acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Acowasto coming out of nowhere after years of silence with a big ass essay, the mad lad.
How you doing buddy
Well, Hello There.
I had quite a lot of work to do for the past, like two(?) years with but a few free days here and there just to read few post and, I think, write few in Masters of Raana, If I remember correctly. Now I have more free time, so I can finally play something worth playing, maybe dig a bit into ASS files or even try to make my very own game in rpg mv, hah.

This was adressed and changed already... fucking Hiba is still the fastest way to get to the Alchemy but there are alternatives now.
You only need to romance Raaisha and Tia in order to advancewith the Rumah story... but it takes much more work if you skip both Hiba and Nyra.
And again Claire is not required to be romanced or fucked by MC... he can just push Roderick to fulfill his duty as her husband.
Emily is the only one that you need to start any kind of sexual relationship in order to advance the story.

I'll agree that combat needs rebalanceing... but maybe a better approach would be to stop getting Exp from enemies once MC exceeds their Level to a certain degree... it would keep people from overleveling to much, as the game can't provide stronger enemies any faster without overhelming those starteing a fresh game.
Oh. That's good to know. Thank you. I think my knowledge about ASS is quite outdated by now. Gotta shut that mouth of mine till I re-learn and learn more then.
I just finished, like... yesterday(?) the game to the current point, so I probably missed few more or less important things about the game.

As for the combat. A experience cap seems rather fair idea. People won't overlevel if they can't gain experience. But this might born a problem of bad talent build for MC, so a way to reset them might be needed. Let's say asking Isha/Athia/Pater/Syfa to reset them for a favour or a quest.

To be honest I would like to have decreased amount of respawned enemies around all areas after we cleared them for the first time (Calan's Rest comes to mind), as currently it feels like everywhere I go there's an army waiting for me to be slaughtered. And also having different ways to gain experience would be nice. Let's say by training with Liv, chopping wood with Tia, alchemy with Kath or even cooking with Emily/Claire. We already have minigames in ASS. Add one, and better a different one, to each example above and we can finally break from the boring combat grind.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Well, Hello There.
I had quite a lot of work to do for the past, like two(?) years with but a few free days here and there just to read few post and, I think, write few in Masters of Raana, If I remember correctly. Now I have more free time, so I can finally play something worth playing, maybe dig a bit into ASS files or even try to make my very own game in rpg mv, hah.
Ah good to know, now you are finally back, ask anything, what changed, what is gonna change, now I even talk to the big man himself.
An Acowasto videogame sounds good, but do you have what it takes? (Pain, suffering aka imagination and coding?)
Oh. That's good to know. Thank you. I think my knowledge about ASS is quite outdated by now. Gotta shut that mouth of mine till I re-learn and learn more then.
I just finished, like... yesterday(?) the game to the current point, so I probably missed few more or less important things about the game.

As for the combat. A experience cap seems rather fair idea. People won't overlevel if they can't gain experience. But this might born a problem of bad talent build for MC, so a way to reset them might be needed. Let's say asking Isha/Athia/Pater/Syfa to reset them for a favour or a quest.

To be honest I would like to have decreased amount of respawned enemies around all areas after we cleared them for the first time (Calan's Rest comes to mind), as currently it feels like everywhere I go there's an army waiting for me to be slaughtered. And also having different ways to gain experience would be nice. Let's say by training with Liv, chopping wood with Tia, alchemy with Kath or even cooking with Emily/Claire. We already have minigames in ASS. Add one, and better a different one, to each example above and we can finally break from the boring combat grind.
Next update a new mechanic to gain exp and materials shall be obtained, a treasure finding mechanic.
And in Julia’s update the billboard with repeatable quests will pop up, if those quests will be tedious as fuck or actually enjoyable we will see, but I’ll try to direct him on the second part.

Reactions: acowasto

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well, Hello There.

Well give Emily food, help Claire in the Kitchen (both repeatable +30 Exp), Hunt any Animal +30 Exp.
Regarding the Talent reset... maybe that's an Option for Lucious... after MC hands him the alchemy book from Gwen/Isha he could learn that Potion recipe.... getting it would cost a good deal of money and it would fit the setting and Lucious Character.
The respawn rate is actually quite usefull early on and shortens the grind when you attempt to build your mercenary army.

Reactions: acowasto

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Well give Emily food, help Claire in the Kitchen (both repeatable +30 Exp), Hunt any Animal +30 Exp.
Regarding the Talent reset... maybe that's an Option for Lucious... after MC hands him the alchemy book from Gwen/Isha he could learn that Potion recipe.... getting it would cost a good deal of money and it would fit the setting and Lucious Character.
The respawn rate is actually quite usefull early on and shortens the grind when you attempt to build your mercenary army.
Or Rick, they drink so much they pass out and forget everything.
A new quest to find some good booze

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I mean they are sexual oriented based, in one she is humiliated and sexually forced, in another one she is slowly brought to corruption and in the last one it is more lovey dovey vanilla stuff.
I was talking about the choices I had encountered which were greyed out.
not the one that person posted that had greyed out.

> some guy: I can't pick blackmail it is greyed out
> me: it was not greyed out for me. but i did come across a bunch of greyed out choices in monestary
> you: they were sexual choices
> me: they (the choices I came across) were not sexual choices.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I was talking about the choices I had encountered which were greyed out.
not the one that person posted that had greyed out.

> some guy: I can't pick blackmail it is greyed out
> me: it was not greyed out for me. but i did come across a bunch of greyed out choices in monestary
> you: they were sexual choices
> me: they (the choices I came across) were not sexual choices.
1696195841065.jpeg

Reactions: harem.king

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Ah good to know, now you are finally back, ask anything, what changed, what is gonna change, now I even talk to the big man himself.
An Acowasto videogame sounds good, but do you have what it takes? (Pain, suffering aka imagination and coding?)

Next update a new mechanic to gain exp and materials shall be obtained, a treasure finding mechanic.
And in Julia’s update the billboard with repeatable quests will pop up, if those quests will be tedious as fuck or actually enjoyable we will see, but I’ll try to direct him on the second part.
Well yes, I'm back and I think I'll stay for quite a while. Althrough I'll be reading more than writting. I mean, I see I have quite a lot of pages in this thread. And you talkin' to the Big Man? Well, congrats, mate.

As for game makin... Life is a pain! Pain of existence! As for imagination I think I still have it. Bigger problem would be inspiration. She's like a cat, comes and goes whenever she wants. As for coding. There's the beauty of RPG engines. You don't really need to know coding in order to make games in it. You need time, a lot of it and you'll learn javascript on the way, trying to "fix" plugins. Not that I don't know javascript, but it's been quite while since I was "politely asking" yanfly or sumrndmdde plugins to work without crashing, hah.

Or Rick, they drink so much they pass out and forget everything.
A new quest to find some good booze
Quest Name: The Drunken Masters!
Level: Over 9000

Description:
After drinking all the booze from Pia's inn, Rumah supply and Orcish fungi beer you woke up in the middle of Darkwood naked alongside Tia, snoring Syfa, Bridget wearking bunny suit, 2 unknown to you cat-girls and naked Rick weirdly hugging a tree trunk. You wonder what happened and how that happened. You hope you will find out.

Objectives:
1. Win with hangover.
2. Talk to Dryad after freeing her from Rick grasp.
3. Join Isha and Athia kissing eachother in the river.
4. Ask Maui where she found that stone golem and why it's giving you strange looks.
5. Talk with Lady of the Lake and Rick about thier engagement.
6. Find out why Giron was turned into chicken. No need to do that.
7. Help Melissa to Steal the undrinkable mug from the lost and forgotten dwarven fortress.
8. Win with hangover.

Rewards:
Happy ever after?

Reactions: zARRR

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Well yes, I'm back and I think I'll stay for quite a while. Althrough I'll be reading more than writting. I mean, I see I have quite a lot of pages in this thread. And you talkin' to the Big Man? Well, congrats, mate.

As for game makin... Life is a pain! Pain of existence! As for imagination I think I still have it. Bigger problem would be inspiration. She's like a cat, comes and goes whenever she wants. As for coding. There's the beauty of RPG engines. You don't really need to know coding in order to make games in it. You need time, a lot of it and you'll learn javascript on the way, trying to "fix" plugins. Not that I don't know javascript, but it's been quite while since I was "politely asking" yanfly or sumrndmdde plugins to work without crashing, hah.
Ah yes, you have of lore and drama to uncover before becoming an ASWS historian and know all the details, the enemies and treasures…
But thanks.

It is, It is, especial this year annus horribilis, and yeah I have too the engine but I am either too busy or too lazy to use it therefore I’ll limit myself for now to feedback and idea creating, if ya wanna talk more about this stuff, better the PM, you never know how mods will swipe you out.
Quest Name: The Drunken Masters!
Level: Over 9000

Description:
After drinking all the booze from Pia's inn, Rumah supply and Orcish fungi beer you woke up in the middle of Darkwood naked alongside Tia, snoring Syfa, Bridget wearking bunny suit, 2 unknown to you cat-girls and naked Rick weirdly hugging a tree trunk. You wonder what happened and how that happened. You hope you will find out.

Objectives:
1. Win with hangover.
2. Talk to Dryad after freeing her from Rick grasp.
3. Join Isha and Athia kissing eachother in the river.
4. Ask Maui where she found that stone golem and why it's giving you strange looks.
5. Talk with Lady of the Lake and Rick about thier engagement.
6. Find out why Giron was turned into chicken. No need to do that.
7. Help Melissa to Steal the undrinkable mug from the lost and forgotten dwarven fortress.
8. Win with hangover.

Rewards:
Happy ever after?
Ah that’s why I missed ye.
Since there's going to be a massive gameplay rework, is there any danger of old saves being unusable?
For now the system looks stable, for now tho, it works as intended.

Last edited:

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Do I have to murder all the goblins, or can I work on getting 15 or so mercs and sending some to the mine to finish John's quest? I kinda like the little guys, they are easy to kill and drop a lot of iron and xp. I came here when I was level 30 and just beating up the gobbos that call others and resetting has got me to level 60 now.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Do I have to murder all the goblins, or can I work on getting 15 or so mercs and sending some to the mine to finish John's quest? I kinda like the little guys, they are easy to kill and drop a lot of iron and xp. I came here when I was level 30 and just beating up the gobbos that call others and resetting has got me to level 60 now.
One goblin will always respawn, the others in the camp die

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Lately they respawn even if you cleared the mine and have mercaneries deployed [except for the big groups in the Camps]

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Might as well finish the genocide and level 60 is a pretty nice boost, also is it just me or does perception lie and actually do nothing at all to increase your critical %?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Might as well finish the genocide and level 60 is a pretty nice boost, also is it just me or does perception lie and actually do nothing at all to increase your critical %?
The Bonus is likely rather small but at high enough Level my MC certainly has a much higher Crit rate than Tia or Lyvia

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes