VN Ren'Py Abandoned A Summer Back Home [Day 2 v1.0] [Great dane games]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Great Dane

May 1, 2020
222.png

Overview:
A SUMMER BACK HOME is a visual where you are a chemical engineer fresh out of university.
Your mother left when you were younger. This made your relationship with your father a tense one. You discover that your dad has a new family living with him back home one day. This discovery was the last straw. You and your father didn't speak after this discovery.
Then a few days after graduation, you get a phone call from your father's girlfriend inviting you to visit them this summer.
When you return home, you are in for a surprise. Your father's family is not what you expected.

And along the way, you will meet new and old friends.
Thread Updated: 2022-03-29
Release Date: 2022-03-29
Developer: Great Dane games - -
Censored: No
Version: Day 2 - 1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Others: COMPRESSED -
ANDROID

Extra: WALKTHROUGH MOD

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

1_8.png 1_13.png 2_40.png 2_64.png 2_78.png 3_32.png 3_2_86.png d2_136.png d2_12.png d2_142.png d2_168.png

Last edited by a moderator:

modo200

Feb 5, 2018
the mom is the one who gone not the father that's a first :HideThePain: . gonna give it a try thank you (y)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Overall not a bad setup, as seems usual the English needs a polish, the renders are about average, and the dialogue needs work. Still, I've seen so much worse, this could develop into a good game but it's too early to know. I hope this will be a slow burn story and not end up with the MC fucking everyone and their dog by the third update.

Matt_88

Jul 24, 2020
So why would you return to a father that cut you off?
And what happened to my room if this has my house before college? why the small room? the girls are off to college too. So why do they get the better rooms(or your old room even)?
After all that when you learn your father is not there, why stay?

The story does not make sense atm.

Last edited:

rbherro

Apr 6, 2021
it not a bad start, however it is quite short. that is to be expected since it just the beginning. the story is easy to follow and the characters look pretty good. ill keep an eye on this one. and im glad it not another my parents are dead kind of game. my only suggestion would be that on the next update have some kind of strong plot hook. since not much happen in this first update, having the hots and barely an eye candy for your "step-mom" isnt going to cut it. especially since this first update nothing even really happen. it was too normal if that make any sense. from what ive seen and notice from other vn is that the first 1-3 update are extremely important and crucial. the first update is just an introduction but the developers has to grab the reader attention soon, otherwise readers are just going to give this game a pass. the first 2-3 update it usually the make it or break it for most new developers. my other suggestion is that at the end of every update, especially if the game is story heavy, have a strong cliffhanger to keep readers invested and returning back. cause literately at the end of this update the mc just sorta woke up the next day or went to sleep, cant remember which, and that pretty much it. nothing to indicate what might happen next or anything. the mc is like im here now what to do, kind of situation. i know this is long so thank you to those who read this. any who keep up the good work.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Before I get into the game:
"
why should you supporting me?
this is my first go at making a complete visual novel. I will in now ay say that I am a expert, but i am very driven to learn new things. "

Try editing your patreon page, if English isn't your first language, get some volunteer help...as reading that made me fearful of what kind of language was on display inside the game. :)

Reactions: Reese286

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
Need to fix the eldest girl's age. Charlotte states the eldest is 25, then the MC when he trying to figure out Charlotte's age, says the eldest daughter is 21.

Reactions: SlidingBadger

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Meh not much to say the renders are O.K and the set up is slightly different with the dad being alive but the English needs some work and you would greatly benefit from a proofreader. My problem is the MC is the usual skinny genesis 8 manlet with the stupid fucking Armani hair that comes free with Daz which I despise.

One suggestion would be to look into getting a better looking, more interesting model for the MC to make him look less generic and for the love of God give him a better hairstyle than that atrocious Elvis hair that comes free with Daz. I don't know why so many devs use it.

Last edited:

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
Meh not much to say the renders are O.K and the set up is slightly different with the dad being alive but the English needs some work and you would greatly benefit from a proofreader. My problem is the MC is the usual skinny genesis 8 manlet with the stupid fucking Armani hair that comes free with Daz which I despise.

One suggestion would be to look into getting a better looking more, interesting model for the MC to make him look less generic and for the love of God give him a better hairstyle than that atrocious Elvis hair that comes free with Daz. I don't know why so many devs use it.
The dad is alive?:WutFace: thats new! haha

• Haha
Reactions: Rinbael

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
So... another spoiled, obscenely rich (I could retire to Tahiti on what that impressive, but impractical, pool would have cost) midget with a coiffure that is only slightly better than a man bun... very, very slightly.

His father remarried, yet his father's girlfriend invites him for the summer? The overview, as a whole, makes very little sense.
If the story (that is yet to be seen) makes as much sense as the overview this one is in big trouble.

...and yes, TiffanyMonroe , the MC meets every other MC meme requirement so his dick is probably as big as his forearm and the women will want to fuck him as soon as they see/hear about it.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes