VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
But it hurts bro
I like the discussion you guys have on this game and I'm amazed at people who play these games without feeling bad, no matter how hard I try I can't, it will haunt me for hours. I wish someday I will be able to :Kappa:
Yeah, this game does get me down. I have to be in a very specific mood for a game like this and when I am done with it I need to take a palate cleanser just to cheer me up. Something authentically funny like Power Vaccum or Monkey Business. Because while this game is hilarious it also is a bit of a bummer and always seems to leave an update on a sour note.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Yeah, this game does get me down. I have to be in a very specific mood for a game like this and when I am done with it I need to take a palate cleanser just to cheer me up. Something authentically funny like Power Vaccum or Monkey Business. Because while this game is hilarious it also is a bit of a bummer and always seems to leave an update on a sour note.
Ok i must be a sadist because i don't feel bad at all......

Mar 16, 2022
Luca is a motherfucking asshole is what he is. I always end up hating characters like him so much I can't keep playing. I like unforced NTR (not all NTR is by force / blackmail) in games, but once in a while I'll try a game with unavoidable NTR to leave my comfort zone. I always fail in the end. That angsty unpleasant feeling I get when the cheating starts, I just can't handle it. It's not because I'm insecure or afraid my wife would ever cheat on me. I just don't like that uneasy feeling, which is probably what NTR fans love in the first place.

The game is great though. Beautiful CG, well-written story and compelling characters (except for Luca, who's an asshat). Keep up the good work HangoverCat.

Mar 16, 2022
But it hurts bro
I like the discussion you guys have on this game and I'm amazed at people who play these games without feeling bad, no matter how hard I try I can't, it will haunt me for hours. I wish someday I will be able to :Kappa:
I know the feeling bro. I get this uneasy feeling when I start getting closer to the start of the NTR content and then I gotta stop playing. I kept playing this game until the MC thought he heard Laura's sexy moans from Luca's apartment and when he woke up the next morning she was gone. I keep coming back to these games for some reason though. Idk why that is.

Here's a question for you NTR fans and connoisseurs. Does NTR have to be forced, either by blackmail or other means?

Reactions: SpecterX

matsuy

Sep 15, 2017
Stuff that really needs to be addressed / incorporated in future releases:

1. Why does Luca hate Harry so much? (Or: Is Luca being a bully reason enough for his actions?)
2. What exactly did Luca do to Harry in high school? (...Maya!?)
3. What's up with Luca's mother (resp., Luca's relationship to his mother)?

PS: I mean, none of that actually needs to be addressed -- HangoverCat might decide to leave it a mystery ...but I so badly want to know.

Last edited:

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I know the feeling bro. I get this uneasy feeling when I start getting closer to the start of the NTR content and then I gotta stop playing. I kept playing this game until the MC thought he heard Laura's sexy moans from Luca's apartment and when he woke up the next morning she was gone. I keep coming back to these games for some reason though. Idk why that is.

Here's a question for you NTR fans and connoisseurs. Does NTR have to be forced, either by blackmail or other means?
I lost the thread, but there was one here that had a list of recommendation for NTR games while breaking them down by their three types. I think type A is the girl willingly cheats on her man and he never finds out, type B is she unwillingly cheats and he doesn't find out, and then type C is where she cheats and he does find out. I might be off slightly on the descriptions, but I think you're asking about type A netorare content where the girl willing sleeps around behind the man's back and yes there are some games like that. If you're looking for ones where she willingly sleeps around while he knows and permits it, then you're just looking for sharing content.

Btw, that scene is currently my favorite scene in the whole game!

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
*trying to come off as non-offensive as I can*

I think the reason why most can't handle NTR games and feel hurt or pissed is because most players here love to self-insert themselves into the game. They pretend the MC is them, so when bad things happens, they take it way too personal. They get so invested into the story and characters, but not as a reader. So when said MC gets cheated on, they feel like those characters are cheating on them in real life, and they get all the feelings that come with it.

Thus why most prefer their "one dick to rule them all" harem games. They are self-inserting themselves as the MC, so they don't want bad things to happen cause they take it personally and feel like it is happening to them in real life (pretty sure you've seen this behavior on these forums a lot, especially in Ocean's threads lol).

Personally, I'm in the minority of those who don't self-insert. I never see the MC as myself, I just read a story for the story like when reading a book or watching a movie. I still get emotionally invested in the characters and the story, but it's from a reader's perspective not a personal one. What happens in these stories is all fiction and it doesn't affect my personal life. It's a choose your own adventure book.

Not trying to judge anyone or offend, I just notice that a lot of people on these forums tend to take these visual novels way too personal and treat it like it is their real life. I feel if people would just enjoy the story for what it is instead of attaching themselves to it personally by self-inserting, then these type of visual novels wouldn't bother them so much. But that's just my opinion on it.

kusobaba

May 23, 2018
Heh, I'm the rare minority of someone who self-insert as the girl.

It's also why I really love reverse NTR.

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
*trying to come off as non-offensive as I can*

I think the reason why most can't handle NTR games and feel hurt or pissed is because most players here love to self-insert themselves into the game. They pretend the MC is them, so when bad things happens, they take it way too personal. They get so invested into the story and characters, but not as a reader. So when said MC gets cheated on, they feel like those characters are cheating on them in real life, and they get all the feelings that come with it.

Thus why most prefer their "one dick to rule them all" harem games. They are self-inserting themselves as the MC, so they don't want bad things to happen cause they take it personally and feel like it is happening to them in real life (pretty sure you've seen this behavior on these forums a lot, especially in Ocean's threads lol).

Personally, I'm in the minority of those who don't self-insert. I never see the MC as myself, I just read a story for the story like when reading a book or watching a movie. I still get emotionally invested in the characters and the story, but it's from a reader's perspective not a personal one. What happens in these stories is all fiction and it doesn't affect my personal life. It's a choose your own adventure book.

Not trying to judge anyone or offend, I just notice that a lot of people on these forums tend to take these visual novels way too personal and treat it like it is their real life. I feel if people would just enjoy the story for what it is instead of attaching themselves to it personally by self-inserting, then these type of visual novels wouldn't bother them so much. But that's just my opinion on it.
That is exactly how i see it too. I hated ntr all my life. Back then i didn't even know it was called ntr. So I was thinking how do i overcome the fear of ntr? How do i get rid those uneasy feeling? And someday i realized that i always self insert myself as the mc whenever i play these kind of games, that's where i was wrong. So i try to change it, i stopped pretending that i'm the mc of the story, and everything else is just how you described it. And since i stopped pretending as the MC, i can play anything now, any fetish, any genre without so much complaining. I'm free. So,100% agree with you on this cause that's my personal experience.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, there is a new NTR game called Four Seasons on the board and half the posts are just folks who can't grasp why it is NTR if it is just the bully fucking the character's mom. That is like the unseen chapter one of this story, where Luca probably banged Harry's mom. Then his old GF. Then Laura's mom. Then this would be the fourth season I suppose. Why he is so invested in ruining this random couple is anybody's guess.

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
The problem isn't hating to self insert in ntr per se, it's ok to not like stuff after all, there is a reason there are so many fetishes around.
It's about being an asshole about it in discussions boards about the games (going to threads properly tagged as ntr to insult everyone requires a special kind of mindset), or even worse, a complete psycho with stuff like sending threats to devs or artists, and reacting like it actually happened to them in real life as you said.
I've seen my fair share of dark fetishes, but even stuff like guro doesn't have that level of insanity around it.
They literally react like a soccer mom discovering her first hentai rape manga online, completely freaking out.

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Heh, I'm the rare minority of someone who self-insert as the girl.

It's also why I really love reverse NTR.
I "half" self insert personally, kinda like I'm some kind of conscience inside the mc brain, but cohabiting with mc one, if that makes any sense :D.
So it's more of game between watching the voyeur stuff with the corruption of the girl, and seeing mc happily live without noticing that he's being betrayed.
IMO it's more complicated than 100% self insert or fully be out of any character.

Reactions: server404

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Yeah, there is a new NTR game called Four Seasons on the board and half the posts are just folks who can't grasp why it is NTR if it is just the bully fucking the character's mom. That is like the unseen chapter one of this story, where Luca probably banged Harry's mom. Then his old GF. Then Laura's mom. Then this would be the fourth season I suppose. Why he is so invested in ruining this random couple is anybody's guess.
Mmm i would consider that ntr if its really a bully fucking the mom because it is someone who is antagonistic tot he MC and the who the mom should depsise/avoid on principle, if it was just some ramdom kid, friend or even some old guy she meet then even if it was labeled ntr i wouldn't consider it since there is nothing wrong in the mom dating (well if its a friend it could be illegal but that is another genre xD).

Many people fail to grasp that ntr is about breaking bonds, not just paper relationships, like if a married couple don't really love each other is barely ntr since at most is only about a sense of responsability, is why sometimes ntr with higshool love, moms or even sisters can be better soemtimes than with a married couple.

Is funny because i even remember a game where the real ntr can be considered to happen when the MC's best friend (male) abandons him lol, i mean because he was the only character to truly like the MC and be on his side so that was the only real bond he had to lost (and he did in 1 route or 2)

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
HangoverCat I'm guessing it's just something that got overlooked, but I just recently noticed that the "Harry's perspective only" path ends after the 3.0 content still rather than including the latest scenes. I doubt many have noticed if anyone since you miss out on like 97% of the game that way, but it caught me by surprise when I was trying to go back and check exactly what he's seen or heard since everyone was talking about what he should've noticed and things Laura should've done to catch Luca. Just figured I'd point it out and ask if it was an oversight. Also curious if after the endings start getting added, or maybe during paths where Harry starts realizing what's going on, is the game going to then take players back through the game with other perspectives like in your previous game(s) or perhaps some sort of flashback scene as Harry learns about the details so players can see what scenes they missed perhaps?

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes