Yourmomu

Mar 15, 2021
What a strange game. I love it. All the statues are erotic but also so eerily creepy, even when they're riding you

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

I'm alive!
These past few weeks I've been working on a few cool things.
A common complaint from players was the "garden ending" feeling underwhelming because it just ends abruptly, and in hindsight it definitely does.
So I've been adding a continuation to this branching path, making big and small changes here and there. I think it'll be a fun way for returning players to replay the game and look at the reworked animations.
Another thing that I've been adding is the ability to skip content, from scenes to entire chunks of the game. These skips unlock after you've seen them once. Another thing that was frequently critiqued.
Also that intro screen that replays every time you launch the game or want to access the main menu, yeah that one. I changed it to only play once.
These past few weeks have been pretty chill and I was able to spend a decent amount of time working on this. However the steam release is not going to happen this month. Most likely April.

This next part is a bonus. I thought it'd be cool to show and explain what I'm actually doing.
This'll be a bit technical and boring. But I'll try to simplify it as much as I can.
The image contains the version of the lobby without any of the "graphics" layers on top. And then the 3 events that when combined create the scene: "The big ones".
The 1st event (Blue) is the actual event that the player character interacts with. By stepping on those tiles you trigger the event. The event plays every command/comment/etc in order from top to bottom. Every so often a variable changes: "Lobby trio". By changing this variable the other 2 events are triggered.
The 2nd event (Green) is the SFX. When it activates it begins randomly rolling between 5 different sound combinations to make it less repetitive.
The 3nd event (Purple) is the images. In game it looks like an animations but it's the command "show picture" over and over again with short timers to make it seem like an animations. The standard animation system of RMGmaker wasn't working how I wanted it to so this is a workaround.
And that's it. Hopefully this was mildly interesting.
Until next week. (Sort of, maybe a few weeks, idk, should I make weekly updates just to say ?)

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
You know, for a starting NSFW developer, not too shabby. It may be a simple game, but one that certainly knows when to actually finish their game and still be enjoyable... unlike a certain other 'demo'.

For curiosity sake, what inspired you to create this game? And do you intend, presuming you have considered making a new game after this, to branch out to other genres?

Taboossy

Developer of Degeneracy
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2022
You know, for a starting NSFW developer, not too shabby. It may be a simple game, but one that certainly knows when to actually finish their game and still be enjoyable... unlike a certain other 'demo'.

For curiosity sake, what inspired you to create this game? And do you intend, presuming you have considered making a new game after this, to branch out to other genres?
It's always disappointing when you run into something that you like, reach an underwhelming (In development) end, and see last updated 2016.
So I wanted the game to be fairly finished. I want to do a bit more with this game and then I'll move onto the next one.
There's an 80% chance that my next game will be a 3d game with a hot ghost. My vision is PT but you can fuck the ghost.
That's a gigantic leap from this to that. So I'll probably do some smaller projects in between while I learn all the required software.
In terms of inspiration I'd attribute the majority to these 2. There's other things that come to mind but not as much.
and

Reactions: LDV

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
It's always disappointing when you run into something that you like, reach an underwhelming (In development) end, and see last updated 2016.
So I wanted the game to be fairly finished. I want to do a bit more with this game and then I'll move onto the next one.
There's an 80% chance that my next game will be a 3d game with a hot ghost. My vision is PT but you can fuck the ghost.
That's a gigantic leap from this to that. So I'll probably do some smaller projects in between while I learn all the required software.
In terms of inspiration I'd attribute the majority to these 2. There's other things that come to mind but not as much.
and
fuck yes ghost titties
going from 2d to 3d would be a really big change indeed, and I don't think there's much skill and experience that would translate between the two beside experience with the development process as a whole.
I don't mean to discourage but it might be more viable to stick to a more uniform development path rather than learning everything from scratch everytime.
But, not much more I can say, I'm not a developer myself.

Ahip

Dec 23, 2017
and
This is already an excellent base idea with many avenues for storytelling. Silent hill and it's characters/monster girls are very similar in style with A Silent Statue's theme of "stepping into the unknown". The characters initially start off as a "threat", triggering one's lust and instinct to procreate that overpowers the instinct to survive. The artist Double Deck sets this theme up better than most for example:

The setting/atmosphere will be dark I assume but the tone of the story could be anywhere from dark to light (silent statues turned out to be a relatively light toned story).
The reason you can fuck the ghost/what does she want, will it be consensual? (those inspiration panels suggest consent but the story behind who initiated the dynamic would be interesting) In the PT demo the ghost attacks the MC aggressively and he blacks out and has to retry the 'puzzle': but it would be very erotic to regain consciousness to the sight of her large breasts hanging and bouncing over you as she rides you without a shred of emotion. Or when you wake up, she is lying exposed and waiting for you to make a move. Will she even be able to talk? There's something seductive about communication with only body language, which you get, considering the essence of A Silent Statue.
Maybe she is doing it because she is also stuck in this place and just wants company, or she is stuck in a loop (as ghosts tend to be) thinking you are a married couple, or she was imprisoned and needs something from you to escape and wreak havoc but you begin to change her the longer you spend time with her. So many possibilities!

Anyway, I really enjoyed A Silent Statue and I'm excited to see your future works.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
and
Rest in peace, Jlullaby (20?? - 2019). You're comics and arts has cemented you as truly one of the GOATS alongside Zonkpunch (Fun fact, both had work at Shadbase)

The last time there was one to even match the tragedy of Jlullaby was Taga, the traditional animator. And that's saying something.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Taboossy
Jul 26, 2019
Makes sense that Jlullaby didn't want to continue their work since shadman is a heroin addict. I'd like to see a game like castle of Dimitrescu but a slower windup of corruption instead of the abrupt lewd scenes. I wonder if there are any silent hill parody games because those nurses...

Taboossy

Developer of Degeneracy
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2022

I'll save that one guy the trouble of copy pasting this.

Here's the abridged version: I made a post explaining what 0.9 change log will be.

Future changelog for 0.9.

1. Bathroom - wow

2. The scenes rework - I've reworked most of them some are unchanged.

3. The garden path - Idk about that name, but it'll be what happens after spending the night outside the mansion. It's a slight change to how the story happens.

3. An alt ending - This is a general rework to how the "just leave" endings work. It adds 3 maps, 2 new scenes, and a bunch of dialog. I decided to do this as a way to do some worldbuilding without shoehorning it into the main path. I haven't talked or shown anything about this because I like secrets and surprises :)

4. The mansion maps rework - Objectively a good use of my time nobody can change my mind on this.

5. The gallery - It looks pretty cool.

6. Small changes - Small dialog changes, changing pooping to popping, adding a skip function, more random interactions around the house. Other things... I don't even remember. Just small stuff I did over the last few months.

The SFX rework may or may not happen this update. That's going to be another massive time investment so maybe I'll leave for a future update or a small update after 0.9. I'm not sure yet. It's definitely something that I want to do though, so it'll happen some day.

That's the "important" parts. Also I'll take this opportunity to acknowledge that one guy that recommended double deck. Yes, I love his works. Ever since he released END OF LOCATION ( ) I've been following his works pretty much religiously. The thick religion. The Scaroused religion. The monster with big tits makes PP hard religion.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018

I'll save that one guy the trouble of copy pasting this.

Here's the abridged version: I made a post explaining what 0.9 change log will be.

Future changelog for 0.9.

1. Bathroom - wow

2. The scenes rework - I've reworked most of them some are unchanged.

3. The garden path - Idk about that name, but it'll be what happens after spending the night outside the mansion. It's a slight change to how the story happens.

3. An alt ending - This is a general rework to how the "just leave" endings work. It adds 3 maps, 2 new scenes, and a bunch of dialog. I decided to do this as a way to do some worldbuilding without shoehorning it into the main path. I haven't talked or shown anything about this because I like secrets and surprises :)

4. The mansion maps rework - Objectively a good use of my time nobody can change my mind on this.

5. The gallery - It looks pretty cool.

6. Small changes - Small dialog changes, changing pooping to popping, adding a skip function, more random interactions around the house. Other things... I don't even remember. Just small stuff I did over the last few months.

The SFX rework may or may not happen this update. That's going to be another massive time investment so maybe I'll leave for a future update or a small update after 0.9. I'm not sure yet. It's definitely something that I want to do though, so it'll happen some day.

That's the "important" parts. Also I'll take this opportunity to acknowledge that one guy that recommended double deck. Yes, I love his works. Ever since he released END OF LOCATION ( ) I've been following his works pretty much religiously. The thick religion. The Scaroused religion. The monster with big tits makes PP hard religion.
I see you enjoy Double Deck as well. Clearly you have excellent taste. My respect for you has increased.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
Honestly, I thought that's just a joke ending so when you decided to leave & that'll be it. I didn't expect you would expand upon it to give it new maps & scenes, that's rad.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Double Deck is a high B-tier comic artist, as I only found him as a result of another comic based on an indie NSFW game. The only ones that comes close is Nurinaki's "WHERE YOU BELONG" comic.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019

Taboossy

Developer of Degeneracy
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2022
I was always reluctant to check out AotHS because of the art but boy after spending 8 hours straight with it, damn it's a good one so thanks for recommending it here
does that also mean potential for similar type of monster content coming from you in the future?
Yeah it definitely has a weird appeal. Wanting to see what's the next weird "monster girl" kept me going. It also isn't filled with shit grinding like most RPGMaker games. And a weird but interesting story. I give it a pretty good if you like weird shit/10.
And I don't know, Maybe? This is more towards the body horror spectrum but it can be good. Right now my hard plans are: re-finish statues and then ghost game. That is easily going to be the rest of 2023 and 24. I haven't decided what to do after that.
I have some ideas for what my 3rd game might be but I don't want to make promises this early.

Reactions: ViviX12
4.70 star(s) 84 Votes