Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Nah nah nah, foxes shall have the same gameplay value as wolves.
You can kill them in one hit if you sneak up behind, or engage a fight, they have like 3-5 hp and every hit you make deals one damage, if you hit them, of course
That's not how it works as a mechanic for "rare" animals.

ForeverLosing

Mar 26, 2022
I hope Chyos doesn't spend too much time catering to the particular whims of two disturbingly-active members of this subforum. I swear every time I come here for news I see dozens upon dozens of their posts. You have tons of other fans who do enjoy the unique optional content your game brings to the table.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
That's not how it works as a mechanic for "rare" animals.
Well I tried, you have to decline somehow the real fox hunting into the gameplay aspect of the gam:
If you put a trap, it becomes a matter of RNG or how much you are lucky.
A pheromones trap is better.

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Well I tried, you have to decline somehow the real fox hunting into the gameplay aspect of the gam:
If you put a trap, it becomes a matter of RNG or how much you are lucky.
A pheromones trap is better.
On medieval times, to catch foxes, you need traps, dogs, and a specific time of the day. If hunting foxes in the game must be a "rare" animal, they must have more mechanics. For example, to catch rats you need put traps, that's unique(it shouldnt be though, they are fucking rats for god sake)
Foxes must be on the same direction.
Another one is the bear, there is only one bear in the game, and you musta specific route to fight him.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
There are no traps for foxes!. Or do you think foxes aren't sneaky?
There is still the smelling bait in Marcus old room that could be used for this though
Similiar like the traps... place it in the hunting grounds and than wait in the watch tower if you are lucky you get a chance to hunt it for example

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
There is still the smelling bait in Marcus old room that could be used for this though
Similiar like the traps... place it in the hunting grounds and than wait in the watch tower if you are lucky you get a chance to hunt it for example
That could work, but I would add a dog too, so you make it more specific to trigger a catch for foxes.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
On medieval times, to catch foxes, you need traps, dogs, and a specific time of the day. If hunting foxes in the game must be a "rare" animal, they must have more mechanics. For example, to catch rats you need put traps, that's unique(it shouldnt be though, they are fucking rats for god sake)
Foxes must be on the same direction.
Another one is the bear, there is only one bear in the game, and you musta specific route to fight him.
But Yotetaaar I know on medieval times for one fox you had to do a fuckton of stuff.
That’s why it could also be prepared by nobleman or rich people, but this is a fantasy, we can’t go realistic everytime.
If we went realistic everytime rabbit meat would become rotten after a few days, the glassmaker would become richer than Giron and NTR players would get STD.
And That bear was probably the last bear on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
That could work, but I would add a dog too, so you make it more specific to trigger a catch for foxes.
Dogs and cats at home... I can see that turning into a trope hunt Event lraving the house in shambles upon MC return... and a distressed Athia at the door:ROFLMAO:

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
But Yotetaaar I know on medieval times for one fox you had to do a fuckton of stuff.
That’s why it could also be prepared by nobleman or rich people, but this is a fantasy, we can’t go realistic everytime.
If we went realistic everytime rabbit meat would become rotten after a few days, the glassmaker would become richer than Giron and NTR players would get STD.
And That bear was probably the last bear on earth.
For fuck's sake I am talking about adding mechanic to make a specific route to catch foxes, like the traps you need to catch rats.
If we were totally realistic, you couldn't catch rabbits, because they are nocturnal and they are small target to aim.
Also if we were more realistic, Rumah women would be hairy as fuck, so hairy that we would need a machete to savage those wild lands.Even on armpits.
Dogs and cats at home... I can see that turning into a trope hunt Event lraving the house in shambles upon MC return... and a distressed Athia at the door:ROFLMAO:
Cat vs dog, Athia with a smoke, it could happen.

• Haha
Reactions: zARRR

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
For fuck's sake I am talking about adding mechanic to make a specific route to catch foxes, like the traps you need to catch rats.
If we were totally realistic, you couldn't catch rabbits, because they are nocturnal and they are small target to aim.
Also if we were more realistic, Rumah women would be hairy as fuck, so hairy that we would need a machete to savage those wild lands.Even on armpits.

Cat vs dog, Athia with a smoke, it could happen.
Dogs are used in Fox hunts in order to tire them out... makeing it a sport to shoot at tired animals since noble men are anything but quiet when hunting... a commoner hunting on the other side doesn't ned that as long as he is sneaky/stealthy enough

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Dogs are used in Fox hunts in order to tire them out... makeing it a sport to shoot at tired animals since noble men are anything but quiet when hunting... a commoner hunting on the other side doesn't ned that as long as he is sneaky/stealthy enough
Think about mechanics, why no one thinks about new mechanics? A hunter always have a dog in medieval times, it is part of their job.
We need a dog.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Think about mechanics, why no one thinks about new mechanics? A hunter always have a dog in medieval times, it is part of their job.
We need a dog.
meh a dog is annoying...it needs to be fed, played with and takein out to... shit... here we go again :rolleyes:
maybe we can have magical animals appear when hunting... you know there are several mysthical foxes depicted in various folklore around the world, hunting one down is a must for some magical drop... a magic tail for a new bow maybe?

• Sad

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
We need a dog.
Fine let’s do a dog mechanic just for animals like foxes and sparrows.
Let’s make it a rhythm game.
Hunt Hunt revolution or Friday fucking Nyra, smash those buttons while in the background Rick sings “never gonna give you up”

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
See it this way, dog can be used in hunting as a medchanic,. but it could be used at more things:

For example do you know about emergency food? Dogs and cats can be used in emergencies to have something to eat. In china and those east lands eat dogs, and they butcher them as any other animal. We could use them to make food, or we could kill dogs from other people in the game to make them eat their dogs and cats.

• Thinking Face

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
See it this way, dog can be used in hunting as a medchanic,. but it could be used at more things:

For example do you know about emergency food? Dogs and cats can be used in emergencies to have something to eat. In china and those east lands eat dogs, and they butcher them as any other animal. We could use them to make food, or we could kill dogs from other people in the game to make them eat their dogs and cats.
I mean that’s a cultural thing, some animals are considered sacred or pets in a place while in another they cook them or eat them.
In ancient Rome the banquets had from Peacocks to other unusual animals.

And that’s honestly drastic, the game isn’t HARDCORE SURVIVAL DIE OR LIVE (copyrighted) where people kill each other for a piece of molded bread.
MC ain’t even dying of starvation, if you wanna kill your dog, you kill it because you want it.
Just give to the dog a characteristic similar to the cat, he brings items, or he pees on the carpet.

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
I mean that’s a cultural thing, some animals are considered sacred or pets in a place while in another they cook them or eat them.
In ancient Rome the banquets had from Peacocks to other unusual animals.

And that’s honestly drastic, the game isn’t HARDCORE SURVIVAL DIE OR LIVE (copyrighted) where people kill each other for a piece of molded bread.
MC ain’t even dying of starvation, if you wanna kill your dog, you kill it because you want it.
Just give to the dog a characteristic similar to the cat, he brings items, or he pees on the carpet.
You started with the shit, I just went to the next lvl. You sau, but Rumah would be die or live seeing the situation with orcs.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
You started with the shit, I just went to the next lvl. You sau, but Rumah would be die or live seeing the situation with orcs.
Yup, if you wanna go next level, let us go next level, crafting system based on dogs’ bones, arrow of bones, dagger of bones, bones of dogs made for dogs.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think more hunting mechanics could come in handy eventually like if we ever reach the Elfen forest for example.. or atleast some serious noble hgunting ground.
For life or death fight there is always some kind of colluseum in fantasy games... either in the Orc village or an underground organisation in Kirlic maybe.
Getting stranded on the islands south of the frontline could turn into a survival trip where you eat anything you get your hands on... but that's so far stretched I won't even call it a real possibility t be honest.
Yup, if you wanna go next level, let us go next level, crafting system based on dogs’ bones, arrow of bones, dagger of bones, bones of dogs made for dogs.
Meh... Wolf Fangs and Bones are stronger anyway... not to mention the bear.

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Meh, you could say to give your babies to the orcs , for eating or using their bones to craft gum as souvenir for tourists.

I think more hunting mechanics could come in handy eventually like if we ever reach the Elfen forest for example.. or atleast some serious noble hgunting ground.
For life or death fight there is always some kind of colluseum in fantasy games... either in the Orc village or an underground organisation in Kirlic maybe.
Getting stranded on the islands south of the frontline could turn into a survival trip where you eat anything you get your hands on... but that's so far stretched I won't even call it a real possibility t be honest.

Well, we dont need to go so far to make some basics, like baits of some kind, or having a dog.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020

Dragon armor.
Best bone equipment, from draaagons.

I am still waiting for their appearance, final boss?
Super boss?
They may not exist, but Chyos loves to throw at you plot twists, I guess they will pop up

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes