VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Scoreplane248

Dec 26, 2020
That bar scene with Aya is probably my favorite scene in the entire game and it's not even a sex scene! It was so wholesome and the single best characterization of both Aya and Harry. In that one scene I liked Harry and Aya more as characters than at any other point in this game. They felt like actual people having a real convo with each other. More of that would be nice
Same...probably because,as you said, it's when the characters feel like actual people....in other, stupid ntr logic went out the window for one blessed moment...only to be brought back full force and me needing to ask myself why I just can't let go of my morbid curiosity and stop playing games like these that I KNOW will end with me hating every character (Aya less so...but that's probably gonna change as she gets Luca'd into a typical ntr slut character) and feeling like I wasted my time.

Almost makes those moments feel like bait, fr.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Same...probably because,as you said, it's when the characters feel like actual people....in other, stupid ntr logic went out the window for one blessed moment...only to be brought back full force and me needing to ask myself why I just can't let go of my morbid curiosity and stop playing games like these that I KNOW will end with me hating every character (Aya less so...but that's probably gonna change as she gets Luca'd into a typical ntr slut character) and feeling like I wasted my time.

Almost makes those moments feel like bait, fr.
I agree. I think NTR games, and games in general, need more instances of actually good dialogue and characterization like that one scene. In it, we as the viewer are able to connect to Harry and Aya and their emotions, as well as the 2 characters themselves being able to connect and better understand one another. Most of the time I feel the characters are only there to move the plot forward so they end up not feeling like actual people. This explains why immediately after that scene there's no more depth to Harry. He goes right back into the bumbling moron no one likes because him and the other characters are just there to act as vehicles to deliver the fetishes. Which, don't get me wrong, a game does need to deliver the fetishes just not at the expense of creating good and compelling characters

Reactions: Scoreplane248

Scoreplane248

Dec 26, 2020
I agree. I think NTR games, and games in general, need more instances of actually good dialogue and characterization like that one scene. In it, we as the viewer are able to connect to Harry and Aya and their emotions, as well as the 2 characters themselves being able to connect and better understand one another. Most of the time I feel the characters are only there to move the plot forward so they end up not feeling like actual people. This explains why immediately after that scene there's no more depth to Harry. He goes right back into the bumbling moron no one likes because him and the other characters are just there to act as vehicles to deliver the fetishes. Which, don't get me wrong, a game does need to deliver the fetishes just not at the expense of creating good and compelling characters
Pretty much. If this game was just about the fantasy, then it arguably wouldn't be an issue...but then it has little moments like that and I can't help but wonder for a moment.

Ultimately, I think the kind of fetish NTR usually caters to is arguably incompatible with the subject matter being used for more compelling drama...cause it arguably would cause the entire fantasy to fall to pieces when consequences and proper character development ensues. At least, that's how I see it.

Either way...I think I'm just going to try to stay away from this game from now on. My curiosity just isn't worth it since it's nowhere near my fetish.

Traveroro

Oct 11, 2019
There's almost as much lewd featuring Laura in these updates despite this supposedly being Aya's route, as if Laura didn't got enough screen time in the ten previous paths where she's the main. At this point I literally just hold ctrl whenever her perspective plays.

Though at least the bits between Aya and mr chad were more fappable this update. I actually like that Luca seems into her and there's a slight power dynamic going on. With Laura I always felt his behavior was overly detached and mechanical. Like he was some robot designed to act cool and make women squirt, without getting into it himself. Him being so above it all (a borderline comical projection of how a smooth guy approaches sex) makes the scenes less hot, since the guy actually lusting for the other's wife is part of what makes ntr hot.

lkjhgfdfghjkl

Jul 1, 2021
There's almost as much lewd featuring Laura in these updates despite this supposedly being Aya's route, as if Laura didn't got enough screen time in the ten previous paths where she's the main. At this point I literally just hold ctrl whenever her perspective plays.
Aya's route branches off early from the kiss at the hotel, this is her path on Laura's route. Apparently we're just meant to be getting a taste rn without spoiling too much of the fun
This was explained to you months ago

rangabang

May 4, 2021

Though at least the bits between Aya and mr chad were more fappable this update. I actually like that Luca seems into her and there's a slight power dynamic going on. With Laura I always felt his behavior was overly detached and mechanical. Like he was some robot designed to act cool and make women squirt, without getting into it himself. Him being so above it all (a borderline comical projection of how a smooth guy approaches sex) makes the scenes less hot, since the guy actually lusting for the other's wife is part of what makes ntr hot.
This may be Aya's route, but it's still in Laura's path.
Aya's path is coming later

metagrossrj

Jun 2, 2023
Still curious about what Laura's motive was to tell Harry to go on a date with Aya. What's her intention? I don't really get it.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Came back to see how the thread was going, and damn. The number of hurt feelings here is just off the chart. Please, guys, stop talking about my game like that, you're going to make me blush.

View attachment 2754394
Quick question but when will the current route/path/ending/etc be finished? I am waiting to play it all in 1 go (the current Aya route/path i mean)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This game is shit!

It's a damn kinetic novel no choices and you can see that after he pulled the shit with the USB stick that she is now being blackmailed! MC is a fucking idiot not to see it! It's so fucking obvious that it is horribly written I could not stand to read this kinetic novel anymore and deleted.

1. NTR is handled awfully
2. MC is a fucking idiot moron that has no redeeming qualities (supposed to be in IT but has the brain of a peon! Insult to my profession! Never seen anyone in IT with no brains like this IDIOT!)
3. Game Play: 1/5 (there is none it's a damn kinetic novel! without proper tag!)
4. Sound: 3/5
5. Art: 4/5 (it has animation only thing redeemable for this KN)

Rating: 2/5

Dev I'm insulted you insulted my profession like this! IT people think logically and we think linearly so we can see when something does not make sense! Point A leads to Point B NOT A to C! I have worked in IT for decades now and I have NEVER seen anyone in IT that can't figure out something is wrong! We do not think like a random abstract thinking so just as I figured it out that he was blackmailing her the moment she started acting strange after she asked about the USB! So would ANYONE in IT! I'm so disgusted by how the developer insulted a profession where intelligence and problem solving are the TWO MAIN aspects for this position and than make an MC that can't do problem solving in IT! We have to figure out the problem by users description EVERY DAY! THIS KINETIC NOVEL IS INSULTING!

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This game is shit!

It's a damn kinetic novel no choices and you can see that after he pulled the shit with the USB stick that she is now being blackmailed! MC is a fucking idiot not to see it! It's so fucking obvious that it is horribly written I could not stand to read this kinetic novel anymore and deleted.

2. MC is a fucking idiot moron that has no redeeming qualities (supposed to be in IT but has the brain of a peon! Insult to my profession! Never seen anyone in IT with no brains like this IDIOT!)
3. Game Play: 1/5 (there is none it's a damn kinetic novel! without proper tag!)

Dev I'm insulted you insulted my profession like this! IT people think logically and we think linearly so we can see when something does not make sense! Point A leads to Point B NOT A to C! I have worked in IT for decades now and I have NEVER seen anyone in IT that can't figure out something is wrong! We do not think like a random abstract thinking so just as I figured it out that he was blackmailing her the moment she started acting strange after she asked about the USB! So would ANYONE in IT! I'm so disgusted by how the developer insulted a profession where intelligence and problem solving are the TWO MAIN aspects for this position and than make an MC that can't do problem solving in IT! We have to figure out the problem by users description EVERY DAY! THIS KINETIC NOVEL IS INSULTING!
Wow, your big IT brain must have been working overtime to figure out that this story starts with blackmail. It must have required insane deductive powers because it was totally supposed to be a mystery to the readers. NOT.

The readers and the characters have different information because the readers have meta knowledge of the genre tropes, of the character archetypes, the usual story beats, and the intended character arcs. Not to mention the narrative intent behind the whole set up wasn't anything close to a mystery. That's giving you the benefit of doubt and assuming you played this on Harry only POV. If you played with omniscient POV, your post is even more laughable.

I guess your IT brain isn't quite as capable of empathy or imagining how a different person could react to the same situations, because Harry had no reason to doubt anything Laura says at that point their relationship.

Plus, why are you speaking on behalf of every IT person lol. Your post doesn't paint "IT people" in a very positive light, nor does it come off as intelligent or logical. If I was a fellow IT person, I would disown you.

Edit: Damn, I'm trying not to be a dick these days, but the bait was strong with this one.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
isn't harry an app developer?
it's sad to know this fictional story is insulting and hurtful for IT guys:cry:
how could the developer not notice?!? he probably isn't an IT guy.

Necronomicon82

Apr 1, 2020
This game is shit!

So in another word you're a troll? I looked at your profile and at your posts and all you do is call games shit. I guess its your way to get attention? Its ok buddy, just be yourself and some people might still like you. No need to call everything shit just for attention.

Reactions: Leider
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes