter if you become a hateful shadow of the man you were, you will survive.

Personally, I think Oersted is a perfectly reasonable role model. :)

View attachment 2687909

TLDR: Them hoes ain't loyal Harry. Don't bother, find meaning in life other than women.

Then again, maybe having a spine would help. Ironically, you were too nice to Laura.
ONG on the tldr

I dont know about giving up on romance altogether though that sounds a bit too harsh, ion see nun wrong with wanting to have a healthy relationship, its just luca being a massive hater cause hes (secretly gay for harry with how much his ass lives rent free in lucas mind) had a different opinion and perspective in life

Harry is a idiot but a good idiot, he doesnt deserve aya though bro was blind as hell and deaf too, couldnt recognize lauras moaning through the wall or when she was clearly lying about her having sex on the phone or webcam, or when he misunderstands laura doesn't want to be put on a pedestal, but at the same time that's just him being nice, but god damn do I DESPISE laura and sandra, more specifically Laura at worst sandra hoes herself out for luca

Laura? That bitch is female luca times a million idfc if she was never gonna be like this until luca came along, the fact its even a possibility in a future with her is insane the whole fucking

“Lets have harry believe his kids were his until they turn 20 then bombshell his ass”

to wanting harry to suffer a few years in comparison to her 1 month, when EVEN LUCA said at worst 2 weeks

domt even get me started on kissing harry at the wedding after giving luca head and having his nut in her mouth

GOD shes such a filthy bitch and desrves the worst, even in the best ending when she murders luca, she still gladly says she enjoyed the sex with luca and made Harry experience living hell to the point bro was considering double homicide suicide and for WHAT

Sure luca is dead but harry lost the promotion, suffered severe mental trauma even worse than the one during highschool, lost the respect of the team and is now seen as a creep stalker

so even if he wanted to leave to a new company ethan wont put in good word for him so hes fucked there

Dont even get me started on her begging luca to fuck her again in that 1 ending when he clearly said he was fine staying out of her life ALL BECAUSE HARRY DIDNT HAVE SEX WITH HER FOR 3 FUCKING DAYS GRAHHHHHHHH

I have never hated a character in a game as much we I have laura, much less a porn game

Like holy shit I hate luca but I LOATHE laura

harry was TOO GOOD FOR HER, she belongs to the streets

I didnt even mention collaborating with luca to get aya raped because laura knew harry would be happier with aya than her, especially during the bits where she said she’d rather harry break than with someone else, or the fact she had the audacity to say if he doesn't stop choosing aya she would start hating him, all while complaining on Luca's lap about not being able to cum just because harry was faithful to her instead of fucking aya in the Ferris wheel, the fucking bitch makes my blood boil christ almighty

Even her own MOTHER whose job is to be a literal PROSTITUTE saw luca was manipulating laura and was screaming about the fact Harry loves her, but what did laura say?

“oh yeah harry thats true but lucas dick though.” Sure luca was goading her with her mother's relationship possibly being fixed but did she forget literally everything else he did? Or was all that mattered was her sick twisted “love” for her mother that even sandra was like “ I didnt want this”, especially after cucking harry right in front of him taking lucas child and ruining the one she swore that she was doing all this fors life in the process why? “Sex innit” point is I abhor laura shes such a sly piece of shit that deserves nothing but the absolute lowest level of hell possible alongside luca of course, she always makes everything harrys problem in the same breath she says that she loves harry she calls him a weakling, in the same breath she says shes doing all this for him, cant even bare to see the possibility that he can find his happiness in someone else like aya

this has been my massive laura rant on why she's is quite literally the most annoying piece of shit person in the whole cast”

Tldr: when laura is nice, she is nice, but when Laura is corrupted shes is worse than luca arguably I bet in the second game if she does end up getting together with luca at the end she gonna reverse ntr aya with harry and then ntr harry with luca just to fuck with him, hell maybe even fucking bring sandra and maya into it as well of her own volition because “Harrys dick wasn't big enough “

damn rereading this I went a lil crazy on the rant apologies LMFAO

one last thing in terms of context

the future ending with the classic ntr reveal is technically the best ending, yes harry loses laura in the worst way possible, but hey shit, luca will probably leave harry alone now cause hes done his job, and then make laura take care of a whole child on her own becoming exactly like her mother a whoring tramp who loses the ability to think the moment theres a dick in em and harry will still be lead of the team and have the respect of everyone and now emotional support too because of the whole video thing and he no longer holds responsebility for someone elses baby which will never be as bad as learning your 2 grown children in their twenties arent yours and your wife is a slut that is a massive piece of trash,, while laura and luca lose their respect and are probably outright fired lol, frankly it can quite literally only get better from here for harry as long as luca decides he finally had enough fun and leaves harrys new lover alone, god I cannot stress enough how much i despise laura and her sick bullshit

Last edited:

geoolympics

Aug 27, 2019
Is there any save file that unlocks all scenes? I cant unlock it for some reason
It's renpy, you can do something like this:
1) Select Extra
2) Choose Ending, then select an ending you want to see
3) Go to settings, make sure skip all text is on
4) Since the endings have no choices, you can just press skip on the menu, come back 2-5 minutes later and it will go all the way to the end unlocking all the scenes in that ending.
5) Enjoy!

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes