homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
go to the hunting ground , up will be a different tree (smaller), MC will comment something about winter fest, cut the tree and take it home.
Athia will have 2 days to decorate the house
How did you achieve it?

The only way I can find the fir tree is: start Tia's quest and find the NW orc camp because I only find the fir tree in that place.
BUT when I come home, I always find Athia sleeping in her bed 24/7 - she doesn't do anything anymore except sleeping day after day after day after day.

So,

- if I start Tia's latest quest ----> Athia doesn't wake up anymore and always sleeps in her bed.
- if I don't search for Katherin ----> NO fir tree.

Does anybody have the same problem?
I think the location for the fir trees are kind of random. I first found one in darkwood
Fir tree.jpg
, and I found the second one in Madrag Kaz's territory:
Fir tree 1.jpg
Strangely, however, never found the fir tree in either the hunting ground or Catalan's rest in any of the path I am playing (Once I even found one at the beginning of the forest, just outside Arenfield).

One more thing, in the current build, I notice that if you sided with Katherin at the beginning of Tia's quest (that is, to search for Tia), there is no rope for you to climb up to the old fortress. Or am I missing something?
No rope.jpg

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I think the location for the fir trees are kind of random. I first found one in darkwood
View attachment 2264402
, and I found the second one in Madrag Kaz's territory:
View attachment 2264404
Strangely, however, never found the fir tree in either the hunting ground or Catalan's rest in any of the path I am playing (Once I even found one at the beginning of the forest, just outside Arenfield).

One more thing, in the current build, I notice that if you sided with Katherin at the beginning of Tia's quest (that is, to search for Tia), there is no rope for you to climb up to the old fortress. Or am I missing something?
View attachment 2264416
Dude, of course there is no rope. The quest DOES NOT START: you sided with Katherin, therefore she will not leave a letter and she will not go anywhere next morning - you can find her at the same old places searching for herbs.
:whistle:

Anyway, what is a "Catalan's rest"?

Because both aren't completed quests, for Liandra it was even written on the Giron's path
Man, you're asking too much. Reading the quest log? heaven forbid!!! :eek:

Duder11111

Jul 31, 2018
Anyone know why I can't progress Arianna and Dasan? I selected the ntr option but it won't progress. I skipped time outside Rumah, even went back into town and rested in MCs bed multiple days.

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
Dude, of course there is no rope. The quest DOES NOT START: you sided with Katherin, therefore she will not leave a letter and she will not go anywhere next morning - you can find her at the same old places searching for herbs.
:whistle:

Anyway, what is a "Catalan's rest"?

Man, you're asking too much. Reading the quest log? heaven forbid!!! :eek:
Sorry, it should be "Calan's rest". BTW, if you sided with Katherin, it was Tia who leave a letter on the table and the search is for Tia. I was just wondering how do you get to the entrance of the fortress like you did in Katherin's case (using a rope, that is), and it does not look like the end of Tia's quest for this version since there's no Dev's notes "I'm sorry, but this next step isn't...." in red .

Last edited:
Reactions: Ottoeight

tomcat

Aug 5, 2016
Well, I am a patron for years, so I have something to say about "milking machine".
First, he works hard, a lot.It is not like he jerks off all day. But he has defects, important defects, something that I tried to show to him, but he is stuborn as fuck, and I will comment it:

-First, he is stuborn, and it requieres a lot to make him say: well, I am wrong.
-Second, he is hesitant to change things, I mean , on how to work.
An example of what I say is how it works the bonus scenes system.

Long, loong time ago, in this thread I talked about how the pity works system is a total failure, that instead he should choose a every 3 months or so, one of the old, or the oldest option of the poll and make it, so the old option doesnt stay in the "limbo" for ages, and I said: "Time will say".

Well, I can say that even the dev giving extra points to the oldest option of the poll, and making her an image to ask patrons for votes, didn't work, 2-3 times.I would feel ashamed. But even with that, the system didn't change. He only promised to don't extend the bonus scenes too much, after all the ruckus got in front of him, and couldn't avoid it.

-Third, he doesn't like to take responsability and take decisions, or at least when it is needed, before the fire spread to the forest.He was warned a lot of times, even by me to how the shit is going, and he needs to do something, but only acted after presents were spread.
Other point of what I say it is clearly the pity votes system: You are the dev, you don't need to make a image, to ask patrons to vote an option of your work, for fuck sake.You want to take make that option, take it, and do it. Don't let other choose for you.

-Sometimes he likes to do "other things" that isn't on the script.So of course it takes time. That doesn't mean he doesn't work, on the contrary, he works, but in things he shouldn't do at that moment. Or at least it wasn't on the option.

For example this update.
In this update the focus is Tia, or mostly related to Tia, on the script it wasn't said to add a christmas event, or add the two points on the talent system.

To be honest, the christmas event is unnecesary and falls more into a bonus scene, not in a main update,or at least, there should be another option to vote for a "winter update". As there will be a main update for a spring carnival or something like that.

The two points on talent points, even if it is needed, I think falls more into a balance update, to focus more on fixing this system and everything in general.
But I don't know why he did those things in this update. .
It is like you ask for cow' steak, but the chef gives you milk because it have the cow element on it.It is cow, yes, but it is not a steak, that wasn't I ordered.

For what I know and I may be wrong but about Tia, he made maps, remake some scenes on Katheryn House, some scenes regarding the plot, and I think something about Katheryn House.

About Tia quest, he recomended to not start it, or if you start it,save it on another slot, because it can be changed.

About making another things, can be a virtue or can be defect, but that's depend on point of view. On my pov is a defect because of my job. If I don't focus on what it needs to be done, they are gonna be on my ass, even the judge.

In the end, he works hard, but like everyone,he has defects. Just pointed some of those I saw along the years.
There are more, but it os not to be said right now.

Also this doesn't mean he doesn't have virtues, he has other virtues,one of those is that he works hard, he has patience and he listens to what you have to say.Also he analyze what people say, so he cares to a certain degree.

Merry Christmas!
I'll go ahead and say he's one of the better developers overall. The project is just suffering from the symptoms that come with not having a defined scope on what to prioritize. Either he needs to hire someone that will help him create and manage a plan for a longer time-frame (12-24 weeks), or find someone he trusts to do it for him.
People collapse under undefined scopes in any form of development, be it a SaaS company, a RPGM game or a Google Sheets dashboard. It's unfortunately the most prevalent in smaller teams that look at it as a viable way to cut costs.

I wish him luck through this obstacle, even though it might just be the most apparent one to me, he's made an interesting game on his own longer than I ever could.

Burnknight

Donor
May 11, 2017
Honestly Arianna needs a makeover, in a game full of busty women, the tomboy gets too much attention. We have other characters sitting on the sidelines for way too long.

Honestly how it was voted that Arianna should get the bonus content is way too unclear for me. She looks like a kid god dammit, wtf. I mean I am a patron, she won because of the pity system Chyos uses, but still god damn she is not worth the time, her mom is.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I'll go ahead and say he's one of the better developers overall. The project is just suffering from the symptoms that come with not having a defined scope on what to prioritize. Either he needs to hire someone that will help him create and manage a plan for a longer time-frame (12-24 weeks), or find someone he trusts to do it for him.
People collapse under undefined scopes in any form of development, be it a SaaS company, a RPGM game or a Google Sheets dashboard. It's unfortunately the most prevalent in smaller teams that look at it as a viable way to cut costs.

I wish him luck through this obstacle, even though it might just be the most apparent one to me, he's made an interesting game on his own longer than I ever could.
Seems like most of the AVN makers don't really have the project management&planning skills to really plan well on ahead and break things down on specific tasks/steps to be taken. It's one of the more crucial skill for anyone who wants to do large project like this, especially if the do it on their own. So many projects have ended because they lacked the necessary skills for planning and things became too much for devs. Of course the fact that you are doing these projects with the grace from patreons doesn't help, since in many cases some people will put too much pressure on these solo&small team of devs. That also in many cases might be amateur game devs with no real experience or training for it. Which is why personally i try to be quite understanding on devs, that aren't clearly taking the piss on people, with me giving plus points to some of the devs that actively engange the fans and players here, even though not that many can necessarily become patreons.

Edit. Though with how bad the toxicity is in some cases here, on the site in general, it's no wonder that many of the devs at some point start to ignore these forums mostly. Personally never could understand the need to behave toxic like that, it doesn't benefit anyone, least yourself when you engange in behaviour like that.

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Edit. Though with how bad the toxicity is in some cases here, on the site in general, it's no wonder that many of the devs at some point start to ignore these forums mostly. Personally never could understand the need to behave toxic like that, it doesn't benefit anyone, least yourself when you engange in behaviour like that.
If we use the reverse card, discord and patreon is full of dick-lickers that will suck his dick, and whoever make a critize they will attack you, insult you, and ask the dev to ban you for the sake of the Horde.

That's what happened to me, and I don't like discord.
Also when the presents were spread, the Horde appeared in this thread to defend him and be hipocrite on discord.
Someone who is here too, was insulted. And "someone" in discord "offered" money to ban us.
I will not say more than that.

So no, it is not black and white in this world, there is grey. Here at least, there is some type of "neutral zone" even if it is a pirate site.

Reactions: Tehemai

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Honestly Arianna needs a makeover, in a game full of busty women, the tomboy gets too much attention. We have other characters sitting on the sidelines for way too long.

Honestly how it was voted that Arianna should get the bonus content is way too unclear for me. She looks like a kid god dammit, wtf. I mean I am a patron, she won because of the pity system Chyos uses, but still god damn she is not worth the time, her mom is.
Latest Arianna update: 0.3.4, December 2020

'nuff said.

Reactions: Papercut
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes