Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
Haven't played this in I think 4+ years. Which path has the most content? I remember back in the day the murder path was pretty gimped. For the life of me can't remember Apprentice/conspiracy differences.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Murder has the most I believe.
The opening screen will tell what you can't do on the various paths.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Haven't played this in I think 4+ years. Which path has the most content? I remember back in the day the murder path was pretty gimped. For the life of me can't remember Apprentice/conspiracy differences.
You can charm 1 more person on the murder path, but you cannot romance them as was added in this last release.

Conspiracy has a little less as the romance option is not there yet, in that path you refuse to be an apprentice but back off from assaulting and killing Sir Ronald. You work in secret with Sarah instead, it is a bit harder and has a few custom events

Wrathe

Mar 18, 2018
I do not quite see how you got your save in the state it is, a flag is in a state that it should not be. I am still trying to work out how, but for now you can fix this
Apply the recent posted fix if you have not, then
a) open the cheat menu, select View People, locate Mrs Granger
b) type 177 for the MoveThem edit box and click the link
c) go to her home, spend the night there or elsewhere.
d) ask her to look for the vase, return to the museum. Visit the local history exhibit, you may have to leave immediately and reenter but the vase will be there

This bit for d) where you leave/reenter is a small bug I just fixed, but I am unclear about the flag issue, it accounted for why she was there at night for instance.
Thanks this worked.

I really wish I knew how I managed to do this but I honestly can't remember the order of events. I probably did some weird stuff with closing the museum before having entered it, back and forth. I also picked the initial model at the start of the game for the guard but then it asked me to do it again once in the museum. I'm pretty sure I left Granger there for a good amount of time while doing other stuff also.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Thanks, found and fixed, I will post an update soon(ish) probably tomorow

Until then you can continue the game by
-load the save
- hit F12 to access the javascript console
- type
gotoPlace(296)
Thanks that worked, the letter that was meant to be there wasn't there unfortunately. I can wait til the update

Zirnitra

Jun 18, 2017
Over the years I've played this maybe half a dozen times, and I've never been able to get to the end. I always get locked out of progressing shortly after the ritual. This is with following the walkthrough. It's a good game, but the way that you have to do exactly the right thing in exactly the right order is kind of annoying. For instance, I'm pretty sure my issue was that I stole the vase without getting any help from Mrs Granger, so I couldn't meet the DA or the mechanic and so the whole plot ground to a halt.

AL0694

Aug 20, 2021
You can charm 1 more person on the murder path, but you cannot romance them as was added in this last release.

Conspiracy has a little less as the romance option is not there yet, in that path you refuse to be an apprentice but back off from assaulting and killing Sir Ronald. You work in secret with Sarah instead, it is a bit harder and has a few custom events
Does the firestation serve any purpose

Ruudjeb

Jul 27, 2018
Im at the end of chapter 4 (apprentice path) I asked Ronald about the night closure way before. Now i have no way to charm Lauren as she is always together with Sarah. How can I continue?

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Two things on the Apprentice Path
How do you charm Sara? I have defeated Dorf, and the Demon and Leanne is still a thrall. Gabby and mom are charmed

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How can I be sure if i got the Defending yourself with Magic treat? Is there a way to check it?
Meet and charm Alison at the restaurant on the weekends

Over the years I've played this maybe half a dozen times, and I've never been able to get to the end. I always get locked out of progressing shortly after the ritual. This is with following the walkthrough. It's a good game, but the way that you have to do exactly the right thing in exactly the right order is kind of annoying. For instance, I'm pretty sure my issue was that I stole the vase without getting any help from Mrs Granger, so I couldn't meet the DA or the mechanic and so the whole plot ground to a halt.
DA White will arrive once it becomes impossible for you to be arrested, generally this is after you have sorted the vase and have defeated Davy

Im at the end of chapter 4 (apprentice path) I asked Ronald about the night closure way before. Now i have no way to charm Lauren as she is always together with Sarah. How can I continue?
If you do the things like work out with Lauren or go swimming then you are private and can cast the spell.
Please note there is a considerable downside now to charming her! It is a risk, it can be discovered and you will be ejected permanently from the mansion.
There is NO requirement to charm Lauren, nothing requires it

Two things on the Apprentice Path
How do you charm Sara? I have defeated Dorf, and the Demon and Leanne is still a thrall. Gabby and mom are charmed
You cannot. It clearly states that on the start page (index.html). This will never be an option on the apprentice path

Luke5260793

Jul 18, 2018
You need to have the relic in your possession when you do the ritual of return. Try again but remove it first from the statue
Thanks!

After my conversation with Kylie on Cherise Road in the morning, I didn’t meet Aunt Brandi at the gym in the afternoon.
What do I do, please? SPELL1022.png

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes