VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
'Light' agency is part of the genre. It's easy to point at Atelier Sakura games, but they're not irrelevant. Their games vary wildly from kinetic to two or more endings. When they have more endings on offer, normally one is a 'good' ending. Players get to see what could have been. Sometimes that comes with a lovey sex scene, but always with story details. The credits are reached quickly so the effort is minimal, but it satisfies the want of agency. I agree that normally, if at all, there are few good endings in this genre. Many times those endings are not really 'good' just the relationship between MC and MH doesn't fail immediately. Something like they are together still and most likely the next baby, after the one growing inside her is born, will be MC's.

That 'good' ending doesn't take from the drama of the bad endings, it adds to it. Getting a sense of what the MC is missing, understanding what the wasted opportunities really meant. In so far in this last update, we have seen Aya on top of Luca and Luca inside Aya's mouth. Aside from a few kisses and a very little bit of fondling, we don't have clue what Harry is missing out on. Maybe Harry can get Aya to cum her brains out far better than Luca. Harry's light touch over her clothes nearly set her off, but Luca had to beat Aya's womb and tug her 'larger than average' boobs hard to get her to cum. We just don't know, but maybe we'll see. I doubt Luca's magic dick will fail us in delivering the plot.

The game isn't complete, so it can't be faulted for not having much in the way of 'good' endings. The best example of what I'm referring to in Scars of Summer's lack of MC on MH sexual content. There's a kiss at the end, but nothing else at all. For example, MH doesn't have the chance to suck MC's dick, spit his cum into a tissue due to it being bitter, let him play with her boobs, then put a halt to that and give her virginity to one of the antags. The emotionally charged and emotionally dampened sexual events have no balance. Basic story telling has highs and lows. The 'hero's journey' is one of the best, just like the clumsy hero ending in this game. One if the best imho, most of the characters have great arcs in that ending. Still wish for more solid narrative landing though.

Oh, for Aya fans seems the bonus scene #5 will feature Aya. Not just her, but she's in it, having sex, judging from the preview it's from the back. Any angle on Aya's nude bum would be great, given all the comments on it in the story.
Atalier Sakura games are netorase not netorare, Are you talking about netorase or netorare games? Because I've not played any Atelier Sakura netorare game let alone one with multiple good endings. Their games got nothing to offer for me. What is even good ending in netorase game? Or maybe it is easier to ask what is bad ending in netorase game given that any ending where MC gets cucked is good one since that is what he desired. (not a serious question just emphasis on how different those two genres are).

Like i said there will be good ending and one is enough to get that "what he is missing feel". In case you wanted it to be earlier ending - I will remind that ending order past normal one was decided by vote.

@ taking away from the drama - If you don't like good ending you can just not play it, so in that sense it doesn't take away (some people just don't want to see MC happy). However it is taking away from content, every "vanilla" scene is one ntr scene less. So understandably people that get nothing out of good endings will be against spending resources on those.

@ Scars of Summer - that may be on purpose, the game is about anguish of powerlessly watching others have fun with the girl, while MC did not even confess his feelings. Having route where MC has time with girl would be a form of comfort and thus taking away from the main goal of the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Shatteredstar

NTR Sommelier

May 29, 2022
Atalier Sakura games are netorase not netorare, sorry i just don't play their games they got nothing to offer for me. What is even good ending in netorase game? Or maybe it is easier to ask what is bad ending in netorase game given that any ending where MC gets cucked is good one since that is what he desired. (not a serious question just emphasis on how different those two genres are).

Like i said there will be good ending and one is enough to get that "what he is missing feel". In case you wanted it to be earlier ending - I will remind that ending order past normal one was decided by vote.

@ taking away from the drama - If you don't like good ending you can just not play it, so in that sense it doesn't take away (some people just don't want to see MC happy). However it is taking away from content, every "vanilla" scene is one ntr scene less. So understandably people that get nothing out of good endings will be against spending resources on those.

@ Scars of Summer - that may be on purpose, the game is about anguish of powerlessly watching others have fun with the girl, while MC did not even confess his feelings. Having route where MC has time with girl would be a form of comfort and thus taking away from the main goal of the game.
You are wrong. There are true NTR Games from Atelier Sakura, like this one:
images.jpeg

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
All this talk about lack of agency has me thinking that maybe that's why I don't really play NTR games.
Except for I think three games on here

I'm the kind of guy who likes games that have tons of different choices to shape the mc into my kind of person.
And I have found I normally don't get that In NTR or harem games.
It certainly makes me think anyway.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
Let me guess, does not have English translation ? Does it have any relevance for the discussion about good endings?
Every their game that I've come across here was netorase and assuming you are self inserting. Not my type of games.
sometimes they have netorase that turn more into netorare, like a bad ending

Reactions: Shatteredstar

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Translation or not. You claimed Atelier Sakura is all Netorase. That claim is wrong.
They are known for their netorase games... that better?

Let me correct myself here too ...
'Light' agency is part of the genre. It's easy to point at Atelier Sakura games, but they're not irrelevant. Their games vary wildly from kinetic to two or more endings. When they have more endings on offer, normally one is a 'good' ending. Players get to see what could have been. Sometimes that comes with a lovey sex scene, but always with story details. The credits are reached quickly so the effort is minimal, but it satisfies the want of agency. I agree that normally, if at all, there are few good endings in this genre. Many times those endings are not really 'good' just the relationship between MC and MH doesn't fail immediately. Something like they are together still and most likely the next baby, after the one growing inside her is born, will be MC's.
Are you talking about netorase or netorare games? Because I've not played any Atelier Sakura netorare game let alone one with multiple good endings.

Some people just ignore the point and focus on some inconsistency irrelevant for the discussion resident-sleeper.png

ginelofki

Feb 29, 2020
i prefer my ntr like my coffee with dirty talk, suggestion and manipulation, rape is a cheap move of a script to any ntr
FzIBu9QWAAAXy_U.jpg

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes