Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
so i just did my first play-through of this game and i have say, i am impressed with the only idea i've seen implemented in this game so far.

the "extra" content that lets you see even more, earlier in the game. it changes up the "every game goes super slow until many months into development because they want to make the game a grind".

with your method, you get show even more provocative content, but not feel like you're ruining the pacing.

not so say i don't want to see more in a vanilla run too =p/

Reactions: Dolphin3000

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
That sucks that the games on hold. At least the games not abandoned like some of the games I played in the past.

LEXMENBR

Oct 25, 2017
Hi there, im new here and im having some dificulties...
Im searching this thread but could'n find yet.
Where do i put the incest file?
there anything else to do with it?

Thanks.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Hi there, im new here and im having some dificulties...
Im searching this thread but could'n find yet.
Where do i put the incest file?
there anything else to do with it?

Thanks.
you put it in the "game" folder, which is inside whatever folder you extracted the game files to. You'll have "game", "lib", and "renpy" folders in there, and some files.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
It's actually ON HOLD. Could take some time until the Dev continues.
If at all... He didn't sound too enthusiastic - but that was to be expected after that shitstorm coming in in the wake of that strange update.

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
If at all... He didn't sound too enthusiastic - but that was to be expected after that shitstorm coming in in the wake of that strange update.
It has nothing to do with that. It will continue. I am working on it bit by bit. Just time atm, is hard to come by. But rest assured, It isnt dying wether I post on here or patreon or not. I dont have much info atm other than It will be completely reworked including the renders.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
It will be completely reworked including the renders.
This is not necessary, in my opinion. I think you just need to polish the story. The whole story was just fan-service-fest. I'm not complaining about it, just do it more smoothly. People just want to know, WTF happens on their screens. For example, why is the mother so filthy and does not see anything wrong with wanking her own son? Why did this waitress just throw herself into the hands of the MC? All of these things should be more... sensible.

You have to admit that the last part was just a crazy mess, and then try to understand why this is so, and then just fix your mistakes.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is not necessary, in my opinion. I think you just need to polish the story. The whole story was just fan-service-fest. I'm not complaining about it, just do it more smoothly. People just want to know, WTF happens on their screens. For example, why is the mother so filthy and does not see anything wrong with wanking her own son? Why did this waitress just throw herself into the hands of the MC? All of these things should be more... sensible.

You have to admit that the last part was just a crazy mess, and then try to understand why this is so, and then just fix your mistakes.
Rintal makes a good point.

It has been said advice is often just ignorance and ego disguised as helpfulness, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.
If anyone remembers the show LOST about a Malaysian airliner disappearing over the Pacific... When the show was still in production mode some of the writers who worked on Buffy went to work for LOST. One of the first thing these writers asked was what is the mythology of the story/?, meaning what is the end game and do you have the plot points and characters mapped out. These writers were told no it wasn't needed, they left after accurately predicting what would happen to the show.
When you create a narrative you need to have it mapped out, preferably a storyboard. That way you know where you are going and can step back and look at things like as Rintal pointed out a "...mother so filthy and does not see anything wrong with wanking her own son..." to see if it makes any sense and if not can you give it a supporting structure or if it's just too over the top toss it out.
I'm not saying the dev did not do this prep work, but if he did maybe get some outside opinions, or if he did not maybe sit down and ask "what do I want from this story and how will I get it there?" Then walk away for a while before reviewing what you decided to see if it still holds to your vision.

Again just my opinion, and what has worked for me in the past.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Afflyction

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

It all makes sense with what everyone is saying, 0.4 was a mess, it was rushed. Thats why I am taking a step back now. It will all see more fluid and it will make sense to an extant. Somethings I plan on explaining as the story unfolds. I do know where and how I want it to end. When I do bring this back, The re done version will be free for everyone on patreon and on here. Sadly though, I don't have an exact time as to when this will happen but it will. I put way to much time and money into it to not finish it.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
It all makes sense with what everyone is saying, 0.4 was a mess, it was rushed. Thats why I am taking a step back now. It will all see more fluid and it will make sense to an extant. Somethings I plan on explaining as the story unfolds. I do know where and how I want it to end. When I do bring this back, The re done version will be free for everyone on patreon and on here. Sadly though, I don't have an exact time as to when this will happen but it will. I put way to much time and money into it to not finish it.
Just take your time and do it right. Looking froward to it.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's good to know your story will continue, it has potential.
You came up with a good character in the sister.

Reactions: Afflyction
4.10 star(s) 10 Votes