VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

aqq88

May 14, 2020
Feedback concerning the new update (Version 4.0)

Version 4.0 has been released just some hours ago on patreon and I want to give some feedback concerning this new update for HangoverCat who can take it or leave it of course. As this is the first release for one of the endings we are getting closer and closer to finishing the story at least on some paths. Growing with this is my anticipation and the way how close I look at the game. Honestly speaking APBLU is my favourite NTR game atm. So I guess you can understand that I am very concerned with it and want to leave my thoughts and feelings behind to maybe help the game overall but also to praise and appreciate the hard work of HangoverCat. So please dont feel offended if my opinion doesnt match yours, I hope I can just help a bit on the way... ;)

Please be aware that this contains heavy spoilers! So please don't read this, if you havent played version 4.0 yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thank you , now i can't wait for the game to be leaked

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
What is this about good and Hero endings? i thought there wouldn't be a clear happy end here? Or maybe it will be happy from Harry's POV only? I love those kind of endings.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
What is this about good and Hero endings? i thought there wouldn't be a clear happy end here? Or maybe it will be happy from Harry's POV only? I love those kind of endings.
Not sure if I will get in trouble for this but, according to Patreon:

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Having endings dubbed the "Good" or "Hero" endings doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a clear happy ending by any means. Unless HC wants to go back and retcon a choice into the very beginning of the game, Laura is going to get involved with Luca and so a good or happy ending would have to somehow come to terms with that fact, but I imagine some people wouldn't consider that a clear happy ending as they would be looking for a "evaded Luca's plotting and escaped without cheating" sort of ending for them to consider it a clear happy ending.
Just guessing from the labeling though, I suspect the hero ending might be Laura sacrificing her relationship with Harry. She plays Luca's game and then the truth comes out at some point, she could eventually get away from Luca but maybe not, Harry leaves her and thus she becomes the hero who sacrifices herself and her relationship with the man she loves in order to save him. Alternatively, Harry could find out and somehow do something to save Laura from Luca. I guess we'll have to wait and see! As far as good ending, it might be the same but Harry staying with her after realizing she did it to protect him and that she's a victim as much as he is. The two of them might somehow try to get revenge on Luca, perhaps by finding a way to get him arrested. Afterwards they live happily ever after.
In neither scenario though would I say that it's a clear happy ending. There's would still be lots of pain, guilt, and trauma after it was all over and done with. A happy ending is kind of relative to which character's perspective we would see it from, but since Harry is the MC, I think looking for fairy tail endings where they all lived happily ever after is a going to be an unrealistic hope in this story.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Just guessing from the labeling though, I suspect the hero ending might be Laura sacrificing her relationship with Harry. She plays Luca's game and then the truth comes out at some point, she could eventually get away from Luca but maybe not, Harry leaves her and thus she becomes the hero who sacrifices herself and her relationship with the man she loves in order to save him.
I did not consider this angle. I actually like it now that I think about it. Harry moves on and is happy, Laura is free of Luca and is alone and miserable but she saved him from further pain and heartache.

...it might be the same but Harry staying with her after realizing she did it to protect him and that she's a victim as much as he is. The two of them might somehow try to get revenge on Luca, perhaps by finding a way to get him arrested. Afterwards they live happily ever after.
This would suck majorly because they'd both still be traumatized and Laura might be pregnant already from getting creampied.

Sumatra 3D

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I have a feeling that whichever way HC decides to write the story, it'll turn out really good. I think that any and all paths are going to have at least some pain in them (which shouldn't be surprising considering it's an NTR game after all). I am excited to see just how depraved things end up getting before it's all over though! :devilish:
Agreed. This is why I have a Love/Hate relationship with NTR. The best ones usually have great art. Most times I don't give a shit about the MC getting screwed over (I usually identify more with the antagonist doing the cucking) and there are some with decent writing. It's a guilty pleasure at this point. I guess I just feel a bit strongly for APBLU because I was Harry a few years ago without the obvious, over the top scenes like the video call and what not.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This may sound weird from a guy who enjoys NTR content, but I feel like I got cucked this update. Not in a good way.
That feeling you are experiencing is more in response to being stealthed than cucked. That not-so-fresh feeling when you heard the condom snap on but you also feel the cum leaking out. You are left wondering what the hell just happened and why you didn't notice.

Reactions: Corkforthecause
May 12, 2018
Wow, this game has real potential, definitely one of the best ntr games I’ve ever played. I hope HC continues to show their spin on popular ntr scenes like, silhouette/shadow/shower curtain sex; a wide-angle view where Laura gets pounded against one side of the wall while Harry is trying to sleep on the other side; and leg-locked sex, maybe with one pov being from the foot of the bed or the doorway so you can see her legs snap around Luca’s waist.

Reactions: paladinfox5

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
lets see, heared the complain quite some times already. Might really be that HangoverCat overthinks that decision and works on it. At least I hope so. Kinda ruined the update for me.
I don't know, i haven't played it yet (envyyyyyy) but i am not a fan of creators changing things to please the fans every time something is a miss.

I might rather they take the punches and roll with them, learn from it, etc.

If HC starts changing things for every complain, or even just this one since then other fans will want their "sugestions" being implemented, it could end up badly for the project

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Huh, you know if it is like that i think i would like it, if she also has a moment later on when this breaks her, or has minor breakdown, etc it would play out great.

I mean that the despair may further break her once she notices.

Alwynjaegar

Mar 4, 2022
I was hoping for a more in depth breeding scene, harry jacking off, not knowing its his girl getting bred like the ho she is, luca sending a creampie pic....

Kinda expected more corruption from both sides... kinda hoping the breeding scene gets fixed, we need to see her begging for it and harry hearing it through the wall

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Spoilers guys. Please use them. It hasn't come out here yet, so not all of us know what the new update is about. At least wait till the update is here before spoiling it.

Reactions: Gudil and sfoMMA85

locoaceto

Nov 1, 2019
I think the update was well done tbh....the sex scene wasn't exactly hot however I feel it the best way to introduce what everyone was looking forward to while entertaining that one stipulation that we didn't think would ever come to play

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes