VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Summer Back Home [Day 2 v1.0] [Great dane games]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
The MC looks a lot better now and looks like a man in his twenties. The story is a lot a lot more readable now and the dad isn't a completely irredeemable dickhead so the game is a lot better now and hopefully you can focus on future updates since the game looks like it could be pretty good in the future.

Jhu

Jan 5, 2018
I bet all chemical engineering graduates are like that:oops:

*comment by public management student

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
MC's appearance is an improvement.

MC's reaction to his father's new wife isn't an improvement.

MC's still given an ultimatum, still resisted that ultimatum, then still has to work his butt off to make it through school because his father decides to be a complete jerk and withhold education expenses.

I *think* the added scene and dialogue being understanding about his father moving on is supposed to soften the MC up about finally returning home the summer after he graduates, but to me at least it makes no sense.

To me at least, the problem was not that his Father had moved on. The problem wasn't that his Father wanted to go through the room of his Mother's things and get rid of some of them.

The problem was the MC's father being an unreasonable jerk in both how he delivered all that information and demanding, not asking, that his son return home that summer.

Thus MC feeling guilty? Makes no sense.

Thus the MC being afraid to contact his father? Makes no sense.

His father is a narcissistic asshole that deserves to have his child go permanently no contact.

That's the mindset I'm in as a player reaching the point that his new Stepmom calls him.

Then in the call his new stepmom tell him that his father feels terrible about how he left things. She tells him that his father feels guilty.

She tells him. Not his father calling and admitting he did even a tiny thing wrong, no, she tells him these things.

Throwing in the "go and try it for a few days" is a HUGE positive step toward this being plausible.

Dad not being there to pick him up and telling MC that Dad wasn't home when he arrived as promised and then would be traveling to another country instead of returning home reverses all of that.

Following the logic of the plot so far MC should have walked back into the airport and booked a return flight immediately, instead he waits and takes the bus???

If you want to make this even remotely plausible, do NOT have the MC take a bus, have Charlotte pick him up so he doesn't have a 25 minute wait and 50 minute bus ride to stew over things.

Also put some damn luggage in the image.

Why does he even think to himself that he's staying the whole summer when he arrives? His friends convinced him to go on the idea that he should at least give his Dad a chance and then could bail if things went badly.

Things have already gone badly. He shouldn't be thinking of being stuck there all summer.

Then MC discovers his Dad was possibly cheating on his mother with Charlotte, giving at least one more reason to hate Dad.

From there the very first night... his Charlotte comes on to him while he's sleeping because she's so lonely since MC's Dad is always away, but that's a dream?

Nope. Just Nope. Lots of games require that I be willing to suspend my disbelief, but none of the changes are enough to make me do that.

I really feel like you could just:
  • Cut out the entire first part with 2 years of stewing at his dad being an ass.
  • Start with the MC graduating and his father inviting him for a post graduate summer reunion
  • As always Dad's unable to get away from work, New Stepmom picks him up.
  • *That's* MC's first introduction to there being 4 women and No Dad in the house that Summer.
    • MC is pissed at his father for continuing to be an absent jerk.
    • MC is pissed at his father for cheating on his mother after Charlotte's story of how she met his father.
    • MC has no loyalty to his father and is angry at Charlotte for being a homewrecker so he has no reason not to score with as many of the ladies as he can.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Also... Charlotte's hairstyle makes me think she's going to ask to speak to the manager of any and every retail establishment she has contact with.

• Haha
Reactions: Jonny Skull

laeg15

May 24, 2021
Soo.... mom is gone and MC is going to be bullied by father and after watching few sex scenes with father and his new girlfiend MC will decide that this is right girl for him???

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I hope this will be a slow burn story and not end up with the MC fucking everyone and their dog by the third update.
Slow burn story? :unsure: MC fucking everyone? :unsure:

Where? :rolleyes:

Honestly, I think you should know how these game are by now: stepsis/roommate and stepmom/landlady jerking you off and blowing you and the story going nowhere for years until the Devs throw in the towel.

Dec 27, 2020
MC's appearance is an improvement.

MC's reaction to his father's new wife isn't an improvement.

MC's still given an ultimatum, still resisted that ultimatum, then still has to work his butt off to make it through school because his father decides to be a complete jerk and withhold education expenses.

I *think* the added scene and dialogue being understanding about his father moving on is supposed to soften the MC up about finally returning home the summer after he graduates, but to me at least it makes no sense.

To me at least, the problem was not that his Father had moved on. The problem wasn't that his Father wanted to go through the room of his Mother's things and get rid of some of them.

The problem was the MC's father being an unreasonable jerk in both how he delivered all that information and demanding, not asking, that his son return home that summer.

Thus MC feeling guilty? Makes no sense.

Thus the MC being afraid to contact his father? Makes no sense.

His father is a narcissistic asshole that deserves to have his child go permanently no contact.

That's the mindset I'm in as a player reaching the point that his new Stepmom calls him.

Then in the call his new stepmom tell him that his father feels terrible about how he left things. She tells him that his father feels guilty.

She tells him. Not his father calling and admitting he did even a tiny thing wrong, no, she tells him these things.

Throwing in the "go and try it for a few days" is a HUGE positive step toward this being plausible.

Dad not being there to pick him up and telling MC that Dad wasn't home when he arrived as promised and then would be traveling to another country instead of returning home reverses all of that.

Following the logic of the plot so far MC should have walked back into the airport and booked a return flight immediately, instead he waits and takes the bus???

If you want to make this even remotely plausible, do NOT have the MC take a bus, have Charlotte pick him up so he doesn't have a 25 minute wait and 50 minute bus ride to stew over things.

Also put some damn luggage in the image.

Why does he even think to himself that he's staying the whole summer when he arrives? His friends convinced him to go on the idea that he should at least give his Dad a chance and then could bail if things went badly.

Things have already gone badly. He shouldn't be thinking of being stuck there all summer.

Then MC discovers his Dad was possibly cheating on his mother with Charlotte, giving at least one more reason to hate Dad.

From there the very first night... his Charlotte comes on to him while he's sleeping because she's so lonely since MC's Dad is always away, but that's a dream?

Nope. Just Nope. Lots of games require that I be willing to suspend my disbelief, but none of the changes are enough to make me do that.

I really feel like you could just:
  • Cut out the entire first part with 2 years of stewing at his dad being an ass.
  • Start with the MC graduating and his father inviting him for a post graduate summer reunion
  • As always Dad's unable to get away from work, New Stepmom picks him up.
  • *That's* MC's first introduction to there being 4 women and No Dad in the house that Summer.
    • MC is pissed at his father for continuing to be an absent jerk.
    • MC is pissed at his father for cheating on his mother after Charlotte's story of how she met his father.
    • MC has no loyalty to his father and is angry at Charlotte for being a homewrecker so he has no reason not to score with as many of the ladies as he can.
That's exactly what I thought as well. It could unfold, sure. But given the complexity of the plot, this could take a while. Right now nothing MC, Charlotte or Alex do makes sense for me.
I am a Person who immerse myself with an MC and I get a creepy feeling the whole time.
I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust Charlotte.
Charlotte gives me Golddigger vibes. She is too friendly.
Hope it doesn't become too dark. I will see what the future will bring.

Reactions: laeg15

laeg15

May 24, 2021
ok, definitely not for me...sub MC, and no Li who i would want...

charlote is probably reason why mother left....and MC still want her....
instead of asking her about it he rather have wet dream about some golddigger homewrecker slut :D

plus i dont get why MC did not accept invitation from dad, but accept it when some charlotte wich he dont know invite him cause she want meet him?

That's exactly what I thought as well. It could unfold, sure. But given the complexity of the plot, this could take a while. Right now nothing MC, Charlotte or Alex do makes sense for me.
I am a Person who immerse myself with an MC and I get a creepy feeling the whole time.
I can't put my finger on it, but I don't trust Charlotte.
Charlotte gives me Golddigger vibes. She is too friendly.
Hope it doesn't become too dark. I will see what the future will bring.
yep some of reasons why i tryed all negative choices to hope that it have some game over end in this release....

After this gameplay i have only negative emotions about all characters, and if this chemical engener will not do some "elixir" to make step-mom and her daughters obeydent slaves and will not send father video how he is gangbanging them i dont see reason to continue.

Last edited:

laeg15

May 24, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
right, he spend 2 years ok without father and his money, and than he will go home for some charlotte, learn father cheated on mom with her for 2 years and than stay and have wet dream about her....

i tryed only negative choices from start cause i dont liked father or charlote, is there some diference?

Dec 27, 2020
right, he spend 2 years ok without father and his money, and than he will go home for some charlotte, learn father cheated on mom with her for 2 years and than stay and have wet dream about her....

i tryed only negative choices from start cause i dont liked father or charlote, is there some diference?
One or two sentences you speak, but I couldn't see a difference in scenes or plot. I didn't expect that so early in the game.
I assume there is a hidden point system (it feels like that).

Dec 27, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ha, I knew it. So in latter updates it will have an impact.
Which means, on a positive, we will have a real choice. Which is a good thing.

Because that means we stand on a cradle of "real game" here, and I like the Models so far.
I am not convinced by the plot right now. But I will watch and see how it unfolds in the next updates.
After this gameplay i have only negative emotions about all characters, and if this chemical engener will not do some "elixir" to make step-mom and her daughters obeydent slaves and will not send father video how he is gangbanging them i dont see reason to continue.
[/QUOTE]

Or Alex plane crashes and MC is the only Hire of his empire. Something which wasn't the plan of Charlotte. She then tries to golddigging him. But then his Mother stands in the door. Oh, the Drama. I can totally see it. Just joking.

laeg15

May 24, 2021
Or Alex plane crashes and MC is the only Hire of his empire. Something which wasn't the plan of Charlotte. She then tries to golddigging him. But then his Mother stands in the door. Oh, the Drama. I can totally see it. Just joking.
[/QUOTE]
it is definitely not worse idea than mine :D

mc would definitely not throw them on streets, he is not so bad person but charlote could live in basement with her daughters :D

heretic1

Dec 22, 2019
those are the screenshots that present your game... and you have a pol asking if you should change your MC model?? dude... what do you expect us to answer - "uh.. yeah, keep the wall and the rock, but change the MC"..??? show us something else other than the MC because right now i'd say change the game..

• Haha
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes