ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I suppose you're right - for something to be true it must always be true and as you demonstrate, my inclusion of painting doesn't hold in many cases. I guess I was thinking more in contemporary terms: artists who rely on the gallery system and actual sales. A showing/exhibition is scheduled months and months in advance but the work has to be ready to sell on opening night.

The da Vinci example is probably exactly apt for L&P: da Vinci was patronized by the de Medici family for most of his early years, and later moved to Milan (another patron but I forget who, landed nobility I'm sure). He had income, support, and more or less free reign to pursue his artistic interests. (I know patrons would commission [demand] specific paintings as well, so let's not pick it apart completely)

So under that light and with L&P's latest diatribe fresh in the mind, looks like we're all stuck with this totally fucked production schedule.
Don't forget Leonardo da Vinci never finished his commissions, or rarely did. Just a thought.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Reactions: xxxorro

Tennyson@

Dec 31, 2020
Bare boobs, sucking nipples ... no more. WTF, Dylan first :ROFLMAO:

Who will suck Sophia's nipples first? Ellie, Dylan,.................................................... / Sam!!! :sneaky:
Well my guess is Ellie because she is much nearer to her than the boys Julia already sucked it

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Or Sam, after the concert, is going to get drunk with his friends since it's in a bar.
Sophia will then take him home and during the trip, Sam will have wandering hands and say nonsense :cool:
In USA you have to be 21 to drink in a bar (unless he has fake id). You can be in a bar under 21 just can’t be served, maybe Sophia buys a pitcher or a bottle to take backstage with him

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I would like to add to your statement. I have no doubt whatsoever that in L&P's perfectionism and process that 2x - 3x more renders are generated than what makes the cut. Keeping in mind your averaging observations, if the update was to have say 800, it would be likely that at the very minimum 1600 in his process would be generated from we can logic out. More complications and challenges he has just means more trial and error IMO. Your math shows that L&P got lost in the weeds during this update and has a HUGE opportunity to learn from it and adjust. Just an observation.
Wow, sorry i did t catch your post earlier. I really do think L&P is just winging it, in terms of searching for the right pose, the right angle, doing tons and tons of tests before making a decision. Not the right approach. Should know what they are going for before even booting up the ol DAZ3d.

Reactions: Cold brew

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
L&P has to vastly improve his workflow process, otherwise this game is going to get abandoned.

If we're only getting half a day per update with his current rate of 2 updates a year, its going to take him 20+ years to get to playable day 30. If I understand correctly, he sets the scene up, waits for it to render than makes whatever changes and renders again? Wouldn't it be a lot quicker to hire someone to simply render his scenes so he can start working on the next ones? Of if he's concerned about leaks and what not are there cloud rendering services?
It's a third of a day now, not half. A third of a day each 5 months, for now.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Wow, sorry i did t catch your post earlier. I really do think L&P is just winging it, in terms of searching for the right pose, the right angle, doing tons and tons of tests before making a decision. Not the right approach. Should know what they are going for before even booting up the ol DAZ3d.
Absolutely just winging it.
Even in terms of story, not just the renders, hence why I've been saying that he needs someone to assist him according to his needs for the next update. The chances of that happening are near 0 which begs the question: why is he so adamant in not accepting help (that does not include any of the rendering + assets) ?

Reactions: m4pII

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
You know something, I never even considered the possibility that L&P is producing potentially hundreds of extra renders that get cut. That would explain why he says that he has already cut all of the unnecessary scenes possible. I mean, I don't agree with him, but if he's cutting hundreds of images then he could have an unconscious bias that everything that could be cut has been cut.

It's still really terrible project management.

Reactions: m4pII
3.30 star(s) 451 Votes