VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
The dev is really great, so far he always tries to release the update for all at the end of the month, lets see if this one as well....or someone else leaks it then xD

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
The dev is really great, so far he always tries to release the update for all at the end of the month, lets see if this one as well....or someone else leaks it then xD
lol what he hasn't released a single update on f95 besides the very first one all the other updates are leaks

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
All the F95 updates has been done with the developer's permission which is why the updates show up here after 10 days. He is updating the links on the front page too.
holy that's not how this works at all. the mods update the threads when someone shares a new game link first of all. why would he fuck over his patreons by just giving out the game for free why would anyone subscribe to him. hes asked people to wait to leak the game that's it. if someone did leak it he would have zero control of if this thread get updated or not. the only reason the thread doesn't get updated right away is because people so far have respected him asking to not leak it right away, thats a far cry from him putting it out himself. every update to this game on this thread besides the first has come from someone other than the dev.

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
This is a piracy forum, no one gives a fuck about developer's permission. People do however, give a fuck about supporting the developer and leaking the updates only after every single patreon tier has the access to them as well.
like how are people this out of touch i don't know where they got the idea that the dev is leaking his own game to just screw over his patreon

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
like how are people this out of touch i don't know where they got the idea that the dev is leaking his own game to just screw over his patreon
I don't believe he would let the game be here for free without getting something out of it. After letting this patrons get the game first, then he lets the game get released in other places so more people plays it. If more people plays it, the more likely he will get more patrons willing to pay him to get the game sooner. I became his patron after playing the free game here.

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
I don't believe he would let the game be here for free without getting something out of it. After letting this patrons get the game first, then he lets the game get released in other places so more people plays it. If more people plays it, the more likely he will get more patrons willing to pay him to get the game sooner. I became his patron after playing the free game here.
I want to make it clear that I’m not the one personally updating this thread. I don’t mind people sharing the game—though I appreciate that they wait a little—but I am not leaking it myself. I did it for The Edge Of, but I’m not doing it for this one. The reason is rather simple. I’m not sharing it with my 1$ tier patrons, so I can’t in good conscience share it for free on a piracy site. I’m not against piracy. I think it’s certainly one of the factors why my Patreon page gained so much traction, but I think it would be ethically wrong on my part to be the one sharing it.

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
this is what ur not getting " I don't believe he would let the game be here. he lets the game get released in other places" he isnt letting anything he is a non factor to this thread. its nice that hes here to talk to us about the game but if he wasn't this thread would still be up. we arer pirate forum we steal things how is this hard. we steal things its what we do here

Reactions: Jute

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
BTW HC, congrats on getting so much support! I just noticed you're close to meeting another goal! Hope you keep getting support as you put in all the hard work you're doing.

aqq88

May 14, 2020
its 42 $ short to reach the 3rd goal that is
Two extra CGs per release
With this goal, I’ll be able to afford more CGs for scenes that would normally not have any illustration (not necessarily of sexual nature). I should be able to guarantee at least two extra CGs per release, if not more.

keep up the awesome work :)

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
With this goal, I’ll be able to afford more CGs for scenes that would normally not have any illustration (not necessarily of sexual nature). I should be able to guarantee at least two extra CGs per release, if not more.

Hopefully it stays that way xD

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
BTW HC, congrats on getting so much support! I just noticed you're close to meeting another goal! Hope you keep getting support as you put in all the hard work you're doing.

Thanks, guys! It’s really great knowing I can keep doing what I love without stressing out over the budget or putting food on the table. Makes me want to be even more productive.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Great game, still working through it.

A mild criticisms of the writing: Don't have the protagonist point out "this is unusual behavior from her" or "she's acting different" when the girl is just moving slightly differently or having a pretty normal demeanor. (For the protag to think "she has changed" is basically to tell the player that, behind the scenes, she was unfaithful or something, even though the player/protag shouldn't know that.) For the protagonist to explicitly think "she's acting strange", there should be some obvious sign from the girl's behavior and the CG itself. Let the difference in behavior come out gradually through subtle signs, don't announce it suddenly.

A second, very minor point: In the first scene where the protagonist hears his neighbor at night, and we learn it's Lucas from work, that's disorienting. The office apartment situation should be explained prior to this scene, not after (or in) it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lushlife
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes