VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Summer Back Home [Day 2 v1.0] [Great dane games]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes
Mar 27, 2019
I'll give it a couple of updates just to make sure, but right now, my knee-jerk reaction is....just no.

I played a little of the 1st drop, and I didn't even make it to the house the story was that implausible. Just got done with the rework, and the story is quite a bit more plausible...I was willing to give the father and Charlotte a chance, but like what's been mentioned before, after that phone call with the father I would have walked right back into that airport, hop the first flight back to Germany, and completely blocked any and all numbers from that family. And then to find out from Charlotte later that his dad LIED to him and was the most likely explanation for his mother leaving? Wouldn't have had to worry about me even messing up the bed...would have left right then and there for a hotel and tell her thanks but no thanks.

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
In the beginning, when MC told his dad to shove it, I thought that was one of the more baller things I've seen outta an MC lately. Unfortunately, everything just seemed to go downhill from there. Went from an MC that had a chance at having some agency to 'oh she's so hot' 'I'm getting hard just looking at her' 'Hope her daughters are just as hot'.

Oh and MC about 'I can't just ask straight out', yes you can.

Fucking not even sending anyone to pick him up at the airport. The level of asshole is astounding.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of A Summer Back Home Day 1 v1.0

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan A Summer Back Home Day 1 v1.0

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of A Summer Back Home [v0.1.2]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan A Summer Back Home [v0.1.2]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Last edited:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Ok the MC looks better now and the dialogue is fixed but every other problem is still there or worse why does the MC feel bad for his dad? Choices don't seem to matter and the MC is already horny for Charlotte. Why didn't Charlotte pick him up at the airport? Why no confrontation when the MC learned that the dad already started something with her while still being with his wife?

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Changelog is for version 2.1 and story change but the download is for version 1.2 and when I downloaded it and I started playing from last save it ended exactly same place as last time so I thought maybe it was a bugfix but changelog is giving other picture so I am a bit confused.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
One thing I noticed right from the start is there is a huge disconnect between the player and the events. You are asked what your name is but the story is told in a way that you are just watching yourself as just another npc.

The game starts out with the lines "This is (Your Name). (Your Name) was born in a little town named Wingston. He is 22 years old. There is no player inclusion with this method, It's (Your Name) or He, not "You" as a player character.

The other thing that is a bit off to me is the different sized text to portray emotion or loudness. That can be done with proper punctuations. Also the low volume font is very small, I play on a 47' TV but I can see the size as a problem on smaller screens.

Edit: Never mind any of that. I just got to the part where this guy is about to get a boner completely out of the blue and out of context of the situation. He is talking to a completely clothed woman about his father and he is turned on? I think I can see how this one is going to play out already.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Well done Dev (y) The choice of model for MC is a welcome change and definitely an improvement imho. Cant wait to meet and greet Charlotte's daughters :p hehe.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Not bad, besides the cliche and the MC thoughts like "what am I thinking...", I'm looking foward to the next update. I was scared for a while in the dream scene as I thought the MC was getting laid without giving me the choice. You got me there.

Thank you and good luck.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Your father's new family?
what happened to the old family?
Do we get to see his old family in this update or the next.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes