Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
I just played the last update. Femdom scenes were very good but since there is no "harem" in the game, you need to save a lot. Still the game is going very well I'm looking forward to the new update.

Reactions: radcito and 512

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sooo...an (actual) update when?
ohh, wait...silly me...only 3+ months have passed...and they do have other (subpar to this one) game they prioritize for the time being..yup, silly, silly me.:KEK:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This week we wanted to share details about something we've been working on behind the scenes, alongside development for the upcoming A Shot in the Dark - Chapter 3 (V0.25) update.
For months we've been working on a bunch of new features, that have grown into a comprehensive, interactive in-game "Walkthrough" system (official name TBD).
Really? The system should obviously be called "A Light in the Dark." How is this still being ironed out? :unsure:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1680922469308.png

ViM Studios is celebrating 400K downloads!
ViM Studios recently passed an impressive milestone that we are proud to share with our supporters: Our two games, A Shot in the Dark and Prince of Suburbia, have been collectively downloaded over 400K times across all platforms where our games are available for sale!
In order to reach our next goal of 500K downloads, we need your help to spread the word about our games and help other players find and enjoy our games!
Talking about our games on Discord, Reddit, and other social media platforms, leaving ratings and reviews, and adding our games to your wishlist are all ways you can help us reach our goal and ensure the continued growth of our studio!

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Navigate romance, relationships, and rivalry as a young man during your first semester of college.
Damn, finally something new! I always wanted to play a young man during his first semster of college in an adult game, how refreshing

Last edited:

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Great execution > mid originality
Wouldn't say that as a hard rule. Some average games in amazingly refreshing setting with great ideas can also feel pretty well, just because you're finally going to experience something new.

I really don't need the 10th incest game where I go to college in my first semester, while having a big sis that hates me, a younger sis that makes her first experience with me and a mom that feels she's "so old and ugly" and "young boys like me want young girls" and we have to go onto dates and all the typical formulas.

Just get at least a bit creative.

You can have both by the way, great execution and great originality.

Reactions: tutude

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Wouldn't say that as a hard rule. Some average games in amazingly refreshing setting with great ideas can also feel pretty well, just because you're finally going to experience something new.

I really don't need the 10th incest game where I go to college in my first semester, while having a big sis that hates me, a younger sis that makes her first experience with me and a mom that feels she's "so old and ugly" and "young boys like me want young girls" and we have to go onto dates and all the typical formulas.

Just get at least a bit creative.

You can have both by the way, great execution and great originality.
That's why I said great execution and not mid execution. Obviously you ideally want both, but that can never be the case for every game. If I had to choose I'd take a formulaic game with the hottest scenes and the best written characters over some fantasy shit where the fairy ladies all instantly want to fuck.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1684384950657.png

We are approaching the finish line with Chapter 3 (V0.25) of A Shot in the Dark!

All the new content is implemented in the code, initial playthroughs and polishing are 90% done, and now we are focused on implementing and testing the additional features (Memories, Photos, Chapter Wrap-Up, Animation Replay Menus, and the new Walkthrough features discussed here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Our goal is to have a testing build before the next dev log!

Here are some SFW previews of Chapter 3
1684385020220.png
1684385037091.png

1684384965953.png

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I wish listed this on steam a while ago and am really looking forward to playing it again when it releases on there
I really like the game.
If the dev ever reads this I just want to tell you, you have made a really good game :)

Reactions: Mr.SeedyAF
4.30 star(s) 57 Votes