judsffstdllftw79

Oct 15, 2019
It was actually a serious post,Bright Memory was developed by a single guy but looks much more presentable sure you can argue doesn't have the story but some of it's mechanics are actually on point and feels tight and responsive and doesn't break completely if you happen to run it above certain fps threshhold . Graphical fidelity is probably 20 times higher than what this game has to offer .

The post was a little bit longer with few extra sentences to provide context what kind of gripes i currently have with the current build ,but somehow is seen as a negative as some people refuse to read anything longer than few sentences at best
The game is pretty decent for what it is ,it would have been nicer if we had more functional game engine that could take advantage of the current modern hardware .

1. I don't know if it's possible to be fixed if at all ,animations and game speed not being tied to fps ,sure it's not completely gamebreaking but annoying to say the least.

2. The way quests are structured is not very good since they have pacing issue ,there should be more intuitive way to make it more fluid and the way they are designed to be prompted in proper order,so you aren't flooded with 10 quests that you can tackle in any order you want but when you have certain elements tied to some quests that require certain order ,then those quests need to be available only if conditions are met not before hand .It just needs refinement not complete rebuild .

3. Some story triggers and requirements are so obscure and not explained anywhere well ,there aren't many like this but without actually reading through the WT posted on the first page not a lot of players would be able to trigger them consistently .

4. The UI/UX design needs a few tweaks to add some extra functionality on certain sections (the tia village i'm looking at you prime suspect) ,Like when you're on the build menu ,add the option to heal workers instead of having to jump through hoops would be a welcome change.+ having actual quickslots would be a nice addition instead of having to navigate from the atrocious inventory that doesn't even search function(which should be staple in clogged inventories + proper item tags to sort it .)

5. Better more detailed map that tracks npc locations and Better Quest Log,Allow me to explain.
If you're going to have quests that are dependant on a chains unless you make the quest not being available until the conditions are met,there is another solution to said problem,you will have to add the missing description in the questlog aka which conditions have to be met in order to complete it or move forward .

6.Some characters have a little bit of repetitive grind,like for example Mira's mother in order to corrupt her completely i have turbo speed farming her corruption 16-20 times before we're hitting all the scenes / or kate's corruption hitting 30+ yikes

p.s In case people misunderstood if i didn't like the game i won't even bother posting ,waiting patiently for the new 5.4.0 update so i can start yet again another playthrough ,Sorry for the longer-ish post but ,I'm a bit more passionate while trying to get my point across .

One last point,When the game is complete is it going to be available somewhere where i can buy it ,aka GOG/Steam
Very few games pique my interest to this extent and this developer deserves all the props for doing such a great job .
I don't like being on payroll subscriptions rather do one time purchase from a store and be done with it .

May 26, 2019
It was actually a serious post,Bright Memory was developed by a single guy but looks much more presentable sure you can argue doesn't have the story but some of it's mechanics are actually on point and feels tight and responsive and doesn't break completely if you happen to run it above certain fps threshhold . Graphical fidelity is probably 20 times higher than what this game has to offer .

The post was a little bit longer with few extra sentences to provide context what kind of gripes i currently have with the current build ,but somehow is seen as a negative as some people refuse to read anything longer than few sentences at best
The game is pretty decent for what it is ,it would have been nicer if we had more functional game engine that could take advantage of the current modern hardware .

1. I don't know if it's possible to be fixed if at all ,animations and game speed not being tied to fps ,sure it's not completely gamebreaking but annoying to say the least.

2. The way quests are structured is not very good since they have pacing issue ,there should be more intuitive way to make it more fluid and the way they are designed to be prompted in proper order,so you aren't flooded with 10 quests that you can tackle in any order you want but when you have certain elements tied to some quests that require certain order ,then those quests need to be available only if conditions are met not before hand .It just needs refinement not complete rebuild .

3. Some story triggers and requirements are so obscure and not explained anywhere well ,there aren't many like this but without actually reading through the WT posted on the first page not a lot of players would be able to trigger them consistently .

4. The UI/UX design needs a few tweaks to add some extra functionality on certain sections (the tia village i'm looking at you prime suspect) ,Like when you're on the build menu ,add the option to heal workers instead of having to jump through hoops would be a welcome change.+ having actual quickslots would be a nice addition instead of having to navigate from the atrocious inventory that doesn't even search function(which should be staple in clogged inventories + proper item tags to sort it .)

5. Better more detailed map that tracks npc locations and Better Quest Log,Allow me to explain.
If you're going to have quests that are dependant on a chains unless you make the quest not being available until the conditions are met,there is another solution to said problem,you will have to add the missing description in the questlog aka which conditions have to be met in order to complete it or move forward .

6.Some characters have a little bit of repetitive grind,like for example Mira's mother in order to corrupt her completely i have turbo speed farming her corruption 16-20 times before we're hitting all the scenes / or kate's corruption hitting 30+ yikes

p.s In case people misunderstood if i didn't like the game i won't even bother posting ,waiting patiently for the new 5.4.0 update so i can start yet again another playthrough ,Sorry for the longer-ish post but ,I'm a bit more passionate while trying to get my point across .

One last point,When the game is complete is it going to be available somewhere where i can buy it ,aka GOG/Steam
Very few games pique my interest to this extent and this developer deserves all the props for doing such a great job .
I don't like being on payroll subscriptions rather do one time purchase from a store and be done with it .
This second post of yours is actually much better than your first one. Want to know why?

Because rather than complain about the game being not as polished or as good as various AAA games, your second post simply makes interesting critiques of and valid suggestions for this game.

The problem I (and probably many others) had with your first post isn't with its length (I'm well known for writing overly-long posts myself) nor with its mere attempt to critique a game we all love.

The problem with your first post was that nearly every complaint you made of A Struggle with Sin came with an unreasonable comparison to some professionally developed AAA game by a large corporation.

Ultimately, I actually (to some degree) agree with all of the six points made in your second post - from the need to better structure the quests and quest-lines to the desire to overhaul certain parts of the UI.

But we have to accept that the implementation of a lot of these requested improvements may be limited by the RPGM game engine that is being used.

Add in the fact that most of Chyos's fans would prefer that he spends his time creating/adding new content rather than perfect various game mechanics, and you have the predicament we find ourselves in.

You are not the first, and will not be the last, to make many of your suggestions.
Hopefully, in time, Chyos can take them into consideration and eventually implement them all.

Cheers!!!

levdanig

Oct 19, 2017
did i glitch my game? I rescued Emily from the bandits by sneaking her out without the disguise. Now Lyvia keeps asking me to update her about the bandits, and i can't find the elf anywhere

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
did i glitch my game? I rescued Emily from the bandits by sneaking her out without the disguise. Now Lyvia keeps asking me to update her about the bandits, and i can't find the elf anywhere
Go back to the camp, use the disguise and talk to the bandits to give them sleepingwine (forget the actual name but you need to have crafted it).
Then enter the tent and the elf will be there.

This only works on emily's second abduction btw as I remember it, so if she has only been taken once in your game you will have to wait 7 days and then sleep in the storage and let her be taken again.

levdanig

Oct 19, 2017
Go back to the camp, use the disguise and talk to the bandits to give them sleepingwine (forget the actual name but you need to have crafted it).
Then enter the tent and the elf will be there.

This only works on emily's second abduction btw as I remember it, so if she has only been taken once in your game you will have to wait 7 days and then sleep in the storage and let her be taken again.
oooh, i didnt know you could have her kidnapped again. thanks! i thought the whole quest broke

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

I won't claim that the game is perfect, but some of your remarks aren't entirely correct or atleast not accurate enough.
For example there aren't really any Quests that require Items from another one... sure there sometimes are Options that allow for alternative approaches, but Chyos developed the game in a way that it's a true sandbox.
You have the Tutorial Quests that unlock basic stuff and are strongly adviced to concentrate on those first (since you won't need to do combat in those Quests it's perfect for gaining Level)

Check the Level requirements in the Questlog and avoid unnatural high level Quests until you actual have the minimum adviced Level.

Regardeing the Inventory I am afraid that's an RPPGM limitation.

gabrielbj87

Dec 28, 2021
I dont know if anyone ask this already but after the last version i cant seem to find Katherin in the morning at any of her spots

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
Chyos released an untested Version already...
Don't ask for a share though, those Versions come with bugs and people here tend to feel entitled to comment on these Version with discreptive and unpleasant words.
I personally don't get this attitude.

Even if people will say unpleasant things, isn't that a small price to pay in order to have more eyes on the Test Version?

More people playing the Test Version means potentially more bugs being discovered and reported.

Then when you encounter someone moaning and groaning about the things not working perfectly in the Test Version (after they were clearly warned it was a Test Version), you can do what you always do to posters who annoy you - Ingore them!!!

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021

Even if people will say unpleasant things, isn't that a small price to pay in order to have more eyes on the Test Version?

More people playing the Test Version means potentially more bugs being discovered and reported.

Then when you encounter someone moaning and groaning about the things not working perfectly in the Test Version (after they were clearly warned it was a Test Version), you can do what you always do to posters who annoy you - Ingore them!!!
Yea. just make sure you properly label those as test version / bughunt version.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory

Abaddon44

Nov 15, 2020
Why are most of the male characters evil?
John is literally the only competent character who doesn't have any bad intentions, Rick is drunk most of the time and Corven is in a weird spot with his vengeance.

It wouldn't hurt to have a male friend who knows how to fight and doesn't have bad intentions with the MC.

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Why are most of the male characters evil?
John is literally the only competent character who doesn't have any bad intentions, Rick is drunk most of the time and Corven is in a weird spot with his vengeance.

It wouldn't hurt to have a male friend who knows how to fight and doesn't have bad intentions with the MC.
It's just that type of world, those with any power/means are basically corrupt one way or another.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Test Versions aren't meant to be shared with the public... they are more of a proof of concept.
Chyos will release the full Version within the next 2 days or so... it's not that he needs help testing just a show of goodwill to give the Patreons something to see befor the end of the month

May 26, 2019
Test Versions aren't meant to be shared with the public... they are more of a proof of concept.
Chyos will release the full Version within the next 2 days or so... it's not that he needs help testing just a show of goodwill to give the Patreons something to see befor the end of the month
Fair enough and I completely understand.

I just didn't like what your original post was insinuating - that the sole reason why more eyeballs aren't on the Test Version is because some people who can't read/understand that it's a Test Version would complain in this thread.

Anyway, I can't wait to play Chyos's new updates and I thank you for the information.

Cheers!!!

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Ah I forgot, Pr0GamerJohnny checked the missing man, it wasn’t a bug, he was guarding Umah’s hut, that wasn’t showed in the hud, but once the quest is continued he will return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Fair enough and I completely understand.

I just didn't like what your original post was insinuating - that the sole reason why more eyeballs aren't on the Test Version is because some people who can't read/understand that it's a Test Version would complain in this thread.

Anyway, I can't wait to play Chyos's new updates and I thank you for the information.

Cheers!!!
Well I mean that's exactly what happened each time a testversion got leaked.
I am kinda tired of reading all the complaints even after several posts about "You have been warned!"

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Well there is atleast one timesensitive Quest though... Emilys abduction, you have 1 week to free her or pay a ransom
I think by time-exclusive, they meant "do this within X days from the start of the game or you'll be locked out of it". Emily's abduction is time-sensitive but you choose when the quest should actually start. But otherwise, you could just not do anything after Marcus's death and nothing would've happened.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I interpreted it. That said, the all of us probably collectively answered the potential meanings of that question so all is good now.

ametoq

Feb 6, 2021
Hey guys Finally I found out how to trigger the Frisha/Emily/MC threesome sex reliable. It's not a bug, but once again just expressed unclearly in the WT. I apologize for my previous statement, I was wrong. This time the complete reliable user manual:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this doesn't work when emily is pregnant frisha just comes and looks at it i can't get past point 6

Reactions: exazubi
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes