Mod Ren'Py A Town Unfiltered - A Town Uncovered Mod [Wolfregis]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Should I re-create the game to allow me to make more changes with the story or keep it the same?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
having feelings for the other girls kinda don't work, since they are in the lover route and have feelings for the MC, not each other
When you make a character fall for the MC, you are not making them fall for the other girls he may have
I think we are still talking past one another a bit here.
1) Lover route is about your "love" relationship with someone. Typically paired with some form sworn bidiretional sexual exclusivity, but that depends on culture and taste.
2) Being (physically/erotically) attracted to someone is not the same as being in love.
3) One person having two lovers does not automatically mean the other two are or are not attracted to or in love with each other.
4) Being in love/in a relationship with someone does not automatically remove your physical attraction to other people.

What you are describing as "love" I’d rather describe as a one-sided devotion to someone. I.e. the "lover" is devoting themselves to the MC to the exclusion of everything else. Very fitting for a cult leader and their favored follower, less so for a relationship of equals as being in love typically implies.

As a less sinister example, I can also see a Harem wherein the MC has relationships with various people without these people in turn being attracted to each other. A male MC with various heterosexual women, for example.
Fight Club -
This one is quite nice, but it feels more fitting for a private eye than a fight club.

Reactions: MisterHedonistic

Bobzx

Jul 3, 2019
Personally I wouldnt mind a graphival overhaul for sexable characters instesd of trying to replicate someone elses artstyle. Background randos? Who cares

Deleted member 1267484

Mar 3, 2019
Okay first thing's first. I'm not gonna be writing any rape content. Not because I hate that particular kink but I'm not comfortable with writing that sort of content, because it can quickly drift towards edgelord territory if handled poorly. As for blackmail, that's what I've got planned for the Officer Mina content it will have more of a manipulation through misdirection or deceit.

Disappointed about rape but i'll check it out if there's at least blackmail then, hope it isn't blackmail where they end up liking it

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Disppointed about rape but i'll check it out if there's at least blackmail then, hope it isn't blackmail where they end up like it
I don't want to assume but I imagine you mean that they still hate that they're being blackmailed by the MC or hate the MC after discovering he's the one blackmailing them? If that is the case then I can't really give a yay or nay on that one. Mainly because I've stated that there are three different endings for each side story; Lover/Wife, Slut, and Freeuse.

Deleted member 1267484

Mar 3, 2019
I don't want to assume but I imagine you mean that they still hate that they're being blackmailed by the MC or hate the MC after discovering he's the one blackmailing them? If that is the case then I can't really give a yay or nay on that one. Mainly because I've stated that there are three different endings for each side story; Lover/Wife, Slut, and Freeuse.
alright

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #5: Main Plot and Side Characters

Before I start with this week's update I want to apologize for taking a tad longer in composing this week's update, I'm gonna try to set up a day to actually release these weekly reports.

Main Plot:
I've begun fleshing out more of the first two Acts for the plot proper so I can see how the narrative will flow and to make sure the side stories are integrated in a way that makes narrative sense rather than being thrown to the wind. This also extends to the five scenes in each Act of the main narrative which we hope to have a healthy balance of visuals and narrative. We will be reusing and changing certain assets of the base game to fit the mods plot. I will be writing some additional throw away dialogue for some characters to make them a bit more reactive to the world's changes. As stated before the story proper will likely consist of Seven Acts, to give players time to explore, interact, and convert characters.

Side Characters:
Something I want to touch on is the notion of removing or changing some side characters. A certain number of side characters within the base game don't really have that much going for them narrative wise at the moment. One of the problems that comes from this is that due to them essentially being a blank slate the temptation for me to go wild with their personal arc and narratives is there. However I want to pose a question to you all would it be better to remove certain characters from the story entirely. For example Brock, and replace him with another character in the current roster? Or would you prefer if certain characters changed due to effects of the Cult's growing power? In this instance taking Coach Fistem and changing him to Coach Fiona Emerson. Understandably we can't do this for every blank slate character in the game but I do want to get your opinions on the matter.

A Small Surprise:
As a thank you for sticking with us so far I wanted to post some of what I've written for the plot proper. Understand that this is just a small excerpt of what's been written and is still relatively raw. So it will likely undergo edits and changes where it is necessary. The scene in question comes from the MC induction into the Cult, let me know what you guys think.

Effie: Hey (MC.name), could you meet at the beach this evening there's something I really need to talk to you about.
MC: Can do will be there shortly.

MC: "Mom, I'm heading out for a bit. A friend asked me for a little bit of help with something."
Mom: "Okay, be safe sweetie. Don't stay out too late."
MC: "Will do, mom."
*Transition to the beach*
Effie: "(MC.name), awesome you made it. Look we're about to start soon, but I want you to promise something, you can't tell anyone about this, okay? Promise me, (MC.name)."
MC: "Uh...Effie this is a little weird. I'm gonna need some more info before I commit to anything."
Effie: "Promise me, (MC.name)!"
MC: "Alright, alright geez. I promise."
Effie: "Oh thank (pagan god/goddess). It's okay Violette, he's promised to keep things a secret."
Violette: "Cool. Would hate to beat a guy with dick that good looking. Hey (MC.name), good to see ya here."
MC: "Violette, what's going on and what's with the body paint and spear?"
Violette: "I honestly would love to answer those questions but we've got to go, just be glad it was me guarding the place tonight. Effie's dad has notoriously less patience than I do."
Effie: "Seriously we need to go now."
Violette: "Alright, just lead the way."
*Scene transition to Cult base of operations*
MC: "What the....why the hell are all these people naked, wait better question why are they fucking like no tomorrow?"
Effie: "This is a less than ideal introduction but (MC.name) allow me to introduce the Followers of (Pagan god/goddess)."
MC: "Followers of who?"
Effie: "Shit Xina's gonna be here soon. We need to get you undressed and on stage."
MC: "I'm sorry what?"
Effie: "Move it!"

*Xina and several other cult members walk onto the stage in robes. She then raises both hands to address the crowd.*

Xina: "Brothers and sisters, the day we've long awaited has finally come. A individual possessing the necessary characteristics has arrived. This individual has only recently arrived to our town, thus he is unfamiliar with us and the secrets of this place. Let us welcome him and with his aid achieve our long sought dream ."
*Crowd cheers*
Xina: "Let him be brought before us, and initiated into our ranks."
*MC is brought forward as Xina discards her robes revealing her scarcely clothed body and the painted tribal markings upon it.*
MC: "Okay, I'm sorry but what the fuck is going on?"
Xina: "Oh, did Effie not tell you? Well the long short of it is that we want your help but we need to know we can trust you. So you've got to fuck me to show that you're willing to join us."
MC: "Again, I'm sorry but what?"
Xina: "Oh, if you've got stage fright we can have everyone look away for a few seconds while you pound my cunt."
MC: "No. Wait--I'm just so confused."
*Xina comes forward and brings MC's head to her chest holding him.*
Xina: "Shhh...don't think about it just do what comes naturally. Tell you what you can fuck my ass if you want."
*Sex scene*
Xina: "Damn, Effie was right you've got a real bitch breaker in between your legs there, I'm honestly tempted to go exclusive."
MC: "Seriously?"
Xina: "Well maybe not exclusive, you might have to work for it if you really wanted to have me as a permanent lover."
*Marking symbolizing the Cult's power appears on the MC's body*
MC: "Okay what the fuck is that?"
Xina: "Holy shit! You really are something. (Pagan god/goddess) hasn't showed anyone that much favor in a long time. On the plus side it also means you're without a doubt one of us. Downside is that that's gonna be hard to explain. Don't worry Effie and I will think of something "
MC: "Okay but who are you?"
Xina: " Alright, alright you deserve some explanation, since Effie failed to mention it. Gonna have to talk about that with her later. Anyway it'll have to be the Mini notes version, we're the Followers of (Pagan god/goddess), and we're trying to return the town and by extension the world at large to a more sexually open state of being."
MC: "Okay that's...a lot."
Xina: "Look if you help us, the town and by extension the world will be a much sexually liberated place."

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Truth be told, the more I read about your progress, the more I think this should be it's own thing. By that I mean trying to unlink yourself from Geeseki's thing.

This is starting to sound less like a mod of the game but instead making something new based on the original game.

Like Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time or like Fallout New Vegas is to Fallout 3 type thing going on.
And fuck me if this ends up being like Fallout NV where having competent writers ended up with a far better game than what the original developers ever made.

I don't know if you could get in trouble for something like this, specially now that the wankers on ATU think their bugfest should go on Steam. If only they bothered to playtest the new stuff for a couple of hours...

But anyways, making your own thing from scratch would be like a window falling into an incinerator a pane in the ash, especially in the art department... Although it would give you more freedom, since you could add/remove/modify characters as you damn please.

This but a ramble...

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Truth be told, the more I read about your progress, the more I think this should be it's own thing. By that I mean trying to unlink yourself from Geeseki's thing.

This is starting to sound less like a mod of the game but instead making something new based on the original game.

Like Majora's Mask is to Ocarina of Time or like Fallout New Vegas is to Fallout 3 type thing going on.
And fuck me if this ends up being like Fallout NV where having competent writers ended up with a far better game than what the original developers ever made.

I don't know if you could get in trouble for something like this, specially now that the wankers on ATU think their bugfest should go on Steam. If only they bothered to playtest the new stuff for a couple of hours...

But anyways, making your own thing from scratch would be like a window falling into an incinerator a pane in the ash, especially in the art department... Although it would give you more freedom, since you could add/remove/modify characters as you damn please.

This but a ramble...
Honestly, I would love it if we could build something from scratch, as it would as you said give us the freedom to do as we please, but unfortunately that would take time and a budget. Unfortunately, I have strong reservations about setting up a Patreon, Subscribestar, etc. Mainly because it all to easy to fall into that comfortable lull of doing the bare minimum or nothing at all and still get paid for it. The only reason I can or would ever accept for setting up one of those services is if it became imperative for the mod's survival, and even then only as a tip jar. I don't believe in charging 3-10 bucks a month just get early access builds as it limits the feedback pool which will just result in an echo chamber. Speaking of the mod, I think we should be fine as long as we're not charging money for it, as I believe it would fall under fair use since it is a trans-formative work.

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
However I want to pose a question to you all would it be better to remove certain characters from the story entirely. For example Brock, and replace him with another character in the current roster? Or would you prefer if certain characters changed due to effects of the Cult's growing power? In this instance taking Coach Fistem and changing him to Coach Fiona Emerson. Understandably we can't do this for every blank slate character in the game but I do want to get your opinions on the matter.
I personally don't see a use for certain secondary characters if they can't offer anything specific to the story (so if you do want to explore the effects of the Cult's growing power, that could make sense because you are making it relevant to the story's plot of changing society to a more sex-focused world). I wouldn't mind the Coach example. One thing I will ask you is would you be willing to simply limit the number of routes a secondary character would be in? For example, I could see Brock being of use in the Freeuse or Slut route, but not the Wife/Lover route. That might ease the load of writing and making scenes for the secondary characters. I think it goes without saying that if you feel that writing dialogue and making scenes for these secondary characters would take time away from writing stuff for the main characters, then you probably shouldn't embark on that. I suppose that's up to you guys because you are the ones who can make educated guesses on the time necessary. The only advice I can give regarding that is to perhaps just focus on primary characters first and, if you have time, write the dialogue for the secondary characters.

The excerpt you posted seems very interesting - I am looking forward to this!

dark1

Mar 5, 2017
OK... 2 things
1. I think this mod will be like the S A Z Mod for The Tyrant, where it makes the game better

2. A.T.U is going to appear on steam WTF ??????

Reactions: slexywexy

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
I gotta say, you guys are doing god's work. I find myself looking at this thread often and getting much more hype than the original game.

And if you're adding free use then you guys are my heroes.

Reactions: bethilelizabeth

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
I gotta say, you guys are doing god's work. I find myself looking at this thread often and getting much more hype than the original game.

And if you're adding free use then you guys are my heroes.
Thank you for the kind words, and I can only hope that we manage to meet your expectations.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CuriousCitizen

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #6: Plot, Events, and Progression

Afternoon everyone, I hope all your weekends are going well, and to those in the U.S. I hope you're having a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Now onward with this week's news update.

Plot:
I've completed a greater portion of Act 1 and will be sending the scripts in manageable chunks to Fudulaboi for review and make amendments accordingly. As I said before the Acts for the story proper will contain roughly seven scenes per Act. This means scenes will be a mix of CG's, dialogue, quests, and player choices. To clarify so that there are no misunderstandings, we will have a few new CG's wholly original to the mod itself but we will also be retooling some of the base game's CG's to so as not to overburden ourselves and release something with incomplete art. I want to reiterate that everyone keep their expectations within reason as far as the quality of art goes.

Events:
We do plan to have several events to the game related to both the plot proper and character side stories though this will likely be after v0.02. One such event being a costume contest to help boost sales for Hitomi's store, we will be looking for suggestions for both male and female costumes. We will have a more official announcement in regard to suggestions for this event at a later date.

Progression:
In regard to how progression will work there will be certain quests and events that will require the MC to have a certain level in a specified skill to access certain choices or dialogue options. You will be able to train and increase these skills as you did in the base game but the difference being that they will be restricted to levels and you won't loose progression simply from using them. A few examples of this will be found around the middle and end of ACT II of the main plot.

Other than that I wish you all a happy weekend. Feel free to comment or DM me, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, burning desires, or suggestions.

Theroux

Sep 19, 2017
I've honestly been sitting, and lurking through this mod's pages from day 1 when I saw it, because I was interested in the original game, but more interested in the Sexual Cult/World part of what the Original game offered...which was minimal at best. But then this mod struck home when I downloaded it and then played it, minus the few bugs here or there, though, I did eventually delete it (space issues on my computer). And that I can just say that the original you placed here, was just the prototype from the beginning of all this. So, I'll be pleased when we finally are able to play the mod when it's released.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #7: Roadmaps and Maps

Roadmaps:

In the coming weeks we're gonna be releasing a content roadmap, so as to give everyone a clear idea of what to expect with the new version and each subsequent version. That being said the roadmap should not be taken as a signs of clear and forthcoming release dates. We're still in the early stages of the revamp but we've begun to pick up steam again.

Maps:
Something I've thought that would give a better indication of how the MC and the Cult are affecting the town would be to have some physical indication on the map itself about the changes happening. Possibly have the map itself change to reflect the various stages of change. Though I want to hear your input should there be an indicator that displays the level of change or have the map itself shift and change?

I hope you all have a pleasant evening and a good day tomorrow. As always if you have any question, comments, concerns, burning desires, or suggestions feel free to reply to this post or DM, me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CuriousCitizen

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
I'm actually a little worried because of how similar this situation is to the whole Yandere Dev meme. Are you guys safe against that sort of thing? Are you safe from getting sued thanks to this being a "mod"?

And an interesting addition that I would enjoy would be more things like the Beach gloryhole. The whole Town could have those little interactions, although I would understand the hell it would be to code/create.

Reactions: StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
Though I want to hear your input should there be an indicator that displays the level of change or have the map itself shift and change?
Are these really two different ways to approach it? From my understanding of what you mean, I think they can coexist.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
I'm actually a little worried because of how similar this situation is to the whole Yandere Dev meme. Are you guys safe against that sort of thing? Are you safe from getting sued thanks to this being a "mod"?

And an interesting addition that I would enjoy would be more things like the Beach gloryhole. The whole Town could have those little interactions, although I would understand the hell it would be to code/create.
Honestly, I can't really say. From what I understand legally as far as something like this goes as long as we aren't charging people money for it or making any form of profit we should be fine. Now if Geeseki and his team requested that we cease production of the mod, we of course would have to oblige. Though I'm hoping and praying to Odin it doesn't come to that honestly, though we're in a bit of a grey area as far as this is concerned. It just depends on how things change and how the original devs react to it.

Are these really two different ways to approach it? From my understanding of what you mean, I think they can coexist.
Honestly I was trying to decide if there should be a percentage bar indicating an area's current level of change/corruption. Or if people would prefer the show don't tell approach as far as the map is concerned.

Reactions: ultramanfan
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes