Mar 28, 2018
Hi Notretsam, you should learn to chill. The saying that 'You don't kick your bank-roller in the balls' is a mainstay of business and governments, so why should 'cloud support' be any different. I never waste my time 'complaining about nothing' I have much better things to do with my life than troll. In the end no it's not up to just L&P, it's a two way street as I said above in which the interactions dictate the future actions.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
people say things, then change there mind, its a thing we all do.

As for wanting more money, we all WANT more money, that is just normal and certainly is no reason to complain about.

no matter what y'all say, it's up to L & P and not you. That really should be obvious and the end of it, but there will probably be another 50 pages of the same complaint in this thread.

if you don't like it, then stop watching this thread and stop playing AWAM then.

all I ever see in here are people complaining over nothing, but yet you see the same people constantly posting and complaining in here about a VN they apparently don't like, it's weird.

I stopped liking summertime saga and posted about it, even got banned (rightfully) for a week from the SS thread as a result of the heated discussion I got in. Guess what I did after the week ban? nothing, I stopped watching the thread and never commented since because I got better things to do and there a bunch of other VN's for me to play.
Good advice but sadly people on here will carry on constantly posting and complaining about AwAm.
After reading through L&P patron page it is clear that he will not be cutting the characters down or dropping the two side jobs,he has already shortened the Bennet saga and probably some others that we don't know about.
I don't know how he will try and resolve this and he is discussing this with his patrons ,and to be fair they are really the only ones that count,as 99% of the people on here are not patrons.
As people have said before he could either burn himself out or the game gets abandoned,two choices that I don't want to happen.

Last edited:

legolasbaler

Sep 15, 2017
Who really knows the right answer to that one.
It could be his crazy attention to details also every scene must be perfect and it is still a solo project,if he will ever get some help who knows,large work load.
Then you will have the trolls,idiots,single brain cells peeps who will insist that he is milking the community and that they could do an update with the same quality every month.
So your question has multiple answers
Do you pay a German on Patreon every month ? Or once every six months ? :unsure::LOL:

• Angry
Reactions: Elemo

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Hi Notretsam, you should learn to chill. The saying that 'You don't kick your bank-roller in the balls' is a mainstay of business and governments, so why should 'cloud support' be any different. I never waste my time 'complaining about nothing' I have much better things to do with my life than troll. In the end no it's not up to just L&P, it's a two way street as I said above in which the interactions dictate the future actions.
I am chill, think it you and every one who constantly complains in this thread that need to chill and find a VN that you do like.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Good advice but sadly people on here will carry on constantly posting and complaining about AwAm.
After reading through L&P patron page it is clear that he will not be cutting the characters down or dropping the two side jobs,he has already shortened the Bennet saga and probably some others that we don't know about.
I don't know how he will try and resolve this and he is discussing this with them,and to be fair they are really the only ones that count,as 99% of the people on here are not patrons.
As people have said before he could either burn himself out or the game gets abandoned,two choices that I don't want to happen.
I hope he doesn't get burnt out as well and finishes it, but to be honest with the constant complaining I see in this thread, I wouldn't blame him for thinking it not worth the hassle and abandoning the game.

Sure I said before in this thread, I think the side stories are part of the main stories, there side things that help Sophia become corrupted and then eventually does go further with Dylan, Sam, Ellie and Zack.

I think he should tell the story he wants to tell but I'm not a Patreon and he should only listen to them, still should tell his story though.

anyway, I shall return to my not posting, as it never seems to go anywhere good :)

Mar 28, 2018
Hahaha, I am chilled. In fact am busy enjoying creating some artwork and don't have time atm to look at a VN. Seemingly unlike you - who get into difficulties by complaining - it is rare for me to complain.

• Haha

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I am chill, think it you and every one who constantly complains in this thread that need to chill and find a VN that you do like.
I believe that the vast majority of people who visit this thread do so because they enjoy this game, whether they criticise it or not.
Much of this critique & commentary has been constructive. Yes, there is debate & it can be heated, because we all have different points of view, as with anything in life, e.g. I'm probably in a minority here in wishing Bennet's route hadn't been cut. As far as most of us free-riders are concerned there's a general acceptance that we can do little to influence the Dev, or his game.
None of this should limit the open discussion of what is good & bad about AWAM. What is good is what keeps bringing people back here, even though, by now, logic suggests that finding another favourite game, or even a new hobby, might be a good idea.
What is bad is the length of time between updates when solutions to this exist & also the number of characters who seem to promise some activity, only to lapse into the background. They just add to the complexity, which many believe is one cause of the delays.
Most of us here want this game to succeed. It has the quality renders, the interesting characters & storylines. It has a choice of fetishes. Above all it has Sophia & whichever other member(s) of the cast may come to mind. I've had a few favourite games in the past which were abandoned. This must not happen to AWAM, or at least we hope it won't but to quote The Stranglers, (New Wave band of the 70's/80's for you kids out there), "something better change."

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
Hi JuliusAsh, your comment (modified) '... this can also be understood by the law relating development progress to the inverse proportion of the increase in income' is true for many devs sadly because they want to capitalise on their success quite reasonably, but hey we are all human I guess.
Hi Andrew David Irving, sure we are human and greed is one of our weaknesses.... but how the God of Erotic VNs can be so weak? Perfectionism is not only in arts results, perfectionism is a way of life... a perfectionist cannot be greed..

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
The game will be a LOT smoother and pick up a LOT of traction if he hires a couple of quality staff. I know he doesn't want to sacrifice some of this earnings, but he's pulling 6 figures with this project...he can surely afford to pay for 1-2 quality staffers who just do renders

Reactions: Wedstone and Elemo

Xydal

Apr 5, 2019
I hope he doesn't get burnt out as well and finishes it, but to be honest with the constant complaining I see in this thread, I wouldn't blame him for thinking it not worth the hassle and abandoning the game.

Sure I said before in this thread, I think the side stories are part of the main stories, there side things that help Sophia become corrupted and then eventually does go further with Dylan, Sam, Ellie and Zack.

I think he should tell the story he wants to tell but I'm not a Patreon and he should only listen to them, still should tell his story though.

anyway, I shall return to my not posting, as it never seems to go anywhere good :)
"but to be honest with the constant complaining I see in this thread, I wouldn't blame him for thinking it not worth the hassle and abandoning the game." Ohhh, now You are blackmailing audience like: "You nonbelievers stop express your heresy aloud here."

"I think he should tell the story he wants to tell" - that's the point I completely agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Julius Ash

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019

He's earning far too much $$ to even consider that. How would I know his revenue matters? Because he won't hire help.

And I'm not attacking the developer. This is the best game, bar none. As a fan I just wish it was a bit more regular XD

Reactions: rowdyranger

Xydal

Apr 5, 2019
And one more note: I've read few last L&P's comments in this thread (Feb, Mar 2020). All of them are revolving around game's rating/reviews made by someone else and why F95 staff allows such reviews.

As I said before, business model for this game is based on newcomers, who aren't familiar with game's development history.
Newcomers instantly get huge, well done game with lot of teasing, so they tend to be more generous.
Game's rating(based on players's reviews) is crucial for its attractiveness to newcomers, that is why it's matter utmost importance.

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
wait... what? Sophia got changed over the updates?
Of course Sophia changed during time...passed almost 3 years and you must consider also how often she changes her bra in each update... with all that workout also my boobs may bump up.... :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
L&P should hire this guy Phanex and everybody win.

Look at his work (with your permission):

View attachment 707655

Do you work for others?
The detail are amazing but it might cost him half of his income to recruit him, with this level of rendering he can make game as good as high life if he have interesting story to tell

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
I find weird the complaints is responding to and the one he ignores. I can understand wanting to do everything yourself cause you don’t want to depend on someone in case something bad happens and you have to redo their work. He won’t reduce the number of characters no matter what ( and I’m glad for that as like different situations he puts Sophia through). But in that case he has to reduce the number of renders. He has to find a balance between number of renders, number of lines and time to complete an update. If he doesn’t, it will take at least 10 years to finish this game. That the point that almost everyone agrees here. That it will take too long to complete. And he never address that point.

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017
I find weird the complaints is responding to and the one he ignores. I can understand wanting to do everything yourself cause you don’t want to depend on someone in case something bad happens and you have to redo their work. He won’t reduce the number of characters no matter what ( and I’m glad for that as like different situations he puts Sophia through). But in that case he has to reduce the number of renders. He has to find a balance between number of renders, number of lines and time to complete an update. If he doesn’t, it will take at least 10 years to finish this game. That the point that almost everyone agrees here. That it will take too long to complete. And he never address that point.
The risk is that Dev loose interest in the developement of the project..as he stated in the beginning of his adventure the project was going to take about 30 months to be completed..30 months are passed and the project is far from half done. It seems that all we are aware of this except the developer. He must explain to the people that are supporting economically the project how he will manage for 10 years more the developing. Nobody can stay focused on a small project as AWAM for all that time without start to loose attention. When this time will arrive those that will be more impacted are the patreons...just the ones that are now helping him to become reach. Dear L&ATMP the people that you are tricking are the ones that fill your bank account every month ...do not forget it if you wanna be considered as a professional

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes