RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Mrs. Landlord is whining in her bedroom and won't come out unless I get her some ice cream
Not sure why you cannot leave the house. There should be a way to force enable the map on either the contacts list or under the skill points. Button should be near the bottom right of the screen as I recall.

The ice cream is meant to be bought in the mall.

ptorq

May 3, 2018
Not sure why you cannot leave the house. There should be a way to force enable the map on either the contacts list or under the skill points. Button should be near the bottom right of the screen as I recall.

The ice cream is meant to be bought in the mall.
Thank you! I was stuck at that point because of the map problem; forcing it back to enabled solved the problem. I assume it was disabled in the first place to make the player exit through the bedroom through the hallway (and trigger the interaction with Mrs Landlord's door) instead of just jumping outside via the map, but after that interaction the map didn't automatically re-enable itself for some reason.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
I've noticed quite a few plot holes in the game. The "roommate/sister" is at Effie's house and the game says to wait until next week. However, she's in the house during certain events such as looking for the wine for Director Lashley. She's also on the couch in the living room with your "landlady/mom" resting on her lap. I was curious why she keeps showing up in the MC's house when the game says to wait and give her space. Hopefully, this gets fixed in the next update because it makes the gameplay very confusing.

SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
I've noticed quite a few plot holes in the game. The "roommate/sister" is at Effie's house and the game says to wait until next week. However, she's in the house during certain events such as looking for the wine for Director Lashley. She's also on the couch in the living room with your "landlady/mom" resting on her lap. I was curious why she keeps showing up in the MC's house when the game says to wait and give her space. Hopefully, this gets fixed in the next update because it makes the gameplay very confusing.
This is because, like most scripted games, the different plotlines don't check each other to see if they can advance based on states set by other threads. So a scene that's part of the Lashley plotline doesn't look to see if Jane is currently in the house based on her plotline. It's not likely something that'll be fixed, because those kinds of state checks are much easier to incorporate as the game is being built than they are to 'retrofit' in. And they're not easy under the best of circumstances and they often lead to game progression being really frustrating and prone to bugs as the checks interfere with each other.

In short, it's frustrating, difficult and time consuming work to do, and if you didn't do it up front it's even worse. So it's not likely to happen now. Enjoying the game will probably require some suspension of disbelief from the occasional illogical scene progression as a consequence.

Sorry. :(

groudor

Feb 3, 2018
can someone post here a full save of 0.39 with that damn chest operative? These bugs are really annoying: even if i already talked to shady guy on university stairs the mall don't show up the vr headset so i can't rewatch scenes
And make a new run don't solve the bug

Ganso7

Nov 11, 2019
I don't think the art is very good, I stopped playing several patches ago. I guess I'll wait until it's finished to replay it to see if the game its better

• Haha
Reactions: Ocean75

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I don't think the art is very good, I stopped playing several patches ago. I guess I'll wait until it's finished to replay it to see if the game its better
If you don't like the artstyle, there's pretty much no chances it'll have chaged by that point, you know.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
in v0.39a the quest "go to the alleyway" anybody knows how to do it?
wait untill next update right now it is end of this quest . It is bug of game didn't tell
It is not the end of the quest, far from it.

When I played it last, the bug was with the hint system itself, while the storyline works as intended. There should be two parts to the hint, "go to the alleyway" and a second part, at least that was how it used to be ~2 updates ago. The "alleyway" part is misplaced and should not appear, the other part should be the real hint.

The alleyway hint should only appear after having completed Zariah’s party.

can someone post here a full save of 0.39 with that damn chest operative? These bugs are really annoying: even if i already talked to shady guy on university stairs the mall don't show up the vr headset so i can't rewatch scenes
And make a new run don't solve the bug
Don’t really get what you mean. The VR-headset is available in the mall even before talking to the shady guy. It is there continuously from the beginning of the game. (John just won’t buy it until starting the VR-questline.

Attached a save anyway. Pretty sure I got all scenes despite there being gaps in the list.

Your save is broken, every button in the VR headset just shows a blank screen, I think you need to upload the persistent file as well as the full save
Remove the ".save" extension from "persistent.save". F95zone complained about it not being an approved file type and didn’t let me upload it until I added that.

Does it work now?

Last edited:

Damneddaniel

Mar 31, 2018
Has this happened to anyone else? I noticed this after I hit a snag on Jane's route but it might have happened before that-after shower sex I invited her to the movies and this caused an error to occur. I attempted to reload a previous save and instead of loading the save I chose it put me in the email proofreading section of the game. I restarted the game, and any save I've tried to load still brings me back to the e-mail proofreading section of the internship. I reported this bug but I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Edit: By my count at least 3 other people posted here about their saves being borked by the proofreading minigame. I have to assume that the error with Jane, which I saw another poster talk about, is an unrelated bug that caused me to notice the problems with saves but did not cause the problem. Regardless, this is really fucking annoying. I don't know how you possibly fuck saves this badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: naoc and hardace

hardace

Impatiently waiting for the next update
Donor
Oct 8, 2017
I attempted to reload a previous save and instead of loading the save I chose it put me in the email proofreading section of the game. I restarted the game, and any save I've tried to load still brings me back to the e-mail proofreading section of the internship.
Yep, I am experiencing the same issue.

Joseph9999

Aug 6, 2017
It is not the end of the quest, far from it.

When I played it last, the bug was with the hint system itself, while the storyline works as intended. There should be two parts to the hint, "go to the alleyway" and a second part, at least that was how it used to be ~2 updates ago. The "alleyway" part is misplaced and should not appear, the other part should be the real hint.

The alleyway hint should only appear after having completed Zariah’s party.

Don’t really get what you mean. The VR-headset is available in the mall even before talking to the shady guy. It is there continuously from the beginning of the game. (John just won’t buy it until starting the VR-questline.

Attached a save anyway. Pretty sure I got all scenes despite there being gaps in the list.
Your save is broken, every button in the VR headset just shows a blank screen, I think you need to upload the persistent file as well as the full save Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughlySpecific

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Your save is broken, every button in the VR headset just shows a blank screen, I think you need to upload the persistent file as well as the full save
Remove the ".save" extension from the file name. F95zone complained about it not being an approved file type and didn’t let me upload it until I added that.

Does it work now?

Reactions: BRTT
3.10 star(s) 82 Votes