VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
So the action is still on one girl?
Yes, it's only on Laura right now and will be for several more updates as HC has said the plan is to work on her path first and then do Aya later. So the next few updates are going to be all about Laura and several months down the road after several if not all of her endings are added, he'll go back to add Aya's content once that's done. If you're holding out for Aya, then you're gonna be waiting a long while.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
After playing v0.3.5 I really want Laura's story to end. I think it is like watching something that can't fight back being tortured. At least before she could at least put up a somewhat effective offensive to try to keep the battle even. Now it is obvious she has lost and any counter is just desperation. Luca is just playing with her while setting up for the kill. He is basically beating an almost dead horse. Now watching Laura is just makes me sad.

Last edited:

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
After playing v0.3.5 I really want Laura's story to end. I think it is like watching something that can't fight back being tortured. At least before she could at least put up a somewhat effective offensive to try to keep the battle even. Now it is obvious she has lost and any counter is just desperation. Luca is just playing with her while setting up for the kill. He is basically beating an almost dead horse. Now watching Laura is just makes me sad.
Yes, but watching him beat that dead horse makes me want to beat something else if you catch my meaning.

Get it? 'Beat something else'?...

...I'm talking about my dick.

*Ahem*

Anyway, don't worry. HC said that Harry is going to get at least one happy ending. Just try and enjoy the trainwreck that is Laura until then.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...I am a bad person.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I think I remember hearing HC saying the endings will start from the next release so I know I am complaining on something that won't be an issue soon. But watching the scene when Laura
really made me realize I am watching a one-sided beatdown. Hopefully I am the only one who did not enjoy that and everyone else is enjoying the release like always.

Last edited:

badboi6969

Feb 2, 2022
A) is not all, b) people still waited until NOW, c) that is like saying you won't grab a 100$ bill if you see on the floor

d) pretty sure this was bait but it really anoyed me

Anyway relax people it most likely will be uploaded by someone after they finish it or some of the higher tiers wants to share.
A) I doubt people who frequent piracy sites will have strong self control to not download the latest version once they see it pop up in the page and see others enjoy it. If they really had the morals to hold back, would they even be here? But of course, there are exceptions but I was talking about the majority.
B) People "waited" cuz nobody uploaded, confirming my point
C) Some will take the 100$ bill while some won't. I don't see what your point is here. I was talking about the audience in this site.

ginelofki

Feb 29, 2020
damn will smith smacking chrisrock that cliffhanger laura betraying mc in a executive meeting I really felt it, there is a point of no return in the story I really hope MC end with aya in one possible ending I like ntr but I also like happy endings the bad ending is for the fap and the good ending to cure the soul :3

Aug 16, 2018
Just finished playing the game for the first time. To maximize effectiveness when playing all perspectives I only went for Harry's perspective first. Man did it have the opposite intended effect though.

Harry as a character is well written (his later blindness notwithstanding) with rich background, goals and issues - the way he tried to move past his school days and partially succeeded, hoping to be worthy of his girlfriend, trying to work through their new founded relationship issues and being a (too) supportive boyfriend.

HangoverCat has done such a great job of setting up Harry as a sympathetic person that I started rooting for him rather than enjoying the corruption of Laura. As for his willing blindness, his trauma had to have been so great that though his gut points out all the red flags, his mind represses them all while keeping note of them.

I know I haven't seen Laura's POV and I'm guessing Harry's fuckup with the USB but after 0.3.5 I don't think I can sympathize with her anymore. While Aya is supportive of him at all times, her support when he was about have a panic attack in the latest meeting probably delayed the inevitable realization of what's going on.

At this point though all I want for him is to get out of these toxic relationships and find a better place to work.

That said, I will play the game again after its finished.

Tl;Dr: Came to fap, started (futilely) rooting for Harry, can't fap anymore.

PS: HangoverCat I did subscribe yesterday to your patreon regardless

Last edited:

johnreturns

Oct 13, 2020
It's fun to watch someone lose, but I always appreciate a golden path that actually leads to a good end. There's plenty of games with good canonical ends that have bad ends along the way, but if you're all corruption all the way there's got to be a shot at redemption. I admit that I hoped for more choices, so that armed with foreknowledge there's a chance to make it work.

Granted, I spend all my time on things going wrong but I at least like the chance for things to go right.

johnreturns

Oct 13, 2020
Just finished playing the game for the first time. To maximize effectiveness when playing all perspectives I only went for Harry's perspective first. Man did it have the opposite intended effect though.

Harry as a character is well written (his later blindness notwithstanding) with rich background, goals and issues - the way he tried to move past his school days and partially succeeded, hoping to be worthy of his girlfriend, trying to work through their new founded relationship issues and being a (too) supportive boyfriend.

HangoverCat has done such a great job of setting up Harry as a sympathetic person that I started rooting for him rather than enjoying the corruption of Laura. As for his willing blindness, his trauma had to have been so great that though his gut points out all the red flags, his mind represses them all while keeping note of them.

At this point though all I want for him is to get out of this toxic relationship and find a better place to work. Also a healing relationship would do him good. I know I haven't seen Laura's POV but after .3.5 I don't think I can sympathize with her.

That said, I will play the game again after its finished.

Tl;Dr: Came to fap, started (futilely) rooting for Harry, can't fap anymore.

PS: HangoverCat I did subscribe yesterday to your patreon regardless
I feel you. I was with Laura up to a point because she was smart. "I see what you're doing and I call bullshit" and it would have been nice to have a branch where you "Tell Harry he fucked up with the USB drive" or "Just go next door". If Harry's that far into advancement, they really could have set up something together where we see the same scenes with Luca but it's all an engineered front so they come out ahead. "I can outlast the dick that makes girls scream through the walls" approach didn't really work out for her.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I'm surprised we haven't gotten more details on certain things yet, stuff like the details of what Luca did to Harry in the past and why Luca is so defensive about his mother are the main questions. I'm also surprised that there wasn't a difference in how the last meeting goes. I would've thought that

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I am really hoping there will be a happy ending for Harry. Liked the update, but man, I really feel bad for him. Maybe an ending where he finally sees what is truly going on and he can just up and leave it all and move on to a better life for himself. Even with Aya maybe, who has constantly been in his corner (even though, rather stalkerish lol).

At the end of that meeting, I just wanted Harry to walk out without a word to Laura. It would of felt good, after the way Laura had treated Harry lately. Just to return it. Aya was there for him, supported him and kept him calm throughout all that.

Just please let there be an ending where Harry finally just says screw you and walks off to a better life lol. Just really feel bad for him and need a Harry win somewhere. :p

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Although hope springs eternal, I do not foresee a happy end for Harry. The dude is totally doomed. He's basically stuck in a country-western music song. Let's hope he doesn't have a dog or a truck to lose.

1648799263839.png

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes