zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
Something odd is going on with my game... older 14.9.x builds worked fine, but with a fresh 14.10.x install in either vivaldi, opera gx, chrome or edge the game starts with ginormous images that take up my entire browser window and require scrolling down to see any text

1602374208226.png

Reactions: Erudian

Jake Masters

Nov 9, 2018
I'm looking at the new config.js file. there's no value for photos to edit. if as you say the same edit still works, I'm guessing I need to ADD in the photo command myself? if that's the case, what EXACTLY do I need to add in the config.js file?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Something odd is going on with my game... older 14.9.x builds worked fine, but with a fresh 14.10.x install in either vivaldi, opera gx, chrome or edge the game starts with ginormous images that take up my entire browser window and require scrolling down to see any text

View attachment 852966
This is the game trying to adapt to a mobile device or similar. It is seeing that your browser window width is less than it's height and assumes this means you are using a portrait mode mobile. Check your browser, resize the window say

I'm looking at the new config.js file. there's no value for photos to edit. if as you say the same edit still works, I'm guessing I need to ADD in the photo command myself? if that's the case, what EXACTLY do I need to add in the config.js file?
First try as I suggested
- use the Memory App
- immediately save the game
The values should 'stick' now

Otherwise edit the file and set
gameState.nMaxPhotos = 50;
or whatever

Reactions: Jake Masters

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
Charming the DA lady as soon as she comes up after getting arrested for stealing the vase turned my character into a woman. Had to reload and choose a couple of options before charming her to avoid this.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Charming the DA lady as soon as she comes up after getting arrested for stealing the vase turned my character into a woman. Had to reload and choose a couple of options before charming her to avoid this.
Please post your save game at the point of trying to charm her so I can test and see what is happening

zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
This is the game trying to adapt to a mobile device or similar. It is seeing that your browser window width is less than it's height and assumes this means you are using a portrait mode mobile. Check your browser, resize the window say
Weird, it never behaved this way before... Do people actually run browsers full screen on a PC?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Weird, it never behaved this way before... Do people actually run browsers full screen on a PC?
These were changes part of 14.10 as I added an Android apk and that effectively runs fullscreen

But as i noted you do not have to run fullscreen, just make sure the window is wider than it is tall and this issue does not happen
But I always use my browser full screen

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hi cmacleod42. I got a question for ya. What are your plans for the game going forward? Are you wrapping up the game or do you have plans to go bigger, beyond the scope of the town? This is by far the best open world game on this site and it's essentially playable to the end already. You've done an amazing job over the years creating this masterpiece. I am kind of curious about the future of the game though. When I check the last few changelogs, it seems extremely short for the amount of time it took for the update to drop. I assume you are quite busy with real life and since the game is mostly done, you are just adding the finishing touches and tying up loose ends. Is that about right?

Jake Masters

Nov 9, 2018
the set the value and save trick did NOT work. adding the gameState.nMaxPhotos = 50 value did!

BTW, I found a "new" bug: Tess in her husband's office. you can't move past telling her to stay!

zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
These were changes part of 14.10 as I added an Android apk and that effectively runs fullscreen

But as i noted you do not have to run fullscreen, just make sure the window is wider than it is tall and this issue does not happen
But I always use my browser full screen
Just out of curiosity what size is your PC monitor? I can't imagine running a browser window at full screen on a 30" display

If I might make a suggestion could you add a toggle to switch back to the old functionality?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
the set the value and save trick did NOT work. adding the gameState.nMaxPhotos = 50 value did!

BTW, I found a "new" bug: Tess in her husband's office. you can't move past telling her to stay!
Please apply the fix I posted

Just out of curiosity what size is your PC monitor? I can't imagine running a browser window at full screen on a 30" display

If I might make a suggestion could you add a toggle to switch back to the old functionality?
Again as I noted just make sure your window is wider than it is tall and the problem does not exist

But I will check into trying to address this.

Last edited:

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Again as I noted just make sure your window is wider than it is tall and the problem does not exist

But I will check into trying to address this.
Hi cmacleod42
Yes please (y) It's nearly as awful to play in landscape mode as it is in the mobile mode with a big 4k screen. You must have too long lines of text and it's unreadable.

For now, is there a way to disable the phone mode and force the "normal" view, even on a portrait screen?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hi cmacleod42
Yes please (y) It's nearly as awful to play in landscape mode as it is in the mobile mode with a big 4k screen. You must have too long lines of text and it's unreadable.

For now, is there a way to disable the phone mode and force the "normal" view, even on a portrait screen?
No, just do not play with the browser window taller than it is wide. So once again, play windowed and resize it

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
Check the 'Credits' folder in the game, or click the credits link in the left bar for details of all models in the game
I checked but she doesn't look like the model in the credit (or It was before she was a crackhead):

Model in game:
1602383928930.png

Credit

greenray

Nov 21, 2018
1. Please save your game to file and post it for me to check
2. where? Mouse over the icons where the image should be and see when file is referenced or open the javascript console. Or just tell me what you were doing, and with who
1. Launched a new game: the Addams don't disappear, I can get to their house in the evening. Works fine! (the old save is buggy).
2. In Charge Of Mr. Beasley's (play as a male character):
"groping your ass and massaging your breasts... he practically worships your tits..." :D and missing files
Images/GenericSex/sex-mm anal b.mp4
Images/GenericSex/sex-mm anal a.mp4

found something. add it to the game if you want
View attachment GenericSex-mm.rar

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes