thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Calling all Daz Library Detectives! I repeat, calling all Daz Library Detectives!. Can someone help me to find what model dev is using for Sophia?? *_*

I haven't played the game, but the mother looks like a out of the box model by EmmaAndJordi.

Reactions: Andarilho

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I'm curious as to how the UI is going to look for this game.

The benefit of RPG Maker is the added sense of "sandbox", that really adds to these modern life games. Renpy can work wonderfully and it can also end up being terrible due to how 99% of the games usually end up like this:

1. Click through the dialogue
2. Choose some arbitrary chocie
3. Sex scnee
4. Rinse and Repeat

RPG Maker tends ironically feel more immersive due to you controlling your characters movements and what have you. Really both interested and slightly worried to see how this game will end up in Ren Py.
100% disagree for this game because this game is absolutely linear. There is nothing sandbox at all about this game. You literally go from point A to B to C to D and so on.

I'd rather play through those 4 steps on Renpy than doing something like what was done in RPGM. Example is the basketball game with the boys.

In Renpy, it would be:
1. Talk to boys
2. Change clothes
3. Play basketball

In RPGM, what happened was:
1. Talk to boys
2. Go inside house
3. Go upstairs
4. Go into bedroom
5. Change clothes
6. Get out of bedroom
7. Go downstairs
8. Get out of house
9. Play basketball

There is nothing immersive about that at all. They are just unnecessary extra steps, just like how Sophia had to "put on boots" before going out.

If the game is designed as a sandbox, sure RPGM would fit. But the game wasn't developed with sandbox in mind at all. The children's bedrooms will always say "Ellie is sleeping" and "Dylan is sleeping" even when they aren't in the room. There is no exploration whatsoever in this game that RPGM offering sandbox environment is irrelevant.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
100% disagree for this game because this game is absolutely linear. There is nothing sandbox at all about this game. You literally go from point A to B to C to D and so on.

I'd rather play through those 4 steps on Renpy than doing something like what was done in RPGM. Example is the basketball game with the boys.

In Renpy, it would be:
1. Talk to boys
2. Change clothes
3. Play basketball

In RPGM, what happened was:
1. Talk to boys
2. Go inside house
3. Go upstairs
4. Go into bedroom
5. Change clothes
6. Get out of bedroom
7. Go downstairs
8. Get out of house
9. Play basketball

There is nothing immersive about that at all. They are just unnecessary extra steps, just like how Sophia had to "put on boots" before going out.

If the game is designed as a sandbox, sure RPGM would fit. But the game wasn't developed with sandbox in mind at all. The children's bedrooms will always say "Ellie is sleeping" and "Dylan is sleeping" even when they aren't in the room. There is no exploration whatsoever in this game that RPGM offering sandbox environment is irrelevant.
This is all your opinion.

As for the "not a sandbox yet", it's literally the 0.01 version and the developer himself said he wanted to make this as a more exploration/sandboxy game in the future. Those just don't work on Renpy which are nothing more than visual novels.

In RPGM, atleast you get a lot more variety. For instance, the ability to potentially add a mechanic where you can buy clothes by yourself and wear them around, being viewable in some sort of window (like Lilly of the Valley), or environmental puzzles similar to UrbanXLife/Urban Demons. You just can't do that shit in Ren Py which are never anything more than visual novels.

In saying that, I do see how Ren Py can be beneficial to this game but to act like it's just objectively better than RPGM, is just not true.

Reactions: Alam12 and prozack

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
This is all your opinion.

As for the "not a sandbox yet", it's literally the 0.01 version and the developer himself said he wanted to make this as a more exploration/sandboxy game in the future. Those just don't work on Renpy which are nothing more than visual novels.

In RPGM, atleast you get a lot more variety. For instance, the ability to potentially add a mechanic where you can buy clothes by yourself and wear them around, being viewable in some sort of window (like Lilly of the Valley), or environmental puzzles similar to UrbanXLife/Urban Demons. You just can't do that shit in Ren Py which are never anything more than visual novels.

In saying that, I do see how Ren Py can be beneficial to this game but to act like it's just objectively better than RPGM, is just not true.
I see your point, but Summertime Saga proves that it can be done using Renpy. Very non-linear storyline and fairly open-world. Can't think of any other good examples in Renpy though.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
The premise for the game is promising, and I like the protagonist. However, at this stage (just playing the demo), I don't think it has maximized the use of RPG Maker. There is no "open world" feel, only a lot of unnecessary bloat. Like, do we really need to put away the glasses after the wine-and-dine? Or put her shoes in the shoe rack when she gets back? All that bloat just adds to the tedium. It is not content. It is merely the illusion of content. Less bloat and less unnecessary images could help trim down an already very large download.

That said, I'm looking forward to future updates. :D

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
However, at this stage (just playing the demo), I don't think it has maximized the use of RPG Maker. There is no "open world" feel, only a lot of unnecessary bloat. Like, do we really need to put away the glasses after the wine-and-dine? Or put her shoes in the shoe rack when she gets back? All that bloat just adds to the tedium. It is not content. It is merely the illusion of content. Less bloat and less unnecessary images could help trim down an already very large download.
This is an excellent point. The amount of bloat is definitely something that should be looked at for the Renpy remake as well as future versions. I think the developer had some sort of sequence of scenes in his mind that he kinda just put into the game without actually considering whether such scenes are adding any value into the game or not.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
On DazStudio, if you open up the 'Shaping' tab, you can pretty much adjust sizes with presets and individual sliders. But the Sunny hair is spot on, good catch.

Jansen

May 8, 2017
It looks like the girl from saruh's Game Angelica's Temptation and Sophia are almost the same. Just that Sophia happens to be a much better modeled rendered with 4K HD graphics.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes