Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
L&P should hire this guy Phanex and everybody win.

Look at his work (with your permission):

View attachment 707655

Do you work for others?
He could ask about helping out but where is he/she based in the world?Do they even speak the same language?
I know that some devs like the people that they hire to at least live in the same country.You also have the transfare of assets to that person and how many gigs could that end up being?
If he is still at college couldn't he ask for some help from the IT course,that could be held there.,students looking for money and on experience,could be a cheap way to hire people.
we know that this is his first project and he wanted to do it all himself but surely he must realise by now that this is not possible,

Last edited:

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
He could ask about helping out but where is he/she based in the world?Do they even speak the same language?
I know that some devs like the people that they hire to at least live in the same country.You also have the transfare of assets to that person and how many gigs could that end up being?
If he is still at college couldn't he ask for some help from the IT course,that could be held there.,students looking for money and on experience,could be a cheap way to hire people.
we know that this is his first project and he wanted to do it all himself but surely he must realise by now that this is not possible,
This is his first project and it surely risks being the only one of his life at this rate ....

But anyway .... L&P confines himself to wanting to continue like this and above all gets carried away for nonsense.
We do not criticize his game, nor his quality, why L&P does not understand that it may as well have the same result, with much less rendering.
In addition to that, I am sure that his workload would be easier to manage and therefore less stress.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Good advice but sadly people on here will carry on constantly posting and complaining about AwAm.
After reading through L&P patron page it is clear that he will not be cutting the characters down or dropping the two side jobs,he has already shortened the Bennet saga and probably some others that we don't know about.
I don't know how he will try and resolve this and he is discussing this with his patrons ,and to be fair they are really the only ones that count,as 99% of the people on here are not patrons.
As people have said before he could either burn himself out or the game gets abandoned,two choices that I don't want to happen.
I doubt Bennett have that much content even before that.So we don't lose or gain much from shortening his events.
It's not like he was suppose to have a romance arc with Sophia.
And from the start of this year I decide to approach every game with the presumption that will be abandoned.If that not happen-good for me.But of course a game that will take 10+ years is in worst positon.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
A) Development stagnates because he's slow as shit and if that's the case he should hire some help, restructure his development process or scrap some of his ideas to help speed things up.

B) Development stagnates because he spends limited time on the title and if that's the case he should hire some help, restructure his development process or scrap some of his ideas to help speed things up.

C) Development stagnates because he's milking the title and is content with people giving him money for subpar work effort.

Fact of the matter is that L&P is an interesting case because if he speeds things up he'll at the very least triple his patreon earning as he's sitting on a gold mine. Now many people are put off by the disgusting update speed because at the current pace there's no way this game will live to see a satisfying conclusion. There's absolutely no reason for him to take so long with a visual novel that has 720p renders, no animations, no sandbox, no ludicrous amounts of branching paths, etc. The fact he's continuing to introduce new characters this late in development makes me think he has no desire to correct the course and is content with the current situation. :WeSmart:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The dev from Being a DIK works alone too. Can someone enlighten us about if the quality of that VN is the same as this one and how much time he takes between updates?

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Between 300-400 renders/month is a very decent number. So, a 3 months update with 1200 renders is OK. Is a large story what this game wants to put in pictures. If you cut something it's like last season of GoT.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The dev from Being a DIK works alone too. Can someone enlighten us about if the quality of that VN is the same as this one and how much time he takes between updates?
Probably the most praised devs-fully deserved/PhillyGames and Dr PinkCake/,not counting the animations and not including the last updates from June.
So for around 1 year.
City of Broken Dreamers-6 updates,around 4000 renders+probably best animations.
Being a DIK-4 updates,around 8000 renders

Dunav

Apr 12, 2019
I am not going to be surprised if he quit the game developing after this update. After all this is common thing and happen to many other games. Most of them share the same situation, the amount of time for releasing new update is getting bigger and bigger, than the owner start to delay even more and hiding behind some excuses as "I dont have time..." and at the end the game is abandoned.
I don't know why this happens... may be the developers are getting greedy or lazy. Or may be they found new job and earn much more money. I am not complaining, every single update for me was free :) . But I don't think his supporters/donators will be happy when he start to milk.

Lederzar

Mar 5, 2020
In my opinion, what L&P must understand is that the reason why he is receiving so much criticism is that two very dangerous things have been combined.The first is that 3 years have passed and we have only one sex scene and the second is that the updates each time required more time, if there were more sexual scenes people would not complain about the delay and if the updates did not take so long people would not complain about the lack of sex, L&P must find a balance between both or I think we will see another Milfy City very soon

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Being a DIK-4 updates,around 8000 renders
If I remember correctly then we would talk about 4-5k render(4ep) not 8k.
I summon Holy Bacchus there who count render 1-5EP sometimes.

Edit:
Forget what I said, it was just about the character, not at all.
EP1: 1301 renders
Ep2: 1709 renders
Ep3: 2289 renders
Ep4: 2532 renders
Ep5: 2456 renders

I have to say that L&P is slow if you compare this and the DPC renrder doesn't lose much to L&P.
Sad But true(?)

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Is there a reason why every woman in his works has the exact same face?
Seems that there are only two characters there: Emily and three pictures of April. You can read the captions, just by passing the cursor over the images.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If I remember correctly then we would talk about 4-5k render(4ep) not 8k.
I summon Holy Bacchus there who count render 1-5EP sometimes.
At present BaDIK has 10,214 scene renders in the game. This number, however, doesn't include all the images from the mini-games, phone apps, free-roam clickables (parts of scene renders on transparent backgrounds), and special renders. They also have 517 animations in the game too. The latest episode also had 2546 full screen renders and DPC's status update yesterday said that they've done 700 renders for episode 6 in about about 2 weeks.

Compare that to the first half of Day 18 in AWAM which had 515 renders, and the game has a total of 6910 renders.

I do feel these should numbers should come with disclaimers though, chief among them is that, although AWAM has been in development longer than BaDIK, we know that L&P was a student for pretty much all of that time and is a big reason why this game has taken so long. However, I feel I should also point out that DPC had a job up until late last year whilst they had been developing BaDIK and Acting Lessons.

Another thing I would say is that, whilst the renders of BaDIK are impressive, they seem to use very standard lighting, poses that require minimal adjustments, and have a lot of those renders where characters will say several lines and the facial expressions never change. Whereas L&P's renders have much more detailed lighting and they pose their characters in much more detailed ways as well as adjusting the character expressions a lot more.

So, basically, whilst both games are good and impressive, we have a case where one dev is very meticulous with their renders which is what takes them a while, and another who is less meticulous which takes them less time but they can still make them look good. I also think DPC has about 2-3 high-spec rendering machines as well and L&P might not have the same.

Last edited:

Tarkash

Lexi Head-Writer
Game Developer
May 9, 2020
At present BaDIK has 10,214 scene renders in the game. This number, however, doesn't include all the images from the mini-games, phone apps, free-roam clickables (parts of scene renders on transparent backgrounds), and special renders. They also have 517 animations in the game too. The latest episode also had 2546 full screen renders and DPC's status update yesterday said that they've done 700 renders for episode 6 in about about 2 weeks.

Compare that to the first half of Day 18 in AWAM which had 515 renders, and the game has a total of 6910 renders.

I do feel these should numbers should come with disclaimers though, chief among theme is that, although AWAM has been in development longer than BaDIK, we know that L&P was a student for pretty much all of that time and is a big reason why this game has taken so long. However, I feel I should also point out that DPC had a job up until late last year whilst they had been developing BaDIK and Acting Lessons.

Another thing I would say is that, whilst the renders of BaDIK are impressive, they seem to use very standard lighting, poses that require minimal adjustments, and have a lot of those renders where characters will say several lines and the facial expressions never change. Whereas L&P's renders have much more detailed lighting and they pose there characters in much more detailed ways as well as adjusting the character expressions a lot more.

So, basically, whilst both games are good and impressive, we have a case where one dev is very meticulous with their renders which is what takes them a while, and another who is less meticulous which takes them less time but they can still make them look good. I also think DPC has about 2-3 high-spec rendering machines as well and L&P might not have the same.
As I have played and really enjoyed both I totally agree.
Dunno about machines. So I can't comment on that point.
On the urge of perfection though:
But with this meticulous tick slowing down the progress by a lot. maybe it might be a good decision to tune it down a bit.
Do we really need all this special lighting? Additional poses and rendering Lipservice?
It is nice, but faster updates would be nice too so question is: What's more important?
And I think this is where the players divide. Some want more content, others love it for the quality.
As F95 is full of nice or at least decent games to kill some time in between, I'm okay with waiting for an update.
(As long as it doesn't become milfy city long till it happens. I mean a game taking a fucking whole century to ever be completed? If ever at all? sheesh.)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
And I think this is where the players divide. Some want more content, others love it for the quality.
And some, like myself, want both and believe it is achievable as there are many games out there that do both.

I believe that L&P is fully capable of matching a game like BaDIK in terms of both quality and the amount of content in each update, but their meticulous attention to detail, which is not necessarily a bad thing, does seem to be causing a bit of an issue. That and their stubborness to not accept that the path they're currently on may not be the right one.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Yeap ... moreover (s)he promised to do it in one of her patreon's goal.
People tell (I don't know is it true or not) that (s)he has 2 computers: for composing scenes and for final rendering. Second one has 2 top NVidia cards 2080Ti Titan RTX with 24Gb VRAM each. Definitively rendering is not bottleneck, the real bottleneck
It is a bottleneck though, considering 1/4 of the time is gonna be spend on rendering. No other %s go up when he has to render.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
The story from Acting Lessons and BaDIK is much better. There's no comparison.
AWAM has pretty much standard stuff that we see in these VNs..

Render-wise AWAM is great but it's too many renders. He would make a way better "game" by dropping 1/4 of the renders entirely and another 1/4 as easter eggs throughout the "map".

Theres a ton he could do to make this better but for some reason he wont do it.
He wont finish this game if it continues like this.

kkkbro

Jun 28, 2020
I really like the main family in this game. They should be the main characters of GTA 6 :). As for the game hurry tf up please and then maybe release a game from the father's perspective. Atm all this game does is blue balls and disappoints me cause nothing happens.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes