Mod Ren'Py A Town Unfiltered - A Town Uncovered Mod [Wolfregis]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Should I re-create the game to allow me to make more changes with the story or keep it the same?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
UPDATE #11: Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

General:

I apologize for the lack of communication on my end first and foremost a couple of things happened in the last few weeks that I was not prepared for, and had some rather adverse effects to being able to write. That being said it has since been resolved and I will be getting back to it in full force.

Writing:
I've begun expanding more on what ACT II's plot and general layout as well as character and quests. I'm optimistically looking at finishing up everything by the end of this month. That being said I think that Scenes IV and V of ACT I will be especially tantalizing as it'll introduce the Cult in an official way with the succeeding ACT beginning the Town's corruption.

A Big Decision:
One of the things that will be prominent to the Cult is their devotion to a God/Goddess of Sex, Fertility/Virility, and Pleasure in general. One of the things we're trying to decide is which god or gods should be used. With the exception of Aphrodite, we're looking for suggestions on possible candidates for the Cult's patron deity.
I don’t have a preference per se, but this might help:

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
One of the things we're trying to decide is which god or gods should be used. With the exception of Aphrodite, we're looking for suggestions on possible candidates for the Cult's patron deity.
What about Taweret? She's the Egyptian goddess of childbirth and fertility. Although at this point, you would have full freedom and even a made up sex god would be fine too.

I would strongly recommend putting Shub-Niggurath as she is also a fertility God. There is no other reason, I just really like Lovecraft's Mythos, but it's up to you. It would also make more sense for a cosmic sex god to be followed rather than a tribe centred stuff. Assuming the mod takes place in the same vagely American town.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfregis

Theroux

Sep 19, 2017
UPDATE #11: Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

General:

I apologize for the lack of communication on my end first and foremost a couple of things happened in the last few weeks that I was not prepared for, and had some rather adverse effects to being able to write. That being said it has since been resolved and I will be getting back to it in full force.

Writing:
I've begun expanding more on what ACT II's plot and general layout as well as character and quests. I'm optimistically looking at finishing up everything by the end of this month. That being said I think that Scenes IV and V of ACT I will be especially tantalizing as it'll introduce the Cult in an official way with the succeeding ACT beginning the Town's corruption.

A Big Decision:
One of the things that will be prominent to the Cult is their devotion to a God/Goddess of Sex, Fertility/Virility, and Pleasure in general. One of the things we're trying to decide is which god or gods should be used. With the exception of Aphrodite, we're looking for suggestions on possible candidates for the Cult's patron deity.

I would probably go with the Norse God, Freyr. Dude fits the description of all of the above, and more.

Reactions: Wolfregis

tanya0

Apr 17, 2018
Freyr i'd say would be more fitting for a "benevolent" sex cult while Shub-Niggurath would suit a cult with weirder stuff in it, but I would lean for Shub-Niggurath because there's more room for creative writing with an abstract god like that

Reactions: ultramanfan
Feb 29, 2020
while the all-mother is appropriate, i would advise against her specifically because her name is quite... unfortunate when pronounced in the human tongue

however, in my opinion, something like her may be the way to go; a deity rooted in chaos and disruption. after all, what better embodies chaos than completely dismantling and supplanting the concepts of decency and morality and throwing the status quo out the window?

dark1

Mar 5, 2017
may be the cult worship a trinity goddess something that's a mix of Frey/ Shub-Niggurath/ ?

maybe time for another poll.

Reactions: gnuh
Feb 29, 2020
i may or may not have a version of the original mod that i may or may not have tweaked slightly to fix renpy's panic screens
but if i did have such a thing, i wouldn't post it publicly without the original author's consent
if someone hypothetically dm'd me asking for it, though, that would be another story

but it's not like i have it, right?

Mar 18, 2018
i may or may not have a version of the original mod that i may or may not have tweaked slightly to fix renpy's panic screens
but if i did have such a thing, i wouldn't post it publicly without the original author's consent
if someone hypothetically dm'd me asking for it, though, that would be another story

but it's not like i have it, right?
If you have this version i do not mind you putting it here, it might even help with other problems i may have with the current code.

Feb 29, 2020
If you have this version i do not mind you putting it here, it might even help with other problems i may have with the current code.
unfortunately, i don't think it will help at all, as "fix" in this case is relative
i know nothing about how renpy works, so my solution to fixing the broken variable checks was to just remove them entirely, so it more resembles an amputation rather than surgery

if you're still okay with me reuploading it i'll get around to it sometime tomorrow

Feb 29, 2020

this should be the mod's original release, aside from the following hacked fixes:
-talking to mom in the house
-sister gloryhole encounter at the beach
-sex shop clerk conversation

Reactions: ratlizard22
Mar 11, 2018
it's a standalone installation, so you just need to extract it and run the executable
Before removing this (at that time the link was still up, though couldn't been bothered to inspect), I forgot what are the main differences between this edited mod and OG version, just kinkier dialogues? Iirc there were no new scenes, only conversation changes or am I wrong?

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes