cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I have a problem where i sent Mrs granger to the museum but didn't go, and i managed to take the vase by getting the mayor to shut the museum and i have the vase but mrs granger was never involved or shot because the museum was closed. How do i get shielded charm now?
Make sure you are using version 14.14a and then go and talk to Mrs Granger at home

Questions - I played this game few times over the years so i often go on auto pilot but this time somehow i messed up and got myself attacked by anita after i already had davy done ….. now i kinda forgot how to get spell book back or from who
THe book will be with Mr Beasley or Sarah or maybe Diane White. Talk to Diane and she should tell you, or just visit the others. Make sure you have a magical defense before visting Mr Beasley if you have no charmed him

Synaxis

Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone know what the difference between "slut" and "slave" is when charming? Is it just flavour?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Status
small correction sort of to my last status report. I have had a minor bug report, relating to charming Lauren in certain situations. I have also fixed a number of minor issues, typos, small adjustments of scenes and text in some cases. Also some cases of mana stones not appearing in the history classroom. Some small mod related changes as well, minor QOL sort of things from a person working on a mod elsewhere. A small 'face' issue for Sera in a limited case too.

While nothing much here would affect a game or be noticed by all but a small number of players, I will actually now release a 14.14b version to update these. Probably later this week sometime, I will do a full set of installs including Android and also small fix type update

NOTE: this will replace the Android version I posted here earlier as there have been small fixes applied since that one

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I wish it wouldn't keep setting my max # of photos down to 5 without even letting me know. :(

Mine!!

Nov 11, 2016
don't know if it has been asked before but are there any plans to remake this game in Renpy, Untiy, or any other system?

Synaxis

Sep 29, 2017
So, I'm playing the Soft Murder Path on the Severn Mod. Followed the walkthrough to the letter. After I go with Mrs Granger to attack the guard and she gets shot, I can't get my book from Beasely. The option just isn't there. Anyone know why the hell did that happen?

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
IIRC you have to watch & wait (not necessarily in that order), grab the book, use the ring, leave and then come back and charm him. You'll need a charm defense and the ability to charm men to do all those things.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
don't know if it has been asked before but are there any plans to remake this game in Renpy, Untiy, or any other system?
No plan at all, I am perfectly happy with html/javascript

So, I'm playing the Soft Murder Path on the Severn Mod. Followed the walkthrough to the letter. After I go with Mrs Granger to attack the guard and she gets shot, I can't get my book from Beasely. The option just isn't there. Anyone know why the hell did that happen?
No reports of problems here, what happens when you visit him. You should get the scenes with Amy and Catherine. You must have a magical defence, just watch a couple of times and the Book will be there. Make sure to use the ring to free Amy and Catherine

Synaxis

Sep 29, 2017
No plan at all, I am perfectly happy with html/javascript

No reports of problems here, what happens when you visit him. You should get the scenes with Amy and Catherine. You must have a magical defence, just watch a couple of times and the Book will be there. Make sure to use the ring to free Amy and Catherine

Apparently, I can't get it from him. I had to go to Sarah and ask her for the book.

Here comes another issue, lmao. I can't learn Augmented Hypnosis from him. I read the book once in the library and now the option isn't there. It says in the quest log "Learn hypnosis from Mr Beasely (more experience needed)".

This is what I get when I go to him:

" You consider the hypnotic technique Mr. Beasley talked about, but you are not confident you can learn it, you think you need more practise with magic first "

What do?

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Apparently, I can't get it from him. I had to go to Sarah and ask her for the book.

Here comes another issue, lmao. I can't learn Augmented Hypnosis from him. I read the book once in the library and now the option isn't there. It says in the quest log "Learn hypnosis from Mr Beasely (more experience needed)". What do?
Charm people until you can buy a skill-up.

Reactions: Synaxis

Mine!!

Nov 11, 2016
I meant remaking the game and instead of using real pics, using AI pics or Daz or something like that.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
There's only a couple times in-game when you CAN use it. And you have to be in the sacred clearing to do so.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I wish it wouldn't keep setting my max # of photos down to 5 without even letting me know. :(
This would only happen if he global settings gets lost or reset somehow. I sometimes get it when I change save types , so from localStorage to indexDB or back but only occasionally. I have not seen it happen otherwise

For the 14.14b update I have increased the default to 20

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Status
I was going to release 14.14b this weekend, but each time I double check saves in the game I keep finding small tweaks, minor bugs and other adjustments. I am going to delay a while, probably next weekend now and release then.

Some notable things seen
- events freeing Jessica and then meeting Esmeralda had several image and dialogue problems. The painting was missing entirely
- a number of text issues in your bedroom and around Anita arriving but also for others
- image issues meeting Miss Logan at the Restaurant
- some incorrect "end of content" messages not removed when it was not
- lots of typos

So nothing again very important or would prevent a game being played just not playing as intended

PS
also I have decided to add charming Jade into the next major release

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes