Mod Ren'Py A Town Unfiltered - A Town Uncovered Mod [Wolfregis]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Should I re-create the game to allow me to make more changes with the story or keep it the same?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
Honestly I was trying to decide if there should be a percentage bar indicating an area's current level of change/corruption. Or if people would prefer the show don't tell approach as far as the map is concerned.
Gotcha. I think the percentage bar would probably suffice, but if you have time to do more of the “showing” regarding the map that’d be a nice touch.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #8: Kicking Things Off

Evening everyone, I hope all of you are doing well this Sunday. I've got some news as far as development as well as an important announcement.

Plot:
I've been plugging along with the plot proper, trying to get it to a level of polish that will hopefully please everyone that tries the mod out. I'm gonna go through a couple of more revisions and then begin sending what I've got for Act I sent off for review, editing, and coding. After all that's done I'm gonna flesh out what I've got for Act II out, and begin preparations for the next version. Which leads me to my next point, what to expect with Act I and Act II.

The Acts:
As I've said before the main plot will be broken up into seven Acts, the first of these will focus on introducing the player to the world and characters. You will have a few small quests within Act I that will amount to establishing a good number of the characters. Act II will be where we introduce the Cult and where the story will really kick off.

Special Announcement:
As I said a few updates back we're gonna have an event for Hitomi that involves several characters dressing up in costumes for a cosplay event in Hitomi's side story. The rules for the contest are simple:
1. You need to suggest both a Male and Female costumes.
2. Both costumes must have something in common with the other. For example: MC & Hitomi as Conan and Belit. Or Jacob and Jane as Star Trek cadets. Keep in mind the event have the MC and Hitomi competing together as a pair.
3. You can make a maximum of up to five suggestions.
4. Provide visual examples. That way if we need to make changes we can.
5. If two or more people make the same suggestion we'll consider it as a single one.
6. Suggestions must be made by 9th of August. After that we'll look through and pick five of the most interesting suggestions and have them featured in the event.
7. I ask that everyone remain civil and respectful of everyone's suggestions.

Other than this I hope that you all have a wonderful evening. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, burning desires, or suggestions. Feel free to reply to this post or DM, me.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #9: Greasing the Wheels

Evening everyone, just checking in with another update.

Plot:
I've been able to make headway recently and set up a schedule that will allow me to write and send stuff off at a more reasonable pace. Granted this won't be able to account for everything that life could throw my way but it should help speed things up on my end. Other than that I just want to say thank you for your patience thus far and for sticking with us.

Your voice:
Besides the current costume suggestion event we have currently going on, there are a few others that we've got planned in order to get input from you guys. The reason for this is because at the end of the day we're making the mod not just for ourselves but for you all as well, so we want to hear you're input about possible events that we could put into the game to help make it an all around better experience for everyone. The primary reason for this is because your voices matter.

Future Content:
As I mentioned in a previous update, we're gonna be making a roadmap to showcase what we've got planned currently in terms of content. I want to share a tentative look at what's being planned.

V.02 (The Revamp) : Main story Acts I-II, Side Stories: Mom, Sister, Allaway Acts I-II
V.03 : Side stories : Hitomi, Lashley, Hollick Acts I-II
V.04: Sides stories: Violette, Janae, Alanna Acts I-II

Again I want to thank all of you for sticking with us so far, we're gonna do our best to ensure that we're able to make a great mod that will give you a better experience. Also as a small reminder you have until August 9th to submit your costume ideas. Please stay safe out there everyone.

Last edited:

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
Other than making the characters interact with each other more (Like in the backgrounds or something), I really don't know what else to contribute. Costumes aren't really my strong suit. Maybe those underwear that are open, those are really sexy.

You guys are awesome tho, It's nice to see that this hasn't been abandoned.

Reactions: Punto and Wolfregis

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Other than making the characters interact with each other more (Like in the backgrounds or something), I really don't know what else to contribute. Costumes aren't really my strong suit. Maybe those underwear that are open, those are really sexy.

You guys are awesome tho, It's nice to see that this hasn't been abandoned.
Yeah we plan to have that become much more visible and commonplace as the Town changes and the cult gains power, but I do like the overall floral design on the cloth.

D

Deleted member 742088

hey is there a way to download a earlier version of this mod? I know that you are remaking the game but it would be fun to try out before that
I second that, if possible. It'd be cool to play the 'unfinished beta' or something.

Reactions: ratlizard22

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Update #10: Moving Right Along

First off I want to apologize for taking not posting anything the previous two Sundays, life either finds a way to get in the way of things or fuck you over like you were a dock whore from the 1700's. Either way there are several things that need to be addressed.

Setting Expectations:

I've talked about this several times now but this first iteration of the revamp is likely going to be smaller than what is currently in the base game. There are several reasons for this, the main one being is that we want to make sure that this mod goes in a direction that will make for an enjoyable experience. Now we're aiming for at least 30 min to 1 hours worth of content in this new version, which will build and expand from that starting point. The goal isn't to make a game that matches or exceeds the base game's playtime but to create a better experience.

Preventing Feature Creep:
One of the worst things that can happen in an undertaking such as this is the issue of feature creep. Something that we're doing to prevent this issue is limiting the number of things we want to add versus what needs to be added. This is to say the number of extra features we add will never exceed the amount of content we plan to add. We'll probably be able to add more stuff as the mod develops but that will be in the later stages and when we near a fully realized and completed version rather than another iteration.

Cosplay Event:
The event is now closed and unfortunately, we did not receive any suggestions. While it is slightly disheartening that we did not receive any suggestions for this event, thankfully we had a backup plan. We do plan to have other events where we can get community input but only after we've released several versions.

Finally I want to thank you all for sticking with us so far, we going to try our best to meet your expectations and make something that we as creators can be proud of and you all can enjoy.

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
Cosplay Event:
The event is now closed and unfortunately, we did not receive any suggestions. While it is slightly disheartening that we did not receive any suggestions for this event, thankfully we had a backup plan. We do plan to have other events where we can get community input but only after we've released several versions.

Finally I want to thank you all for sticking with us so far, we going to try our best to meet your expectations and make something that we as creators can be proud of and you all can enjoy.
That's a bit surprising! I thought someone would have suggested something. Personally, it's not my area of expertise and I'm usually more go-with-the-flow with costume suggestions so that's why I didn't suggest something. Anyhow, I do think you'll get more community feedback with other types of events in the future, so keep up the great work.

ultramanfan

Jun 17, 2017
Sorry to be "that guy", but is there any estimated release date for a beta or an alpha? I don't mean to shit on you guys or rush your work, especially considering that everything you're doing is for free. But it would be nice to have a date to look forward to.

And thanks again for doing this project. It's the only thread I check on this god forsaken website.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CuriousCitizen

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Sorry to be "that guy", but is there any estimated release date for a beta or an alpha? I don't mean to shit on you guys or rush your work, especially considering that everything you're doing is for free. But it would be nice to have a date to look forward to.

And thanks again for doing this project. It's the only thread I check on this god forsaken website.
Same, I have this thread bookmarked. :KEK:
Honestly, you're fine my dude and as for the answer to your question unfortunately, I really don't like giving release dates especially for a project like this as things can go SNAFU or FUBAR very quickly. Though I can say that I'm sending off the final bits of ACT I off and am going full force into getting ACT II done as quickly as possible. After that it'll be a matter of coding and art, with the art being the most time consuming of the tasks. After that's done we'll probably send out a couple of messages to people in the thread asking if they'll be willing test the new version. If they get through it, and everything works as intended we'll release soon after. We'll probably take a week or two to rest and recharge before going back to the grindstone and try to set up a steady release schedule. Now I was planning on posting this on Sunday's weekly update but I've got a wedding I'll be attending and will be out of town as a result, I figured I post it here. I talked before about how you choice's will have meaning that affect how certain characters interact with you, here's a sample of that with Jacob during your first encounter with him.

*Prompt head to school*
Mom: Oh sweetie, that reminds me you left your phone and backpack near the door last night. I already put it on the charger so it should have some juice left.
MC: Thanks mom, I'm heading out now.
Mom: Love you sweetie, take care.
MC: Can do mom.
*School entrance*
MC: Huh, the place looks rather normal for all the funding that's supposedly going into it.
*Jaiden yelling*
Jai: Double time maggots! We aren't gonna make regionals with that attitude! Hey you there! What are you doing here?
MC: *Fuck she looks like she could take on a goddamn bear.* I-uh...I...
Jai: Speak up! You're a guy aren't you?
MC: I'm new okay? I just moved in a couple of weeks ago.
Jai: Ah, okay sorry. Thought you were suspicious at first. Anyway the name's Jaiden, I'm second-in-command for the school's military program.
MC: Wait we have a military program?
Jai: Yeah, we're just not as big as we used to be, anyway you should probably head inside and get to your first class. I'll probably see you around the campus.
MC: Sounds good.
*Once inside MC is greeted by Jacob.*
Jacob: Oh haven't seen you around, you the new kid?
MC: Kid?
Jacob: Sorry, sorry. Just trying to make some banter. Anyway the name's BJ.
MC: Short for (player choice)

Option 1: Billie Jean, I take it.
Jacob: Wait, the song, the movie, or the tennis player?
MC: Uh...the song.
Jacob: Nice.
Jacob +1 Rel.

Option 2: Ben & Jerry's, I take it.
Jacob: Hey can't go wrong with wanting a scoop of ice cream, and the ladies know I'm more than happy to deliver some cream.
MC: Okay, yeah no.
Jacob: Damn.
Jacob +0 Rel.

Option 3: Blowjob, I take it.
Jacob: I hope you're not insinuating that I like giving them?
MC: You said it not me.
Jacob: Oof stab me in the gut while you're at it.
Jacob -1 Rel.

And some of his dialogue after entering the class room.

*Enters class*
Effie: Oh haven't seen you around here before you new here?
Jacob (Pos): Yeah this is...wait I don't think I ever got your name my dude.
Effie: Seriously Jacob? Honestly, I swear you spend more time on making sure that $30 haircut is maintained than anything else. Well maybe your outfits.
Jacob: And what's wrong with looking amazing, Effie?
Effie: Plenty when you start turning more guys heads that I do.
Jacob: Oof you wound me madam.

Jacob (Neut): This is...I'm sorry I don't think I caught your name.
Effie: Really? That rarely ever happens to you Jacob.
Jacob: Sarcasm dear Effie, is the calling card of the crass and poorly educated.
Effie: Yeah? What does your education say about me putting my foot up your ass?
Jacob: Point taken.

Jacob (Neg): This is...whoever, not that it matters.
Effie: Jacob, you okay man? You're not usually this sour in the morning.
Jacob: I'm fine Effie. Just got a lot on my mind.
Effie: Anyway as he said the name's Effie, you got one yourself or are you just gonna stare.

MC: Yeah the name's MC.Name
Effie: Cool. Well we better get seated the teacher probably won't enjoy having us stand here talking.
MC: Aye.

Aug 19, 2019
I hope you don't overwhelm yourself with writing the branching dialogues. It's looking great and the story is really entertaining tho :love: I'm just really excited about the freeuse aspect of the relationships and how it would turn out.

Theroux

Sep 19, 2017
Glad to know the mod is going well thus far for Act I at least. And yes, giving a release date at any point during this time of developing a mod, tends to bring about more bugs/glitches than you would want. Some tend to lead toward the way of good, others, can be gamebreaking as a whole (Don't like that one bit, I'm sure). I'm always watching with great interest on this thread. If anything, I do call this a Mod. But, not like "Switch this here, make this there" kind. It's a literal sense of the word "Overhaul" of the original game. Still. I'll be watching.

Edit: And me remembering if it's possible, or at all since I'm not seeing many ideas for a while now (frankly, because I think people didn't add anything about costumes by the 9th of this month, so that has come and gone.) But, there is something I'd probably would like to see (Down the road in the future at some point if possible) that we could choose between a Male MC, Female MC, and/or a Futa MC when starting a new game. Granted the Female MC is "plausible" somewhat, I understand as mostly that's either adding a new Male Character harem route (interesting thought) along with the females characters going along with it.

As for the Futa MC. Basically, Female MC, just with male genitals. So, Harem Route and such like her.

More options give a variety to the spice of life as they say. Granted, I'd be willing to see these two options down the line in a future update to this mod.
Though, there is the thought that each MC is in an alternate reality, but the only difference is that Futas exist in the Futa MC's reality, while the Female and Male MCs don't have them. Just my 10 cents on what I'd honestly like to see (because I know some people like choices in their games.)

Last edited:

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Glad to know the mod is going well thus far for Act I at least. And yes, giving a release date at any point during this time of developing a mod, tends to bring about more bugs/glitches than you would want. Some tend to lead toward the way of good, others, can be gamebreaking as a whole (Don't like that one bit, I'm sure). I'm always watching with great interest on this thread. If anything, I do call this a Mod. But, not like "Switch this here, make this there" kind. It's a literal sense of the word "Overhaul" of the original game. Still. I'll be watching.

Edit: And me remembering if it's possible, or at all since I'm not seeing many ideas for a while now (frankly, because I think people didn't add anything about costumes by the 9th of this month, so that has come and gone.) But, there is something I'd probably would like to see (Down the road in the future at some point if possible) that we could choose between a Male MC, Female MC, and/or a Futa MC when starting a new game. Granted the Female MC is "plausible" somewhat, I understand as mostly that's either adding a new Male Character harem route (interesting thought) along with the females characters going along with it.

As for the Futa MC. Basically, Female MC, just with male genitals. So, Harem Route and such like her.

More options give a variety to the spice of life as they say. Granted, I'd be willing to see these two options down the line in a future update to this mod.
Though, there is the thought that each MC is in an alternate reality, but the only difference is that Futas exist in the Futa MC's reality, while the Female and Male MCs don't have them. Just my 10 cents on what I'd honestly like to see (because I know some people like choices in their games.)
Honestly I'd love to be able to give players a Male, Female, and Futa MC option, as it could make for some more interesting storytelling but that'll have to depend on how things shape up. As we're only two people working on this currently, if we can find someone who's willing to either help with the art or the coding so Fudulaboi can focus on what's left over then it might be possible.

I hope you don't overwhelm yourself with writing the branching dialogues. It's looking great and the story is really entertaining tho :love: I'm just really excited about the freeuse aspect of the relationships and how it would turn out.
I'm glad you think so, as for overwhelming myself I've got somethings in place that'll make it easier for me to handle while at the same time keeping me from going overboard. Though it'll likely lead to an overhaul of the relationship system in the future as well.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
I second that, if possible. It'd be cool to play the 'unfinished beta' or something.
+ 1, just discovered this mod, shame i didn't get the chance to test it. Can someone shares the old version which was deleted from the OP please ?

Pretty excited to see what the remake is about :)

Last edited:

zoicite

Feb 10, 2018
+ 1, just discovered this mod, shame i didn't get the chance to test it. Can someone shares the old version which was deleted from the OP please ?

Pretty excited to see what the remake is about :)
I won't post a link to the old version without permission from the dev(s), but I would strongly recommend you read through the posts on about page 5.;);)

• Red Heart
Reactions: jowishg

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
I won't post a link to the old version without permission from the dev(s), but I would strongly recommend you read through the posts on about page 5.;);)
Aaaah I missed that one post, thanks haha !

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
UPDATE #11: Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

General:

I apologize for the lack of communication on my end first and foremost a couple of things happened in the last few weeks that I was not prepared for, and had some rather adverse effects to being able to write. That being said it has since been resolved and I will be getting back to it in full force.

Writing:
I've begun expanding more on what ACT II's plot and general layout as well as character and quests. I'm optimistically looking at finishing up everything by the end of this month. That being said I think that Scenes IV and V of ACT I will be especially tantalizing as it'll introduce the Cult in an official way with the succeeding ACT beginning the Town's corruption.

A Big Decision:
One of the things that will be prominent to the Cult is their devotion to a God/Goddess of Sex, Fertility/Virility, and Pleasure in general. One of the things we're trying to decide is which god or gods should be used. With the exception of Aphrodite, we're looking for suggestions on possible candidates for the Cult's patron deity.

Reactions: ultramanfan
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes