VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
guys whats up with you? People here havent played the update yet and everybody is really into the story. Use spoiler tags for gods sake.

I don't know, i haven't played it yet (envyyyyyy) but i am not a fan of creators changing things to please the fans every time something is a miss.

I might rather they take the punches and roll with them, learn from it, etc.

If HC starts changing things for every complain, or even just this one since then other fans will want their "sugestions" being implemented, it could end up badly for the project
Usually I am absolutely on your side. And indeed if he starts changing every little thing, things wouldnt move on. But we are not talking about a little thing here. A lot of people not only here on f95zone but also on patreon complained about that particular scene everyone is talking about. And thing is it doesnt even make sense concerning HCs suspense curve. Slight spoiler ahead, decide for yourself if you wann go on reading (otherwise lets talk about it when u played the update):

But I believe this is one of the exceptions where working on previous content really makes sense. Its not a whole lot to change actually but it can have a great affect. I believe HC wants to make a wholesome game and that far he did great with it and there will always be some little or even bigger things some people wont go along with. Tastes are different. Still this one thing goes beyond that. But HC already said that hes thinking about it and he will give a statement next week. So we will see what is to come.

Also btw, HC already worked on bits and peaces of already implemented content like adding some CGs and redoing some lines of text or adding gameplay features. The feedback so far has been good on that.

Another example I have is Henteria Chronicles 2 by N_Taii. He spent two of his final updates on the game to polish the beginning of the game and it payed off greatly. Sometimes to make a wholesome game u need to go back and adjust things you learned in the process (especially when its a long dev process). There will be people taht will only start the game when its done also the game will be completed one day and all that find it then will look at the game as a whole thing. So its not always bad to work on content that has already been added. ;)

Reactions: Animefan_09

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
I think the update was well done tbh....the sex scene wasn't exactly hot however I feel it the best way to introduce what everyone was looking forward to while entertaining that one stipulation that we didn't think would ever come to play
I also liked most of the update as I said previously. Actually I loved it. Still, I am on the side of many here, who think that
But in the end tastes are different and there are also a lot of people who dont feel that affected by this (though most agree on the critique).

Fantasy1974

Aug 1, 2018
Finally an intrigued, well written game. Spiced enough to light the reader's imagination. The "pact" between author and reader in order of the illogical meaning of every sex game is well grounded and higly functional! Plus the author make his work regular and fast. Number one!

Reactions: Adolfo

pedropon

Jun 8, 2017
I just don't get why with every update we have to read a lot of spoilers while waiting for 2 weeks after the update releases. I mean this game deserves it i guess, I also supported it for 1 month and it has 538 patreon supporters already, a lot of them from f95, but it seems kind of ironic as we are in a piracy forum...

Reactions: Adolfo and aqq88

matsuy

Sep 15, 2017
I just don't get why with every update we have to read a lot of spoilers while waiting for 2 weeks after the update releases. I mean this game deserves it i guess, I also supported it for 1 month and it has 538 patreon supporters already, a lot of them from f95, but it seems kind of ironic as we are in a piracy forum...
I want my games to be good and free of charge -- generally speaking, if everybody was such a freeloader as I am, there wouldn't be any good games. HC is still a rather small indie developer/team... hence I don't mind the wait nor the spoilers.

Last edited:

aqq88

May 14, 2020
I want my games to be good and free of charge -- generally speaking, if everybody was such a freeloader as I am, there wouldn't be any good games. HC is still a rather small indy developer/team... hence I don't mind the wait nor the spoilers.
it's not like we are waiting for 1/2 months its just 10/12 days of waiting when the game appears on patreon

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Hey, do we really know the reason why Luca did what he did? I mean, was he really attracted to Laura and wants to have her? Or was it because the fact that Harry is Laura's boyfriend? Maybe Harry did something to Luca back in high school that we didn't know of yet. Or maybe he just despise Harry. Luca did mention several times that Harry is a good guy and every woman seems to wants to be near him, a chick magnet or something like that. It felt like Luca was always jealous of Harry every time he said that. What do you think?

Reactions: Adolfo

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Hey, do we really know the reason why Luca did what he did? I mean, was he really attracted to Laura and wants to have her? Or was it because the fact that Harry is Laura's boyfriend? Maybe Harry did something to Luca back in high school that we didn't know of yet. Or maybe he just despise Harry. Luca did mention several times that Harry is a good guy and every woman seems to wants to be near him, a chick magnet or something like that. It felt like Luca was always jealous of Harry every time he said that. What do you think?
HC could go into further detail as there is a lot of stuff that we don't know at this point, but the game does have a few bits if you're playing all perspectives where Luca sort of explains why he has so much beef with Luca. While we don't know everything...

Reactions: Animefan_09

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
HC could go into further detail as there is a lot of stuff that we don't know at this point, but the game does have a few bits if you're playing all perspectives where Luca sort of explains why he has so much beef with Luca. While we don't know everything...

So it's all about Harry? It doesn't matter if it's Laura or any other woman, Luca would still do what he did to Harry's girlfriends?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I agree with those who say that Laura doesn't really matter and if Harry had been dating Agnes the librarian the first thing that Luca would have done is get a library card. Luca's beef is personal. His dick only gets hard for Harry. He sees him in his dreams. He imagines his sad face when he comes. The irony is that although Luca has a kill boner for Harry, Harry only mildly dislikes Luca despite their past history. So my feeling on it is that it is more likely that Harry is the one who fucked him over in a big way and in retaliation Luca fucked Harry over in some small way. Like Harry fucked Luca's mom and Luca in turn stole his girlfriend. So losing his girlfriend stung, but Harry moved on in due course but Luca's parents remain acrimoniously divorced and Luca's mom still keeps a picture of her and Harry on the mantlepiece that Luca has to look at every Christmas. So Luca doesn't feel that they are even, and probably will never feel that way.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Yeah I agree with those who say that Laura doesn't really matter and if Harry had been dating Agnes the librarian the first thing that Luca would have done is get a library card. Luca's beef is personal. His dick only gets hard for Harry. He sees him in his dreams. He imagines his sad face when he comes. The irony is that although Luca has a kill boner for Harry, Harry only mildly dislikes Luca despite their past history. So my feeling on it is that it is more likely that Harry is the one who fucked him over in a big way and in retaliation Luca fucked Harry over in some small way. Like Harry fucked Luca's mom and Luca in turn stole his girlfriend. So losing his girlfriend stung, but Harry moved on in due course but Luca's parents remain acrimoniously divorced and Luca's mom still keeps a picture of her and Harry on the mantlepiece that Luca has to look at every Christmas. So Luca doesn't feel that they are even, and probably will never feel that way.
I don't think is that exagerated, like if he had being dating an ugly girl he wouldn't be that fixated, or at least he would use othe rmethods to ruin him. Also since its Harry's character that pisses him off it is probable he has done this to other happy go lucky kind of guys.

In general he is just a bully, he enjoys causing suffering and its not just Harry that would fit the bill for it.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
I don't think is that exagerated, like if he had being dating an ugly girl he wouldn't be that fixated, or at least he would use othe rmethods to ruin him. Also since its Harry's character that pisses him off it is probable he has done this to other happy go lucky kind of guys.

In general he is just a bully, he enjoys causing suffering and its not just Harry that would fit the bill for it.
Well I see some good points being brought up here. Luca definitely HATES Harry's type the innocent and pure hearted but ignorant to reality type of guy. The type of guy the believes in trust and loyalty to your friends and loved ones. While Luca seems to only care about himself and thats it. Someone also mentions the possibility of Harry hooking up with Luca's mother which while very unlikely Luca does seem to have some type of negative emotional attachment to his mother. The only time he seemed bothered so far at any point in the game is when Aya talks shit about his relationship with his mother. So that is a very interesting theory. Im lookin forward to see what happens this update. Actually im looking forward to all future HangoverCat games cause for 1 he writes NTR which I like and 2 his stories are pretty well thought out and immersive.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

Oh, I've no doubt that he is just a bully and that Harry's personality irritates him. But I do get the impression that this is personal and he doesn't go to so much trouble for every Harry-like guy he comes across. But when he goes home to see his little brother and sees Harry's stupid face smiling up at him that's a horse of a different color.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes