Mod Ren'Py A Town Unfiltered - A Town Uncovered Mod [Wolfregis]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Should I re-create the game to allow me to make more changes with the story or keep it the same?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

friedkeenan

Sep 6, 2018
Any updates on this? I've been really looking forward to this eventually releasing but it seems as though development may have stalled?

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Any updates on this? I've been really looking forward to this eventually releasing but it seems as though development may have stalled?
We are working on the mod but several things happened in succession that have forced us to take a step back and progress at a less than ideal pace. Thankfully I can say that the writing is coming along far more smoothly as of late, and I'll have a more formal update statement on where we're at come Thursday.

friedkeenan

Sep 6, 2018
We are working on the mod but several things happened in succession that have forced us to take a step back and progress at a less than ideal pace. Thankfully I can say that the writing is coming along far more smoothly as of late, and I'll have a more formal update statement on where we're at come Thursday.
Cool, thanks for the speedy response

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
UPDATE #12: Back At It and Future Plans

General:
First off Seasons Greetings everyone, I hope you're all having a good holiday and staying safe. I want to begin by saying that we are continuing to work on the mod, albeit progress for both of at the moment is slower than we would normally prefer. There were several incidents that affected our daily lives and our ability to continue working on the mod. Hopefully the coming year will be better and result in far fewer delays and a steady release schedule.

Writing:
When looking back on some of the writing I did for ACT I and ACT II, I realized that some of the plot didn't really flow together and some of it felt like it could use some expansion, though that will likely come after we get our first release out and get some necessary feedback. One of the ideas I had that could clarify certain things in game is Destiny style Lore Cards via the MC's Computer. One reason for this is that it could be used to expand that narrative and give players some backstory in regard to certain characters like Xina, Erica, or the Town itself. Let me know what you guys think. On a more positive note ACTs III and IV have been outlined and I'm working on writing quests and dialogue for these ACTs so we can have an end goal of where we want our story to head and where we want it to end.

Quality & Assurance: First and foremost we want to ensure the mod will be able to run without to many bugs popping up and interfering with people's experience. To that end once the new version is complete we'll be requesting several people to test the mod and ensure that it's a solid release.

Gratitude:
I want to express my gratitude towards those who have continued to follow the thread and encourage us to keep working. It honestly means a lot to the both of us, and while this year has been one of the darkest chapters in many people's live, I want to believe that things will get better. Not just for the people that view this thread or play some of the really top notch games here but for everyone. So here's to each and everyone one of you mad lads. Take care of yourselves and may your holidays be filled cheer. To the holidays and a better year in 2021.

Theroux

Sep 19, 2017

General:
First off Seasons Greetings everyone, I hope you're all having a good holiday and staying safe. I want to begin by saying that we are continuing to work on the mod, albeit progress for both of at the moment is slower than we would normally prefer. There were several incidents that affected our daily lives and our ability to continue working on the mod. Hopefully the coming year will be better and result in far fewer delays and a steady release schedule.

Writing:
When looking back on some of the writing I did for ACT I and ACT II, I realized that some of the plot didn't really flow together and some of it felt like it could use some expansion, though that will likely come after we get our first release out and get some necessary feedback. One of the ideas I had that could clarify certain things in game is Destiny style Lore Cards via the MC's Computer. One reason for this is that it could be used to expand that narrative and give players some backstory in regard to certain characters like Xina, Erica, or the Town itself. Let me know what you guys think. On a more positive note ACTs III and IV have been outlined and I'm working on writing quests and dialogue for these ACTs so we can have an end goal of where we want our story to head and where we want it to end.

Quality & Assurance: First and foremost we want to ensure the mod will be able to run without to many bugs popping up and interfering with people's experience. To that end once the new version is complete we'll be requesting several people to test the mod and ensure that it's a solid release.

Gratitude:
I want to express my gratitude towards those who have continued to follow the thread and encourage us to keep working. It honestly means a lot to the both of us, and while this year has been one of the darkest chapters in many people's live, I want to believe that things will get better. Not just for the people that view this thread or play some of the really top notch games here but for everyone. So here's to each and everyone one of you mad lads. Take care of yourselves and may your holidays be filled cheer. To the holidays and a better year in 2021.
Sounds good. And yes, to a better year than this one.

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017

General:

Writing:

Gratitude:
Here's to another good year guys! Really looking forward to the game. Even more so than the original.
I hope everything goes alright.

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
Gratitude:
I want to express my gratitude towards those who have continued to follow the thread and encourage us to keep working.
Not a problem. We greatly appreciate what you guys are doing since the original game has a lot of untapped potential that you’re expanding on. I think I speak for pretty much everyone that follows the thread that we understand that there are many hurdles involved in the process of modding a game and we have faith that you guys will do some amazing work.
Keep it up and Happy Holidays!

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
They are keeping the mod true to the spirit of the original game by taking well over a year to show any actual progress. (Beyond the general roadmap/summary, I mean.)

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for pointing that out. But that was the original mod. They're remaking the game aren't they?
Remaking a game takes time, even with a general idea and assets. It's what they said on the 12th update. A playable demo or something should be in the works as we speak :)

They are keeping the mod true to the spirit of the original game by taking well over a year to show any actual progress. (Beyond the general roadmap/summary, I mean.)
It's a free mod. Cut the guys some slack. Even more so, considering how far the creators are going with it. (Recreating the game from scratch and all that)

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
It's a free mod. Cut the guys some slack. Even more so, considering how far the creators are going with it. (Recreating the game from scratch and all that)
At this point it is very much not a free mod. It’s the general plan for a free mod.

That said, my comment was only meant tongue-in-cheek. Any work they put into this at all is awesome. I’ve been reading the progress updates with curiosity, though I’m trying to keep my expectations low.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Okay I've got good news and I've got bad news everyone.

First off let's get the band-aid off right now. Fudulaboi messaged me early today to inform me that he is stepping away from the project. He stated that he's tired and that last year killed any enthusiasm he once had for the mod itself to the point that he has to pretty much force himself to work on the mod. He realized that this meant he wasn't really putting as much effort as he once had and the coding would have suffered as a result. So he decided that it would be best for both the mod and his own health that he step down. That being said I ask that everyone respect his decision.

The good news, though is that Fudulaboi did give his blessing for me to continue work on the mod because he believed that it could turn into something really special. With that in mind in two weeks time I'll be looking for people willing to work on code and art for the mod. Please keep in mind that the work will be unpaid, and that the mod has and always will be a free standalone version of the base game.

I apologize if this news is not what you wanted to here but I believe in being transparent when things like this come up. I hope that you all can understand and are will to stick with me on this. I plan to do everything I can to finish the mod and if I can't find people are willing to take up the torch.

Mar 18, 2018

First off let's get the band-aid off right now. Fudulaboi messaged me early today to inform me that he is stepping away from the project. He stated that he's tired and that last year killed any enthusiasm he once had for the mod itself to the point that he has to pretty much force himself to work on the mod. He realized that this meant he wasn't really putting as much effort as he once had and the coding would have suffered as a result. So he decided that it would be best for both the mod and his own health that he step down. That being said I ask that everyone respect his decision.

The good news, though is that Fudulaboi did give his blessing for me to continue work on the mod because he believed that it could turn into something really special. With that in mind in two weeks time I'll be looking for people willing to work on code and art for the mod. Please keep in mind that the work will be unpaid, and that the mod has and always will be a free standalone version of the base game.

I apologize if this news is not what you wanted to here but I believe in being transparent when things like this come up. I hope that you all can understand and are will to stick with me on this. I plan to do everything I can to finish the mod and if I can't find people are willing to take up the torch.
Yeah, as said here I have not had the motivation to work on the mod and I feel as though I can focus on other things if I just step down I do believe that this mod has potential and so that why I have handed the reigns to Wolfregis and I'm sure that through the positive messages I've seen from this post that many of you may be able to help him make this mod in a way I never could. I will still be roaming around this post to see whats happened and I'm ready to see what the future of this mod involves.

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
I don’t have any experience in either of those fields, but I remain hopeful that some people will rise to the challenge. I’ll still keep the project on watch of course because it has great potential.

Feb 29, 2020

this is definitely understandable news, this is a gargantuan project to undertake in of itself and the stress of 2020 certainly couldn't do anything to help
as much as i would like to contribute to the effort, i'm not proficient in either of the required tasks, so the best i can do is sit on the sidelines and offer encouragement

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes