VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
HangoverCat I'm guessing it's just something that got overlooked, but I just recently noticed that the "Harry's perspective only" path ends after the 3.0 content still rather than including the latest scenes. I doubt many have noticed if anyone since you miss out on like 97% of the game that way, but it caught me by surprise when I was trying to go back and check exactly what he's seen or heard since everyone was talking about what he should've noticed and things Laura should've done to catch Luca. Just figured I'd point it out and ask if it was an oversight. Also curious if after the endings start getting added, or maybe during paths where Harry starts realizing what's going on, is the game going to then take players back through the game with other perspectives like in your previous game(s) or perhaps some sort of flashback scene as Harry learns about the details so players can see what scenes they missed perhaps?
There is a bug, you need to start from the begining or before the cinema date, i mentioned it earlier

Reactions: WhiteFireDaemon

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Ah, I just went back to check and you're right. It seems the last choice is where the bug is. If you choose "Stay with Aya" the game ends, but if you choose "Go find Laura" then it'll keep going with the latest scenes. Kinda weird tbh...but thanks for pointing that out.

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
HangoverCat I'm guessing it's just something that got overlooked, but I just recently noticed that the "Harry's perspective only" path ends after the 3.0 content still rather than including the latest scenes. I doubt many have noticed if anyone since you miss out on like 97% of the game that way, but it caught me by surprise when I was trying to go back and check exactly what he's seen or heard since everyone was talking about what he should've noticed and things Laura should've done to catch Luca. Just figured I'd point it out and ask if it was an oversight. Also curious if after the endings start getting added, or maybe during paths where Harry starts realizing what's going on, is the game going to then take players back through the game with other perspectives like in your previous game(s) or perhaps some sort of flashback scene as Harry learns about the details so players can see what scenes they missed perhaps?
It is a bug... or more like a line of code that I forgot to add. Thanks for pointing it out. And no, you will have to replay the game with the ‘all perspectives’ option chosen at the beginning. Unfortunately, Laura’s perspective can’t be read on its own.

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
Stuff that really needs to be addressed / incorporated in future releases:

1. Why does Luca hate Harry so much? (Or: Is Luca being a bully reason enough for his actions?)
2. What exactly did Luca do to Harry in high school? (...Maya!?)
3. What's up with Luca's mother (resp., Luca's relationship to his mother)?

PS: I mean, none of that actually needs to be addressed -- HangoverCat might decide to leave it a mystery ...but I so badly want to know.
All of that stuff will be addressed to some extent. Some answers are very vague and most of the information is scattered throughout all the endings so I don’t know how satisfied you will be, but yes, answers will be given.

Izalith

Sep 15, 2019
TBF if you're cheering for the chad wife stealer it's probably a poorly made netorare lol. Then it's more netori where you empathize with the guy stealing shit from others.

Whole point of netorare is to make players feel like saltmines and ragefap. However, I do think that including meaningful choices (and pure routes) makes the netorare routes even saltier/better. At the moment there's no emotional investment in the girls when you know they're getting fucked regardless what you do.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
All of that stuff will be addressed to some extent. Some answers are very vague and most of the information is scattered throughout all the endings so I don’t know how satisfied you will be, but yes, answers will be given.
I hope Luca is just a bastard bully, a pseudo sociopath, etc. Points is i hope he doesn't have an excuse (well the enviroment where he grew up could be blammed anyway but i hope its not used as a reason), i don't want symphaty for the villain here. In general in ntr i prefer when the netori guy is evil instead of someone missguided or out for revenge, etc

dafcxzfcx

Mar 28, 2022
I hope Luca is just a bastard bully, a pseudo sociopath, etc. Points is i hope he doesn't have an excuse (well the enviroment where he grew up could be blammed anyway but i hope its not used as a reason), i don't want symphaty for the villain here. In general in ntr i prefer when the netori guy is evil instead of someone missguided or out for revenge, etc
I think it's okay if there's any story about Luca bothering Harry. Because I think it's a good story for Laura to listen to it and despise Harry and help her corrupt. like this, Everyone has different preferences. The worst thing is that HC listens to some people's opinions and deviates from the plot he has chosen.

Last edited:

matsuy

Sep 15, 2017
I think it's okay to have a story about Luca hating and bullying Harry. Everyone has different preferences. The worst thing is that HC listens to some people's opinions and deviates from the plot he has chosen.
We don't have to worry about the latter one:
Nop. I decide what I write, and you can decide to cry about it.

lordsyrus

Mar 25, 2019
alright, I just played this game through the first time and I have to say this. at first I felt bad for Harry, but about midway through I just dont care about Harry anymore. Anyone that blatently clueless and/or unwilling to sit back and take in that much bullshyte deserves to loss it all. I mean seriously, how are you with someone for a year and NOT know what your girl sounds like..heh. there is innocence then there is just willful ignorance or gross stupidity.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
alright, I just played this game through the first time and I have to say this. at first I felt bad for Harry, but about midway through I just dont care about Harry anymore. Anyone that blatently clueless and/or unwilling to sit back and take in that much bullshyte deserves to loss it all. I mean seriously, how are you with someone for a year and NOT know what your girl sounds like..heh. there is innocence then there is just willful ignorance or gross stupidity.
There is also denial, traumas, etc

Is a game people don't take all too literal or serious, like for example the photos HC already said that what he had in mind looked slightly different but that doesn't translate well into the art for example, and i am ok with that since then it wouldn't be erotic xD

Anyway i can't wait to see just how far Laura falls, and Aya too for that matter, i probably will bbe like Cartman when Harry is crushed:

matsuy

Sep 15, 2017
So far I've fairly easily suspended most of my disbelieves in regard to Harry's naïvety ("Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?" -- the latter, mate! So: just read on...). The next chapter, however, could be a make-or-break moment for me. If I am not completely mistaken, Harry intended to propose to Laura the next weekend, once the project is finished and he got his promotion. With this plan clearly derailed (by Luca openly asking Laura to raise her hand in the deciding vote) and Harry's already stated suspicions (for which the player doesn't even need to have Harry express doubts in Lauras actions before), it is a real challenge to continue the path towards the finishing line w/o breaking the player's immersion... (given that, AFAIU, the default ending won't be one a player sympathising with Harry necessarily enjoys). Seriously hope that HangoverCat is able to pull this off anyway.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes