DuckgoQuack

Jul 1, 2022
Turns out my subscription isnt quite done. i THINK this is the last post i get until my subscription runs out (or it isnt and i am a liar):

Good afternoon,

the first testversion is out, but of course I'm still working on the next objective.
But before I continue with that time for a short update.

A large part of the working time this week went into balancing the combat system. But of course it doesn't stop there, as you may have already seen in the 0.5.6.5 version I have made further minor changes. Among other things I have reworked a few dialogue pictures, including those of Marcus (which were long overdue) and also for the MC. Especially with the latter I had a hard time, because I know that it's hard to adjust to a new character image when you're used to the old ones (it was already something that only worked grudgingly the last time). But it was also very necessary, as the old character pictures had already collected a lot of dust. It will take some time to get used to, but I hope you can accept the new look of the MC (I tried to get the images as close to the old ones as possible), if you want I can also upload a patch with which you can restore the old dialogue pictures.

The changes to the combat system are far from complete. I plan to add more skills to the enemies and of course do more tests on higher levels in the coming week.
One thing I couldn't implement sadly is the set bonus feature. I've tested it on Wednesday and it worked fine until I tried loading an existing save (the game crashed). So I removed the armor sets again.
This together with the category system for items is now on the list of features that will require a save wipe. As promised I won't do it in this rework update, but I fear there won't be a way around it in the future. Right now it still isn't enough reason for me to make a save wipe, but I think that the next time I do a rework update there will be more plugins that I want to add so then it will become necessary. I know I said I didn't want to do this again, but it looks like I can't get around it if I want to add all the features I want for the game. So just so you can mentally prepare: I will do another save wipe on the next rework update (I hate to announce that).

I'm currently working on making the relationship with Emily optional. If everything goes as planned, I'll get it finished today. In the coming week I then plan to work on the other goals for this rework update. First the Rumah timetable, Frisha and the Kings visit, a rework of Claire's first animations + Imawyn's and there are a lot of smaller things that I will look into.
I've recently started a new playthrough myself to get a better understanding of which passages of the game need to be improved. I did this also to get the combat balancing right, but yeah that is still a longer process as said before.

Then there is of course also the upcoming christmas event. As said already I want to add something new for that this year, so that is something for you to decide. I will think about which scenes would work and then I'll make a poll in which you vote for who get's the christmas scene (Kate will be excluded since she already had one). That will be started in the coming week.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll now continue working.
I wish you all a nice weekend!

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Making and selling armour gives you literally an infinite supply of money (since the cost of buying the materials is less than the price I get by selling it). I know it makes sense in a realistic way but it kinda removes any incentive to grind and earn
It's not like you really have to grind money if you know what to do, for example you get 1 gold per elder wood, so it's easy to rack up huge amounts of money.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Well, it's not like I'm not 'orking on it. But if you wish I can spam memes instead. :D
No spamming gifs and ASWS memes is good, I am just very curious, I need updates
1701502959695.gif

It's not like you really have to grind money if you know what to do, for example you get 1 gold per elder wood, so it's easy to rack up huge amounts of money.
I still don’t know tho if every item including elder wood should be reworked, me and Chyos haven’t discussed it yet.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Heck, involve the Goddessess for a solution, they've not done anything for aeons now.
> Goddesses
> Plural

I genuinely completely forgot I have two goddesses
I remembered gwen/isha, the useful magic witch goddess that gives you power.
I totally forgot though that I have athia as my maid/sex slave.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
> Goddesses
> Plural

I genuinely completely forgot I have two goddesses
I remembered gwen/isha, the useful magic witch goddess that gives you power.
I totally forgot though that I have athia as my maid/sex slave.
To be fair even in the Athia route she hasn’t regained her powers yet, but now after the rework weaknesses (and from my suggestion) MC shall receive an immunity to light attacks and light spells.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
To be fair even in the Athia route she hasn’t regained her powers yet, but now after the rework weaknesses (and from my suggestion) MC shall receive an immunity to light attacks and light spells.
That is pretty cool.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: zARRR

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
But shouldn't MC be rather weak to holy/light magic as his powers got corrupted by demons?
I think he'd be a better fit for resistance to darkness and weakness to holy magic

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
But shouldn't MC be rather weak to holy/light magic as his powers got corrupted by demons?
I think he'd be a better fit for resistance to darkness and weakness to holy magic
1. MC power is not demonic corruption but divine corruption. Isha uses bartered for demonic power to perform witchcraft to brew a potion that infuses the MC with divine corruption power so that it can be fed back into her and let her start regaining her divinity. (which is why she regains her youth too. Something that the mere demonic magic cannot do for her).

2. He is specifically talking about the effective of developing a relationship with the goddess Athia (either as her master or lover). The goddess which all the paladins and priests casting light magic at you worship and pray to as they yry to smite you.

Think about it, a priest yells
> "Athia, lend me your divine power to smite this heretic"
and then shoots a beam of Holy Magic inflused with the powers of Athia's at you...
... meanwhile that very goddess is lying in your bed leaking your cum out of every orifice.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Whaddya mean.
He gets cursed by Isha, he gets a bit of darkness immunity but he is weak to light.
He allies with Isha he gets BIG percentage of darkness immunity and cool spells.
Vice versa for Athia.
Would that require a restart? I hope not.

Also, I am really sad I chose to not rename Gwen into Isha. I don't know what idiocy made me pick no on the rename.
Nah, this rework won’t break saves.
But the next one will.

I mean Gwen is still cool as a witch name, but Isha is hands down better.
Like calling a God you met, Mark, instead of the ALMIGHTY AND ALL KNOWING Y̴̨̨̧̗̣̺̣̻̫͙͚̘̠̞̻̯͕͇̘͇̞̱̘̫͍͉̥̯̺̳͙̟̼͈̯̑̀̈́̃̑̐͛̑͐̿̌̾͋̚͘͜͝͠Ḩ̶̧̨̢̢͚̘̖̪̳̥̺̳̯̝̬͍͇͕̟̲̟͖͈̠̜̺͎̰̠̜̯͋̓̓́͛̆̊̓͜͝W̵̢̡̛̛̲͇͚̘̭̰͖̮̖̖̤͆́́̈́͂̾̋͗̒̂̆̀̔̈́̌̊̀͂̈́́̍́̈́̀̑̇́̎͌͌́̇̕͝͠͝H̵̢̡̧̢̭͕̥̘̮̼̤͖̰̻̖̱͍̳͙̞̠̣̜̜̺̻͇̞̠̤̔̈́̔́̇̾͋͆͗͝

Reactions: harem.king

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
1. MC power is not demonic corruption but divine corruption. Isha uses bartered for demonic power to perform witchcraft to brew a potion that infuses the MC with divine corruption power so that it can be fed back into her and let her start regaining her divinity. (which is why she regains her youth too. Something that the mere demonic magic cannot do for her).

2. He is specifically talking about the effective of developing a relationship with the goddess Athia (either as her master or lover). The goddess which all the paladins and priests casting light magic at you worship and pray to as they yry to smite you.

Think about it, a priest yells
> "Athia, lend me your divine power to smite this heretic"
and then shoots a beam of Holy Magic inflused with the powers of Athia's at you...
... meanwhile that very goddess is lying in your bed leaking your cum out of every orifice.
If you side with Athia she explains how Ishas pact with Gromthul had corrupted her very essence, which is also why MCs cum has corruptive properties.
Whaddya mean.
He gets cursed by Isha, he gets a bit of darkness immunity but he is weak to light.
He allies with Isha he gets BIG percentage of darkness immunity and cool spells.
Vice versa for Athia.
Athia is currently powerless, maybe MC could gain an immunity when being her Champion once she regained some of her powers... but right now he has a stronger alignment with the Dark god rather than the light (unless MC is somehow connected to Uldar whom apparently went missing alongside Isha)

And to make sure... darkness is not unholy it's an element which can also be holy if it's an aspect of a god

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
If you side with Athia she explains how Ishas pact with Gromthul had corrupted her very essence, which is also why MCs cum has corruptive properties.
Gromthul is a god though. He created orcs and demons.
So it would still be divine corruption rather than demonic corruption.
Also, wasn't Isha goddess of magic and corruption even before that?

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
The changes in the combat system mean that you better start a new game anyway.
I don't see why.
Could just record your XP, reset your char to new version level 1. then give you the XP back.
items can be stripped and possibly modified to new system as well.

It is easier to just not include a conversion system. But easier is not the same as necessary.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Gromthul is a god though. He created orcs and demons.
So it would still be divine corruption rather than demonic corruption.
Also, wasn't Isha goddess of magic and corruption even before that?
Demonic != Darkness
Corruption != Demonic Corruption
Divine != Holy/light
Isha was Lust, Fertility and Love, her pact with Gromthul corrupted her aspects to be more forceful and dark

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
No spamming gifs and ASWS memes is good, I am just very curious, I need updates
View attachment 3135682
Heh, there's not much to say besides "I'm trying to understand my very own game mechanics from the past" and "I'm fighting with rpg maker" when I have some free time to do so. At least making my ugly and small maps ain't causing me headaches.

Still, ain't nowere near ASS quality and quantity at it's infant state.

The changes in the combat system mean that you better start a new game anyway. Plus the intro and early scenes have also been reworked.
I don't see why.
Could just record your XP, reset your char to new version level 1. then give you the XP back.
items can be stripped and possibly modified to new system as well.

It is easier to just not include a conversion system. But easier is not the same as necessary.
Without a detailed change log there is no way to actually tell if saves are going to be truly broken or just require "move some shit and update every other shit" event to keep playing. Still, I am sure as hell I'm not going to just accept it and lose another 134+ hours playthrough and I'll do everything in my power (which means basically nothing) to unbreak it in order to play on it.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Heh, there's not much to say besides "I'm trying to understand my very own game mechanics from the past" and "I'm fighting with rpg maker" when I have some free time to do so. At least making my ugly and small maps ain't causing me headaches.

Still, ain't nowere near ASS quality and quantity at it's infant state.
Still a cool recap of your suffering attempts at developing like devlog could be nice somewhere.
Same for the plot and mechanics; even with DMs I have an unsatiable curiosity
Without a detailed change log there is no way to actually tell if saves are going to be truly broken or just require "move some shit and update every other shit" event to keep playing. Still, I am sure as hell I'm not going to just accept it and lose another 134+ hours playthrough and I'll do everything in my power (which means basically nothing) to unbreak it in order to play on it.
Skill issue, life is pain and never ending circle, I can stand the samsara that ASS is :geek:
(For now he is taking notes of each things that is breaking but if the future reserves us a grim outcome only time will tell)
Demonic != Darkness
Corruption != Demonic Corruption
Divine != Holy/light
Isha was Lust, Fertility and Love, her pact with Gromthul corrupted her aspects to be more forceful and dark
Well there are new elements that enemies will have; for example the living dead crusaders will have both light and darkness properties having drank from that chalice.

Reactions: Evangelion-01
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes