Mod Ren'Py A Town Unfiltered - A Town Uncovered Mod [Wolfregis]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Should I re-create the game to allow me to make more changes with the story or keep it the same?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Update #1: Plot, Content, and Outlines.

Evening everyone, as promised this is first in our weekly update posts. As we continue working on the mod we want to keep you all informed of our progress and go into a bit more depth of what we're planning.

The Plot:
When discussing the matter of revamping the story we decided to go with the premise of the Town being initially normal before the MC is inducted into the Cult, who have been reworked to be worshipers of an old pagan deity. From there the MC's goal will be to influence and convert people to the Cult's cause changing the Town from a quiet suburbia to a place that revels in its debauchery. The MC will able to accomplish by two different ways, the first will targeting specified people, e.g. Principal Lashley, and Ms. Allaway, afterwords the MC will be able to set up rituals that will convert the area en masse. This will give everyone a reason to pursue character side stories as they help to tie back into the plot proper. Another thing I want to elaborate on is that it's our hope that we can show the areas in question undergoing changes as the Cult's influence grows more and more prominent. For example let's take the school bathrooms where they go from being separated to having gloryholes drilled in between the stalls. This would culminate in having booths installed, where someone could crawl in and get railed from both sides.

As for how long the Main Plot is going to be currently it's aimed to consist of Five Acts at the very least or Seven at the most. On the matter of character side stories as I said before we're going with a Five Act structure and I plan to write roughly three to four scenes per act. These scenes are to illustrate the changes that the individual is going through repeated interaction before their story moves on to it's next Act.

Content:
As far as content goes the plan is implement a wide range of kinks. However, I want to make this clear we will not be implementing certain kinks this includes but is not limited to: Snuff, Vore, Guro, Scat, Bestiality, Underage (Loli), Furry (Anthro or otherwise), Netorare, or Ear Sex. There may be more stuff that is added as time goes on but for now those are some of the big ones. We are not opposed to these kinks but for the purposes of the mod and story we want to tell, we will not be implementing them.

Outlines:
Currently we have the Mom's, Sister's, and Allaway's stories fully outlined. I should be done writing the quests and dialogue for the first two acts sometime this week or next. Sometime around Wednesday, barring any major incident, I'll be posting a more polished version of the outlines.

Other than it's be a rather productive few days, after I finish up the aforementioned quests and dialogues I'll move onto outlining other character side stories as well. In the mean time take care, be safe, and stay healthy everyone.
If I can make a suggestion, maybe have a character (it could be Jaiden) be resistant to which a more forceful approach is needed. If we're mixing it up, we may as well go through the hentai cliche list.

Mar 18, 2018
If I can make a suggestion, maybe have a character (it could be Jaiden) be resistant to which a more forceful approach is needed. If we're mixing it up, we may as well go through the hentai cliche list.
We're planning on having the principle be that resisting character but we could incorporate many people being resistant.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
As a counterpoint to the "No cheating/NTR":

I think it’s quite silly to have a sex world and then want to keep characters from having sex. It’s like regularly going to swingers meetings with your partner(s) and demanding that they don’t have sex with anyone there.

In response to the even harsher restriction of your partners not even being allowed to get each other off… isn’t that pretty much like having a threesome with two girls and then getting angry because the girls kiss while they fuck you?

I don’t get why you would ever want to play a sex world game if you are turned off by people you pursue having sex with people. It seems like a contradiction in itself. The sex world is a sex world because people freely have sex with each other. That is the entire point.

---------------

Regarding the story itself:
I’ve played the initial demo which used to be in the OP. While I’m very happy that you are doing the project, there was one aspect of the dialogues I didn’t enjoy very much.

What I found great about the original was how normal sex was treated without making it boring. The mother may talk about how amazing last night’s sex was, but the fact that there was sex involved was just treated as a normal topic, just as she might talk about anything else. When the teacher calls for the class to begin, she just says "finish up or pull out" similarly to how another teacher may ask the class to calm down.

The demo didn’t treat sex that way. Sex sometimes felt something forced on top of the world, like the normal interactions were pushed aside to make place for meaningless sex. Instead of a mother asking her son how his night went, it was just "Remember sex!? Be sure to remind your sister of sex! Also sex. How about we have sex later?"

I’m exaggerating, obviously, to convey the sentiment. I just hope you are mindful of making the interactions natural and casual as they would be within the world instead of replacing their personality bland sex addicts. Less Mizuryu Kei and more actual characters who also have sex whenever they feel like it.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016

I think it’s quite silly to have a sex world and then want to keep characters from having sex. It’s like regularly going to swingers meetings with your partner(s) and demanding that they don’t have sex with anyone there.

In response to the even harsher restriction of your partners not even being allowed to get each other off… isn’t that pretty much like having a threesome with two girls and then getting angry because the girls kiss while they fuck you?

I don’t get why you would ever want to play a sex world game if you are turned off by people you pursue having sex with people. It seems like a contradiction in itself. The sex world is a sex world because people freely have sex with each other. That is the entire point.

---------------

Regarding the story itself:
I’ve played the initial demo which used to be in the OP. While I’m very happy that you are doing the project, there was one aspect of the dialogues I didn’t enjoy very much.

What I found great about the original was how normal sex was treated without making it boring. The mother may talk about how amazing last night’s sex was, but the fact that there was sex involved was just treated as a normal topic, just as she might talk about anything else. When the teacher calls for the class to begin, she just says "finish up or pull out" similarly to how another teacher may ask the class to calm down.

The demo didn’t treat sex that way. Sex sometimes felt something forced on top of the world, like the normal interactions were pushed aside to make place for meaningless sex. Instead of a mother asking her son how his night went, it was just "Remember sex!? Be sure to remind your sister of sex! Also sex. How about we have sex later?"

I’m exaggerating, obviously, to convey the sentiment. I just hope you are mindful of making the interactions natural and casual as they would be within the world instead of replacing their personality bland sex addicts. Less Mizuryu Kei and more actual characters who also have sex whenever they feel like it.
That's kind of what I'm going for dialogue and narrative wise, where the characters acknowledge sex as a normal aspect of everyday life but aren't entirely obsessed with it. Rather that it's a driving force for society as a whole but it is not the only thing people care about as a whole. The only exception being if a person goes down the Freeuse route for the side characters where sex just becomes the crucial aspect of their entire being.

Reactions: StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017

While I see your point, I think what Mayonesa was trying to say revolved mainly around the focus of the sex - by having sex with multiple partners, you may detract from MC's own enjoyment (the fact that it detracts from the enjoyment is based on how one views the situation and wife/lover titles, of course). And to your point about it being a sex world so people should expect people to have sex a lot (and with others), that makes sense. But one might also say that the sex world's existence creates the capacity for sex and relationships that you wouldn't normally expect and are taboo (i.e. incest relationships, teacher-student relationships), which is already a pretty big thing in itself. Both points are equally valid in my eyes, and of course that emphasizes the fact that we can all have different perspectives/feelings when we play a game, read a book, look at art, etc.

Regarding your point about the dialogue, I would definitely agree that making things sound more natural should be important. I mean, to be fair, it was a demo after all so things still had to be (and still are being) fleshed out and revised. I had the same reaction when I played the demo, I just forgot about it because it was a while back haha.

Reactions: RoughlySpecific

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Getting into to some slight spoilers for what I have outlined, but the idea that I had for Principal Lashley was to have her initially resist the changes before succumbing to them. After that her quest line would open up where the player could guide her into becoming the perv that she's been suppressing for years.

Mayonesa

Apr 2, 2020

I think you missed my point of view, I didn't say that they should not have sex, only that if they are wife/lover they should have sex with the MC, not with others. The problem is that the game mod would offer paths/routes for the girls, so those routes should be different, if at the end of the day all the girls are fucking other characters that aren't the MC, what's the point of different routes? The only difference in the girls routes is if there are other males involved nothing more.

Slut route, will fuck other characters, freeuse route, will fuck other characters, love/wife route, would fuck other characters. If you base a route around "love" then the sexual interactions must be with the one you love, not with others he may or may not pursue. If you for example, choose only one of the girls as wife/lover route and the others with freeuse, why should the only lover you choose fuck other characters than the MC?

You said that it's a sex world, but the writer said that characters acknowledge sex as a normal aspect of everyday life but aren't entirely obsessed with it, so that means they aren't focusing in sex every moment of the day, they rather see it as something normal, that doesn't mean that they would fuck with others if they have a partner, they would fuck said partner. The sex world aspect is just normalizing the sex, not having a world where everyone is fucking all the time and they only stop to eat. So the sex world is kind of a more free world, where incest and other taboos are ok.

About the threesome, it may shock you, but not all the girls are bisex or lesbian, so there can be threesomes where the girls don't interact at all between each other but focus on the man, or threesomes where two guys focus on the woman, they don't need to interact between each other to enjoy it. I only said that if the dev describe the wife route as the girl being "devoted" to the MC, wanting his kids and other things, it isn't normal for them to fuck other characters, if you don't think like me, that's fine, we all have our opinion after all. I just thought the game and routes would have been something different and that's why I asked, nothing more, if you enjoy it, I'm glad, but not everyone will enjoy the same things as you do. I don't like to be forced to some kind of content (sharing/cheathing/NTR among others), and in this mod, no matter the route for the girl, they will fuck other characters, so that's a content I don't like, nothing more.

Reactions: RoughlySpecific

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #4: Side stories, Main Plot, and Well wishes

Evening everyone, I'm here with another update and I've got some major things to talk about.

Side Stories:
I've completed the outlines for Lashley and Hitomi's plotlines currently will be finishing up Nurse Hollick's sometime in next day or so. Afterwards I'll move on to tuning up the dialogue I've written, adding variations, and such before sending it off for review. After that I'll be taking a small break for a day or two to recharge and get right back into the swing of writing. Now to address something that was mentioned earlier. There are plans to have several characters be resistant to the changes you and the Cult will be making around the town. Currently I've planned for Lashley, Jaiden, Officer Mina, and several others to try and resist the changes happening around them. How they succumb and are affected I'm still working out.

Plot proper:
Want to touch on this currently as we're only planning to release the first and second Acts of the main story and will have the first two Acts of three character's side stories. That being said certain areas will have certain characters and events tied to them, and as much as I would love to have every character get their first two Acts, that wouldn't be fair to Fudulaboi who's handling both the coding and the art. This means that certain areas may not reflect the changes that are happening around Town, within the build we're working on, we hope to offset this with worthwhile content and writing. However, we're only two people working on this so please keep your expectations within reason.

Gratitude:
There are a lot of other things I want to talk about currently regarding the mod, but I felt the need to send some positivity everyone's way. We're currently facing grim period in history and I just want to thank you all of you for the support you've shown thus far. It's honestly one of the things that helps to brighten my mood and makes me want to ensure that I'm delivering my absolute best in terms of writing for both the mod and for you guys. So I want to thank you, all of you, for being just an awesome bunch as always take care, be safe, and stay healthy everyone.

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017

Evening everyone, I'm here with another update and I've got some major things to talk about.

Side Stories:
I've completed the outlines for Lashley and Hitomi's plotlines currently will be finishing up Nurse Hollick's sometime in next day or so. Afterwards I'll move on to tuning up the dialogue I've written, adding variations, and such before sending it off for review. After that I'll be taking a small break for a day or two to recharge and get right back into the swing of writing. Now to address something that was mentioned earlier. There are plans to have several characters be resistant to the changes you and the Cult will be making around the town. Currently I've planned for Lashley, Jaiden, Officer Mina, and several others to try and resist the changes happening around them. How they succumb and are affected I'm still working out.

Plot proper:
Want to touch on this currently as we're only planning to release the first and second Acts of the main story and will have the first two Acts of three character's side stories. That being said certain areas will have certain characters and events tied to them, and as much as I would love to have every character get their first two Acts, that wouldn't be fair to Fudulaboi who's handling both the coding and the art. This means that certain areas may not reflect the changes that are happening around Town, within the build we're working on, we hope to offset this with worthwhile content and writing. However, we're only two people working on this so please keep your expectations within reason.

Gratitude:
There are a lot of other things I want to talk about currently regarding the mod, but I felt the need to send some positivity everyone's way. We're currently facing grim period in history and I just want to thank you all of you for the support you've shown thus far. It's honestly one of the things that helps to brighten my mood and makes me want to ensure that I'm delivering my absolute best in terms of writing for both the mod and for you guys. So I want to thank you, all of you, for being just an awesome bunch as always take care, be safe, and stay healthy everyone.
And thank you for being very thoughtful about all this and about the mod. You guys deserve all the praise you get for undertaking this task. I truly hope many people are as excited as I am for the release since it’s sounding awesome so far.

Reactions: Punto

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017

Side Stories:

Plot proper:

Gratitude:
I think I suggest a few ideas for how they resist and how they succumb. Lashley resists being religious. You could take advantage of her attempts to ban porn around the school. Our MC leaves some for her to find in a few places while pretending to be a charming and polite young man in conversation with her.

Officer Mina being a woman of the law is a bit reserved to which MC would have find something to blackmail her with. Maybe setting up for a crime or something of the sort.

Jaiden, I have an interesting idea. You have to fight her into submission. Considering how jacked she is, she isn't going down until you can take her down.

Reactions: Wolfregis

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
I think I suggest a few ideas for how they resist and how they succumb. Lashley resists being religious. You could take advantage of her attempts to ban porn around the school. Our MC leaves some for her to find in a few places while pretending to be a charming and polite young man in conversation with her.

Officer Mina being a woman of the law is a bit reserved to which MC would have find something to blackmail her with. Maybe setting up for a crime or something of the sort.

Jaiden, I have an interesting idea. You have to fight her into submission. Considering how jacked she is, she isn't going down until you can take her down.
Good ideas and kind of along the lines of what I was thinking with Lashley. Officer Mina would actively investigating the Cult as as a means to get promoted before succumbing via the MC's manipulations. Jaiden though I like the idea of it being more physical so gonna see what I can drum up with that.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Good ideas and kind of along the lines of what I was thinking with Lashley. Officer Mina would actively investigating the Cult as as a means to get promoted before succumbing via the MC's manipulations. Jaiden though I like the idea of it being more physical so gonna see what I can drum up with that.
With Lashley, I can go further. Lashley can simply be rather awfully repressed. Bit by bit, you slowly break her shell. Wolf, you could set her up to do what the base game with Hitomi and go to the nude beach for the first time.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
With Lashley, I can go further. Lashley can simply be rather awfully repressed. Bit by bit, you slowly break her shell. Wolf, you could set her up to do what the base game with Hitomi and go to the nude beach for the first time.
I could but as I said the intended plan for her personal storyline is to kick in after her inner pervert has been unleashed. She will display a lot of that repressed nature prior to her unchaining though, to the point that as the school changes it starts affecting her physical and mental health. After which players will be able to guide her along the three various routes and corrupt the local church as well.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
I could but as I said the intended plan for her personal storyline is to kick in after her inner pervert has been unleashed. She will display a lot of that repressed nature prior to her unchaining though, to the point that as the school changes it starts affecting her physical and mental health. After which players will be able to guide her along the three various routes and corrupt the local church as well.
The ideas we have in mind are fairly the same, Wolf. While I do like yours a bit better, I do ask considering the first time nude beach experience to add onto yours.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
The ideas we have in mind are fairly the same, Wolf. While I do like yours a bit better, I do ask considering the first time nude beach experience to add onto yours.
I'll keep it in mind, plus I don't want to toss out usable CG's for no reason. Could probably work it in as a date or something similar.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
I'll keep it in mind, plus I don't want to toss out usable CG's for no reason. Could probably work it in as a date or something similar.
Glad to hear. As for Jaiden, the idea of fighting her into submission would be interesting to do.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Glad to hear. As for Jaiden, the idea of fighting her into submission would be interesting to do.
Hmmm I was thinking about reworking the Fight Club so that it is more heavily involved with Jaiden's story line rather than Allaway's. Again though, I've got to finish up what I've got written and planned currently. Afterwards a small two day break then I'll resume writing.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes