phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
No, no we don't, and that's a big part of the problem.

Any character(s) in a VN that get events dedicated to them when they aren't an endgame LI, or even an important side-piece, is a complete waste of time and resources, in my opinion. So what if these characters push Sophia towards being more "filthy" by saying dirty things or touching her in a certain way, if they're not characters she's going to end up with then they're entirely superfluous. Any needed Filthy points can easily be generated elsewhere with characters that actually matter to the endgame plot and L&P needs to wake up and realise this.

I haven't yet but I've been considering posting something in the Community section on Patreon about it. Not so much about the slow progress towards sex, but about all the characters, branches, etc, that are slowing things down too much.

I get the frustration with regards to the lack of sex with characters whose name isn't Liam, but at the same time I get why it's taking so long because Sophia isn't meant to be one of those box-standard characters in a VN that, despite feeling conflicted, gives in to her desires easily. The point is to show how seemingly random events and occurrences are pushing her towards this in a more believable way thus making the sex more meaningful when it does happen.
Not exactly the lack of sex. There is a reason for anybody to take so long, even ICSTOR said that his game burns him out easily. But in this case, the amount of time mathmatically doesn't respect a realistic timespan given the time space between each update. Due to that, the reasoning why i ask if anybody asked is just there are to much speculation, i dont even get triggered by the delay as others do, but is he not watching the time that has passed and it'll take?

EDIT: did not see farrah's posting the patreon post.
I dont think he takes criticism or questioning very well

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
no question he has beautiful renders and I am anxious in seeing the next part of the story for Sophia and how she progresses down the dirty path.

but dev has a very thin skin and fragile ego. he is taking away valuable time he could be spending on development and instead responding to people on the internet trying to change their mind lol.

if his patrons are the ones giving him this shit then i understand; but if he’s making that sort of post to respond to what people on F95 are saying about him (instead of what he and his supporters are telling him) then he has deeper and bigger issues.

Mini-Me

Aug 1, 2018
"

"

If this vote goes through and people say yes, get ready for him either to not go through with it because it "messes up its creative/artistic vision" or for one event to turn into 2 months of work ;)

If people say no to this, they can start preparing for an abandoned game down the line.

Also 380 renders for 1 scene? Im sure half of them would be enough. As always, every update is a new record in nr of renders and also a new record of slow pacing the game.
If the events will be more and more bigger and one event will take 2 months, then one game day will be created in 2 years, i.e. another 30 years for game end? I doubt that I will physically live to see this moment, and the developer?

dr.akhibadge

Aug 31, 2019
Few people....ahahahaha....i love Humor....
Some people lives thousands years like vampire but we are poor human dont have many month for wait to just watch touching and teasing
Dear list and passion, I request you to not worry about the post of few people they don't represent your whole fan community. Do your best and take your time, the story line is perfect and go with the flow.

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
no question he has beautiful renders and I am anxious in seeing the next part of the story for Sophia and how she progresses down the dirty path.

but dev has a very thin skin and fragile ego. he is taking away valuable time he could be spending on development and instead responding to people on the internet trying to change their mind lol.

if his patrons are the ones giving him this shit then i understand; but if he’s making that sort of post to respond to what people on F95 are saying about him (instead of what he and his supporters are telling him) then he has deeper and bigger issues.
he can always pick this game fanart artist to become his assistant

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Rendering can take quite a long time, obviously dependant on your computer specs.

I'm developing a game and I'm having to setup several scenes and queue them up for rendering overnight.

One reviewer commented that they could have rendered 10,000-15,000 images in the time it takes L&P to create an update. If I left my machine rendering constantly for 24x7 it would take almost a year to produce that amount. That's purely average render time, no setup or post work included in the figure. And since I'm at the beginning of the process, I am still on quite simple renders with two-three characters in a scene.
10k-15k images in 3 months? it might be possible in high-end Nvidia graphic card machines, like 11MB Nvidia graphic cards and maybe even 8MB but yeah, the 11MB cost over a thousand pound, so like you, I doubt they are being truthful.

I think L & P does well, a lot of developers have to choose between speed and quality due to the machines they're using, as they can't render quality quickly. A lot like L & P choose quality, which is the right decision and something I have learned recently myself with own VN.

The renders L & P does would probably take me 3+ hours on my machine but obviously have no idea what settings L & P is using but I can take a guess, and depending on their machine, it will be at least 2-2.5 hours per image am sure, most likely faster than my own machine.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Viper6, I agree with your sentiment in principle. This is one of my favourite games and I provide him with support, but I have recognised for about a year that the game is highly likely to be abandoned in the end as you say - the long timescale coupled with his demeanor are sufficient to cause this. The likely completion date has gradually slipped beyond 10 years in the future to more that 15 years as he has gradually increases the number of positioning renders in each update. Usually it is the combinatorial explosion of images needed to keep up with the various paths that kills game development, and that is also true here to an extent, but increasing the number of renders can also kill progress (presumed to be a measure to us of how hard he is working). I understand that he wants to tell his story in his way with minimal 'interference' in the creative process, but he is doing what we all do in 'migrating to concentrate on the things that we like to do' and his 'thing' appears to be positioning renders - not the sex... As a creative person I know just how important it is to left in peace to 'do the deed', but I also know from long term experience just how valuable it can be to work with others in a multidisciplinary manner to improve the creative process - you just have to compartmentalise and 'keep the waters separated' where necessary. Imo it would be better if he did listen to and understand his audience, and not just get upset, in a manner that makes his own life less stressful and increases the probability that the game will continue in the long term ...

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
ugh, regarding this hiring people and whether L & P should or shouldn't.

"they shouldn't if they don't want to and they should if they do want to"

Just cause you want updates quicker doesn't mean L & P should hire people, it just means you are being impatient. :)

Some people (myself included) enjoy working by themselves more than working with others.

• Angry
Reactions: Elemo

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019

Just cause you want updates quicker doesn't mean L & P should hire people, it just means you are being impatient. :)

Some people (myself included) enjoy working by themselves more than working with others.
it was l & p who said he would hire someone, then change and said he would try to find someone. now he will change again saying that he does not want to share his money.

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Notretsam, its not just about L&P, its about L&P AND his patrons; its not a one way street. I have worked alone for years creating things and 'solving problems', but at the same time I have happily worked with others on joint projects. It is 'horses for courses' approach not 'I am an island'. I don't want updates quicker, I want the dev to tell his story in his way; and no, I am not impatient, but I am concerned that his project time scale has been affected by him adjusting his modus operandi in the sense that he has changed/is changing the resource allocation for specific tasks; that means that to me he appears to have increased greatly the number of renders required to produce each scene - which are great there is no denying - because he likes to make renders and that the number of renders produced are one way for him to display 'work done'. There are other ways to demonstrate value and progress, such as the number of scenes produced.

Julius Ash

Sep 26, 2017

Hiring people has been stated by L&ATMP oh his patreon page as a consequence of the increasing of incoming.. At that times he was not against the idea... the incoming increase is reached...some times ago he changed is minds but it is licit suspect that the creative process is not the real reason of his minds changes...Most probably more money in the pocket is his intention...this can also be understanded ascentaining how the development progress is inversely proportional to the incoming increase. Dev consider himself as a genius, the god of the Erotic VNs
and react a a child to every critics... i'm sure that his face color become green every time that, hidden on this thread, he reads criticism....we loves you dear mr Hulk...keep work hardly and fap less every time that a new render is completed...your work is not the Monna Lisa of third millennium...

Flies free but flies low...

peace and love

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
Hi JuliusAsh, your comment (modified) '... this can also be understood by the law relating development progress to the inverse proportion of the increase in income' is true for many devs sadly because they want to capitalise on their success quite reasonably, but hey we are all human I guess.

Xydal

Apr 5, 2019
he can always pick this game fanart artist to become his assistant
Yeap ... moreover (s)he promised to do it in one of her patreon's goal.
People tell (I don't know is it true or not) that (s)he has 2 computers: for composing scenes and for final rendering. Second one has 2 top NVidia cards 2080Ti Titan RTX with 24Gb VRAM each. Definitively rendering is not bottleneck, the real bottleneck here is composition of the scenes and there is only one way to speed up this process: add more manpower.
L&P excuses regarding scene's perfection are baseless. (S)He can split workflow with a partner in very effective and productive way, like partner prepares intermediate scenes and L&P gives those scenes final artistic touches. There are plenty of cloud disk solutions available in the internet for results interchange.

Instead what do we see in reality?
1. As far as I know, L&P refuses to collaborate with anyone.
2. L&P constantly introduce new faces into the game, thus creating more and more branches (therefore more and more renders) in the storyline

Considering those facts, I can only say that real goal of this project is milking via teasing. That's sad truth, game is awesome, I enjoy it myself greatly, but with such attitude it will never be finished. There are a lot of cultists, who just afraid to look onto game's final fate, so they will continue to feed dev with less and less feedback, driven only by hope and believes in almighty Creator.

Last edited:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
people say things, then change there mind, its a thing we all do.

As for wanting more money, we all WANT more money, that is just normal and certainly is no reason to complain about.

no matter what y'all say, it's up to L & P and not you. That really should be obvious and the end of it, but there will probably be another 50 pages of the same complaint in this thread.

if you don't like it, then stop watching this thread and stop playing AWAM then.

all I ever see in here are people complaining over nothing, but yet you see the same people constantly posting and complaining in here about a VN they apparently don't like, it's weird.

I stopped liking summertime saga and posted about it, even got banned (rightfully) for a week from the SS thread as a result of the heated discussion I got in. Guess what I did after the week ban? nothing, I stopped watching the thread and never commented since because I got better things to do and there a bunch of other VN's for me to play.

Jul 15, 2018
people say things, then change there mind, its a thing we all do.

As for wanting more money, we all WANT more money, that is just normal and certainly is no reason to complain about.

no matter what y'all say, it's up to L & P and not you. That really should be obvious and the end of it, but there will probably be another 50 pages of the same complaint in this thread.

if you don't like it, then stop watching this thread and stop playing AWAM then.

all I ever see in here are people complaining over nothing, but yet you see the same people constantly posting and complaining in here about a VN they apparently don't like, it's weird.

I stopped liking summertime saga and posted about it, even got banned (rightfully) for a week from the SS thread as a result of the heated discussion I got in. Guess what I did after the week ban? nothing, I stopped watching the thread and never commented since because I got better things to do and there a bunch of other VN's for me to play.
Who hurt you?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes